Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas Goncalves going to Dallas Cup

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FC Dallas Goncalves going to Dallas Cup

Post by go99 on 3/31/2015, 11:32 am

actually that is the point. Without a legitimate qualifier they can give it to who they want. It almost always goes to the host club to fill the spot with a team. This is not the first time. The same thing happened when it was under the Texans when daddy didn't own the franchise

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Depor on 3/31/2015, 11:55 am

"daddy owns the franchise" If daddy owns the franchise then forget it, money talks. Influence and money talk. Did anybody say anything about cutting corners? Very Happy

Depor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theGame4 on 3/31/2015, 11:57 am

Not sure they can give it to who they want...but it looks like this is what they did...appears the Dallas Cup chose to ignore the selection process they set up (I removed anything not related to U13. I also added the teams that would fall into the qualifying buckets.....after you review please clarify how Sporting United nor Solar Red were selected) .

Multiple Ways of Qualifying for the 2015 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXVI
(b) LP Rush - Classic League teams that play in Division One, and finish in first place in the following age groups: U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 and U19, after the completion of Round One of league play, will qualify. Classic League teams that play in Division One, and finish in second place in the U17 age groups, after the completion of Round One of league play, will qualify. Completion of Round One is when each team has played the other 9 teams in their age group for the first time. Final results for each age group will be determined by the Classic League after all Classic League tie-breakers, if needed, are applied.

(c) LP Owen - Qualifying Tournament #1 - Ken Smith Memorial Day Tournament, May 23-26, 2014. The 2014 U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, and U17 tournament age group winners will qualify for the 2015 U13 - U19 age groups.

(d) LP Rush - Qualifying Tournament #2 - Dallas Texans Fall Festival, November 21-23, 2014. The U13, U14, and U16 tournament age group winners will qualify.(cant get 2 spots so now Alternate #1 should be in - see below)

(e) Mexico Tigres - Qualifying Tournament #3 - Bobby Rhine Invitational Tournament, November 28-30, 2014. The U13, U14, and U16 tournament age group winners will qualify (didnt register for Dallas Cup and is not participating, alternate #2 should be in - see below).

Note: If any team should qualify in more than one manner (i.e. finish 1st in Classic League Round One AND win a qualifying tournament, etc.) only one invitation will be extended and the “second invitation” so to speak will NOT automatically go to the next best finishing team. The Dallas Cup office retains the right to extend or not extend the “second invitation” as it sees fit as per the table shown below.

Alternate Pool Teams: Once each Dallas Cup age group is initially completed, the Dallas Metro Area teams assigned to the Alternate Pool for each age group will be determined in the following manner:

(1) Andro - Alternate #1 for all Dallas Cup Age Groups (U13-U19)- Classic League team with next highest finish

(2) Sporting United - Alternate #2 for Dallas Cup U13, U17 & U19 Age Groups-Classic League team with next highest finish

(3) Solar Red - Alternate #3 for Dallas Cup U13, U17 & U19 Age Groups-Classic League team with next highest finish

(4) FCD Goncalves - Alternate #4 for all Dallas Cup Age Groups (U13-U19)- Classic League team with next highest finish

4theGame4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Refsayswhat on 3/31/2015, 12:06 pm

Well that just bites. Create rules, ask parents/players to follow rules, wallet gets fat thanks to FCD, ignore rules, put in inferior team with large checkbook, terrible 0-2 start by FCD Goncv. Nice job Dallas Cup, maybe this is why Mexico Tirges went to a different tournament this week. Red Card to Dallas Cup. LOL

Refsayswhat
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 3/31/2015, 2:26 pm

golazo02 wrote:And we wonder why NTX has so little representation at the National level? Also shows how absurd the gotsoccer rankings are for this age group.

IMO that FC Golden State team that beat FCD 7-0 will win Dallas Cup. Best team I have seen in the 02 age group.

They'll probably go far, but my money is on San Diego Surf. The FC Golden State team only has 3 losses in their GotSoccer Ranking, but all 3 are to the San Diego Surf team that's also in Dallas Cup.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Depor on 3/31/2015, 2:40 pm

Any chance for the younger Texas teams to win the tournament? At the older age groups, forget it.

Depor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 3/31/2015, 2:55 pm

In U13, I don't foresee any of the NTx teams advancing out of group play. Nipper's team has an outside shot at getting a wildcard for the quarterfinals, but neither LP team is likely to advance, but I suspect it will come down to the SoCal teams in the semifinals.

Don't know much about U14, but looks like the FCD PA team is doing well. They might make some noise in the knockout phase.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/31/2015, 3:00 pm

Refsayswhat wrote:Well that just bites. Create rules, ask parents/players to follow rules, wallet gets fat thanks to FCD, ignore rules, put in inferior team with large checkbook, terrible 0-2 start by FCD Goncv.  Nice job Dallas Cup, maybe this is why Mexico Tirges went to a different tournament this week. Red Card to Dallas Cup. LOL

Actually tigres are in this tournament. Maybe all of you guys are new to this but it's not the first time something like this has happened. You want to play DC win your way in otherwise you never know. Envy is not a good look you had every opportunity to get yourselves in and you FAILED. Bashing the FCD team isn't going to make yours any better. So they may have lost 2 straight games, but at least they are playing
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 3/31/2015, 4:20 pm

As soon as I try to complement a team they let me down. Looks like Surf lost today Embarassed

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 3/31/2015, 5:54 pm

debit wrote:As soon as I try to complement a team they let me down.  Looks like Surf lost today Embarassed

LOL!!!
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 3/31/2015, 6:16 pm

I see that Bethesda only up 40-0 at the moment over the California teAm. Lol! Gotta love crowd sourced scoring!

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 3/31/2015, 6:21 pm

Wishful thinking.
If LP Owen plays Bethesda like the played UFC, it will be 40-0 for Bethesda.
LP's game was nothing like Sunday's game when they played Cordica to a 1-1 tie.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 3/31/2015, 6:36 pm

I think it's pretty cool that some of the non-super/PA teams are competing well. I am biased though. Still was great seeing the LP kids come back from 2 goals down and playing a man down to get even before ultimately losing on a last minute goal 3-2. Pretty proud. Hopefully, we can notch a win tomorrow and mark it down a great experience. Unless we get some monumental help from other games tomorrow, that'll probably be it for us.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 3/31/2015, 7:01 pm

Assuming you are referring to formations? Shocked Shocked

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tigre4now on 3/31/2015, 10:16 pm

I wonder how the top teams would compete if they still had their teams together before preacademy .
tigre4now
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me on 3/31/2015, 11:01 pm

This is becoming a Californis South tournament. Is it the coaching? Who in North Texas coaches their style of play? I know we have the talent.
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by golazo02 on 4/1/2015, 1:45 pm

Interesting to see that every single one of those teams leading their DC bracket are part of an invitational league for the top teams in So-Cal.

http://2014crl.affinitysoccer.com/Tour/public/info/accepted_flight.asp?sessionguid=&agecode=B13I&flightguid=FC265071-6FED-4BFC-9F1F-427C3FA43A0D&tournamentguid=A9F9EADC-20E2-4CB7-8A74-48D5FCCE108A

golazo02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 4/1/2015, 1:55 pm

FCGS is probably the best So Cal team, they beat Surf 2-0 in the National Cup semi a few weeks ago. But fcgs was disqualified that evening because the ref had given a yellow for celebration and later said it was mistake. So long story short the kid that got the red played in semi for 5 min and then a cal south official over ruled the other calsouth official who said he could play. Fcgs got screwed because of lack of communication. I really can't make this stuffup. btw Surf was to play in the finals of CRL Sunday but was disqualified for using a player who wasn't properly rostered. It has been a weird few weeks in this age group in So Cal!!
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice Ball on 4/1/2015, 2:28 pm

PatsDad, is there any difference that you can tell between how we train here in North Texas and what you guys do in So Cal? What do the coaches in So Cal concentrate on in their training sessions? It seems like the North Texas teams and So Cal teams are pretty close, when it comes to talent, at the ages of U11 and under and then at the age of U13 and up things change. Maybe I am wrong. Do your teams play more small sided games?

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 4/1/2015, 2:44 pm

Good chance of the wildcard spots coming down to tiebreakers today with multiple teams at 6 points so I thought maybe Surf will need to put a big Goal Differential up today to help with tiebreakers. Seems like they had the same idea... Ouch.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 4/1/2015, 4:18 pm

Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:This is becoming a Californis South tournament. Is it the coaching? Who in North Texas coaches their style of play? I know we have the talent.
nooooooooo not again Mad
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me on 4/3/2015, 5:55 am

omega striker wrote:
Soccer/Pizza4me wrote:This is becoming a Californis South tournament. Is it the coaching? Who in North Texas coaches their style of play? I know we have the talent.
nooooooooo not again Mad

3 out of 4 teams for the Quarter finals are from California South.
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 4/3/2015, 5:31 pm

Well, the NTX teams can't complain that we put each other out.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 4/3/2015, 6:01 pm

SnookumsConCarne wrote:Well, the NTX teams can't complain that we put each other out.
which age group ???
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 4/3/2015, 10:32 pm

omega striker wrote:
SnookumsConCarne wrote:Well, the NTX teams can't complain that we put each other out.
which age group ???

U-13. No NTX team played their Classic League counterparts.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum