Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Is the smart money in D3?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is the smart money in D3?

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 12:11 pm

All,
Your opinions please!
More often than not I've heard over and over that the smart money is in D3. Has anybody else heard this? I did watch a few tournaments before making my own decision and in my own eyes D3 is more competitive. I won't ever field D2 questions or comments. However, is it in fact a real fact that D3 is packed with talent and D1 now not really what it use to be. Take a peek at recent D3 vs D1 teams and I'm forced to agree. D1 for the money does not warrant the cost. Will it remain that way? Probably not but for now I'm sold that D3 is where the talent is. Please be insightful and with relevant citations before you comment.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Is the smart money in D3?

Post by Real Barcelona on 7/28/2014, 1:16 pm

Who told you that playing for a D3 team is any cheaper than playing for a D1 team? At least not in the classic league. In older age groups the difference in play and results is significant.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 1:26 pm

you must be high futbol, d3 is advanced rec....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 1:27 pm

Any real input or just opinions?
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona on 7/28/2014, 1:36 pm

The cost between D1 and D3 is not opinion but fact. The difference in level of play (NOT individual players) between D1 and D3 in older age groups is also fact.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 1:43 pm

umm have you watched d1 games vs d3 games? saying the real talent is in d3 is a laughable fantasy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 1:45 pm

I'm not going to even try to disparage anybody's experience but playing PA & D1 last three years might influence my opinion when I say what I say. It's what I've seen.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 1:48 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:I'm not going to even try to disparage anybody's experience but playing PA & D1 last three years might influence my opinion when I say what I say.  It's what I've seen.

Go watch d3 games( alot of them) and get back to us. its a travesty for the clubs to charge what they charge for d3 and PPL and APL.....

Back to top Go down

Post by cccaptain on 7/28/2014, 1:48 pm

I don't agree Sala, which Tournaments and when? Tournaments can be very tricky, but still then, if you look at the GotSoccer rankings, you'll see what type of Tournaments the D1 teams are playing and which Division (Silver, GoldA, GoldB, Platinum).
cccaptain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 1:49 pm

It has not always been like this but please cite some examples. I'd like to see a beat-down between a D3 & a D1 team. I'd almost beat they don't exist anywhere even beyond my own limited experience. Now, anything other than conjecture.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 1:52 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:It has not always been like this but please cite some examples.  I'd like to see a beat-down between a D3 & a D1 team.  I'd almost beat they don't exist anywhere even beyond my own limited experience.  Now, anything other than conjecture.

You won't because d3 teams dont want to be killed and rightly so. I am not dogging d3 players but your premise is ridiculous...

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 1:53 pm

True Capt.
However,
The limited games I've seen...I'm not seeing blow-outs. I'm saying most D3 can hang with D1s. I do t think I've ever seen it like this but it's been my observation over the last few months. We did go over last years pilfering of D1 but most of those players proved to be non-competitive and booted back to D1 from PA. I'm not saying I'm right I'm just asking have you all heard the same without emotion just facts?
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 1:57 pm

I'm saying most D3 can hang with D1s.

that is ridiculous, if hang you mean 4-1.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 1:57 pm

Soccer,
It's not a premise. It's a question from me to you all of your observations. I ask it with no emotion because all my older kids already played PA & ECL. Maybe your right. The ones that I've seen which have not been many have not been the expected blow-outs. A win for the D1 team but very hard fought. The score maybe 1-0 or 2-1. Minimal wins. Not worth a 3-5K season in my opinion.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:02 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:Soccer,
It's not a premise.  It's a question from me to you all of your observations.  I ask it with no emotion because all my older kids already played PA & ECL.  Maybe your right.  The ones that I've seen which have not been many have not been the expected blow-outs.  A win for the D1 team but very hard fought.  The score maybe 1-0 or 2-1.  Minimal wins.  Not worth a 3-5K season in my opinion.  

and its an answer i have NEVER seen a d3 team hang with a d1 team...

and that 2-1 score was probably two easy goals then subs made and a garbage goal scored...another thing what is 3-5k? club fees are the same at d1 and d3 and at ppl. thats the travesty...

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:11 pm

I hope you know that my three older boys played PA and my older girls played ECL before you gm fly of the handle. How many did you get up to that level to call the garbage? I could easily ask my older three and they would say D1 is garbage. Would you be inclined to support that view? So, now please back to the facts of measurable not wishible.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:12 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:I hope you know that my three older boys played PA and my older girls played ECL before you gm fly of the handle.  How many did you get up to that level to call the garbage?  I could easily ask my older three and they would say D1 is garbage.  Would you be inclined to support that view?  So, now please back to the facts of measurable not wishible.

so d1 is garbage and d3 is where the talent is at? again a ridiculous statement. you want facts? tell me your "facts" that d3 is where the talent is, i can wait...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:16 pm

Not even a good attempt. Please don't type anymore it hurts my patience to read the utter Stupidi&y of your attempted inflections on the topic. If you have quantifiable/measurable examples please display those facts.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:18 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:Not even a good attempt.  Please don't type anymore it hurts my patience to read the utter Stupidi&y of your attempted inflections on the topic.  If you have quantifiable/measurable examples please display those facts.  

lmao, we were waiting for YOUR facts chief and as I imagined you have nothing...your whole post is a ridiculous fantasy...

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 7/28/2014, 2:20 pm

This is a common topic that comes up every year regarding D3 and D1. No new insights here. Futbol_Sala, you want folks to give specific examples to support their opinion, but give none of your own. What gives?
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:23 pm

If you read at the very top you will notice that I ask for others input. Not opinions but facts. Something even that they have observed would do. I never said it was cheaper or that all D3 were better just that I'm not seeing a difference like in past years. Besides, who are you arguing with? Like I said mine play/played PA. I thought I had made that clear meaning they did not play D3 or D1 for very long. Well, one of my kids did play two seasons in D1 before moving on but that was a while ago.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:24 pm

If you read at the very top you will notice that I ask for others input.  Not opinions but facts.  Something even that they have observed would do.  I never said it was cheaper or that all D3 were better just that I'm not seeing a difference like in past years.  Besides, who are you arguing with?  Like I said mine play/played PA.  I thought I had made that clear meaning they did not play D3 or D1 for very long.  Well, one of my kids did play two seasons in D1 before moving on but that was a while ago.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:25 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:If you read at the very top you will notice that I ask for others input.  Not opinions but facts.  Something even that they have observed would do.  I never said it was cheaper or that all D3 were better just that I'm not seeing a difference like in past years.  Besides, who are you arguing with?  Like I said mine play/played PA.  I thought I had made that clear meaning they did not play D3 or D1 for very long.  Well, one of my kids did play two seasons in D1 before moving on but that was a while ago.

nope this is what you said

"However, is it in fact a real fact that D3 is packed with talent and D1 now not really what it use to be. Take a peek at recent D3 vs D1 teams and I'm forced to agree"

And I called BS on you and you tried to run away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:26 pm

Finish,
I then submit a FWFC D3 team vs. Sporting United I saw at Railroad.  I don't recall the tournament but U can look it up.  If need be.  Sporting did win 1-0 versus FWFC D3.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:27 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:Finish,
I then submit a FWFC D3 team vs. Sporting United I saw at Railroad.  I don't recall the tournament but U can look it up.  If need be.  Sporting did win 1-0 versus FWFC D3.

that is your "facts"? a game where a d3 team was only beaten 1-0? i have friends with kids in D3, i have friends with kids in d1, its light years apart in talent....

Last edited by soccerisgood123 on 7/28/2014, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum