Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 3 Classic League U11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 3 Classic League U11

Post by lostinlife on 9/18/2015, 1:34 pm

Lots of unexpected scores last week. Taking a stab at this weekend's games

Week 3 Classic League Predictions:

East Texas Wildcatters SC vs Dallas Kicks SC 0-3
Liverpool Dalglish vs Dallas Texans SC Red (Hodder) 1-2
Fever United vs FC Dallas Premier 0-7
Ayses Gold vs Dallas Texans SC Dallas (Nazari) 0-4
FC Premier Green (Opoku) vs FC Dallas Red (Gomez) 1-4
Dallas Cosmos vs FC Premier (Forzi) 1-3
Dallas Texans SC Fort Worth vs Andromeda Carillo 1-0
FC Dallas South Red vs Dallas Texans South 3-2
FC Dallas Pino vs Dallas Tigres Draw 2-2
FC Dallas ETX vs FC Dallas East (Hedges) 0-2

D2
Fuego FC vs Colleyville SA Evolution Green 2-1
FC Dallas White (Crispino) vs Dallas Texans West Connell 1-2
FC Dallas North Red (Lopez) vs FC Dallas North Blue (Molina) Draw 2-2
Texas Toros SC vs Andromeda Sawyer 2-0
FC Dallas Central vs Athletico Espanol 1-3

lostinlife
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 3 Classic League U11

Post by Rancho4C on 9/18/2015, 3:09 pm

LP Yocum vs DT Hodder should be a really good match up! I'm thinking this will be the game of week, although FCD Pino vs Dallas Tigres looks to be a thriller as well..... fun stuff! cheers
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx on 9/18/2015, 3:27 pm

It is amazing how quiet this board is compared to right before qualifying.  

What is everyone going to do come next year when everything goes to birth year? Are the 05 birth years going to play up or stay in U11? I have no idea what our or our team's plans are as of yet. What are the splits on the current U11 teams between 04s and 05s. There could be some drastic changes in these teams come next season. Then there is U12 USSDA starting next season as well.

As for this weekend, I think the Hodder/Liverpool game should be the game of the week as well.

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C on 9/18/2015, 4:59 pm

No kidding, I hear crickets chirping......

We're in the same boat Shasta, split just about 50/50 on birth year. I'm not sure what the answer is but I'm thinking we'll stay just about the same for next year. I guess a lot will have to do with what our coach will do and what the other teams are going to do as well. It's still early so I could be terribly wrong but I just don't see 9v9 to be all that appealing if we did go to age pure. I haven't discussed it with my boy but I know he loves his team and is happy. This whole thing kinda sucks!
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercity on 9/21/2015, 8:20 am

Did get terribly quiet, but dont worry I am sure somebody will fire this board back up. Maybe its the calm before the storm.

With the 05s (and other ages too) it will be interesting to see how they transition the teams. Figure this will take place in July, and maybe run a 6 month cycle try to align teams by age pure. With the new full season starting at the beginning of 2017. Would be to hectic to transition until then.

soccercity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 9/21/2015, 11:45 am

With the new full season starting at the beginning of 2017.

It makes sense that they shift the season to start in January; but I haven't read or heard that anywhere. Classic league say it in a meeting?
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic_llama on 9/21/2015, 11:46 am

soccercity wrote:Did get terribly quiet, but dont worry I am sure somebody will fire this board back up. Maybe its the calm before the storm.

With the 05s (and other ages too) it will be interesting to see how they transition the teams. Figure this will take place in July, and maybe run a 6 month cycle try to align teams by age pure. With the new full season starting at the beginning of 2017. Would be to hectic to transition until then.

From what I have been told, there will be no transitional period. Next years soccer contracts will run July 2016-June 2017, fall/spring season. Just like it is now. The only difference for the current 05 age group will be that they will not be 05s anymore. They will become the new age pure 04s (U12) for next July. Our current Jan-July 05s can either play up with the new age pure 04s (U12) or they can find a new age pure 05 team that will play 9v9 for U11.

I dont think USSF cares how hectic it will be for us. If they did care they would have grandfathered all competitive teams. I agree with the small sided games up to U12 but the age pure thing to me is just non sense. Moving the age by 6 months will not change a thing. Someone will still be the oldest and someone will still be the youngest. Having the soccer year coincide with school year makes the most sense. What is going to happen to all the kids who deiced to play up with their current team when they are seniors in high school and 2/3rds of their team has already graduated?

chronic_llama
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 9/21/2015, 12:19 pm

If your bb is a Jan-Jul birth month, they will replay their current age group (U11 in this case). For the Aug-Dec birth month players, they will move up to the next age group in 2016 (U12).

For example, If you bb is a true 05 and plays on Rancho4C's team, they will play on that team again next year in the same age group, but move from 11v11 to 9v9.

The late birth year kids are the one's who have to find a new team...
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercity on 9/21/2015, 12:27 pm

chronic_llama wrote:From what I have been told, there will be no transitional period. Next years soccer contracts will run July 2016-June 2017, fall/spring season. Just like it is now. The only difference for the current 05 age group will be that they will not be 05s anymore. They will become the new age pure 04s (U12) for next July. Our current Jan-July 05s can either play up with the new age pure 04s (U12) or they can find a new age pure 05 team that will play 9v9 for U11.

I dont think USSF cares how hectic it will be for us. If they did care they would have grandfathered all competitive teams.  I agree with the small sided games up to U12 but the age pure thing to me is just non sense. Moving the age by 6 months will not change a thing. Someone will still be the oldest and someone will still be the youngest. Having the soccer year coincide with school year makes the most sense. What is going to happen to all the kids who deiced to play up with their current team when they are seniors in high school and 2/3rds of their team has already graduated?

Some of those 05s are going to have to play with the new 05s or there will be a shortage of teams next season, so you will prob get some clubs pushing these kids down to play. I really didnt like this to begin with, but what can you do? It is what it is and we'll have to adapt.

How can you run the season the same time (Jul-Jun), if the time periods dont match up? That just seems to make it even more confusing....

soccercity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic_llama on 9/21/2015, 12:40 pm

finish1 wrote:If your bb is a Jan-Jul birth month, they will replay their current age group (U11 in this case). For the Aug-Dec birth month players, they will move up to the next age group in 2016 (U12).

For example, If you bb is a true 05 and plays on Rancho4C's team, they will play on that team again next year in the same age group, but move from 11v11 to 9v9.

The late birth year kids are the one's who have to find a new team...

I'm not sure I follow you. For example my kid is a oct 04 kid playing on a 05 team, right now. From what we have been told by Classic, next year our team bye will be for U12 (04 age pure). Its the current kids Jan-July 05 that would have the option to play up with current team or find a new 05 team to play age pure with.

chronic_llama
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 9/21/2015, 1:03 pm

Interesting. I heard just the opposite, but my source was not Classic League. Thanks for clarifying. That's good news for late birth year bbs who's dad also coaches the team.

If you add the DA/PA into the equation next year, most of the top 04/05 kids will be leaving CL anyway. So, expect massive turnover from your current team in these two age groups.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 9/21/2015, 1:15 pm

chronic_llama wrote:

I'm not sure I follow you. For example my kid is a oct 04 kid playing on a 05 team, right now. From what we have been told by Classic, next year our team bye will be for U12 (04 age pure). Its the current kids Jan-July 05 that would have the option to play up with current team or find a new 05 team to play age pure with.

This is how it is happening.   This way everybody CAN stay on the same team if they want.   They won't, but they could.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C on 9/21/2015, 2:11 pm

Number13 wrote:
chronic_llama wrote:

This is how it is happening.   This way everybody CAN stay on the same team if they want.   They won't, but they could.

The deterrents for a 05 birth year kiddo ( born Jan-July 05) to play age pure are

1) would have to play 9v9 for the next two years, no more 11v11, which my bb loves
2) would have to re-qualify for Classic on a new team
3) would have to find a new team, we all know that not all age pure 05's on a current will leave together or even leave at all.
4) more than likely would have a new coach with different style of play and a different set of expectations
5) new parents, I'm just getting use to ones we have now, jk Laughing
I'm probably leaving some stuff out, feel free to add

Attractions to making the switch

1) more touches in 9v9
2) you son is now one of the older kids, therefore becoming the stud you always knew he could be, jk.
3) not playing with kids that could possibly be up to a year and 8 months older.
4) smooth transition to PA/DA, if that's your thing
5) possibility of new hot moms! Twisted Evil
Please feel free to add to this list as well.

Who knows what the right move or maybe non-move is? I'm still confused as to what the whole age pure thing will accomplish... as Chronicllama said...you still have older kids and younger kids on a team.
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercity on 9/21/2015, 2:33 pm

I am fine with the 9x9 due to the more touches.

Dont forget for some re-qualifying for classic might be an attraction.....

Another attraction is getting the board fired up again about the craziness that will occur with all this.

soccercity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C on 9/21/2015, 2:47 pm

soccercity wrote:I am fine with the 9x9 due to the more touches.

Dont forget for some re-qualifying for classic might be an attraction.....

Another attraction is getting the board fired up again about the craziness that will occur with all this.

True, I didn't think of re-qualifying as a good thing since it was a stressful time for us but if it went sour then a "mulligan" would be appealing.

Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum