Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Exorcism Needed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exorcism Needed!

Post by Enjoy life now! on 5/25/2015, 10:23 am

Pay attention to your gut when selecting a team in June!

Last edited by Enjoy life now! on 5/25/2015, 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ;))

Enjoy life now!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Exorcism Needed!

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 5/25/2015, 1:00 pm

Was the child lured? Or was the child and parent lured?
You're the one who signed the contract, right?
I switched my BB from a team that was good, but He got fewer and fewer touches. But to be fair, some of his teammates were just better players at those positions.
I signed the contract, not my BB.
The team he's on now is just as good, the training's not.
Passion and great love doesn't equate to talent and skill.
Unless your BB's making the decisions for you, then you were the one who took the bait.
Live and learn.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Enjoy life now! on 5/25/2015, 3:51 pm

Nah I can't take credit, it was his decision...and now it is his decision to leave....

Talent and skill are there but we are through buying in to the "higher level" sales pitch.

Enjoy life now!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 5/25/2015, 4:03 pm

i've been fortunate with my BB always being among the best on his team but at u11 he was only getting about 50% of the playing. just preached practice harder and you can earn more playing. that didn't happen for another year or so. in the meantime he just continued to love practices and kick arounds etc. MY SON HAS NEVER MADE A DECISION ABOUT WHICH TEAM HE PLAYED FOR. HE HAS ALWAYS UNDERSTOOD I HAD HIS BEST INTEREST AT HEART AND BELIEVED IN ME. I MAY HAVE EVEN BEEN WRONG ONCE Smile BUT IT WASN'T THE END OF THE WORLD!. now i must admit i never bought any "pie in the sky" that so many parents complain about.
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 5/25/2015, 9:49 pm

I would definitely search for playing time with a team that plays against the most competitive teams that my BB is capable of playing against.

It's better to have a steady diet of competitive playing time than to be a member of a top 5 team that doesn't play you at least 30 minutes per game.

I always want to give this advice to parents with excellent players who are languishing on the bench just because they believe that it's better to make a top 5 than to play on a lower ranked team which is kind of funny when you consider that most of the lower ranked teams in each division are 2-3 players (sometimes more than that) short of being a higher ranked team.

I can say that D1 has quite a few players who are warming the bench that would be better off getting maximum playing time on a 9,10 team or in D2 so they can develop and realize their potential.

There are top 5 teams with players who should move to other top 5 teams for that same reason.

No matter what division or league you play in, this idea applies because it is player based and not team based.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 5/25/2015, 9:52 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:I would definitely search for playing time with a team that plays against the most competitive teams that my BB is capable of playing against.

It's better to have a steady diet of competitive playing time than to be a member of a top 5 team that doesn't play you at least 30 minutes per game.

I always want to give this advice to parents with excellent players who are languishing on the bench just because they believe that it's better to make a top 5 than to play on a lower ranked team which is kind of funny when you consider that most of the lower ranked teams in each division are 2-3 players (sometimes more than that) short of being a higher ranked team.

I can say that D1 has quite a few players who are warming the bench that would be better off getting maximum playing time on a 9,10 team or in D2 so they can develop and realize their potential.

There are top 5 teams with players who should move to other top 5 teams for that same reason.

No matter what division or league you play in, this idea applies because it is player based and not team based.

AGREE!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Check on 5/26/2015, 10:41 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:i've been fortunate with my BB always being among the best on his team but at u11 he was only getting about 50% of the playing. just preached practice harder and you can earn more playing. that didn't happen for another year or so. in the meantime he just continued to love practices and kick arounds etc. MY SON HAS NEVER MADE A DECISION ABOUT WHICH TEAM HE PLAYED FOR. HE HAS ALWAYS UNDERSTOOD I HAD HIS BEST INTEREST AT HEART AND BELIEVED IN ME. I MAY HAVE EVEN BEEN WRONG ONCE Smile BUT IT WASN'T THE END OF THE WORLD!. now i must admit i never bought any "pie in the sky" that so many parents complain about.
didnt you relocate from west texas after Hassan gave you the sales pitch?

Reality Check
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 5/26/2015, 11:32 am

Lol. At BB's age of 14 I decided to move to DLlas from West Texas. Yes! After giving all the clubs my sales pitch, I weighed my options. I chose texans based on their need for a midfielder like my son. Solars midfielder had that position locked up and is currently traveling with U15 YNT. Hassans nice facilities are located 8 miles from where I wanted to live and we have enjoyed the ride. The team we joined was a good team and my son has helped make them better. I will be looking to invite some new talent to the FREE U15 Pre-Academy next month. My BB will probably play PA, DA and High School next year. Smile
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by S0cc3rD@d on 5/26/2015, 12:13 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:My BB will probably play PA, DA and High School next year. Smile

I thought DA players were contractually bound to not play high school. Did that change?
S0cc3rD@d
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 5/26/2015, 12:31 pm

S0cc3rD@d wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:My BB will probably play PA, DA and High School next year. Smile

I thought DA players were contractually bound to not play high school.  Did that change?

If the BB is a fulltime U16 or U18 DA player you are correct. MY BB is likely to play U15 PA and be what DA calls a "developmental" player. He could play Highschool but only play 6 DA games with academy. Smile
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Depor on 5/26/2015, 1:13 pm

I think it is a maximum of 4 games not 6 for DP.

Depor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum