Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

AP Consequences

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AP Consequences

Post by SoloJonz on 11/17/2015, 9:07 pm

Does anyone know how CL will be handling new AP reconfigured teams? Do the current 02 teams/CL spots lose their 01 players or do the established CL spots for 02 simply become 01?

SoloJonz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: AP Consequences

Post by debit on 11/18/2015, 8:19 am

I don't think it's been announced yet. Actually I don't think they've even decided how to handle it yet.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap on 11/18/2015, 2:23 pm

The original thought was CL would keep the teams with the older boys (fall babies)..meaning the Current 02 Divisions would go to 2001 next year, but NOW the word on the street is they are going to leave it with the younger boys (spring babies)....meaning the Current 02 Divisions will go to 2002's.

Heard it's coming down from the mountain in the next few weeks or so...maybe even January.

Not sure the reasons why, but speaking in Linear terms, this is cleaner....meaning a U14 ABC FC 02B team will simply be U15 ABC FC 02B next year (only having to change players on the roster)...Rather than a U14 ABC FC 02B team having to become a U16 ABC FC 01B team. (changing roster also, but also skipping U15 and having to Change names too)

Clear as mud?

My source is pretty dang credible on this one...but if anyone else can second it, feel free.
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 11/18/2015, 2:29 pm

Medcap that sounds like the easiest and best way to transfer the classic byes. I don't see how a team U13 gets a bye in U15. What about a U14 team that is pure age now moves up to U15 with their bye. Your looking at a mixture of teams and the possibility of more than 10 byes in one division.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 11/18/2015, 4:29 pm

So, the Aug-Dec. kids jump two years in league.  Not a big deal, except for the older kids.  Aug.-Dec. 99 kids will be in U19 next year after competing in U16 this year where they will compete with 98's and I guess any 97's who choose to compete.  97 birthdays will tuirn 19 in year 2016, so they will get a chance to compete.  

Who gets the Regional Premier and National league designations?  I presume the younger ones will get it.

earbucket
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie on 11/18/2015, 5:25 pm

So then what happens to those smaller independent teams that decide to stay together. If they currently have a bye and there is no younger team to give the bye to, does the older group get it or does that bye disappear now and the team has to requalify?

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sscaztecas on 11/18/2015, 5:36 pm

U14 team this year becomes u15 next year with kids born in 2002 only. The bye will not be lost, teams just have to drop the fall 01' bb's.
sscaztecas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 11/19/2015, 8:17 am

LOL
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FrancoBaresi on 11/19/2015, 8:23 am

So does that mean if your bb is a Fall 01 now, playing in U14 he will bypass U15 and go into U16 in the Fall of 2016??
FrancoBaresi
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 11/19/2015, 8:56 am

FrancoBaresi wrote:So does that mean if your bb is a Fall 01 now, playing in U14 he will bypass U15 and go into U16 in the Fall of 2016??

Yes
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap on 11/19/2015, 9:14 am

That's the plan...but think about it this way:

The TEAM and the TEAM'S Roster are Two very Separate things.

Don't believe me, just ask the players that were on a team in U12 and have been cut....or the coach that coached in U13 that was removed... :-)

Keeping the TEAM on its course from U12 02 to U13 02 to U14 02 to U15 02 seems to make the most sense.

The roster for that Team may turn over but TBH the roster turns over a little bit every year anyway.

Totally sucks for the Fall Boys.....but if it were the other way, then it would totally suck for the Spring Boys.
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 11/19/2015, 10:33 am

but if it were the other way, then it would totally suck for the Spring Boys.

Nope; it wouldn't suck for the Spring Boys; because they can CHOOSE to stay and play up. They would have options in relation to their current team.

The way y'all are suggesting sucks because the older boys don't have the option to stay and can't choose to play down. This is way more disruptive and IF true just another example of the big clubs bending over the independents.
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 11/19/2015, 10:42 am

I agree this method is way more disruptive, but I'm biased because my kids have fall birthdays.

Also think most rosters have a high percentage of fall birthday kids because those are the BFS kids, right. That's what we're always whining about on this forum. Assuming many teams are BFS teams and have fall birth kids there will be major roster churn--moreso that usual and keeping with these assumptions, most starters are probably fall birth. Teams will retain their bye, but be left with the small slow bench warmers---but at least those kids will get more playing time now. Plus this will make our national team better.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 11/19/2015, 11:39 am

allen04 wrote:
but if it were the other way, then it would totally suck for the Spring Boys.

Nope; it wouldn't suck for the Spring Boys; because they can CHOOSE to stay and play up.  They would have options in relation to their current team.

The way y'all are suggesting sucks because the older boys don't have the option to stay and can't choose to play down.  This is way more disruptive and IF true just another example of the big clubs bending over the independents.

TOTALLY AGREE.

With no option to "Play Down" (and about half our team being Fall 01's), it will really mess everything up. I had heard many of our 02's were planning on sticking with the team and playing up. Given the scenario above, it basically kills the team, takes the 01 boys and shoves their hard work to get to (and stay) in D1 up their backsides. Basically a too bad...go find another team and requalify. Oh and by the way, you also get to skip U15. If this turns out to be the case, I will be really upset. Of course, I typically am anyway. Shocked

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloJonz on 11/19/2015, 11:44 am

Trying not to be too cynical...I think the decision will be made by what increases $$ to the most influential...

SoloJonz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 11/19/2015, 11:59 am

SoloJonz wrote:Trying not to be too cynical...I think the decision will be made by what increases $$ to the most influential...

No doubt about that.

So in this scenario... I'm going to use my son't LFC team as an example. We're a D1 02' team... The LFC 01' team is D2.

1: All D1 Fall 01's would be combined (somehow) with the D2 Spring 01's and we'd stay in D2 CL.
2: Same as above except that D1 Fall 01's might be split up amongst other Spring 01 LFC teams regardless of Division (so not only "hosing" the kids by moving to D2, but potentially D3 or not in CL at all).

3: Same as above for 03's, but giving them the benefit of staying on D1 team since they have (2) D1 teams in both U13 and U14 currently.

4: Trickle these scenarios to all clubs.

Basically, any Fall players have the real likelihood of being knocked out of their division in CL or in best scenario, they fall to a sister team that is in same. In my son's case, the best case scenario would be #1 on my list...Relegated to a D2 team. And of course all of this depends on space available on the merged teams.

Kill me now.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FrancoBaresi on 11/19/2015, 12:04 pm

Agreeing with CCM.  My bb's team is half 01's and half 02's with my son being the Fall 01.  So he (the 01's) will get screwed.  Bypassing U15 and going right to U16. Your LFC dilemma will effect all clubs with multiple teams in the same age and league. 

Agreeing with SoloJonz we will not know what will happen until the last minute (as usual).  Most likely it will be in the interest of who benefits financially as opposed to the kids.  It would be nice for CL to make a ruling so the clubs could make decisions thus players would know where they stand.
FrancoBaresi
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 11/19/2015, 12:05 pm

Why don't they just make this rule for newcomers and grandfather in those that have been with teams?  If you're Fall 01 and new to a team, you must join the 01 team.  The Fall 01's stay where they are (on a 02 team) unless they choose to join a new team and are subject to new rules.  New clubs must adhere to new rules. Easy Peasy.

Just a thought that no one will consider... Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by CCM on 11/19/2015, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 11/19/2015, 12:12 pm

allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloJonz on 11/19/2015, 12:13 pm

I think the most impactful thing is that, no matter what, half the team (if the ages are evenly split) is going to lose their coach. I understand the D1/D2 is a reality, but the coach change is more imortant.

SoloJonz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by layinlow on 11/19/2015, 12:13 pm

What happens with a team like my sons team. Currently in PPL but will try for Classic this Spring. They're an 05 team that is mainly 04s. Let's say they make it to Classic but what other than the club is it good for? The majority of the team 75% won't even be on the team a month later. It's like putting 4 college football teams in next years playoffs based on what they do this year. It makes no sense.

layinlow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 11/19/2015, 12:16 pm

SoloJonz wrote:I think the most impactful thing is that, no matter what, half the team (if the ages are evenly split) is going to lose their coach.  I understand the D1/D2 is a reality, but the coach change is more imortant.

That can be a good thing for some. Smile

My concern is the space. There is no way there will be an even split on every team...thus kids will be split even further. A group of them may move to another team, but due to space 1 or more might get moved somewhere else. How bad would that suck for the kids that have been playing together forever? What a complete and utter mess.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloJonz on 11/19/2015, 12:28 pm

Huge mess. Individual Big Club/Independent teams will want to keep their hard earned D1/2/3 spots and just have the 'label' changed 02 -> 01. Team members that are '02 can choose to continue or move to their AP level.

Big Clubs will want everything ripped apart. Easier for them to move kids around, squash independent teams.

SoloJonz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 11/19/2015, 12:31 pm

SoloJonz wrote:Huge mess.  Individual Big Club/Independent teams will want to keep their hard earned D1/2/3 spots and just have the 'label' changed 02 -> 01.  Team members that are '02 can choose to continue or move to their AP level.

Big Clubs will want everything ripped apart.  Easier for them to move kids around, squash independent teams.

Excellent point.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 11/19/2015, 12:35 pm

And even these examples that you have presented may be too simple. What about when my fall age kid is in a highly specialized position like GK, but the next older age team in my club has a spring GK that will stay with the team.

What about if my kid was big and fast because he was a Sep birthday playing against a bunch of kids 8 months younger than him, but now he has to compete against kids 6-8 months older than him. Can he even compete on a D1 level anymore or should he step down to D2 or D3 where he can have a realistic shot at playing time.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum