Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password

D1 CL 03B

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/9/2015, 7:38 pm

The day is finally approaching for the start of CL and we all are so lucky to have an 8 am kickoff since our division is well known for our Love of a bright and early game Twisted Evil.


It looks to be an interesting start with the Texans Leite vs Woodberry and DT South vs Solar Castro.


Stricker wasn't at PLD so I am interested in watching his team square off against Cruz Azul who is returning back to D1 this season.


Trevino had a tough tournament, but I expect that he will be prepared to play against FCDP and hopefully figure out how to stop them from scoring (I would suggest calling DT South).

Odyssey is unstoppable and their other starting Central Defender will be back so I don't see any weakness in their defending third so Hunt will have their hands full because if Odyssey isn't defending....well you get the idea.

Those are my guesses (aka predictions)

Tell me where I am wrong cause I usually am wrong about something.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/12/2015, 1:12 pm

Solar Stricker 4-1 Cruz Azul

Odyssey 1-1 LFCA Hunt

FCDP 3-0 LFCA Trevino

DT Leite 3-1 DT Woodberry

Solar Castro 1-0 DT South

Any comments?
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by robben on 9/12/2015, 6:31 pm

It could be very interesting to see comments about the Odyssey-LP Hunt game.
avatar
robben
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by mnimon on 9/12/2015, 7:03 pm

It was a good game. One team plays possession and has trouble finishing other goes deep with big fast kids. Weather was awesome
How is that for generic:)

mnimon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-11-24

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/12/2015, 8:42 pm

Odyssey vs LFCA was a nail biter and I was surprised that Hunt was able to force Odyssey to shift their focus on getting the score level, but Odyssey showed why they are tops and pulled out a draw as expected.


Hunt deserves and earns recognition for being a challenger against one of the Best if not the Best team in our division.


Next match between these two teams will be a must see and I think that Hunt plays with the high intensity that is required against a high tempo, well organized Odyssey attack.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by GotNoGame on 9/13/2015, 6:04 pm

PremierLeagueFan, it appears not many people have thoughts on this weekend (which I think is unfortunate). I noticed that only two teams held the adversary scoreless this weekend. Were you at these two teams' games? What did you think, and what are your thoughts on those two teams being ranked one and two at the end of the fall season?

GotNoGame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Join date : 2015-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/13/2015, 8:04 pm

I went from game to game and got a good look at each team.

Stricker added a few new players and they fit nicely with the existing team. I have high hopes for Cruz Azul this year, but Stricker looked and played every bit like the top 5 team that they are and by the end of the game they were totally in control and got the result to prove it.

Castro and Adames was a long drawn out fight and the win went to Castro as the result of a loose ball in the box. Obviously Castro's players are experienced enough to take advantage of an opportunity so that was all the difference. I am surprised that they are so similar in execution to the big brothers considering that they are a mix of Joy, Castro, and even Adames and yet they play like they have been on the same team for many seasons.

The FC Dallas result doesn't tell the whole story about Trevino. The talk was that Trevino had a bad tournament and was not going to be competitive and that was terrible advice because they are very competitive and frankly had some really bad luck on some excellent shots on goal that should have leveled the game up in the first half. The second half went scoreless so my takeaway would be to play Trevino with all you have because they can and will win against the top teams and you don't want that deer in the headlight look because you didn't take good advice.

Leite and Woodberry played a good game and in all fairness I expected Leite to win and they did. The tone of the game was upbeat and I saw the boys talking and working towards their scoring solutions which were a team effort. Leite let them play and supported their efforts and got the result he needed. The real test will come when they play their next game against a tougher opponent that they don't know.

Honestly it is too early to pick the top 2 but I would say that Castro is off to a good start with a win against Adames who beat FC Dallas in PLD.

That being said, lets see how Odyssey, Solar Stricker, and FC Dallas Play out since they will decide everyone's final position and they know how to grind out a win or a tie on any team in D1.

Trevino has the ability to be a Top 5 spoiler and I would venture to say that they have enough fight to play the hard driving game against Castro and they are a team full of hard players who can play physical.


Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 9/13/2015, 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to answer second question)
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by Number13 on 9/14/2015, 8:00 am

All the teams played at the same time.  Tough to watch them all in any detail.  

If you don't give somebody enough credit, BBs team guaranteed to lose to that team.   That said, quite sure FCD are the top team.   And, if they wish, they can be even stronger by expanding their dual rostering.    Mille viae ducunt homines per saecula Romam.   Maybe Stricker is the competition for FCD, they probably at least won't have an athletic disadvantage vs anybody, and they win the prize for first red of the testosterone era.   Witness the immorality!   Very Happy

Its a fairly long season.   Maybe some (other) kids will actually grow this year.   In the end, have to score goals and not make insane mistakes or the margins get pretty fine.   Has always been easier said than done.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1433
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/14/2015, 10:21 am

Number13 wrote:
Its a fairly long season.   Maybe some (other) kids will actually grow this year.   In the end, have to score goals and not make insane mistakes or the margins get pretty fine.   Has always been easier said than done.  

That is the answer...no mistakes and you better score or it ain't gonna happen.

I still think we are all level in the top 5 but I agree that FCD is definitely in the running.

The last game between FCD and Odyssey was won on a direct free kick by FCD who was struggling to address the Ody attack that kept penetrating the strong FCD defense. I am fairly certain you noticed one of your star players flying through the air and heading in a blocked shot that should have been a great save instead of a textbook alley-oop to goal.


Odyssey carried the ball well, but got jammed up on the finish because they were looking for the perfect combine for an impressive Barcelona style goal that is the nature of all creative players who have skill and talent.

Leveling the Hunt game was never a concern for me and I knew it would happen because Odyssey isn't finished until the whistle blows and play even better when they feel pressured.

Sorry, not gonna underestimate Odyssey, that is just a bad idea and with only one game played, nothing has been decided except that your excellent guideline posted above is a law and not a hypothesis.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by backflip on 9/14/2015, 3:57 pm

Did Mexico actually play NTFC -- weird that it's the only game without a recorded result from D1 or D2 over the weekend.

backflip
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/14/2015, 6:45 pm

Mexico won 3-1 against NTFC and they are a big fast team that works the ball well. NTFC is still recovering from the PLD(as are many others) and they have a few players with injuries. All in all Mexico was bigger and took control in the last half of the game.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by Soccer27 on 9/14/2015, 7:15 pm

Is this the same Mexico team that lost in PLD tournament?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/14/2015, 7:21 pm

It is the same Mexico FC team that made it to the quarterfinals. NTFC made it to the semifinals of PLD.

NTFC is a good team and is adjusting to the changes of division 2 that don't favor individual play like division 3.

in Division 3 some Superstar player can carry the ball across the entire pitch. In Division 2 a superstar player learns that a passing team can take the ball and counter attack. in Division 1 there are no SuperStars anymore.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by GrimReaperD on 9/16/2015, 10:19 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Solar Stricker 4-1 Cruz Azul

Odyssey 1-1 LFCA Hunt

FCDP 3-0 LFCA Trevino

DT Leite 3-1 DT Woodberry

Solar Castro 1-0 DT South

Any comments?


PLF, please tell me your bb was out there playing and you just weren't out there in the chill with your cute blanky to watch these teams play for the sake of the post.

I'll break it down for you;

Solar Stricker 4-1 Cruz Azul - Solar has a team that can win and has stayed intact for the most part which is huge these days. CA does not have what it takes to stop a team like this. Stricker finishes top 5 easily, CA is lucky there are a couple teams weaker than them in the division.

Odyssey vs. Hunt - Odyssey tends to have let downs on occasion which can cost them. If I remember correctly, last season they tied the non-achieving Liverpool Toshack team to everyone's surprise, this year they tied a lower division FCD team in a tourny and now Hunt. Personally I put that on the coach, one team up for it the other likely taking it too lightly. Doesn't matter, Odyssey climbs out of it, Hunt ends up towards the bottom.

FCDP vs. LP Trevino - FCD strategy is clear for the top team. Keep roster small with lots of spots for dual roster pa kids. On their own they are an average team, with dual roster kids playing they are the top team. Not really fair on other teams but FCD trying to keep all the better kids happy with playing time. They typically have pick of the litter, so kids that have developed early on end up on these teams, as can clearly be seen by their back line. Trevino is not a good coach, but still has a few kids that give him a chance. Over time all his teams have issues and the trend always points in one direction.....downwards.

DT Leite vs. DT Woodberry - Not much to say here other than these teams are not D1 worthy.

Solar Castro vs. DT South - Solar team looks to be playing well but have weaknesses which can and will be exposed. Coach certainly has them pointed in the right direction. Expect to see a couple kids moved down from the pa team before it's all said and done. DT South, typical feisty team that can do well at times, but limited by coaching.

Here's how it ends up;

FCDP
Odyssey
Solar Castro
Solar Stricker
DT South
LP Trevino
LP Hunt
Cruz Azul
DT Leite
DT Woodberry

The real fights within the division will be for spots 2, 3, 4, between Odyssey, SC, SS. Just don't see DTS beating those teams on a regular basis. DT South and LP Trevino may swap spots, but the rest should be about right.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by Number13 on 9/16/2015, 10:48 am

GrimReaperD wrote:


PLF, please tell me your bb was out there playing and you just weren't out there in the chill with your cute blanky to watch these teams play for the sake of the post.

I'll break it down for you;


Odyssey vs. Hunt - Odyssey tends to have let downs on occasion which can cost them.  If I remember correctly, last season they tied the non-achieving Liverpool Toshack team to everyone's surprise, this year they tied a lower division FCD team in a tourny and now Hunt.  Personally I put that on the coach, one team up for it the other likely taking it too lightly.  Doesn't matter, Odyssey climbs out of it, Hunt ends up towards the bottom.

PLF kid playing for top team.   Still seems hard to watch every game unless he has drones over Richland College.  

U12 CL D1:   Oct 25, 2014.   Ody 2-LPT 0
                   Apr 12, 2015.   Ody 5-LPT 0

Lost to them 3-1 in U11.  

Odyssey doesn't shoot much, so they don't score much.   So sometimes giving up a goal, even if against run of play, is no bueno if first priority is getting 3 points.  Witness Bates games last year.  Shrug.   Pretty sure getting 3 points is not the priority, which is likely on the coach, but perhaps more to his credit.   Quite sure in the end the team will do fine.   But sure, if you don't play to win first and foremost you likely won't win enough games to fight for the asterisk.   Think will be doing well to get 2nd.  

Not taking anything away from Hunt.  They were aggressive, hustled, have a number of huge kids relative to ours, and had some breakaways.  Good for them.  Ody scrimmaged them, and played them in PLD...all in the past few weeks, and its pretty clear that is not a great matchup.   So doubt anybody taking anyone lightly.   Would guess other teams a little better equipped to handle fast/big.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1433
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/16/2015, 12:09 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:
PLF, please tell me your bb was out there playing and you just weren't out there in the chill with your cute blanky to watch these teams play for the sake of the post.

Trash Talking me already and we are only one game in...I'll have you know that was a Man Sized Neck warmer filled with goose down



The real fights within the division will be for spots 2, 3, 4, between Odyssey, SC, SS.  Just don't see DTS beating those teams on a regular basis.  DT South and LP Trevino may swap spots, but the rest should be about right.

I think you are being too easy on FCDP in the Top 5 rankings because I think Stricker is probably Castro's Kryptonite and I know that Odyssey looks to be FCDP's if they start scoring. (PLD result was not decisive and even though Odyssey may have had the scoring problem, they had no problem penetrating the FCDP defense)

I have to see more games before I make my Top 5 guess/prediction because I think Trevino and maybe Hunt could be spoilers.

I know you don't see Trevino, but I am telling you they should have leveled it against FCDP in the first half with some really good strikes that were a team effort. The second half was scoreless so obviously Trevino adjusted because FCDP is not a team that will stop attacking the goal for any reason. Trevino will have a breakout game and you will see what I saw.(Or they won't and you will remind me of that every week so I don't forget) Twisted Evil
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by robben on 9/16/2015, 9:37 pm

Yes, first half LP Trevino (coached by Shell )had some opportunities and the game was even. Second half was about LP Trevino-Shell trying to score while FCDP was very dangerous on the counterattack, including a post and excellent goalkeeping. Maybe a 4-2 could have been more realistic but the balance was in favor of FCDP.
avatar
robben
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 47
Join date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by zero on 9/17/2015, 7:47 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
GrimReaperD wrote:
PLF, please tell me your bb was out there playing and you just weren't out there in the chill with your cute blanky to watch these teams play for the sake of the post.

Trash Talking me already and we are only one game in...I'll have you know that was a Man Sized Neck warmer filled with goose down



The real fights within the division will be for spots 2, 3, 4, between Odyssey, SC, SS.  Just don't see DTS beating those teams on a regular basis.  DT South and LP Trevino may swap spots, but the rest should be about right.

I think you are being too easy on FCDP in the Top 5 rankings because I think Stricker is probably Castro's Kryptonite and I know that Odyssey looks to be FCDP's if they start scoring. (PLD result was not decisive and even though Odyssey may have had the scoring problem, they had no problem penetrating the FCDP defense)

I have to see more games before I make my Top 5 guess/prediction because I think Trevino and maybe Hunt could be spoilers.

I know you don't see Trevino, but I am telling you they should have leveled it against FCDP in the first half with some really good strikes that were a team effort. The second half was scoreless so obviously Trevino adjusted because FCDP is not a team that will stop attacking the goal for any reason. Trevino will have a breakout game and you will see what I saw.(Or they won't and you will remind me of that every week so I don't forget) Twisted Evil

Now this is just gibberish. Stricker is Castro's kryptonite?

1) The team that beat Castro is no longer around. He jettisoned 25% of the kids from the team that won that game. When you break up the only team in TX (same age group) to have beaten Castro you better know wha you are doing. Anything less than a 2nd or 3rd place finish is a complete and utter failure. Its one thing to have no ethics or morals and win. Its another to lose. If he comes in 1st or 2nd then it is obvious he knew what he was doing.

2) Even that team the last time they played Castro they lost 5 -0. I would hardly call someone Kryptonite when they lose 5-0.

IMO the only team that gets a pass is Castro as he took over Gold.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/17/2015, 8:05 am

I think you should let Castro and Stricker play and then make a decision because Stricker will force Castro adjust to their size and speed and they both want to win CL and go to the Dallas Cup.

CL will bring out the best in both teams and I think Stricker has the chance to be the team that has their number. Each team has another CL team that just seems to be able to beat them regardless of their standing and I guessed Stricker for Castro so let it play out and see what happens.

Which team other than Stricker do you think has the traits to be Castro's kryptonite?


Anyhow, this weekend is Castro vs FCDP which should be a good challenge and I will really enjoy watching those two battle it out this weekend because I am certain Castro wants to make a statement in this game.

Just for clarification, I am not talking about Diego Castro's PA/PPL team.


Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 9/17/2015, 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by zero on 9/17/2015, 8:38 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:I think you should let Castro and Stricker play and then make a decision because Stricker will force Castro adjust to their size and speed and they both want to win CL and go to the Dallas Cup.

CL will bring out the best in both teams and I think Stricker has the chance to be the team that has their number. Each team has another CL team that just seems to be able to beat them regardless of their standing and I guessed Stricker for Castro so let it play out and see what happens.

Which team other than Stricker do you think has the traits to be Castro's kryptonite?


Anyhow, this weekend is Castro vs FCDP which should be a good challenge and I will really enjoy watching those two battle it out this weekend because I am certain Castro wants to make a statement in this game.

I think this weekend will be a good test. As I said Castro gets a pass due to him getting Gold (who was near the bottom). I realize that some of his players came from his #1 team so we will see what happens. It looks as if he already has Gold improved, but does that mean #1, #5 or in between. Guess we will see. CL brings out the best in every team so I am not sure what that line means. I think there are multiple teams that can have Castro's number as he has a whole new team meaning I am not sure he has the #1 team anymore. In my estimation Striker, Leite, and Odyssey need to finish in the top 3 or they ultimately end up going in the wrong direction. I know all 3 made multiple roster changes so we will see if they knew what they were doing or if they failed.

In the end you asked who could be Castro's kyrpotnite? I guess my 3 would be Odyssey, Stricker, or FC Dallas.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/17/2015, 8:58 am

I think Leite is going to struggle and I don't imagine they will remain in the top 5 by the end of the season because they are almost a total rebuild and D1 is the worst division.for development.

The Kryptonite thing isn't about your best competitors or the top team, it's about the one team that just beats you no matter what and it's kind of funny because it's the team that gets the better calls or more set plays or a crazy opening to goal on an error. It's just a conversation piece and it is usually a team that trips you up on your own game.

Last year it was Bates for my BB's team. Bates beat us both times and it was so frustrating because we just couldn't get it together against them and for no particular reason we just came up short each time we played them. At least we had the consolation of them becoming a Top 5 team.

The CL standings are important to the players and each week everyone wants to know where each team is ranked within the CL Table. Some games have more significance to the ranking and that gets the players all fired up which usually brings out their best play. I like the games that result in a positional change in the CL table because they really are competitive, but only seem to happen with great frequency in the first half of the season.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by Number13 on 9/17/2015, 3:45 pm

zero wrote:In my estimation Striker, Leite, and Odyssey need to finish in the top 3 or they ultimately end up going in the wrong direction.  I know all 3 made multiple roster changes so we will see if they knew what they were doing or if they failed.  


That seems like an odd three to lump together.  I would guess the retention at Stricker and Odyssey is the highest in the league with Trevino.   You say Stricker kept 75% and jettisoned 25%.   Ody initially offered 100%...ended up keeping 80%.   I would guess Leite retained...I don't know, 25%.   PA or else kids fleeing.   I would guess if Marcio had his way, he would have had a lot more returnees.   So not sure anybody should get judged on their drastic planned roster reshuffles or mismanagement of the transfer budget.  

I guess anybody who finishes lower than last year is going in the wrong direction though, fair enough.   Will be impressed if Leite is near the top.  

Basically you are first and get to go to Dallas Cup, you are 9th-10th and get to go to D2, or you are in the great unwashed masses in the middle.   Assume BB's team will be in amongst the hoi polloi.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1433
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by Soccer27 on 9/21/2015, 8:42 am

Great win by oddessey over LP Rush.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 362
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by Number13 on 9/21/2015, 8:57 am

Soccer27 wrote:Great win by oddessey over LP Rush.

LP only had 12 dressed out due to injuries, and seemed to get another hurt, so they got tired...it was real humid. Game was back/forth in the first half.

But, yeah sure, now is the time to rain out the rest of the season and declare 1st place the champs.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1433
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by GrimReaperD on 9/22/2015, 10:51 pm

13 is just being nice. Call it what you'd like it's a 6 - 0 thumping. Still think they'll play the spoiler role PLF? Perhaps it will start this weekend against South. 9 goals against in two games and zilcho goals for, not a pretty picture. The arrow points in the same direction for this team and most all of Liverpool's for that matter.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum