Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password


New to ODP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by allen04 on 9/15/2017, 8:13 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:If you don't  get picked you will need to find out why and get additional private training to make it in the future.

Juat so wrong.....


While not entirely true; I have seemed to notice that the kids who make you question ODP and wonder how and the hell did they make it in are all on a first name basis with one of the age group pool coaches. SO privates with one of the ODP guys might be just what you need. Very Happy

allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 686
Join date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/15/2017, 8:18 am

allen04 wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:If you don't  get picked you will need to find out why and get additional private training to make it in the future.

Juat so wrong.....


While not entirely true; I have seemed to notice that the kids who make you question ODP and wonder how and the hell did they make it in are all on a first name basis with one of the age group pool coaches.  SO privates with one of the ODP guys might be just what you need. Very Happy

It's a time honored tradition in North Texas.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 995
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by earbucket on 9/15/2017, 9:36 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
allen04 wrote:
Marvelousmar wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:If you don't  get picked you will need to find out why and get additional private training to make it in the future.

Juat so wrong.....


While not entirely true; I have seemed to notice that the kids who make you question ODP and wonder how and the hell did they make it in are all on a first name basis with one of the age group pool coaches.  SO privates with one of the ODP guys might be just what you need. Very Happy

It's a time honored tradition in North Texas.

I know you're partial to ODP, but dammit, H.I., the sun doesn't rise and set on North Texas ODP.


earbucket
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 487
Join date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by Solar5555 on 9/15/2017, 11:47 am

Lol

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by ShastaTx on 9/15/2017, 12:53 pm

No idea who actually goes to ODP. My son is an 05 and I am not sure I know more than one kid who has been out there for that age group. Maybe, there is some benefit, I just do not see it (at least not in North Texas)

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 242
Join date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/15/2017, 2:01 pm

ShastaTx wrote:No idea who actually goes to ODP. My son is an 05 and I am not sure I know more than one kid who has been out there for that age group. Maybe, there is some benefit, I just do not see it (at least not in North Texas)
Twisted Evil

ODP is just for fun and there are no actual benefits beyond being selected for a camp or an international game.

North Texas doesn't usually fare well at the Alabama camp and the team choices are based on an unknown selection process that  never puts the top players together.

ODP camp is fun for the kids and is just another soccer vacation.

There are no serious competitions and ODP doesn't field a competitive team to compete in any public tournaments.

There are no college opportunities or preferences given to ODP players.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 995
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by finish1 on 9/15/2017, 3:46 pm

I will add that if your BB is on an independent team and is a standout performer, ODP is a great way to get additional visibility. If he can take the program to its highest level, there is international travel exposure for him.



avatar
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 2967
Join date : 2009-12-03
Location : All the Way Up

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/15/2017, 3:57 pm

finish1 wrote:I will add that if your BB is on an independent team and is a standout performer, ODP is a great way to get additional visibility. If he can take the program to its highest level, there is international travel exposure for him.




There you have it...ODP looks good on the resume and if you are a standout and get invites you will gain exposure. If you are on an independent team you will not have any issues because ODP doesn't give a hoot about your team or club play and in that respect is worth attending and the main reason that i continued to support my BB's attendance even when I couldn't make heads or tails of the selection process.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 995
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by JogaBonitoTX on 9/18/2017, 9:56 am

We only knew about 15 in the program, so I can't speak to everyone's level, but here is what we saw:

There were only a few 06's that we met and they now play D1 at Solar or DA at FC Dallas U12.    

The majority of the boys were playing 05 Classic League D1 last year for Solar, FCD, and Liverpool. Teams like Castro, Megli, Pino, LP Barnes. Three of those boys went to FCD and Solar U13 DA, that I know of.

The idea that these kids were from crappy teams who made ODP because their parents had paid for private lessons with the coaches is laughable.  

For folks that may want to increase their network and awareness of different clubs and different coaches, I think ODP offers a good opportunity to see where your BB stacks up with a lot of players and to meet folks from all different clubs. If you don't have a good network and a lot of information and you're worried your team could fall apart, this could have a lot of value.

Before joining, we heard "the coaches are terrible," "nobody does ODP anymore," "I wouldn't send my son there..." We only went to the last tryout and I was very skeptical. Once we went I saw plenty of good players - the same ones you see when top Liverpool, Solar and FCD teams play each other. I also saw a few players we knew that made me think 'if these boys make it, the warnings are correct' - and they were cut.

Our experience with the program last year is different from what I'm reading here.

JogaBonitoTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 59
Join date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by Solar5555 on 9/26/2017, 10:23 pm

H


Last edited by Solar5555 on 9/27/2017, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by rgr07dad on 9/27/2017, 6:44 am

Not sure on the number but if BB made it he would already have been notified.

rgr07dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-04-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by Solar5555 on 9/27/2017, 7:37 am

T

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by allen04 on 10/9/2017, 11:09 am

For those of you that were at the 04 boys training last night in Fort Worth. Is this how you describe the rolling prairie the boys used?

avatar
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 686
Join date : 2010-04-15
Location : Allen, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: New to ODP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum