Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Technical coaching

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technical coaching

Post by Ipswich6 on 6/28/2014, 4:55 am

if players are looking for private technical coaching in the Plano area please contact me on this post.

Ipswich6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Technical coaching

Post by IRAZsoccer on 6/30/2014, 2:49 pm

please provide more details. PM.

IRAZsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipswich6 on 7/5/2014, 8:34 am

Technical coaching in relation to the players respective playing position.

Ipswich6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickback49 on 7/5/2014, 2:55 pm

Well, that is called Functional training. What coach is this? and what license level are you at?

Functional Training
Training for a specific position or area of the field (like forwards, outside midfield, etc). Functional training involves training or practicing the specific demands of a position or a role. This can be for an individual player, or for a unit (i.e. defense). For example, A soccer coach may run a functional training session for forward play, dealing specifically how two forwards work together in the attacking third. Functional training should take place in the area of the field where that scenario would occur in a real game.
Subcategories
Defending Functional Drills
Functional soccer training for specific defending positions in soccer (like centre defenders, outside backs, etc). Functional training involves training or practicing the specific demands of a position or a role. This can be for an individual player, or for a unit (i.e. defense). Examples of defending functional practice would be 'Defending Wide Areas' or 'Coach Central Defenders to Defend Direct Play'. Functional training should take place in the area of the field where that scenario would occur in a real game.
Article Count: 10
Attacking Functional Drills
Functional soccer training for specific attacking positions (like centre forwards, wingers, attacking mid-fielders etc). Functional training involves training or practicing the specific demands of a position or a role. This can be for an individual player, or for a unit (i.e. attack). Examples of attacking functional soccer practices would be 'Running With the Ball' or 'Coach wide flank players on driving inside'. Functional training should take place in the area of the field where that scenario would occur in a real game.
Article Count: 12
kickback49
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipswich6 on 7/5/2014, 9:24 pm

Roger Verdi, coaching licenses English full FA and B USSF, look at my Bio, played against Pele Beckenbaur Best cruffy and many other top players in my time, turned professional at 15 when Sir Bobby Robson signed me for Ipswich Town however, what I have done in my football career or licenses have nothing to do with knowing how to develop players. I know what the game requires and young players who want to reach that high level don't have the qualities. Its functional if a coach has numbers to work with if not, its just technical and teaching knowledge.

Ipswich6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickback49 on 7/5/2014, 10:04 pm

Mr Roger Verdi,
Great Bio, glad you posted some on the forum. So now we have some background ....You should have a vast amount of experience and learned from many great coaches and players. So why say that it has nothing to do with developing players "what I have done in my football career or licenses have nothing to do with knowing how to develop players. " It should have alot to do with it.  I think you would have alot to teach given your experience. I would love to come watch one of your sessions. But you are also right you have to be able to communicate and or show the player how to do the skill. The confusion here is are you teaching functional training, or technical skills.Functional training yes, you will need more than one player.  I think you are saying you are teaching the techniques of the skills, yes which the players need to play at the highest levels, it's not just all speed and athleticism.
Plano area teaching technical skills.
What is your price for one hour private session?
Do you do any small groups? or is it just one on one?
kickback49
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipswich6 on 7/5/2014, 10:28 pm

Sir, I would prefer to do small group sessions and you are right in saying these sessions would be functional training. I don't like to do one on one because its just stealing money from people for me, I would charge $25 per player and my sessions would be hour and half, one hour is not long enough to do what I want.Never have been a big fan of charging people $80 for an hour to teach their kids fancy stuff, they can learn that with there club teams and take the time to practice in the back yard. Like I did when I was a kid, I never went to clinics or camps in my era.

Ipswich6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipswich6 on 7/5/2014, 10:31 pm

By the way I forgot what I really meant was that what I have done in the game is past history been humble, many people come over and say they have done this and that if you know what I mean.

Ipswich6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by forward thinker on 7/6/2014, 8:23 am

Are you an Andromeda coach?
forward thinker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipswich6 on 7/6/2014, 8:39 am

Was I don't have a team since my lads graduated but I also work in construction so, I will have to see what happens down the road.

Ipswich6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum