Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic League

Post by PG-Boy on 10/19/2015, 6:35 pm

FCD Che are in the driver's seat to take D1. They have one less game than DTS in the standings so as long as they keep 1-3 points ahead of DTS, they should finish first by the end of the season. Every point will be critical for FCD Che and DTS. A difference of one point could determine the league champion. It's like Barcelona and Real Madrid playing an entire long season with only one or two points separating them.

I think FWFC and Añoranza will fight it out for positions 3 and 4 in the standings. FWFC won't surprise any team the rest of the way. So they'll bring out the best of most teams.

Solar and FCD Premier will battle it out for 5th and 6th. Both teams play inconsistently. If either can get on a roll, they can play with any of the  top four teams. These two are capable of tying or beating the top 4. Particularly FCD since they have some Academy DP players and a few additions of former Academy players. On top of the kids that qualified for the Dallas Cup last year, this gives FCD significant talent depth.  Can FCD find the best starting combination to catch fire? It's TBD.  Overtaking FWFC and/or Añoranza will be very difficult, though.

Sporting United will survive the battle to remain in D1. Their roster has turned-over leaving them a depleted version of the squad they fielded two seasons ago when they qualified for the Dallas Cup. They've lost players to other teams and their star center-mid from recent years is now with FCDs Academy team.  They'll continue to earn plenty of points to easily keep them above Wizards and Andromeda. D2 isn't in the cards for them. They play passionate so they cannot be overlooked by any team.

FCD White is another beneficiary of the sliding Wizards team. But they'll have deal with Andromeda to survive their first year in D1. I lean 70/30 toward FCD remaining in D1 with Andromeda moving to D2.

The Wizards slide is too dramatic to slow. D2 is certain. The two points earned came from ties with Sporting United and Andromeda. If their rate of point accumulation continues. They'll finish the season with about 5 total points.

Over in D2 the Texas Toros and FC Bachman Lake are making a strong run to join D1 next year. Estudiantes started strong last year in D2 with a real chance for promotion into D1. But they fizzled at the end of the season. This year, Estudiantes is near the bottom of the D2 standings.

What impact do you all think the 22 roster count has on teams? FCD Che and Añoranza need the extra depth since they are simultaneously playing in two leagues. For the rest of the teams, 22 kids on one team has to be a bit of a challenge for the kids not receiving a lot of minutes.

PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OutofTowner on 1/12/2016, 10:20 am

Anybody here with insite on how the age's will work for these boys next year?

OutofTowner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by claretiano on 4/9/2016, 5:36 pm

And we are getting close to another crazy soccer season. Any predictions for this weekend?

-Game of the week anoranzas vs DTS, I predicted a clean game with out yellows and lots of goals. I've been wrong so many times so why not? South takes this one. 2-0
-Solar vs Premier, with DP's premier takes this one with out them I give it to solar. 2-0
-FTW vs FCD white, nice close game last weekend by white but I think they will split the points on this one. 1-1
-Wizards vs FCD Che, Che should win this one easily but in this league nothing is guaranteed. 2-0 Che.
-Sporting vs Andromeda. I'm giving this one to Andromeda they are playing with more heart right now.1-0

3 weekends left and Anoranzas is in control of their destiny but with games against 2nd (che) and 3rd (DTS) may change that.
Good luck to all!!!!!!

claretiano
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OutofTowner on 4/11/2016, 8:39 am

Not bad Clarentiano... Point predictions aside, what looks like 5 for 5 on the predictions is pretty impressive!

OutofTowner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by claretiano on 4/11/2016, 5:37 pm

I was wrong on the FTW vs FCD white, but I will take it, it has been my best prediction weekend in 4 years, too bad I wasn't in Vegas.
Lets see if I'm I can get next Saturday right.

-DTS vs Solar, I'll take South 3-1
-Anoranzas vs sporting. Anoranzas 3-0, sporting already looking at d2
-FCD Che vs FTW, close one 1-0 Che in scoring in the final minutes of the game
-Premier vs Andromeda. this one is hard to pick, you never know witch team will show up for premier. going with heart and determination to stay in D1 over inconsistency 2-1 Andromeda
Lastly FCD white vs Wizards. 1-0 FCD white fighting to stay in D1.

claretiano
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by claretiano on 4/25/2016, 7:17 pm

One game left and every game has a means something for somebody.
-FTW vs FCD Premier (both of them fighting for the last spot on RPL) Premier wins that one 2-1
-Solar (last spot for RPL) vs Andromeda (relegation) Amazingly Andromeda beat Anoranzas last Sunday and continue the momentum to stay in D1,Andromeda wins 2-0 and stays in D1
-FCD White vs Sporting United (both teams trying to stay in D1) Sporting wins this one sending white back to D2
-DT South (trying to win league but needs help)- vs Wizards (heading to D2) South wins 6-0
-FCD Che vs Anoranzas for the championship, two teams with lots of talented kids, last year it was decided by goal difference and I think this year will be the same. 2-2 tie, and lots of cards. Drama all the way to the end

40 points for this 3 teams
Che +26
Anoranzas +25
South +25

Good luck to all the kids!!!!

claretiano
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4bears on 4/26/2016, 4:53 pm

Isn't South at +19 currently?

Last edited by 4bears on 4/27/2016, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

4bears
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by claretiano on 4/27/2016, 8:31 am

Yes they are at +19, I was just adding my prediction beating the wizards 6-0 for a total of +25, just short from wining the league this year. unless they put 7 on the wizards and we will have to do a different tiebreaker.
I believe the first tiebreaker is goal differential
next is goals scored
last one is the board decision.

One game left!!!!!!!
3 Teams can win the league
3 teams fighting for last spot on RPL
3 teams fighting not to be relegated to D2

claretiano
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 4/28/2016, 5:44 pm

-FTW vs FCD Premier. FWFC 2, FCDP, 0. FWFC will focus on defense as FCD tries to find gaps. Then pounce on turn-overs to counter-attack with long precise passes.
-Solar vs Andromeda. 1-1. They play a similar style. A lot of long passes by both teams.
-FCD White vs Sporting United. 2-2. A lot of corner kicks and crosses in this match-up.
-DT South vs Wizards. 6-1, DTS. They'll light up the scoreboard. Wizards will play tough the first 15 minutes, then DTS will turn on the jets.
-FCD Che vs Anoranzas. 2-3. End to end, physical match-up. Añoranza will score early on a free kick.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum