Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Soccer Drama

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Soccer Drama

Post by 05Soccerdad on 6/28/2015, 10:00 am

In a world where hate is on the front page and the first thing the news stations report about, why does it have to be included on our forum? I think we need to hear more positive things about the game. We need to hear how to help our kids enjoy it more. We need to hear how we can build a more positive environment for them. Why shatter a kid's dreams of playing pro? Let them dream of being Messi or Ronaldo. What is wrong with that? Who cares if they will never make it. I get tired of reading about negative things all the time.
We don't live in a perfect world I totally understand that but let's all just try to get along. Let's be more honest, more loving, and more giving. Just a thought....
05Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Soccer Drama

Post by soccercity on 6/30/2015, 8:37 am

Agree and I think most parents and coaches are like that. Its when a few folks out there that live vicariously through the kids is when things get a little contested. Some are so consumed with winning that they forget that we are talking about kids here, who at the end of the day just want to play. Winning isnt just about the score, its about how to act whether you win or lose. How to conduct yourself as a person, building confidence, how to be there for your teammates, your friends. Thats true winning. At the end of the day most of these kids arent going to remember how many games they won or lost when they were young, its the traits (good or bad) that they learn from the parents and coaches to carry through life is what they will remember.

soccercity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum