Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Is the smart money in D3?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is the smart money in D3?

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:27 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:Finish,
I then submit a FWFC D3 team vs. Sporting United I saw at Railroad.  I don't recall the tournament but U can look it up.  If need be.  Sporting did win 1-0 versus FWFC D3.

that is your "facts"? a game where a d3 team was only beaten 1-0? i have friends with kids in D3, i have friends with kids in d1, its light years apart in talent....

Last edited by soccerisgood123 on 7/28/2014, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys on 7/28/2014, 2:28 pm

[quote="Futbol_Sala"]Not even a good attempt.  Please don't type anymore it hurts my patience to read the utter Stupidi&y of your attempted inflections on the topic.  If you have quantifiable/measurable examples please display those facts.  [/quote]

Sala do you have the facts?
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:30 pm

Did you ask for an example or are ready to put up some yourself? No son. I call your BS and you have nothing to respond with. Why you do t try to turn it down an re-read the original question. It will save you further embarrassment but maybe you like that.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:33 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:Did you ask for an example or are ready to put up some yourself?  No son.  I call your BS and you have nothing to respond with.  Why you do t try to turn it down an re-read the original question.  It will save you further embarrassment but maybe you like that.

the only one embarrassing himself is you with your silly post, lack of facts and feeble attempt to defend yourself...we are still waiting for facts...

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:34 pm

Wembley,
I submitted 1 one now I expect a knowledgable counter based on facts that argue the point not hot air. I'm not saying you are. Here is what I'm saying again....I'm not seeing the D1 advantage over D3. I mean in past years d3s would not dare go up against D1s. Now, time has passed and I'm not seeing the huge training gaps that I saw in the past. Nothing more just an example but argued with some taste. Examples etc.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:36 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:Wembley,
I submitted 1 one now I expect a knowledgable counter based on facts that argue the point not hot air.  I'm not saying you are.  Here is what I'm saying again....I'm not seeing the D1 advantage over D3.  I mean in past years d3s would not dare go up against D1s.  Now, time has passed and I'm not seeing the huge training gaps that I saw in the past.  Nothing more just an example but argued with some taste.  Examples etc.

no you submitted a dumb post that you cant back up and are trying to weasel your way out of, unfortunately for you, people here including myself watch a lot of games and called you on your bs...

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:37 pm

Suc,
The example was given. Where is yours? I don't have one yet from you so I'm just going to write you off because you can neither follow instructions or read them. If you don't like it you throw a fit like a child. Please don't respond. Move on.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/28/2014, 2:40 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:Suc,
The example was given.  Where is yours?  I don't have one yet from you so I'm just going to write you off because you can neither follow instructions or read them.  If you don't like it you throw a fit like a child.  Please don't respond.  Move on.

i will respond whenever i please. i invite anyone to watch d3 teams play and d1 teams play and tell us which has the best talent...you should try to post coherently next time and you won't have such a hard time...

Back to top Go down

Post by wembleys on 7/28/2014, 2:40 pm

[quote="Futbol_Sala"]Wembley,
I submitted 1 one now I expect a knowledgable counter based on facts that argue the point not hot air.  I'm not saying you are.  Here is what I'm saying again....I'm not seeing the D1 advantage over D3.  I mean in past years d3s would not dare go up against D1s.  Now, time has passed and I'm not seeing the huge training gaps that I saw in the past.  Nothing more just an example but argued with some taste.  Examples etc.[/quote]

Be careful Sala, one game means nothing… usually when our team plays a D3 team or a non CL D1 team, starters go to the bench and the boys with less play time get an opportunity to start. The coach tries different formations or brings the keeper to play in the field.

D3 is good to develop skill and confidence, especially if you got your morale beaten down in D2 or D1…
D1 is good if you already have skill and confidence...

Leave with your decision and focus on your boy, not on the team… and be happy!!!
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:42 pm

I hang out in PA ECL now. So if your in D3-D1 the chances of us meeting are very slim.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala on 7/28/2014, 2:45 pm

True Wembley,
I did notice that one tournament which by all means could have been a trial for new players and new formations. I've not been in those circles for a while though. I could be out of date but thanks for setting things straight.
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 7/28/2014, 2:52 pm

Agreed, Wembley is exactly right.

The '01 group has always been entertaining. I recall a post back in the U11 days where someone said the '01's were the most talented group to play Classic League in recent memory.

This year, the '03s were bragging that they scored the most goals.

The '04 group has settled down some, but their big chance is right now...
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 7/28/2014, 3:10 pm

finish1 wrote:Agreed, Wembley is exactly right.

The '01 group has always been entertaining. I recall a post back in the U11 days where someone said the '01's were the most talented group to play Classic League in recent memory.

your on point today my friend  lol! 
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona on 7/28/2014, 3:22 pm

Futbol_Sala wrote:I hang out in PA ECL now.  So if your in D3-D1 the chances of us meeting are very slim.
Are you happy there? Do you think that D3 will be a better alternative for the development of your players?

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 7/28/2014, 3:40 pm

Real Barcelona wrote: Are you happy there? Do you think that D3 will be a better alternative for the development of your players?

He has stated it about 80 times already so I assume he is happy.  He clearly lives through his kids high level soccer leagues... lol!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 7/29/2014, 8:02 am

finish1 wrote:Agreed, Wembley is exactly right.

aint this da truf  Razz 
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Enjoy life now! on 7/29/2014, 9:26 am

Futbol_Sala wrote:All,
Your opinions please!
More often than not I've heard over and over that the smart money is in D3.  Has anybody else heard this?  I did watch a few tournaments before making my own decision and in my own eyes D3 is more competitive.  I won't ever field D2 questions or comments.  However, is it in fact a real fact that D3 is packed with talent and D1 now not really what it use to be.  Take a peek at recent D3 vs D1 teams and I'm forced to agree.  D1 for the money does not warrant the cost.  Will it remain that way?  Probably not but for now I'm sold that D3 is where the talent is.  Please be insightful and with relevant citations before you comment.

Sala,

Most of these guys are driving around with a My boy plays Classic D1 bumper sticker so you started off by offending their pride.

I agree that their is probably more talent on an independent D3 team (where players have not been filtered) than a big 4 D1 team with some exception. The independent coaches position their team in a location to pull talent that doesn't live in North Dallas.

The typical Classic league parent feels there is an order in the system and that every player has been sorted through and placed where they belong (some truth in big 4). From recent experience I can tell you this is far from true when it comes to players from outlying areas and independents. But the system needs all of these parents/players to help support the sport and those playing at the highest level.

Parents believe whatever makes them feel better and that's ok!

Enjoy life now!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona on 7/29/2014, 9:40 am

As previously stated in my former post: individual talent exists in lower level divisions but the number of talented players increases as you move up the divisions. As an example could a division 3 team compete at the national level and make it to the finals in nationals (please see 97 FCD premier and 99 Solar red

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/29/2014, 9:41 am

Parents believe whatever makes them feel better and that's ok!

yep like parents whose kid is on a independent d3 team but thinks they are better than d1 players.. Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona on 7/29/2014, 10:19 am

What makes me feel good is knowing that my player is improving regardless whether he is in PPL APL EPL ACL or wherever.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Enjoy life now! on 7/29/2014, 10:56 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:Parents believe whatever makes them feel better and that's ok!

yep like parents whose kid is on a independent d3 team but thinks they are better than d1 players.. Razz Razz 

Big clubs are not the answer for everyone! Sorry but if that jab was for me, you are way off...

Enjoy life now!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/29/2014, 10:58 am

Enjoy life now! wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:Parents believe whatever makes them feel better and that's ok!

Big clubs are not the answer for everyone! Sorry but if that jab was for me, you are way off...

it was for you and it was right on the money. but you are right big clubs are not for everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 on 7/29/2014, 11:07 am

In a big club the fees are the same whether the team is in D1 or D3. The difference in price come with tournaments and travel. As an example, this year Solar Red 99 and FC Dallas 97 have traveled to Baton Rouge for the Region III Championship in June. And again to Maryland last week for the National Championship. Each trip required a permanence of one week. I bet their expenses are big!

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 7/29/2014, 11:10 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Futbol_Sala wrote:Soccer,
It's not a premise.  It's a question from me to you all of your observations.  I ask it with no emotion because all my older kids already played PA & ECL.  Maybe your right.  The ones that I've seen which have not been many have not been the expected blow-outs.  A win for the D1 team but very hard fought.  The score maybe 1-0 or 2-1.  Minimal wins.  Not worth a 3-5K season in my opinion.  

and its an answer i have NEVER seen a d3 team hang with a d1 team...

and that 2-1 score was probably two easy goals then subs made and a garbage goal scored...another thing what is 3-5k? club fees are the same at d1 and d3 and at ppl. thats the travesty...

NEVER? now you are giving fodder to the OP. midland united chives u14 APL last year and u14 storm are a few examples of teams that came together after the all important qualifying year at u11. they compete well and beat some d1 teams but that is the exception and not the rule  bounce bounce 
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander on 7/29/2014, 11:23 am

Futbol_Sala wrote:All,
Your opinions please!
More often than not I've heard over and over that the smart money is in D3.  Has anybody else heard this?  I did watch a few tournaments before making my own decision and in my own eyes D3 is more competitive.  I won't ever field D2 questions or comments.  However, is it in fact a real fact that D3 is packed with talent and D1 now not really what it use to be.  Take a peek at recent D3 vs D1 teams and I'm forced to agree.  D1 for the money does not warrant the cost.  Will it remain that way?  Probably not but for now I'm sold that D3 is where the talent is.  Please be insightful and with relevant citations before you comment.
You're very brave in making this assessment.  I'll try to be civil and not rip your head off, so here goes.  As we don't play in D3, I can't really comment on the talent that is there, but I can say that my BBs played in many tournaments, and that whenever they play a D2 or D3 team, we usually see a huge difference, mainly in pace of play.
Perhaps people get the notion that D3 has more talent because most of the teams are on a level playing ground and that the kids can  actually play and keep their positions longer because they have TIME.  When you play D1 teams, the players tend to play a little faster and not allow you to have all day to move the ball.  I've seen this over and over again. Coaches also allow players to play different positions because they know that there is minimal threat when they play D2/D3 teams.  I do agree that there is also talent in D2 and D3, but in no way are there more there than in D1.  Don't know what age group your son plays in, but if you're interested in scrimmaging an 03 D1 team, PM me.  Coach is always looking for challenging scrimmages.
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona on 7/29/2014, 11:36 am

My kids have played all the way from recreational to PPL/ APL to D2 and DI/academy and I can tell you that I do see a significant difference in the level of competition, skill level, physical play and speed of play. The intensity goes up and so does the flow of the game. Do teams get gems from lower level divisions SURE. But not all kids adapt well and some end up moving back to divisions with a slower paced game.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum