Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

So who made Dallas Cup?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So who made Dallas Cup?

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/15/2014, 7:03 pm

Sporting by default
Wizards FC has been confirmed...Who else and criteria??
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: So who made Dallas Cup?

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/16/2014, 6:31 am

Nobody but Sporting?? Anybody else???? Mutes!!
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys on 2/16/2014, 9:14 pm

Congrats Wizards !! Next Sunday game of the week Wizards vs SU.
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! on 2/19/2014, 8:14 am

the following teams are in:

sporting united
wizards
fc dallas u12 pa
texas lightning black

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 2/19/2014, 8:33 am

Congratulations to the four teams and their coaches (Videla, Burciaga, Sampaio, and Hayden).  Well done.

A good mix; three independent clubs (top 3 D1) and the top local PA team (top in the PA league). You have Sporting United from the East Dallas/Mesquite/Garland area, Wizards from Oak Cliff and Tx Lightning from Arlington. The FCD PA boys hail from many NTX neighborhoods, ranging from Frisco to the big city working-class neighborhoods. Earned the good old fashion way, with hard work.

I look forward to watching the boys represent North Texas against top domestic and international competition. The boys will have memories that will last a lifetime. Best of luck!
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/19/2014, 9:19 am

PG-Boy wrote:Congratulations to the four teams and their coaches (Videla, Burciaga, Sampaio, and Hayden).  Well done.

A good mix; three independent clubs (top 3 D1) and the top local PA team (top in the PA league). You have Sporting United from the East Dallas/Mesquite/Garland area, Wizards from Oak Cliff and Tx Lightning from Arlington. The FCD PA boys hail from many NTX neighborhoods, ranging from Frisco to the big city working-class neighborhoods. Earned the good old fashion way, with hard work.

I look forward to watching the boys represent North Texas against top domestic and international competition. The boys will have memories that will last a lifetime. Best of luck!

All those teams beside fcd pa will get crushed.....and fcd pa will have their hands full

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 2/19/2014, 9:29 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:Congratulations to the four teams and their coaches (Videla, Burciaga, Sampaio, and Hayden).  Well done.

All those teams beside fcd pa will get crushed.....and fcd pa will have their hands full

Well, they have time to work on their defensive tactics and pick-up top quality defensive guest players. Defense will make-or-break them in the group stage.

As an example, when I watched the Tigres from Monterrey (pro academy) at the Bobby Rhine, the biggest differences I saw was their fitness, speed and footwork. They weren't messing around dribbling or booting the ball. They held the ball close to their feet, turned from pressure and kept the ball moving at a dizzying pace. I had never seen a team the same age as our boys move the ball so damn fast. I was mesmerized. Our boys could hardly catch a whiff of the ball, it was moving around the pitch so fast, player to player. The speed of play was 2x+ the speed of Classic. Our local boys can't be playing at normal Classic pace, they need to train at a faster pace. Much faster.
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/19/2014, 9:32 am

Way toooo much credit to FCD-PA. Joking right!
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 2/19/2014, 9:39 am

PG-Boy wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Well, they have time to work on their defensive tactics and pick-up top quality defensive guest players. Defense will make-or-break them in the group stage.

As an example, when I watched the Tigres from Monterrey (pro academy) at the Bobby Rhine, the biggest differences I saw was their fitness, speed and footwork. They weren't messing around dribbling or booting the ball. They held the ball close to their feet, turned from pressure and kept the ball moving at a dizzying pace. I had never seen a team the same age as our boys move the ball so damn fast. I was mesmerized. Our boys could hardly catch a whiff of the ball, it was moving around the pitch so fast, player to player. The speed of play was 2x+ the speed of Classic. Our local boys can't be playing at normal Classic pace, they need to train at a faster pace. Much faster.

Will the FCD 01 PA play in the U13 bracket or will they play up in the U14 Bracket?

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/19/2014, 9:39 am

Futbol_Sala wrote:Way toooo much credit to FCD-PA.  Joking right!

They kicked the snot out of su 7-2 and su is supposed to be the cream of d-1...

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/19/2014, 9:42 am

With many significantly older PA players so cut the BS. Not a SU fan but get real. I was there and they can barley win vs CL D1 Teams if not carrying older PA players. That's a fact even if you don't like it.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/19/2014, 9:46 am

Futbol_Sala wrote:With many significantly older PA players so cut the BS.  Not a SU fan but get real.  I was there and they can barley win vs CL D1 Teams if not carrying older PA players.  That's a fact even if you don't like it.

Su was in 7 place last year fighting against relegation, now you think they can beat the ca teams...too funny

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 2/19/2014, 9:57 am

Take a look at last year's teams and results from the U13 division.

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=31224&GroupID=276551

In the semifinals it was three California teams and one team from Mexico.
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/19/2014, 10:03 am

PA will be playing one division up...Their proper division instead if sandbagging and calling them wins vs D1 U13 Teams.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/19/2014, 10:06 am

Futbol_Sala wrote:PA will be playing one division up...Their proper division instead if sandbagging and calling them wins vs D1 U13 Teams.  

They will be crushed too then...

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/19/2014, 10:10 am

I'll agree to that!
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 2/19/2014, 10:11 am

Futbol_Sala wrote:PA will be playing one division up...Their proper division instead if sandbagging and calling them wins vs D1 U13 Teams.  

The FCD PA team will be very competitive in the tournament. They will likely be the same boys that played SU in the recent 7-2 scrimmage. These are many of the boys that played last year in Classic '01 for Pino (2013 State Cup champs) and Gentile (2nd in Classic) with the addition of boys that switched over from Solar and other clubs. It's an excellent team. They came close to beating the Tigres from Monterrey in the Bobby Rhine. I would not be surprised if they are very competitive in their group at the Dallas Cup.
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/19/2014, 10:13 am

PG-Boy wrote:

The FCD PA team will be very competitive in the tournament. They will likely be the same boys that played SU in the recent 7-2 scrimmage. These are many of the boys that played last year in Classic '01 for Pino (2013 State Cup champs) and Gentile (2nd in Classic) with the addition of boys that switched over from Solar and other clubs. It's an excellent team. They came close to beating the Tigres from Monterrey in the Bobby Rhine. I would not be surprised if they are very competitive in their group at the Dallas Cup.

Well I don't. Good younger teams almost inevitably get beat by good older teams...

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 2/19/2014, 10:21 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:

Well I don't. Good younger teams almost inevitably get beat by good older teams...

They won't be younger, they'll be the same age. All of these boys are '01, i.e. they played Classic '01 age division until they were promoted to Pre-Academy. The same kids playing at Richland in recent years against other Classic '01 D1 teams.
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 on 2/19/2014, 10:48 am

Usually PA teams have players that in CL have played in two different age groups. In the case of '01 PA, the players who were born in the first half of '01 used to play for an '01 team, but the players born in the second half most probably played in a '02 team. Unless they did play up even in CL. A CL team will have players born in the second half of '01 AND players born in late '00. So a player born in early '01 could compete against a late '00, so the age difference could be of one and half year. And I can tell you, at this age it can mean a huge difference: my son of 1 and half year ago could not compete with himself now!

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/19/2014, 11:03 am

Laroja_2012 wrote:Usually PA teams have players that in CL have played in two different age groups. In the case of '01 PA, the players who were born in the first half of '01 used to play for an '01 team, but the players born in the second half most probably played in a '02 team. Unless they did play up even in CL. A CL team will have players born in the second half of '01 AND players born in late '00. So a player born in early '01 could compete against a late '00, so the age difference could be of one and half year. And I can tell you, at this age it can mean a huge difference: my son of 1 and half year ago could not compete with himself now!

In some ways the older kids get cheated because they are playing younger kids, when you have been stuck playing older kids your whole career you have an advantage IMO....

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 on 2/19/2014, 11:27 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Laroja_2012 wrote:Usually PA teams have players that in CL have played in two different age groups. In the case of '01 PA, the players who were born in the first half of '01 used to play for an '01 team, but the players born in the second half most probably played in a '02 team. Unless they did play up even in CL. A CL team will have players born in the second half of '01 AND players born in late '00. So a player born in early '01 could compete against a late '00, so the age difference could be of one and half year. And I can tell you, at this age it can mean a huge difference: my son of 1 and half year ago could not compete with himself now!

In some ways the older kids get cheated because they are playing younger kids, when you have been stuck playing older kids your whole career you have an advantage IMO....

you are right. that's why my early '00 is not playing in a '00 PA team. it is much more competitive for him to be in a U14 regular team where he gets to play against older players.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 on 2/19/2014, 11:52 am

sorry, double post

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/19/2014, 11:55 am

I'm sure the older players take it very hard playing the younger players. Some kids just have it hard.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by II_RoZZaY_II on 2/19/2014, 2:46 pm

Haha crushed , let's just see . FcD will be the 1st one out

II_RoZZaY_II
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down