Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Liverpool Elite v. Liverpool Owen

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Liverpool Elite v. Liverpool Owen

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 1/28/2016, 12:04 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
SnookumsConCarne wrote:FC Dallas Spiars is a very good team.
LP Elite's not in it yet.
They'll be facing a hot and cold LP Thundercats team, who will be looking for an upset.

CCM approves the name change, BTW.
tongue

No doubt that Spiars is a good team.  I never said they weren't.

Although LP Elite is not in yet, neither is Spiars.

Finally, I have said all along that LP v. LP will be a very good matchup and that there is no way Owen will bow down to their club mates.

My point was simply that all this bs about one team "deserving" the bid is ridiculous.  Let the game be played and then let the chips fall where they may.  If Elite blows it, they don't get in. If they take care of business, they go to DC based on the long-established tie breaker rules.  Whining about one team "deserving" it ignores the reality of the rules.

Whining?
Whose whining?
I'm not associated with Elite nor FCD.
It's a game played by kids.
So I don't see any reason to get upset and call someone's opinion "BS".

SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales on 1/28/2016, 12:29 pm

SnookumsConCarne wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
They'll be facing a hot and cold LP Thundercats team, who will be looking for an upset.

tongue

Finally, I have said all along that LP v. LP will be a very good matchup and that there is no way Owen will bow down to their club mates.

My point was simply that all this bs about one team "deserving" the bid is ridiculous.  Let the game be played and then let the chips fall where they may.  If Elite blows it, they don't get in. If they take care of business, they go to DC based on the long-established tie breaker rules.  Whining about one team "deserving" it ignores the reality of the rules.

Whining?
Whose whining?
I didn't say you were whining. Frisco Hooligan and Geauxred88 are. They seem to be under some misguided sense of fairness and think a head to head matchup should rule the day rather than the written tie breaker rules. You're right, they're entitled to their opinion. By the same token, I'm entitled to think their opinion is bs.
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 1/28/2016, 12:46 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
SnookumsConCarne wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:

tongue

Whining?
Whose whining?
I didn't say you were whining. Frisco Hooligan and Geauxred88 are. They seem to be under some misguided sense of fairness and think a head to head matchup should rule the day rather than the written tie breaker rules. You're right, they're entitled to their opinion. By the same token, I'm entitled to think their opinion is bs.

Well. You're right.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sokkermom11 on 1/28/2016, 6:01 pm

This is all about Politics. Who comes in first doesn't matter FCD will figure out a way to get their Premier teams in first. Spiars is a great team and I feel they should play in DC if they come in 1st.
Just a reminder: Last year neither FCD teams placed first in the CL, but some how FCD Premier Central was playing. Go figure. Its who FCD wants in the tournament. They don't even pick the TOP FCD team in the bracket. Smile

sokkermom11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 1/28/2016, 7:47 pm

sokkermom11 wrote:This is all about Politics. Who comes in first doesn't matter FCD will figure out a way to get their Premier teams in first.    Spiars is a great team and I feel they should play in DC if  they come in 1st.
Just a reminder: Last year neither FCD teams placed first in the CL, but some how FCD Premier Central was playing. Go figure. Its who FCD wants in the tournament. They don't even pick the TOP FCD team in the bracket. Smile

If I was hosting this tournament and had parents mandatorily volunteering their time, I would also make it that each age bracket has at least 1 of my club's teams in their.
This is all about business, not fairness.

But, isn't this youth soccer thing supposed to be all about development and not solely about rankings and goals scored?
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/6/2016, 3:33 pm

Mandatory/Volunteer/Fundraiser seems to all too prevalent in select soccer. Although, the 3 should never be in the same sentence, yet they are and not technically legal in a lot of cases....sigh

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 on 2/6/2016, 3:43 pm

LP Elite 02 is already listed as a homestay team for the Dallas Cup. Other homestay teams in the U14 age group  list are FC Dallas Youth Academy, FC Dallas Youth 02 Central, and Sporting United.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/6/2016, 4:10 pm

Laroja_2012 wrote:LP Elite 02 is already listed as a homestay team for the Dallas Cup. Other homestay teams in the U14 age group  list are FC Dallas Youth Academy, FC Dallas Youth 02 Central, and Sporting United.

Interesting.  Guess they are giving us no chance tomorrow..   Rolling Eyes

BTW:  FCD Spiars beat LFC Fagen 3-0 today....

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 on 2/6/2016, 4:16 pm

CCM wrote:
Laroja_2012 wrote:LP Elite 02 is already listed as a homestay team for the Dallas Cup. Other homestay teams in the U14 age group  list are FC Dallas Youth Academy, FC Dallas Youth 02 Central, and Sporting United.

They probably needed to have enough teams committed for the homestay program in advance and could not wait for the CL results. good luck tomorrow!

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/6/2016, 4:20 pm

Thank you!

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 2/6/2016, 5:19 pm

Laroja_2012 wrote:
CCM wrote:

They probably needed to have enough teams committed for the homestay program in advance and could not wait for the CL results. good luck tomorrow!

Wow....
Well, if LP Elite does win tomorrow, it won't be an easy win.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 on 2/7/2016, 7:14 pm

Congrats LP Owen on the 2-1 win today. Score was close, anybody have any details on how the game went?
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 2/8/2016, 6:54 am

Beast_04 wrote:Congrats LP Owen on the 2-1 win today.  Score was close, anybody have any details on how the game went?

Evenly matched game.
Lots of communication between both teams.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 2/8/2016, 6:59 am

Solar Stricker defeated DT South 4-0. The big surprise was the lopsided score.

FCD Thornber defeated Andromeda 4-1.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 2/8/2016, 1:57 pm

finish1 wrote:This thread is cracking me up. It doesn't take much to get some folks wound up.

Good to hear some bbs will be training in England next year. I will be in London about a month ahead of you. Have fun and best of luck!

London trip cancelled
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/8/2016, 2:43 pm

SnookumsConCarne wrote:
finish1 wrote:This thread is cracking me up. It doesn't take much to get some folks wound up.

Good to hear some bbs will be training in England next year. I will be in London about a month ahead of you. Have fun and best of luck!

London trip cancelled

And a few of us left with $$$ in the toilet. Evil or Very Mad
Never again will I base a financial decision on the commitment of others. Pretty disappointed.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 2/8/2016, 3:57 pm

Ouch. What happened? Sounds like there was some deposit money lost.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/8/2016, 4:12 pm

Since several pulled out of the trip last minute, those of us that booked our trip with AmEx points or whatever got royally hosed. For me, I was out $100 deposit, $100 transfer fee, $108 for sons passport, and 195,000 AmEx miles + a couple hundred in taxes. I was able to get back my miles with another $150 in fee. So for my part, I am out close to $800 and just have to deal with it. Not a happy camper to say the least.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 2/8/2016, 4:25 pm

Crap. Sorry to hear. Hard to believe enough folks backed out to ruin the trip for everyone. There must be more to the story.

At any rate, yeah, if you want your bb to train in Europe with any club, you can sign them up for open camps in the summer. It can be a challenge if you don't know the culture or your way around.

My trip is still on. I am hoping to make it to Old Trafford and get out of London for the weekend.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 2/8/2016, 4:26 pm

CCM wrote:Since several pulled out of the trip last minute, those of us that booked our trip with AmEx points or whatever got royally hosed.  For me, I was out $100 deposit, $100 transfer fee, $108 for sons passport, and 195,000 AmEx miles + a couple hundred in taxes.  I was able to get back my miles with another $150 in fee.   So for my part, I am out close to $800 and just have to deal with it.  Not a happy camper to say the least.

Will Liverpool give you a discount for next season's registration?
I know damn well that they wouldn't want your bruiser-sized, fast BB to walk away.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/9/2016, 12:47 am

This wasn't a "Liverpool" issue. This was a group of parents that committed to a trip and then pulled out when the bill came due. I really like our parents...But this particular issue really opened my eyes for such future planning.

Finish1: The more to the story is: Most families were only sending their child and put $100 deposit initially. Some of us that were taking our families and purchased airline tickets outside of the travel agent where the ones very hurt by them pulling out. Enough pulled out to where we didn't have enough to field a team for the friendly matches that were scheduled and the package price would also have increased significantly with a significant drop in number of participants.

I'm pretty over it now....but gotta say losing that much money at Christmas time (or anytime) is pretty rough.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 2/9/2016, 12:45 pm

That's the rest of the story I was looking for. The club let folks make reservations for $100. That is an expensive trip and interested parents should put down at least one third up front. That requirement will weed out those who are likely to back out.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/9/2016, 2:20 pm

Agreed

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down