Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

age pure

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: age pure

Post by Academy18 on 9/5/2015, 10:27 pm

Yes I recited it as well

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

email

Post by blackcleatsoccerfan on 9/6/2015, 7:56 am

Sho'nuff wrote:
CCM wrote:
allen04 wrote:
Does Boys Classic League not roll up to NTSSA? How is this a done deal on the boys side but undecided on the girls side?

It isn't a done deal.  Everyone is assuming it will be done; but it hasn't actually changed yet.  So at this point (unless it changed overnight) the '05's going select next summer will be all 05 birth year kids.

All I know is that our Liverpool club received a lengthy email stating it was in fact a done deal (or seemed to imply so).  

I doubt LP sent out an email about the Jan-July '06s, specifically. Please do copy and paste

It was very generic.

Recent News from the United States Soccer Federation

As many of you are already aware, the United States Soccer Federation has recently announced some very exciting and unique news about ways to align the U.S. market with the rest of the world regarding soccer age groupings as well as ways to increase the focus on player development. The USSF has mandated specific changes involving players age groups as well as (for some age groups) changing the number of players participating in matches. This approach that will be adopted will align Texas with the rest of the nation and the world. These moves have great potential to positively impact players focusing on the technical development and player confidence. These 'small-sided' games in the younger age groups have been in effect in most of the nation for many years, and will bring North Texas into compliance with the rest of the nation by 2017.

We want all of our Liverpool families to be assured that we are not only aware but have a great plan in place to assist every team, coach and player through the changes and be sure that 100% of our players and families will understand and are clear on all options regarding this change. We will also keep all players and families informed and aware of any and all changes that will take place that may impact their age groups, leagues or anything to do with the player and how it impacts you as a family. The Senior Staff and Leadership team is working diligently with the USSF as well as North Texas State Soccer Association and each league in the region to support and successfully make these positive changes ahead for every Liverpool FC America player. For the academy, and those groups of players including our U-11 and U-12 who may be affected in 2016, we will be in touch in the near future. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to any one of the following members of Senior Staff.

Armando Pelaez - Director of Coaching- armando.pelaez@liverpoolfcamerica.com
Adam Flynn- Technical Director- adam.flynn@liverpoolfcamerica.com
Tony Merola- Academy Manager- tony.merola@liverpoolfcamerica.com
Nancy Lane- Director of Communication and Administration- nancy.lane@liverpoolfcamerica.com

blackcleatsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 9/6/2015, 3:14 pm

That letter is about going age pure. We KNOW that's a done deal. Removing the age restriction for playing up is what everyone is unsure about.
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allentexan on 9/6/2015, 10:54 pm

Ay idea when it will be final on how North Texas will rule on whether a Jan06- Jul06 player can play up with the05s? Seems like a lot of kids will be looking for teams Smile

allentexan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Academy18 on 9/6/2015, 11:22 pm

Yep good

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcleatsoccerfan on 9/7/2015, 7:13 am

allen04 - right, no mention of the age restriction and nothing about plan regarding that going forward officially from the club. the rumor was that the rule is being rewritten but still in the dark. i just posted it so you guys could see what was said. still waiting........

blackcleatsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tequilaz on 9/7/2015, 10:32 am

Players can play up their first year of (birth year) select eligibility. 04 Academy players cannot play up to select 03 until they are age eligible. It is suprising to me how many parents seem to think playing up is an easy option. My boy has played up for 3 1/2 years and I can tell it has not been easy. He rode the bench the first year, played 50% the second and became a starter the third. Your kid better be tough because he will be laid out flat by bigger, faster players if he is not. Just saying..

tequilaz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backflip on 9/7/2015, 12:13 pm

Does the mandate kick in at Jan '16 or is that just some coaches getting ahead?

backflip
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff on 9/8/2015, 3:44 pm

allentexan wrote:Ay idea when it will be final on how North Texas will rule on whether a Jan06- Jul06 player can play up with the05s?  Seems like a lot of kids will be looking for teams Smile

I hear it's official that the '06s will NOT be allowed to go select. Of course, we need to wait for LP to confirm. Heard there wasn't even a vote.
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Academy18 on 9/9/2015, 11:00 am

Lot of good 07s teams r busted. 07 texans south r mostly all 06ssay bye to that team

Academy18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 9/14/2015, 2:45 pm

Academy18 wrote:Lot of good 07s teams r busted. 07 texans south r mostly all 06ssay bye to that team

Quite a few of the top 08 teams are primarily 07 players. Be interesting to watch how those teams suddenly deal with not being the biggest/baddest kids in the age group as most of those teams have stated then intend to try to stay together and simply play in the 07 age group and let time/attrition move the team.

Also know of a few current 07 teams that are planning to jettison the few 06 players than have and remain in the 07 age division next year.

Know of at least one coach with 2 08 teams teams that are pretty evenly split with enough boys to form both an 07 and an 08 squad. Know of at least 1 Texans coach that has enough 07/08/09 teams to mix and match and form teams from 10 down to 06 most likely (he's got 3 08 teams last I checked).

It's gonna be hardest for coaches that have only a single team in an age group and coaches that don't have teams in multiple age groups (whether in a larger club or independent). They are going to lose/have to add players to remain relevant. The coaches with multiple teams in a single age group will simply re-allocate players by birth year and the coaches with teams in multiple age groups will do the same. The coach with only a single 08 or a single 07 team is going to have a much harder go of it if they aren't able to bring in additional players.

I predict 2 things: 1) parents interested in development will be largely unaffected by this change, some might move as an opportunity presents itself to get on a team with a coach that didn't have room for them previously, others will stay the course with their current coach and 2) parents that want to win are going to be very unhappy with these changes if their child is an Aug-Dec birthday and they are on a top team with primarily Aug-Dec birthdays, predict a LOT of team hopping by those parents as they attempt to retain whatever portion of their ego is invested in their child being on a winning academy soccer team.

Gonna be a fun silly season that likely lasts a full year!

DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum