Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top 30?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Top 30?

Post by allentexan on 7/20/2015, 9:34 am

Totally agree. That is why I sometimes wonder why folks are willing to fork over the same amount whether the team is in D1 or D3.

allentexan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthhurts on 7/21/2015, 12:09 am

allentexan wrote:Totally agree.  That is why I sometimes wonder why folks are willing to fork over the same amount whether the team is in D1  or D3.  

What is the alternative?
thetruthhurts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthhurts on 7/21/2015, 2:00 am

Howabout a final top 30 after the King TUT, before the big 44? Here's mine:

If I knew more about the Dallas Texans teams, I'm sure at least one, if not more additional teams would make it on the list.

1)FCD Premier (Red)
2)DT Dynamo
3)FCD Gomez
4)FC Premier Forzi
5)DT Hodder
6)Kicks Selecao
7)Andromeda Carrillo
8)DT Faber
9) FCD Pino (Premier Blue)
10)FCD Rangel (South)
11)CCSAI Dallas Tigres
12)Liverpool Dalglish
13)Fever United
14)DT Hernandez (South)
15)Athletico Espanol
16)FCD Guevara
17)East Texas Wildcatters SC
18)FCD Bravo (East)
19)Andromeda Sawyer
20)Dallas Kicks Santos
21)Ayses Gold
22)FCD Crispino
23)Crush FC
24)FCD Lopez
25)Liverpool St. John (Quiroz)
26)Liverpool Gerrard
27)FCD Hammers (West)
28)FC Premier Opoku
29)FCD Hedges
30)FCD Topletz

Wow, the bottom 10 are difficult. I wanted to include Impact FC, Dallas Rush Rangira, and more but just didn't know the status of their teams.

I'm all done - it's been fun! Good luck in the Classic Qualifier everyone!

Last edited by thetruthhurts on 7/21/2015, 2:32 am; edited 3 times in total
thetruthhurts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FSFFL on 7/21/2015, 2:06 am

This all goes back to the winning vs. development debate. If you think the most important thing for your BB at U11 is being on a D1 team that wins most of its games, I can understand why you wonder why parents are willing to fork over the same amount whether the team is in D1 or D3. However, if you think the most important thing for your BB is that he is learning to play the game well and developing solid skills under a really good coach, you probably shouldn't care what division his team is in.

Of course, we all want both but those spots are limited so if you can't have that you have to make a decision about what's most important right now.

I would argue development is the most important thing now and I'll pay 'D1 prices' even if my BB's team doesn't make Classic if I think he has a great coach. However, around U15 or so my priorities for my BB would start leaning more toward being on a competitive D1 team if he's hoping to continue playing after HS. That's just my opinion.
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C on 7/21/2015, 8:22 am

thetruthhurts wrote:Howabout a final top 30 after the King TUT, before the big 44? Here's mine:

If I knew more about the Dallas Texans teams, I'm sure at least one, if not more  additional teams would make it on the list.

1)FCD Premier (Red)
2)DT Dynamo
3)FCD Gomez
4)FC Premier Forzi
5)DT Hodder
6)Kicks Selecao
7)Andromeda Carrillo
8)DT Faber
9) FCD Pino (Premier Blue)
10)FCD Rangel (South)
11)CCSAI Dallas Tigres
12)Liverpool Dalglish
13)Fever United
14)DT Hernandez (South)
15)Athletico Espanol
16)FCD Guevara
17)East Texas Wildcatters SC
18)FCD Bravo (East)
19)Andromeda Sawyer
20)Dallas Kicks Santos
21)Ayses Gold
22)FCD Crispino
23)Crush FC
24)FCD Lopez
25)Liverpool St. John (Quiroz)
26)Liverpool Gerrard
27)FCD Hammers (West)
28)FC Premier Opoku
29)FCD Hedges
30)FCD Topletz

Wow, the bottom 10 are difficult. I wanted to include Impact FC, Dallas Rush Rangira, and more but just didn't know the status of their teams.

I'm all done - it's been fun! Good luck in the Classic Qualifier everyone!

For the most I agree with assessment of the 05's. I would only change a couple of teams around....maybe. The rop 4 or 5 will be a battle. The next 5 will be as well.....so and so on...... Classic will be fun! cheers
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Turn_Over_Machine on 7/21/2015, 8:50 am

FSFFL wrote:This all goes back to the winning vs. development debate.  If you think the most important thing for your BB at U11 is being on a D1 team that wins most of its games, I can understand why you wonder why parents are willing to fork over the same amount whether the team is in D1 or D3.  However, if you think the most important thing for your BB is that he is learning to play the game well and developing solid skills under a really good coach, you probably shouldn't care what division his team is in.

Of course, we all want both but those spots are limited so if you can't have that you have to make a decision about what's most important right now.  

I would argue development is the most important thing now and I'll pay 'D1 prices' even if my BB's team doesn't make Classic if I think he has a great coach.  However, around U15 or so my priorities for my BB would start leaning more toward being on a competitive D1 team if he's hoping to continue playing after HS.  That's just my opinion.

Could not agree more. I made the mistake of moving my son from a competitive team that was climbing the ranks because I was too anxious to be on a top team. I wasn't thinking about my son but more about my ego. I made a terrible mistake and I am posting this here to perhaps help others that are struggling with the same decision. All I was focused on was top team status and now my son is paying the price of my decisions. He went from playing the majority of the game to sitting the bench and getting playing time only when the game faith has been sealed.

Take it from me, choose development and playing time over which league the team plays in. If I could do it all over again I would stick it out with the coaches that are genuinely dedicated to development.

Turn_Over_Machine
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/21/2015, 9:48 am

U11 QT FORMAT

There are 44 teams in the QT.  For round I, these 44 teams have been divided into 6 brackets of 4 teams and 4 brackets of 5 teams.  During the first weekend of play, each team in the 10 brackets will play the other teams in its bracket.  At the end of Round I, the selection process will be as follows (based on points and defined tie breakers):

First and second place finishers in each of the ten brackets will advance to Classic League U-11 Division I and will not have to play the second weekend. The 4 fifth place finishers in the 4 brackets of 5 teams will be eliminated.

The 20 teams remaining will play in Round II the following weekend and will be reseeded (at the League’s sole discretion) into 5 brackets of 4 teams.  Each team will play the other teams in its bracket.  At the end of Round II, the selection process will be as follows (based on points and defined tie breakers):

First and second place finishers in each of the 5 brackets will advance to Classic League U-11 Division 2.  The third and fourth place finishers will be eliminated.

The Classic League is an invitational league and qualification and/or invitations to participate remain at all times revocable pursuant to Classic League rules.  For example, conduct deemed unethical or otherwise prejudicial to the Classic League may result in a team being eliminated from consideration notwithstanding its record in the competition.

While not currently anticipated, the Classic League further reserves the right to alter the format as needed to contend with unforeseen circumstances or address issues not addressed by these rules.

As per Classic League rules, seeding of Rounds I and II will be based on the best available information, with the most capable teams being seeded higher in the pairings.  Seeding decisions of the Tournament Committee are final and non-appealable.

Back to top Go down

Post by tib73 on 7/21/2015, 10:41 am

Turn_Over_Machine wrote:
FSFFL wrote:This all goes back to the winning vs. development debate.  If you think the most important thing for your BB at U11 is being on a D1 team that wins most of its games, I can understand why you wonder why parents are willing to fork over the same amount whether the team is in D1 or D3.  However, if you think the most important thing for your BB is that he is learning to play the game well and developing solid skills under a really good coach, you probably shouldn't care what division his team is in.

I would argue development is the most important thing now and I'll pay 'D1 prices' even if my BB's team doesn't make Classic if I think he has a great coach.  However, around U15 or so my priorities for my BB would start leaning more toward being on a competitive D1 team if he's hoping to continue playing after HS.  That's just my opinion.

Could not agree more.  I made the mistake of moving my son from a competitive team that was climbing the ranks because I was too anxious to be on a top team.  I wasn't thinking about my son but more about my ego.  I made a terrible mistake and I am posting this here to perhaps help others that are struggling with the same decision.  All I was focused on was top team status and now my son is paying the price of my decisions.  He went from playing the majority of the game to sitting the bench and getting playing time only when the game faith has been sealed.

Take it from me, choose development and playing time over which league the team plays in.  If I could do it all over again I would stick it out with the coaches that are genuinely dedicated to development.  

Amen!!

tib73
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercity on 7/21/2015, 1:30 pm

Turn_Over_Machine wrote:Could not agree more.  I made the mistake of moving my son from a competitive team that was climbing the ranks because I was too anxious to be on a top team.  I wasn't thinking about my son but more about my ego.  I made a terrible mistake and I am posting this here to perhaps help others that are struggling with the same decision.  All I was focused on was top team status and now my son is paying the price of my decisions.  He went from playing the majority of the game to sitting the bench and getting playing time only when the game faith has been sealed.

Take it from me, choose development and playing time over which league the team plays in.  If I could do it all over again I would stick it out with the coaches that are genuinely dedicated to development.  

Agreed. Picking out a coach that focuses on development and giving playing time to his kids I think is key at this age, even regardless of what division you play in. I think its important to find a coach that is honest and not just talks but shows that they care about development. Had some parents say they are glad that their teams are carrying 14-15 players on the team so that there is playing time and depth. Conversely some parents were complaining about roster sizes that were maxed out where inevitably playing time is cut. Coaches are certainly entitled to do what they want especially in select, but should be upfront with what their strategy is so that parents can make the best informed decision for their kid.

soccercity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Turn_Over_Machine on 7/21/2015, 2:33 pm

soccercity wrote:
Turn_Over_Machine wrote:Could not agree more.  I made the mistake of moving my son from a competitive team that was climbing the ranks because I was too anxious to be on a top team.  I wasn't thinking about my son but more about my ego.  I made a terrible mistake and I am posting this here to perhaps help others that are struggling with the same decision.  All I was focused on was top team status and now my son is paying the price of my decisions.  He went from playing the majority of the game to sitting the bench and getting playing time only when the game faith has been sealed.

Agreed. Picking out a coach that focuses on development and giving playing time to his kids I think is key at this age, even regardless of what division you play in. I think its important to find a coach that is honest and not just talks but shows that they care about development. Had some parents say they are glad that their teams are carrying 14-15 players on the team so that there is playing time and depth. Conversely some parents were complaining about roster sizes that were maxed out where inevitably playing time is cut. Coaches are certainly entitled to do what they want especially in select, but should be upfront with what their strategy is so that parents can make the best informed decision for their kid.

What?????????????????????????

Turn_Over_Machine
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ussoccerfan on 7/21/2015, 3:13 pm

Soccercity agreed with you....that's what.

ussoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum