Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password


Copa ESPN 2014, U13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by PG-Boy on 4/21/2014, 5:41 pm

April 25th - 27th

U13 Team List

WIZARDS FC WIZARDS 01 (TXN)
FC DALLAS 01 PREMIER (TXN)
FC DALLAS 01 (TXN)
ANORANZAS 01 (TXN)
MIDLAND COBRAS 01 (TXN)
ESTUDIANTES FC 01 (TXN)
SAMBA FUTBOL CLUB 01 GOLD (TXN)
ANGELES SOCCER ELITE 01 (MEX)
NTX STRIKERS 01 BLUE (TXN)
NORTH TEXAS WOLVES 01 (TXN)
FC BACHMAN LAKE 01 (TXN)
avatar
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 955
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Pleasant Grove - Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by wembleys on 4/22/2014, 8:52 am

Bracket A
ESTUDIANTES FC 01 (TXN)                  
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 01 BOYS KEEGAN (TXN)                  
SAMBA FUTBOL CLUB 01 GOLD (TXN)                  
WIZARDS FC WIZARDS 01 (TXN)

Bracket B    
ANGELES SOCCER ELITE 01 (MEX)                  
FC BACHMAN LAKE 01 (TXN)                  
FC DALLAS 01 PREMIER (TXN)                  
MIDLAND COBRAS 01 (TXN)                  

Bracket C    
ANORANZAS 01 (TXN)                  
FC DALLAS 01 (TXN)                  
NORTH TEXAS WOLVES 01 (TXN)                  
NTX STRIKERS 01 BLUE (TXN)                  

Semi-Finals A
WIZARDS FC WIZARDS 01 (TXN)
FC DALLAS 01 PREMIER (TXN)        

Semi-Finals B
ANGELES SOCCER ELITE 01 (MEX)      
ANORANZAS 01 (TXN)                

Final
WIZARDS FC may be able to take advantage of the long Dallas Cup Trips for Angeles...
ANGELES already know WIZARDS FC pain points....

GOOD LUCK !!!
avatar
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by PG-Boy on 4/22/2014, 9:15 am

Angeles Soccer Elite beat both Wizards and the FCD Academy U13 team in the Dallas Cup. Before losing to the eventual champion, Chivas USA Academy U13. They'll be very tough.

Their right winger is dangerous. But their tall center forward is the playmaker. They hold the ball very well.

They scored on FC Dallas in the first minute of the match in their 1-0 win. They scored on Chivas USA in the first 6 seconds. They come out of the gates hyperactive. If teams can deal with them for the first 10 minutes, they'll have a chance. Focus on defense the first 10-15 minutes. Let them go nuts running until they exhaust their adrenalin. Once they calm down, then start trying to break them down like Chivas USA did.

Chivas chipped away at them in small steps. They didn't use a hammer, they used a crowbar for leverage.

Since they just departed Dallas, I wonder if they'll return with a different mix of players.
avatar
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 955
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Pleasant Grove - Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 4/22/2014, 9:29 am

The 3 - 1 score when Angeles played Wizards.....

Well in my opinion it did not merit what actually happened in the game.

I think this time around it will be tougher for Angeles , if Wizards take care of business and meet Angeles in the final.

Wizards have to stop long ball and utilize their midfielders.  As in patience and play the game so the shots on goal come (in bunches of course).

This is a nice Copa tournament. I am pleasantly surprised and pleased.

I do think Wizards will have a problem with Bachman lake (voodoo team)

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by wembleys on 4/22/2014, 11:10 am

NotADRAMAfan wrote:The 3 - 1 score when Angeles played Wizards.....

Well in my opinion it did not merit what actually happened in the game.

I think this time around it will be tougher for Angeles , if Wizards take care of business and meet Angeles in the final.

Wizards have to stop long ball and utilize their midfielders.  As in patience and play the game so the shots on goal come (in bunches of course).

This is a nice Copa tournament. I am pleasantly surprised and pleased.

I do think Wizards will have a problem with Bachman lake (voodoo team)  

That’s funny! They even adopted the old Wizards' Blue Uniform !!!  lol!
avatar
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by PG-Boy on 4/22/2014, 3:19 pm

The Copa ESPN is important because a good result can carry over into the State Cup the following week.

Last year FCD Premier upset several team on the way to the championship. They had finished fourth in Classic League, but earning the Copa ESPN trophy propelled them through the State Cup where they again upset the FCD Gentile (2nd in Classic) team and the powerful Dallas Texans (3rd in Classic) squad.

The Wizards, by having a good result in the Copa ESPN, would be a highly motivated team the next week in the State Cup.

Raising the big 'ol cup on the elevated ESPN stage is a fun event for the boys. The Spanish language TV, radio, web, and print media will all be in attendance.
avatar
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 955
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Pleasant Grove - Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by PG-Boy on 4/26/2014, 4:36 pm

Wizards lead Bracket A with a match remaining tonight against Estudiantes.

FCD Premier and Bachman Lake are tied. The bracket winner will be determined on a tie-breaker after both teams play separately tonight.

Angeles Soccer Elite is the same "club" that played in the Dallas Cup, but it's a different squad. FCD picked them apart.

Bachman Lake is a feisty team with a very determined left wing.

In bracket C, the winner will be determined this afternoon when FCD Youth plays Anoranzas.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=36872&GroupID=335744&Gender=Boys&Age=13
avatar
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 955
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Pleasant Grove - Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa on 4/26/2014, 8:10 pm

Xxx-- sorry


Last edited by 004tulsadad on 4/26/2014, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted in wrong age group...sorry)

05GKdad_Tulsa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 76
Join date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by PG-Boy on 4/28/2014, 2:21 pm

Wizards seemed to be a little flat and their scoring output was negligent. They ambled quietly through group play and didn't show a lot of flair in the semifinal loss to FCD Premier. A team they had defeated 3-2 on the last week of Classic. It's not a good omen for the upcoming State Cup.

Bachman Lake had good showing the weekend prior at the Texas Lightning Showcase and Youth Cup 2014. They had defeated Tx Lightning 1-0 in group play, then lost to the same team, 0-1 in the Final. They continued playing well in this Copa ESPN. Earning a trip to the semifinals.

Then, Bachman Lake encountered a very hot Anoranza squad. Were they were thoroughly squashed like a bug on a windshield.

In the final, Anoranza came out like a juiced-up boxer on Red Bull and Monster. They slugged FCD Premier with a right hook, left hook, and an upper-cut in the first 10 minutes. FCD was reeling. They didn't know what hit them. The Anoranza crowd was going crazy with joy. It was an amazing start. It seemed the beginning of a rout.

Anoranza used an over-the-top long-ball, hyperactive pressure style of play. It was not pretty, but it was impressively effective. Their height and speed caused FCD trouble in the opening minutes. No D1 team plays this type of style. FCD couldn't get into a rhythm because the Anoranza boys were in their faces, forcing turnovers. I've not seen an '01 team move this fast before. Their pace was frenetic.

After about 15 minutes, their juiced-up fizz, started to dissipate.

FCD made their first substitutions and the fresh legs immediately paid dividends. The fresh kids scored within a minute. A few minutes later, they scored again. Suddenly, it was 3-2 and the tables had turned on Anoranza.

Anoranza adjusted their defense and dropped their sweeper to stand 20-25 yards BEHIND the rest of the defenders. He was so far back, that initially, the FCD forwards didn't seem to know he was there. By the end of the first half, Anoranza resorted to 50-60 yard kickballs out of the back. They couldn't hold the ball and FCD was now in their rhythm.

The second half was a stalemate on the scoreboard. FCD dominated possession and had multiple opportunities but couldn't cash-in. Anoranza rarely threatened in the second half and held on for the big win.

Congratulations to Anoranza on winning the big 'ol Copa ESPN. They'll be a real threat next week at the State Cup.
avatar
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 955
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : Pleasant Grove - Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by wembleys on 4/28/2014, 3:57 pm

Congratulations to Anoranzas for a well-deserved COPA ESPN Championship!  cheers  cheers  cheers 

I was able to watch their final vs. FC Dallas Premier. Premier had a couple of great guest players, but Anoranzas played like they were fighting for their life the first part of the final, the high spirits were stronger then the FC's technical advantage, and it paid-off at the end. Second part was worrisome for Anoranzas, their long ball tactics were diminished by the wind and by the lack of legs on the red boys, but it was too late for Premier. It was funny to see one FC Dallas Premier dad running to retrieve all the balls that were kicked away by Anoranzas squad.  tongue 
IF Anoranzas stays intact, not losing good elements and not bringing in good elements that could potentially bring bad chemistry to the team during tryouts, they will be a good team to follow next season in D1. I would also predict that they will be a good challenge for all teams next week in State Cup and will not miss their match vs. SU.

The Wizards boys had their most disappointing outcome since D1 ended; their strong defense continues, but their inability to score is concerning. The blue boys’ bracket was not as strong as Anoranzas’ and their score comparisons should be worrying to the team. Anoranzas was able to Score 11 times compared to only 3 goals from the Oak Leaf boys, maybe the long balls tactic needs to be revised and maybe the motivation of the team needs to be re-fuelled. The Wizards were lucky not to go against Anoranzas  affraid   the speed and motivation would have killed the blue boys… wakeup call  Rolling Eyes 

Bachman Lake sometime is ugly but effective and sometimes they are just ugly… Sleep
avatar
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 4/29/2014, 7:12 am

wembleys wrote:Congratulations to Anoranzas for a well-deserved COPA ESPN Championship!  cheers  cheers  cheers 

I was able to watch their final vs. FC Dallas Premier. Premier had a couple of great guest players, but Anoranzas played like they were fighting for their life the first part of the final, the high spirits were stronger then the FC's technical advantage, and it paid-off at the end. Second part was worrisome for Anoranzas, their long ball tactics were diminished by the wind and by the lack of legs on the red boys, but it was too late for Premier. It was funny to see one FC Dallas Premier dad running to retrieve all the balls that were kicked away by Anoranzas squad.  tongue 
IF Anoranzas stays intact, not losing good elements and not bringing in good elements that could potentially bring bad chemistry to the team during tryouts, they will be a good team to follow next season in D1. I would also predict that they will be a good challenge for all teams next week in State Cup and will not miss their match vs. SU.

The Wizards boys had their most disappointing outcome since D1 ended; their strong defense continues, but their inability to score is concerning. The blue boys’ bracket was not as strong as Anoranzas’ and their score comparisons should be worrying to the team. Anoranzas was able to Score 11 times compared to only 3 goals from the Oak Leaf boys, maybe the long balls tactic needs to be revised and maybe the motivation of the team needs to be re-fuelled. The Wizards were lucky not to go against Anoranzas  affraid   the speed and motivation would have killed the blue boys… wakeup call  Rolling Eyes 

Bachman Lake sometime is ugly but effective and sometimes they are just ugly… Sleep

Disagree,  the game between Wizards and Anoranzas would have been highly competitive.  

State cup will give more data points on both Anoranzas and Wizards.

FCD Premier did not dominate the Wizards in the semi finals.

Wizards had more possesion and the ball but could not find the goal.
The rain did not help, neither did the refs , who were just interested in running down the clock.

However the Wizards need to find hunger and passion.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by Guardiola10 on 4/29/2014, 10:19 am

Gentlemen you have to be kidding me about some of these comments Evil or Very Mad First thing is first congratulations to Anoranzas though for their effort and heart in the Copa ESPN. They certainly played very good and will be tough competition in the first division. Elite was great in the Dallas Cup, but seemed to not come ready for the Copa ESPN. I feel that FC Dallas needs more players in order to compete a bit more effective. I was analyzing the ranks and Wizards is ranked among one of the best teams yet only managed to score so little goals and barely beat these teams. I just do not seem to understand why a team ranked so high is not as competitive as it use to be. Twisted Evil Overall the tournament was ok, but not very competitive and surprisingly and underdog winning it like Anoranzas! great job and once again congratulations Very Happy 

Guardiola10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by Guardiola10 on 4/29/2014, 10:31 am

NotADRAMAfan wrote:
wembleys wrote:Congratulations to Anoranzas for a well-deserved COPA ESPN Championship!  cheers  cheers  cheers 

I was able to watch their final vs. FC Dallas Premier. Premier had a couple of great guest players, but Anoranzas played like they were fighting for their life the first part of the final, the high spirits were stronger then the FC's technical advantage, and it paid-off at the end. Second part was worrisome for Anoranzas, their long ball tactics were diminished by the wind and by the lack of legs on the red boys, but it was too late for Premier. It was funny to see one FC Dallas Premier dad running to retrieve all the balls that were kicked away by Anoranzas squad.  tongue 
IF Anoranzas stays intact, not losing good elements and not bringing in good elements that could potentially bring bad chemistry to the team during tryouts, they will be a good team to follow next season in D1. I would also predict that they will be a good challenge for all teams next week in State Cup and will not miss their match vs. SU.

The Wizards boys had their most disappointing outcome since D1 ended; their strong defense continues, but their inability to score is concerning. The blue boys’ bracket was not as strong as Anoranzas’ and their score comparisons should be worrying to the team. Anoranzas was able to Score 11 times compared to only 3 goals from the Oak Leaf boys, maybe the long balls tactic needs to be revised and maybe the motivation of the team needs to be re-fuelled. The Wizards were lucky not to go against Anoranzas  affraid   the speed and motivation would have killed the blue boys… wakeup call  Rolling Eyes 

Bachman Lake sometime is ugly but effective and sometimes they are just ugly… Sleep

Disagree,  the game between Wizards and Anoranzas would have been highly competitive.  

State cup will give more data points on both Anoranzas and Wizards.

FCD Premier did not dominate the Wizards in the semi finals.

Wizards had more possesion and the ball but could not find the goal.
The rain did not help, neither did the refs , who were just interested in running down the clock.

However the Wizards need to find hunger and passion.

@NotADRAMAfan

Are you kidding me my friend, Wizards and Anoranzas would have been an easy final for Anoranzas. Wizards was not going to be anywhere near competitive towards Anoranzas for many reasons. Wizards was in one of the least competitive groups and managed to make so little goals with no style of play lol! With all due respect Wizards has no style of playing and yet manages to be ranked among the best which I have to respect. The rain and refs excuse is not acceptable and they certainly need to find hunger, passion, and new players bounce Though I wish them luck because they are ranked among the best representing Classic League.

Guardiola10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 4/29/2014, 1:04 pm

Guardiola10 wrote:
NotADRAMAfan wrote:
wembleys wrote:Congratulations to Anoranzas for a well-deserved COPA ESPN Championship!  cheers  cheers  cheers 

I was able to watch their final vs. FC Dallas Premier. Premier had a couple of great guest players, but Anoranzas played like they were fighting for their life the first part of the final, the high spirits were stronger then the FC's technical advantage, and it paid-off at the end. Second part was worrisome for Anoranzas, their long ball tactics were diminished by the wind and by the lack of legs on the red boys, but it was too late for Premier. It was funny to see one FC Dallas Premier dad running to retrieve all the balls that were kicked away by Anoranzas squad.  tongue 
IF Anoranzas stays intact, not losing good elements and not bringing in good elements that could potentially bring bad chemistry to the team during tryouts, they will be a good team to follow next season in D1. I would also predict that they will be a good challenge for all teams next week in State Cup and will not miss their match vs. SU.

The Wizards boys had their most disappointing outcome since D1 ended; their strong defense continues, but their inability to score is concerning. The blue boys’ bracket was not as strong as Anoranzas’ and their score comparisons should be worrying to the team. Anoranzas was able to Score 11 times compared to only 3 goals from the Oak Leaf boys, maybe the long balls tactic needs to be revised and maybe the motivation of the team needs to be re-fuelled. The Wizards were lucky not to go against Anoranzas  affraid   the speed and motivation would have killed the blue boys… wakeup call  Rolling Eyes 

Bachman Lake sometime is ugly but effective and sometimes they are just ugly… Sleep

Disagree,  the game between Wizards and Anoranzas would have been highly competitive.  

State cup will give more data points on both Anoranzas and Wizards.

FCD Premier did not dominate the Wizards in the semi finals.

Wizards had more possesion and the ball but could not find the goal.
The rain did not help, neither did the refs , who were just interested in running down the clock.

However the Wizards need to find hunger and passion.

@NotADRAMAfan

Are you kidding me my friend, Wizards and Anoranzas would have been an easy final for Anoranzas. Wizards was not going to be anywhere near competitive towards Anoranzas for many reasons. Wizards was in one of the least competitive groups and managed to make so little goals with no style of play lol! With all due respect Wizards has no style of playing and yet manages to be ranked among the best which I have to respect. The rain and refs excuse is not acceptable and they certainly need to find hunger, passion, and new players bounce Though I wish them luck because they are ranked among the best representing Classic League.

Play the game ...the Wizards did not hold their end of the deal and deserve criticism.

Two hispanic teams playing each other,  the passion comes out.
Does not come out playing FCD teams.  Why ?  I do not know.

The rain was a big distraction.   I watched Anoranzas  beat Bachman lake.  I watched the style.  Wizards can play against that style, well suited for it.

The REF sucked,  the blonde lines woman ineffective did not give a s*.
No bearing on the game, but like I said , just run down the time, no additional time , nothing.  Tough to play 25 min halfs for group play
and 30 min half affected by rain.  

FCD never really threatened Wizards other than the scrappy goal they got.
Mansfield Samba never threatened the wizards, blame that goal on ...aii caramba.
LP keegan with their guest players never really threatened the Wizards

Wizards have no style of playing ---Correct

Wizards have the players,  starting 11 on the Wizards is second only to Sporting UTd (however sporting has the weaker defense but the better attacking midfield) in all of D1 (including Anoranzas)

Wiz have the players to compete and win.  

I am not a rah rah guy, very pragmatic.

Wizards issues are internal , not external,  there is no team that can compete with them if  they get their chemistry going.

This is not team deficient.  They have a goal keeper, defense , midfield and strikers.  Depth maybe an issue  not the starting 11.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN 2014, U13

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum