Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What happens when game is suspended?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What happens when game is suspended?

Post by 34blast on 10/12/2015, 12:04 am

I went to a friend's son game in Plano at Carpenter this weekend, Plano Premier League. There was a commotion on the field next to ours. I'm told the game ended or was suspended because of punches being thrown by players. What happens in that case? Is the scores recorded as a win for the team ahead at the time, or do both teams forfeit? Or does it depend? It had to be in the second half, since it was the second half of the game I was watching.

34blast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: What happens when game is suspended?

Post by Beast_04 on 10/12/2015, 12:23 pm

Below is an excerpt from the PYSA Competitive Rules (Section 8. Games, Subsection C. Forfeitures, #6), the funny thing is that it only specifies "Any adult,spectator, coach, assistant coach or manager that that causes", but not player, so don't know if this would necessarily apply, and if so, it would depend on which team they blamed for it.

Any adult,spectator, coach, assistant coach or manager that that causes the official
to abandon the game will result in a mandatory forfeit with a win and maximum
points to be awarded to the opposing team and the responsible party will be required
to attend a hearing where additional penalties may be assessed It is the refereeā€™s
discretion to have the player go to the parking lot or remain at the field. If the referee
allows the player to remain on the sideline, that player must put on their alternate
jersey.
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum