Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top teams not the most $$$ expensive??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Top teams not the most $$$ expensive??

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/18/2014, 7:27 pm

1. Sporting
2. Wizards
3. Lightning
Is the Law of Diminishing Returns in effect here?

Lots if season left but it will firm up after this weekend!
What say you?
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Top teams not the most $$$ expensive??

Post by wembleys on 2/19/2014, 5:56 am

Interestig, what are their costs compared to other clubs, and what's included on their fact sheets?
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/19/2014, 6:28 am

Half price of the big three D-Texans, Solar & FC-Dallas for me.
I have other kids on two of these "Big-Three."
I've found FOR ME:
1.  Better coaching but this can easily be a generalization since I've experienced both ends.
2.  Lighted Fields & just better fields.
3.  Much less practice cancelations

I'm pretty sure that over the last 16 years I can form MY opinion that the big club coaches generally have proven not to be up to snuff as a whole.  Of corse this does not apply to all big club coaches. If that were not true the top clubs at least in this division would not all be independents.  

I've heard the players being taken to PA and that's the reason but as I said I predate most of these clubs as a youth myself and then my kids.  I'm aware of the game that exist behind the scenes...to the point of tiring of even making the comment. Fundamentally, it may just come down to the long known fact that if you can play does not mean you can teach. But some can and they are limited but most seem to simply benefit from trained up players either scholorshiped or attracted to the glitter of a big name that is dimming in recent years.

And to be fair...I've seen some of the worst in independents just as I've seen it at the big clubs.  So if I'm going to bet...I'd bet on David and not Goliath at least for several years now. Staying power is a whole other topic!
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys on 2/19/2014, 6:39 am

Good info, where does SU practice, and I would not count Tx Lightning as small club... they just never made it to d1 before ....
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/19/2014, 6:44 am

Good Point on Lightning.  Stating prices is not something I would volunteer as I would not like it done to me or to give up practice locations.  Forgive me but I believe details of the sort are a professional courtesy not to disclose.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

PA talent drain in D1

Post by Chappie81 on 3/2/2014, 3:04 pm

I think the evidence is pretty clear that the Pre-Academy talent drain had a significant impact on the big '01 clubs.
Chappie81
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 3/2/2014, 6:13 pm

I don't think PA players is going to save FCD-Che and FWFC is out regardless of their incredible Tie with Wizards. I was not there but maybe FWFC finally are fighting tooth and nail. I don't think it going to change and they are out anyways seeing as they are neither big but can tie as the last resort. All I can say is strange!!
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotgoalz on 3/2/2014, 6:29 pm

I dont think the ties or wins for FW is really that they are doing good but rather that the teams they've played are not doing good or had bad games

Gotgoalz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 3/2/2014, 6:33 pm

I would like to think that to but the results of bottom teams getting these results say FWFC in a 2-2 tie with Wizards...Come on!

SU 1-0 with Solar! No freaking way!!
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chappie81 on 3/2/2014, 8:49 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:I would like to think that to but the results of bottom teams getting these results say FWFC in a 2-2 tie with Wizards...Come on!

SU 1-0 with Solar!  No freaking way!!

Who would FWFC be getting PA players from?

These kids are still 12-13 yr olds and on any given Sunday, you might not know what to expect especially wrt mindset as in we're a top team playing a bottom team and all we have to do is show up.
Chappie81
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 3/2/2014, 8:56 pm

I can't say. Though my kids friend said FWFC got an early Penalty on a very questionable call and that WIZ only had 10 players. Can't confirm but that's the point. And, you may be right. So confused on what is going on is what I'm saying. I don't believe in "On Any Given Anythings". If they were playing 10 vs 11 then I see how FWFC had a chance but I was not there just hearsay.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cccaptain on 3/3/2014, 2:02 am

You again Sala?? Why don't you tell us why Wiz played with 10, and for how long? Questionable PK? Were you there? Who is questioning it, Wiz? And because of that early PK they tied? WOW, if this was "only" little FWFC, I can imagine how's going to be in the DC...... You are a JOKE!!.... but not surprisingly. I can see now, why you don't understand my posts....
cccaptain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 3/3/2014, 5:19 am

cccaptain wrote:You again Sala??  Why don't you tell us why Wiz played with 10, and for how long?  Questionable PK?  Were you there?  Who is questioning it, Wiz?  And because of that early PK they tied?  WOW, if this was "only" little FWFC, I can imagine how's going to be in the DC......  You are a JOKE!!.... but not surprisingly.  I can see now, why you don't understand my posts....

If you would have taken the time to read above you would have known these facts.
1. I said I was not there and it was hearsay at best.
2. I said I did not know but the results were peculiar as a person of statistics I tend to notice patterns or differences from the norms.
3. I stated I another thread "They better watch Out or their going to 4th. place.

But you come across as
1 absolutely sure
2. Upset

So with what you now can read in one compact posting then how is that a joke? Moreover, please use your keen insight to let us all know what changed.

I understand your postings fine. They are neither complex or open for differences of opinion. They are without merit or thought. Like a child throwing a tantrum. But you won't get it from an adult.
So please....save it. If you have input that is meaningful then by all means otherwise it's just your opinion and sometimes that's all we have. But that can be stated so one does not look like an idiot in the belief their rants will not be challenged.

Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cccaptain on 3/3/2014, 7:54 am

Nah! No need to opine further, I just like to call you out for when you throw a rock and hide your hand.
cccaptain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys on 3/3/2014, 9:28 am

Futbol_Sala wrote:
cccaptain wrote:You again Sala??  Why don't you tell us why Wiz played with 10, and for how long?  Questionable PK?  Were you there?  Who is questioning it, Wiz?  And because of that early PK they tied?  WOW, if this was "only" little FWFC, I can imagine how's going to be in the DC......  You are a JOKE!!.... but not surprisingly.  I can see now, why you don't understand my posts....

If you would have taken the time to read above you would have known these facts.
1.  I said I was not there and it was hearsay at best.
2.  I said I did not know but the results were peculiar as a person of statistics I tend to notice patterns or differences from the norms.
3.  I stated I another thread "They better watch Out or their going to 4th. place.

But you come across as
1 absolutely sure
2.  Upset

So with what you now can read in one compact posting then how is that a joke?  Moreover, please use your keen insight to let us all know what changed.

I understand your postings fine.  They are neither complex or open for differences of opinion.  They are without merit or thought.  Like a child throwing a tantrum.  But you won't get it from an adult.  
So please....save it.  If you have input that is meaningful then by all means otherwise it's just your opinion and sometimes that's all we have.  But that can be stated so one does not look like an idiot in the belief their rants will not be challenged.  

Well, I was there and I saw pretty much all this game (and Pedroso's too)  affraid 

The PK was not an intentional hand (ref gave an unnecessary yellow card) but it was a clear hand inside the box, this was the result of a bouncing ball. The PK was perfectly executed by FWFC, ball on the ground, down to the left corner; nothing could be done by the Wiz’s Keeper (on mho the best keeper on CL’01). Wizards came back and scored two nice goals that gave them the advantage until the second time. On a FWCF corner kick  another bouncing ball until the sideline ref decided to call it a goal, and the game was tied. If I recall correctly, the second yellow card (resulting on a red) came after the game was tied.

No need to sugar coat the reality, Wizards had clear opportunities to win, they controlled the game, but the games are won with goals and the Wiz boys did not put it in the net.

Now instead of looking for excuses or justifications, it’s time to learn from this game’s goods and bads, first as a player, than as a team, and get ready you only have 5 days until the next one, how are you going to correct your errors?
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbulls01 on 3/3/2014, 9:45 am

I saw somebody up top mention the affect Pre-Academy has had on the big clubs. Specifically Texans, FC Dallas and Solar in D1. I posted this last March and had a ton of people post that there would be no difference in this age group. Seems silly now looking at the standings as all three top clubs are fighting like crazy to avoid relegation......

March 17th 2013.....As we wind down the Classic League season I wanted to start a discussion on the addition of the U 13/14 academy teams next contract. Just some questions to see what others think....

How will it impact the 01 group next year? This academy team will consist mainly of 99/00 boys? I belive many of the top D1(01) teams are loaded with 00 boys. Will many of the boys from Texans, Solar and FC Dallas leave their classic league teams? This is not a dual roster situation is it? (Did not mention Andromeda as they don't have a D1 team. I assume they will field a collection of independent boys and those not already in the Texasn, Solar or FC Dallas pool but want the academy experience)

Redbulls01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 on 3/3/2014, 11:16 am

Good prediction RB. Seems you were spot on. I posted elsewhere that there is a clear difference between then and now. PA has made an undeniable impact on CL.
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum