Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State Cup 2014, U13

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

State Cup 2014, U13

Post by PG-Boy on 4/21/2014, 5:44 pm

Bracket A:

ANORANZAS (TXN)  
FORT WORTH FC 01B WHITE (TXN)  
SOLAR CHELSEA '01 RED (TXN)  
SPORTING UNITED 01B (TXN)  

Bracket B:

DALLAS TEXANS 01B SOUTH (TXN)  
FC DALLAS 01B PREMIER (TXN)  
FC DALLAS YOUTH 01 BOYS (TXN)  
WIZARDS FC WIZARDS 01 (TXN)  

Top 2 in each bracket advance to semifinals.

Schedules:

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=37932&GroupID=348097&Gender=Boys&Age=13
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Re: State Cup 2014, U13

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 4/22/2014, 9:46 am

PG-Boy wrote:Bracket A:

ANORANZAS (TXN)  

Bracket B:

Top 2 in each bracket advance to semifinals.

Schedules:

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=37932&GroupID=348097&Gender=Boys&Age=13

No disrespect to anyone but they are pretty much giving this Trophy to Sporting UTD....where is the competition?

Let me elaborate, based on classic league results this is a no brainer.
Guest players thrown in , maybe tougher but for me , until someone steps up, this is Sportings State Cup to lose.

I look at Sporting's results against the top 4,  Wizards result against the top 4 , DT adames results against the top 4 ( all in classic league).

Alarming.

Last edited by NotADRAMAfan on 4/22/2014, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What on 4/22/2014, 10:15 am

Ooh
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 4/22/2014, 3:05 pm

Sporting United is the favorite in my book.  They played very well in the Dallas Cup.

The one open variable; they lost one of their top two players in the last Classic League game of the year. He didn't play in the Dallas Cup, will he play in the State Cup? TBD.

It didn't seem to impact them negatively during the Dallas Cup for several reasons; they had quality guest players, they successfully mirrored the possession-style of play of their DC opponents, their DC opponents had zero familiarity with SU, and they played with a lot of passion.

In the State Cup they will meet teams very familiar with them, so no surprises. DT South and Wizards will not approach SU tentatively. They'll take the game to SU. DT South, in particular, will have a big chip on their shoulders when they meet up with SU.  The two FCD squads, Solar Red, and FWFC can give SU a tough match, too. Every game, the teams will be playing SU with grit. These teams have nothing to lose, SU has everything to lose as the favorite. The underdogs will all put up a fight.

So again, the biggest variable; how will SU deal with missing one of their two playmakers?  The other teams will swarm the remaining playmaker.
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardiola10 on 4/29/2014, 10:46 am

This State Cup is not giving to anyone it is earned folks, lets step up the pace and bring competition to the table. Sporting United has been dominating the Classic League destroying almost every team and performing very well. I enjoy their style of soccer and will enjoy more the game between Anoranzas and Sporting United. They will go to war affraid Bracket B is certainly competitive with Adames Texans and FC Dallas, oh and not forget Wizards. I feel that Wizards is not competing and either is FC Dallas! Though if Adames team steps it up, then he might have a chance.

My Prediction:

Sporting VS Premier

Anoranzas VS Texans

Final= Sporting United VS Anoranazs

Champion= Sporting United bounce 

Guardiola10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 4/29/2014, 11:14 am

Sporting Utd
Anoranzas

DT adames
Wizards

DT Adames vs Anoranzas
Wizards vs SU

SU vs DT adames

SU

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 4/30/2014, 9:36 am

Bracket A:

ANORANZAS (TXN)  
  After a hot result in the Copa ESPN, this squad will come into the State Cup with swagger. They showed the reason their promotion to D1 was earned. They have serious speed on top and solid defenders. I didn't see much of their midfield because their long over-the-top passing was focused on quick precise passes to their forwards. The ball is played often in very high arcing passes. Defenders need to be prepared to deal with a lot of high headers.  They didn't have much build-up out of the back or middle. It was simply, get the ball to the speedy forwards as efficiently as possible. They pressure aggressively up-high, causing opponent defenders to panic and turn-over the ball in dangerous areas. Anoranzas was a huge surprise at the Cope ESPN. But they've used up their "surprise" cache, now they are a known quantity and opponents will take them very seriously. Their match with Sporting United will have a lot of fireworks. Two very physical teams.

Teams have culture and personality. Some more than others. This team doesn't swagger, but they execute the fundamentals well. They pass, tackle, and defend as needed. Teams have a tendency to overlook this team, their coach and players. They've proven themselves and in my opinion they are solid team and can defeat the top teams.

Key to success for this team with a very good defense is set piece plays on the offensive side. They simply haven't been able to score, but they can defend. Solar is one of the best technically proficient teams in the tournament and can hold the ball well. They should place their forwards in position to dribble through defenses. This often causes defenders to foul dribblers within scoring distance, i.e. earning free kicks. The Wizards employ this tactic very well and score on free kicks on a regular basis.

The wildcard; will they have the player they lost in the last game of Classic League? The kid that slapped at the referee's hand holding the yellow card. If he's missing, Sporting United will be vulnerable to the top 2-3 teams. Otherwise, with the kid, they will win the State Cup. For all the teams playing Sporting United, it will be like the Super Bowl. Every team will have a big target on the defending D1 champions. This Cup is theirs to lose. The other teams have nothing to lose, so they can throw caution at the wind and unleash all their passion in their matches against Sporting United.

Bracket B:

My pick to win the State Cup. They have so much firepower up front which they combine with grit and speed. Coach Adame really did well last summer picking up some exceptional players and then melding them into his existing roster. Even without pre-academy players, this team will be very tough to beat. The only way I see a team defeating this team is to hold the ball and play keep away. As long as they don't have the ball, they can't hurt you. Their forwards are so dang fast and shoot like demons, it blows the mind.

The team picked up a player from out of state after the season started which many teams misinterpret as a guest player. He's been a key contributor to the team. The coach has also toyed with the line-up until he's found a combination that's been showing results since November. Since the Bobby Rhine tournament when they lost to Tigres Academy from Monterrey, they seem to have their groove back. They lost almost their entire starting line-up (and all of their playmakers) to Pre-Academy last summer. It's taken the boys time to adjust and grow into their new roles and expectations. The coach has been a good sensei for them. This team uses their exceptional fundamental skills to hold the ball. It's not size, speed, or muscle. They win with their feet and heads.

Good technical skills and a good coach. This team can defeat any of the cup participants. I see them playing three passionate games but they just won't have enough playmakers to turn the corner.

This team uses size and precise long ball delivery, not speed, to defeat opponents. The players have excellent dribbling and passing skills. The big kids up front can jog 95% of the game and seem to not be contributing to close matches. Then, BOOM, they score in an eyeblink. The huge goalkeeper keeps the score close in the first half. In the second half, their little goalkeeper comes into the match and they move their man sized goalkeeper to forward. This is when they solicit fouls so they can execute on their specialty; Goal scoring on free kicks. Referees fall for this almost every game. Issuing them free kicks from an 18 to 30 yard distance. They are deadly on set-pieces.

'01 History;

The last two Classic League D1 Champions did not win the State Cup. At U11, Solar Red was D1 champ, but the Dallas Texans took the State Cup. At U12, Solar Red again won D1. They didn't even make the State Cup final as FC Dallas Premier defeated the Dallas Texans.

The team peaking at just the right point, will have a nice little advantage.

If history is an indication, Sporting United, the D1 champion will not win the U13 State Cup. It will be Wizards or Dallas Texans South or a cinderella team. Off to the national tournament the winner will go.
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 4/30/2014, 9:44 am

PG-Boy wrote:Bracket A:

If history is an indication, Sporting United, the D1 champion will not win the U13 State Cup. It will be Wizards or Dallas Texans South or a cinderella team. Off to the national tournament the winner will go.

going by your analysis  it will be DT Adames,  Wizards have an outside shot.

Not too fond of pulling a Goal Keeper to play midfield in the middle of a game.

Either play the kid in midfield the whole game or keep him at keeper.

It disrupts chemistry.

If the Wizards want to play the kid at midfield then field a GOOD DEFENSE.

The wizards keeper is the BEST KEEPER in Classic Division I  U 13.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 5/3/2014, 11:51 pm

Perusing the results...

BRACKET A

I see spunky Ft. Worth FC defeated Solar Red '01. The FWFC boys delivered again. Seems Solar Red is still struggling to score. They'll find it just as tough to score on Anoranza and Sporting United.

Anoranza encountered the top of the D1 hill, Sporting United. 2-0.  They'll find D1 a very challenging season next year. FWFC will be a good measuring stick. If they don't take Solar Red to the woodshed, I'll be surprised. Anoranza is hungry to prove their mettle.

Sporting United met their first challenge. Well done.

Anoranza and FWFC will decide the second group team for the semifinals.

BRACKET B

Wizards took care of business. They've been a little quiet recently. But they are still a very dangerous team.

Che's boys are feisty. They have a lot of grit and fight in them, but really, to move on, a team has to score. The Wizards are vulnerable.  I kept one eyeball on this game, yet still missed the game winner. I did notice their big goalkeeper remained in the box for the match. He's like the canary in the coal mine. Where he is on the field, tells us a lot of the Wizard real-time mentality.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 5/4/2014, 12:59 am

Deja Vu, all over again

DT South vs. FC Dallas Premier '01...

+ 8 minutes in the second half? Didn't the same thing occur with the Texans a year ago? I shake my head. I shake it again.

I scratch my head, close my eyes and look up and still see the ball in play. All the fields at Richland are empty on this beautiful Spring Evening. The entire complex is empty. Yet there is still a match being played at almost 8:30pm that kicked off at 6pm.

We all know DT Texans are a very talented team with so much skill. No doubt. Their coach is savvy and delivers. The other guy, boy, he's smart too. Heck, he had THREE teams in the Copa ESPN Finals the week before. The two don't seem to look each other in the eye. Their 01 and 02 teams go to war on a regular basis. So this was going to be a fun match no matter what.

DTS starts strong. They dominate possession from the kickoff. They push forward. FCD retracts. It's a chess match. FCD gives territory, but doesn't allow DTS to space or time to take shots. We get is a lot of balls out of bounds. It's sloppy, but not really. It's all by design.

I expected a very physical game. Yup, DTS is VERY physical. They shove, yank, choke, and stiff arm the little FCD kids all over the field. FCD red shirts are flying all over the place. They give up space, but not the shots.

BOOM, a DTS shot slams off the cross bar. They attack, shoot, and run & gun. No team can keep up this pace. Inevitably, they start to slow.

FCD gets into a passing rhythm.

All on this board chatter and debate all the time about technical skills. I read it all the time. Little guys get bullied. Big guys win.

DTS attacks with passion. But their frustration shows when one of their strikers kicks an FCD defender away from the play. Just simply sweeps him off his feet with a deliberate kick. Sending him flying. It was early in the match. Some referees would've issued a red card. This one issued a yellow.  

Today was a clinic between size/speed vs. passing/speed. Both have their pluses and minuses.

Just when DTS starts to slow, FCD picks up the pace. Now they are owning possession. No longer are they reacting. Now they are driving. Pass, pass, pass, pass and pass, they go. Little passes. Medium passes, and long passes. Doesn't matter, as long as they keep the ball.

Only 13 playing today, no PA dual roster kids. Just the base. Same FCD school of thought. Keep the ball. Play keep away.

FCD scores on a combination play that started with the goalkeeper and took over ten passes to complete. FCD, 1, DTS 0. The goal came on a LOW cross that was volleyed into the net.

A few minutes later, the kid that scores gets cold cocked. When he leaves the ground to head a long ball back in the direction that it came from, a DTS player comes in low and hard. The DTS kid didn't appear try to contact the ball. He catapults the FCD kid in the air. The FCD kid soars up, his back toward to the ground. He slams into the ground after dropping about four feet. A really tough kid is writhing on the ground.

Both coaches check on the boy. They both show honest concern.

A game delay of about an hour ensues.

No red card.

No yellow card.

The game stops for an ambulance to be called.

Almost the entire match could've been played during the game stoppage. It was a serious injury.

When the game restarts, FCD gets a free kick on their side of the pitch. The DTS kid gets off Scott Free. Not even a warning.

Second half; DTS again starts their attack but can't sustain it. FCD wrestles back the momentum. FCD loses another player to injury. The DTS boys are hyper physical. They come in hard on tackles. In the play or away from the play, DTS players are creating rugby scrums with the smaller FCD boys. I see a DTS player grab an FCD midfielder by the neck and slam him into the ground away from the play. It's crazy physical.

The little guys don't give an inch. They don't fight back. Instead, they hold their mental state steady.

FCD has most of the possession, but DTS has more dangerous shots.

FCD brings in their two remaining subs. One of the fresh legs takes the ball in the middle, fakes two DTS players and sends a precise ground pass to a streaking FCD forward. Boom, 2-0, FCD.

DTS doesn't miss a beat. They keep attacking with everything they have. But they can't get a clear shot.

30 minutes. The alarms on cell phones can be heard beeping as the 30 minute mark is reached. The referee ignores the crowd as they yell, "Time ref!" The game continues.

DTS is now attacking with everything, including the kitchen sink. Red FCD jerseys are flying all over the place as DTS boys run over and through the smaller FCD kids. But they are clean hits, mostly. The clock is ticking.

31, 32, 33, 34....

The AR signals to the referee that the game is over. The AR takes his hand and cuts it across his throat to signal, "It's over". The referee over-rules the AR.

"The referee tells the AR, 2 more minutes".

35, 36...

DTS scores! Golaso!!!!! The DTS boys run into the net to retrieve the ball and dash back to the center line.

The FCD coach is going crazy. The sidelines are going nuts.  The referee runs across the field to the sideline to glare at the FCD coach, daring him to complain.

37... DTS steal the ball on the left side, passes to the middle, passes to the right!  The DTS right wing overpowers the FCD left back and sends an imperfect cross. The loose ball bounces straight to a DTS players who slams home a goal!

The ball was in the net .5 seconds when the referee blows the whistle and sprints to the corner flag? Away from the game. 8 minutes past the 30 minute mark, the game ends. Deja Vu all over again.

There were no injury time outs in the second half. There is no reason to add time to the clock. Certainly not 8 minutes.

This referee should not be allowed to call a Texan of FCD game again this tournament. This is the State Cup. How is it possible for a game to continue up to 8 minutes past the end? Both DTS goals were scored in this "extra" time.

DTS played well enough to tie or win without the extra time. That's not debatable. Regardless, of the extra time added, it was a very exciting game.

The game kicked off at 6pm and ended after 8pm. Last year in the State Cup when the same FCD Premier team played another Texan team, the same thing happened. Up to 8 minutes was added to one of the halves. Deja Vu... all over again.

Last edited by PG-Boy on 5/4/2014, 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo;grammar)

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 5/4/2014, 9:40 pm

PG-Boy wrote:
8 minutes past the 30 minute mark, the game ends. Deja Vu all over again.

State Cup is playing full length games, 35-minute halves for U13's.

Per your report, the Center Ref announced 2 minutes of extra time.  A goal during stoppage time creates more stoppage and extends the extra time.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys on 5/10/2014, 4:48 pm

Congrats WizardsFc And Sporting United ! top D1 teams face each other again. Sporting struggled today vs Che and burned valuable fuel that will be needed tomorrow vs a team that knows them very well. The blue boys need to keep the ball,  play smart and avoid silly errors if they want to prevail.

Good luck to these two great independent teams !!

Añoranzas Welcome to D1 you are a good team!!

wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg on 5/11/2014, 1:38 pm

PG-Boy wrote:Deja Vu, all over again

DT South vs. FC Dallas Premier '01...

+ 8 minutes in the second half? Didn't the same thing occur with the Texans a year ago? I shake my head. I shake it again.

I scratch my head, close my eyes and look up and still see the ball in play. All the fields at Richland are empty on this beautiful Spring Evening. The entire complex is empty. Yet there is still a match being played at almost 8:30pm that kicked off at 6pm.

We all know DT Texans are a very talented team with so much skill. No doubt. Their coach is savvy and delivers. The other guy, boy, he's smart too. Heck, he had THREE teams in the Copa ESPN Finals the week before. The two don't seem to look each other in the eye. Their 01 and 02 teams go to war on a regular basis. So this was going to be a fun match no matter what.

DTS starts strong. They dominate possession from the kickoff. They push forward. FCD retracts. It's a chess match. FCD gives territory, but doesn't allow DTS to space or time to take shots. We get is a lot of balls out of bounds. It's sloppy, but not really. It's all by design.

I expected a very physical game. Yup, DTS is VERY physical. They shove, yank, choke, and stiff arm the little FCD kids all over the field. FCD red shirts are flying all over the place. They give up space, but not the shots.

BOOM, a DTS shot slams off the cross bar. They attack, shoot, and run & gun. No team can keep up this pace. Inevitably, they start to slow.

FCD gets into a passing rhythm.

All on this board chatter and debate all the time about technical skills. I read it all the time. Little guys get bullied. Big guys win.

DTS attacks with passion. But their frustration shows when one of their strikers kicks an FCD defender away from the play. Just simply sweeps him off his feet with a deliberate kick. Sending him flying. It was early in the match. Some referees would've issued a red card. This one issued a yellow.  

Today was a clinic between size/speed vs. passing/speed. Both have their pluses and minuses.

Just when DTS starts to slow, FCD picks up the pace. Now they are owning possession. No longer are they reacting. Now they are driving. Pass, pass, pass, pass and pass, they go. Little passes. Medium passes, and long passes. Doesn't matter, as long as they keep the ball.

Only 13 playing today, no PA dual roster kids. Just the base. Same FCD school of thought. Keep the ball. Play keep away.

FCD scores on a combination play that started with the goalkeeper and took over ten passes to complete. FCD, 1, DTS 0. The goal came on a LOW cross that was volleyed into the net.

A few minutes later, the kid that scores gets cold cocked. When he leaves the ground to head a long ball back in the direction that it came from, a DTS player comes in low and hard. The DTS kid didn't appear try to contact the ball. He catapults the FCD kid in the air. The FCD kid soars up, his back toward to the ground. He slams into the ground after dropping about four feet. A really tough kid is writhing on the ground.

Both coaches check on the boy. They both show honest concern.

A game delay of about an hour ensues.

No red card.

No yellow card.

The game stops for an ambulance to be called.

Almost the entire match could've been played during the game stoppage. It was a serious injury.

When the game restarts, FCD gets a free kick on their side of the pitch. The DTS kid gets off Scott Free. Not even a warning.

Second half; DTS again starts their attack but can't sustain it. FCD wrestles back the momentum. FCD loses another player to injury. The DTS boys are hyper physical. They come in hard on tackles. In the play or away from the play, DTS players are creating rugby scrums with the smaller FCD boys. I see a DTS player grab an FCD midfielder by the neck and slam him into the ground away from the play. It's crazy physical.

The little guys don't give an inch. They don't fight back. Instead, they hold their mental state steady.

FCD has most of the possession, but DTS has more dangerous shots.

FCD brings in their two remaining subs. One of the fresh legs takes the ball in the middle, fakes two DTS players and sends a precise ground pass to a streaking FCD forward. Boom, 2-0, FCD.

DTS doesn't miss a beat. They keep attacking with everything they have. But they can't get a clear shot.

30 minutes. The alarms on cell phones can be heard beeping as the 30 minute mark is reached. The referee ignores the crowd as they yell, "Time ref!" The game continues.

DTS is now attacking with everything, including the kitchen sink. Red FCD jerseys are flying all over the place as DTS boys run over and through the smaller FCD kids. But they are clean hits, mostly. The clock is ticking.

31, 32, 33, 34....

The AR signals to the referee that the game is over. The AR takes his hand and cuts it across his throat to signal, "It's over". The referee over-rules the AR.

"The referee tells the AR, 2 more minutes".

35, 36...

DTS scores! Golaso!!!!! The DTS boys run into the net to retrieve the ball and dash back to the center line.

The FCD coach is going crazy. The sidelines are going nuts.  The referee runs across the field to the sideline to glare at the FCD coach, daring him to complain.

37... DTS steal the ball on the left side, passes to the middle, passes to the right!  The DTS right wing overpowers the FCD left back and sends an imperfect cross. The loose ball bounces straight to a DTS players who slams home a goal!

The ball was in the net .5 seconds when the referee blows the whistle and sprints to the corner flag? Away from the game. 8 minutes past the 30 minute mark, the game ends. Deja Vu all over again.

There were no injury time outs in the second half. There is no reason to add time to the clock. Certainly not 8 minutes.

This referee should not be allowed to call a Texan of FCD game again this tournament. This is the State Cup. How is it possible for a game to continue up to 8 minutes past the end? Both DTS goals were scored in this "extra" time.

DTS played well enough to tie or win without the extra time. That's not debatable. Regardless, of the extra time added, it was a very exciting game.

The game kicked off at 6pm and ended after 8pm. Last year in the State Cup when the same FCD Premier team played another Texan team, the same thing happened. Up to 8 minutes was added to one of the halves. Deja Vu... all over again.

There was actually something very refreshing about this game regarding the "extra" time. Every minute that one team (you can guess) purposely attempted to run the clock by kicking the ball WAY out of bounds, walking after the ball on goal kicks, delaying every restart toward the end long enough to be warned by the ref, etc., was accounted for and added by the center ref thwarting the delay of game tactics by the striped jerseys. Game ends in a tie and should have never been that close with the ridiculous amount of missed opportunities and near misses uncharacteristic to the DT boys. At the end of the day though, valuable lessons learned on both sides I'd say. Hope the injured boy has a solid recovery.
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 5/11/2014, 2:11 pm

CONGRATS to the WIZARDS 01 for Winning STATE CUP.

Wizards dominated folks, hit the cross bar, had multiple chances.

However when you are playing the NUMBER 1 team in Classic League nothing comes easy.

Wizards scored on a beautiful cross and a powerful header into the net in the SECOND PERIOD OF OVERTIME.

No Videla sighting (if anyone knows why please state it in this forum)

Wizards now have to represent in Baton Rouge.

The winners of the US Youth Soccer North Texas Soccer State Cup U13-U19 age groups will represent North Texas Soccer in the 2014 US Youth Soccer Regional’s Championships to be played:

June 19 – 26, 2014 in Baton Rouge, LA

Congrats to the WIZARDS .

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace70 on 5/11/2014, 2:22 pm

Nothing will top Anoranzas attempt at wasting time during the FWFC game. Holding onto they lead they had boy after boy go down writhing in pain. As they were in such "pain" the coach had to come out and help them "limp" off the field. At one point two boys went down on opposite ends of the field at the same time. The ref responded by just shaking his head and telling them to get up and play ball. A fury of activity in the goal saw 3 of the boys fall to the ground for a couple more minutes. The Anoranzas coach was not happy with the 8 additional minutes of stoppage time.  Its a shame at what some of these coaches are teaching the boys. It is good to see the ref's are catching onto these tactics though.

Ace70
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie on 5/11/2014, 3:19 pm

Ace your one to come on here and talk about other teams wasting time.....your coach is known for doing the dumbest time wasting trick ever. He's the only coach who if he gets a lead, which is rare, will sub on EVERY throw in, goal kick, etc....whenever possible. When we were still playing in classic he tried that against us, never worked, but it was real stupid. So don't come on her and try to call another team out for something your coach is known by everyone for trying to do. Maybe they are just better at it then you. I'm sure you are use to everyone being better at things then you.  lol! 

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by trblmkr on 5/11/2014, 3:37 pm

The possession was 80%-20% in favor of SU during the whole game and even into the double OT. As soon as the Wiz changed sides and did not have the wind, they subbed on 7 seperate occassions in OT. The Wiz were wholeheartedly trying to get to PKs once they lost the wind in OT, Completely wasting time. SU hit the posts on two seperate occassions and the crossbar, and the Wiz keep had to make numerous decent saves throughout the game. Wiz keeper played very well. Not sure what dramafan saw, but other then the goal w less than 10 seconds left in OT. The ball never was close to SU net for 89 min and 50 sconds. But they did put one in and it counted. If someone saw it different please come forth...
Videla is not coaching this team anymore, he is coaching the younger age groups. Good luck to Wizards in Baton Rouge.

trblmkr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace70 on 5/11/2014, 4:09 pm

Fctillidie wrote:Ace your one to come on here and talk about other teams wasting time.....your coach is known for doing the dumbest time wasting trick ever. He's the only coach who if he gets a lead, which is rare, will sub on EVERY throw in, goal kick, etc....whenever possible. When we were still playing in classic he tried that against us, never worked, but it was real stupid. So don't come on her and try to call another team out for something your coach is known by everyone for trying to do. Maybe they are just better at it then you. I'm sure you are use to everyone being better at things then you.  lol! 

Ahhhh the FWFC and Coach Taz hater is back!!!! Its been a while since we have been spewing your hatred out here. Did your wife lend you her balls affraid  so you could come out here and enlightening us all with your.....wisdom. Please tell us again how much FWFC sucks again please? It shows what a TOTAL idiot you are seeing how they practically ran the table in the spring.

Ace70
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie on 5/11/2014, 5:20 pm

Ran the table....what a dumbace..! No one cares about classic league anymore, all the good players are gone. That's why you are still there! And your still a mediocre team. But I knew this cause that's what your wife told me last time I saw her, your just a mediocre guy  pale don't worry though, I took care of her 2014-05-11 Wink 

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace70 on 5/11/2014, 6:38 pm

So now you go from just hating on Taz and FWFC but all the rest of the kids that play in classic. It probably never occurred to you that some just play classic as they are VERY happy with their team, don't want to play in Pre Academy or want the time to play other sports? No that would be way above your comprehension level. But that's okay because anyone that reads your posts have figured that out already......

Ace70
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by murito on 5/11/2014, 7:14 pm

IMO Sporting United still number one in CL and next year they will continue dominating the league. For once, I agree with NoDrama, Wizards dominated the game at least 70% of the time and scored the winning goal against the wind; SU had clear options, but were not able to score and this game is about putting balls into the net. I would doubt Wizards can beat them again soon, but this time they looked like a better team, now the Wiz need constancy and continuity, SU has shown that for a long year so they still Number One on CL.

Congrats Wizards for a very well deserved championship; now all here at NTX will support you (I Hope) on your trip to regionals…

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/11/2014, 9:17 pm

No skin in the game....but, the consistent assumption is that every quality player has tried out for PA and not made it. The answer is no, you are wrong! Why, location, travel expense, travel period and on & on. Of course there are quality players in PA but not as many as one might think. In fact I heard an analogy, it's kind of like kids not making the grades that get into Ivy League schools....money can get you on a PA team just like any other.

And wow, my perception of FC Dallas and their youth teams are in the tank. In fact I would say the continued lack of class shown here and at the fields makes me question why I would support FCD by buying tickets to their MLS games. This is a good time to go in and unsubscribe from all the mass marketing emails I get blasted with. Thanks for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 5/12/2014, 6:46 am

murito wrote:IMO Sporting United still number one in CL and next year they will continue dominating the league. For once, I agree with NoDrama, Wizards dominated the game at least 70% of the time and scored the winning goal against the wind; SU had clear options, but were not able to score and this game is about putting balls into the net. I would doubt Wizards can beat them again soon, but this time they looked like a better team, now the Wiz need constancy and continuity, SU has shown that for a long year so they still Number One on CL.

Congrats Wizards for a very well deserved championship; now all here at NTX will support you (I Hope) on your trip to regionals…

Yes, agreeing with NoDrama rarely happens but it does happen.

Wizards looked like a better team and for the first time had
more possession and chances against Sporting UTD.

Also agree that Sporting UTD is the number 1 team in classic league.

Wizards Goalkeeper was outstanding in the game.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NotADRAMAfan on 5/12/2014, 6:54 am

aguilar01B wrote:No skin in the game....but, the consistent assumption is that every quality player has tried out for PA and not made it.  The answer is no, you are wrong!  Why, location, travel expense, travel period and on & on.  Of course there are quality players in PA but not as many as one might think. In fact I heard an analogy, it's kind of like kids not making the grades that get into Ivy League schools....money can get you on a PA team just like any other.  

And wow, my perception of FC Dallas and their youth teams are in the tank.  In fact I would say the continued lack of class shown here and at the fields makes me question why I would support FCD by buying tickets to their MLS games.  This is a good time to go in and unsubscribe from all the mass marketing emails I get blasted with.  Thanks for your help!

Can you expand on  why FC Dallas and their youth teams are in the tank,  are we talking Classic league teams  or the Academy / DA  teams.

I am assuming their classic team is what you are talking about.  I have talked to Che about this,
will talk to him again and get some insight as to why ?

I do not support FC Dallas,  however when one talks about development of players,  there are very few options in the metroplex.

NotADRAMAfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/12/2014, 7:47 am

Sorry NotAndramafan, I wasn't referring to coaching or even playing but more the way the parents of those players represent themselves. Guess we all have these situations around us or on our own team at some point...Anyway, it's a new day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum