Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Input on Saturdays 01 games??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Input on Saturdays 01 games??

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/22/2014, 7:51 pm

Caught the Solar vs Wizards game.
0-0. Again the Wizards have another team on the ropes but let them escape. Solar with what appears to be lesser gifted players defended and passed to earn a draw vs a much better team. Credit to Solar staff for putting and executing a good scheme to neutralize a much more dominant Wizards.

Did notice a top Wizards player is not starting..,wish I could catch all the games but fell upon this one. What say you on this or other games??
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Input on Saturdays 01 games??

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/22/2014, 7:57 pm

Sporting United is now separating themselves from the pack!  Duhh!
Tomorrow we will see SU vs Wizards in a big clash.  It will be about who wants it most and as Solar proved today...who can put in a scheme for better formation and execute it.  SU is defensively weak but can you get past the midfield....that's the tough part.  If Wizards can break the midfield it will be all wizards.  Wizards have the best defense but SU has the best offense.  Broncos vs Seahawks repeat?  No...it's execution in my belief.  It will be the battle of the minds on the sidelines IMHO!
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by murito on 2/22/2014, 8:39 pm

Tomorrow wizards could loose the second place held for a long time; for how long? It will depend on them... surprised to see tx lighting beat craft and tomorrow they have a much easier game, by the end of the week second place should be for them.... unless the characteristic inconsistencies return to the lightnings...pedroso is loosing air...solar may be waking up....adame  Sleep ....

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/22/2014, 9:23 pm

Definitely not missing this clash tomorrow. I think this will define the season and pretty much call it from these results.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hzawall on 2/22/2014, 9:38 pm

Just like last Sunday the wind created bounces and chances that would not normally be there. There were 4 draws at D2, 3 or 4 draws at D1 and at least 3 draws at D3. Is that soccer or kickball in the wind?

hzawall
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 2/22/2014, 9:40 pm

Well, during FWFC game it was a huge difference as FWFC could not hit from long range. Your right because it played a critical role in the games. FWFC resurgence got slowed down a tad.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by murito on 2/23/2014, 6:40 am

Coaches have to adjust for conditions of the weather and fields... vs wind play short and keep ball on the ground.

Wind was there for both teams.

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 2/24/2014, 7:58 am

After this weekend;

There's no catching Sporting United. They have an insurmountable 13 point lead over the second place team, Wizards. At this age group, there's never been this level of domination by any team. Looking back to the '01s in their younger years, either before reaching Classic age and since, no team has dominated the '01 age category the way Sporting United has been doing this past year. They've simply astonished all observers.

Pre-Academy was expected to create a power vacuum, but no one expected Sporting United to have such a meteoric rise. They had a mediocre season the year prior. After losing the opening game of this soccer year to DT Craft, they've continued with 13 straight victories with a massive +32 goal differential.

On the other end of the spectrum, Solar Red and DT Craft have been sucked into the relegation race much sooner than I anticipated. Craft is tied with FWFC and FCD Premier at 13 points. Solar is less than one game's worth of points from these three. It's a dead heat.

Che's boys had a huge upset over Tx Lightning that prevented them from taking sole ownership of second place. This was a big win for Che because it was giant gulp of air for the squad. The 3 points earned over a powerful team will give them an emotional boost as they continue to fight out of the tenth spot. At 9 points, they are within contention of reaching the three teams ahead of them.

It would be a shocker if both FCD teams and FWFC all overcome DT Craft and Solar before the end of the season.
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 2/24/2014, 8:12 am

PG, great that SU has done so well this year at U13. I wouldn't start chest thumping until you string 3 or 4 more years of success together sweeping CL, State Cup, then Regionals and head into Nationals.

The fact that indies have risen is more of a testament to your point about the power vacuum of PA. Remember U13 is the year the top performers mass exit CL. Some will start to leave at U12 and, as the Academy system takes a stronger foothold, some of the best kids at U11 will go straight into U12 PA.

If you get onto an indie team early on and qualify D3 or D2 at U11, there is a potential to win CL by U13 as the big clubs transition into PA.

It's a great strategy for the lower cost Indie clubs.

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 2/24/2014, 9:05 am

PG-Boy wrote:After this weekend;

There's no catching Sporting United. They have an insurmountable 13 point lead over the second place team, Wizards. At this age group, there's never been this level of domination by any team. Looking back to the '01s in their younger years, either before reaching Classic age and since, no team has dominated the '01 age category the way Sporting United has been doing this past year. They've simply astonished all observers.

Pre-Academy was expected to create a power vacuum, but no one expected Sporting United to have such a meteoric rise. They had a mediocre season the year prior. After losing the opening game of this soccer year to DT Craft, they've continued with 13 straight victories with a massive +32 goal differential.

On the other end of the spectrum, Solar Red and DT Craft have been sucked into the relegation race much sooner than I anticipated. Craft is tied with FWFC and FCD Premier at 13 points. Solar is less than one game's worth of points from these three. It's a dead heat.

Che's boys had a huge upset over Tx Lightning that prevented them from taking sole ownership of second place. This was a big win for Che because it was giant gulp of air for the squad. The 3 points earned over a powerful team will give them an emotional boost as they continue to fight out of the tenth spot. At 9 points, they are within contention of reaching the three teams ahead of them.

It would be a shocker if both FCD teams and FWFC all overcome DT Craft and Solar before the end of the season.

Sporting United kids play well together and communicate.
They run their sets and drills well.   I was impressed.

Only  FC Dallas Academy team that played in the U13 bracket ( NORTH TEXAS TEAM PLEASE) at Bobby Rhine invitational is better than Sporting United.

Videla just has his kids one level ahead in soccer knowledge,  overlaps, attacking from the back,  finding gaps,   lay the ball to a striker to score
Attacking  on the wings , or play is wide and cross the ball in.

Sporting United's midfield and attack is exceptional.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by murito on 2/24/2014, 9:28 am

PG-Boy wrote:After this weekend;

I agree! some of the SU boys play like if they were 18 years man vs. 13 year boys!!!

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 2/24/2014, 12:37 pm

finish1 wrote:PG, great that SU has done so well this year at U13. I wouldn't start chest thumping until you string 3 or 4 more years of success together sweeping CL, State Cup, then Regionals and head into Nationals.

The fact that indies have risen is more of a testament to your point about the power vacuum of PA. Remember U13 is the year the top performers mass exit CL. Some will start to leave at U12 and, as the Academy system takes a stronger foothold, some of the best kids at U11 will go straight into U12 PA.

If you get onto an indie team early on and qualify D3 or D2 at U11, there is a potential to win CL by U13 as the big clubs transition into PA.

...or you could wait and jump onto the winning bandwagon once indie (i.e. SU) qualifies for Dallas Cup... cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/24/2014, 12:48 pm

Maradona wrote:
finish1 wrote:PG, great that SU has done so well this year at U13. I wouldn't start chest thumping until you string 3 or 4 more years of success together sweeping CL, State Cup, then Regionals and head into Nationals.

...or you could wait and jump onto the winning bandwagon once indie (i.e. SU) qualifies for Dallas Cup... cheers

true, i think it is more an exodus of the top kids that lets a SU that was fighting relegation, rise to the top...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum