Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Latest topics
» PPL Power rankings
by Impact05 Today at 12:18 am

» Wizards FC 2010's
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 11:45 pm

» Wizards FC (new team/oak cliff area)
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 11:44 pm

» SBF FC Open Practices
by SBFFC08Boys Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» 08 Boys - League Challenge Cup XIII (May 12-14)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:56 pm

» 02 Boys Teams - League Challenge Cup XIII (May 12-14)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» 04 Boys - League Challenge Cup XIII (May 12-14)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» TOP 10 2008 teams
by txghost Yesterday at 5:25 pm

» Wizards FC (new team / oak cliff area)
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 4:32 pm

» Wizards FC
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 4:26 pm

» 01 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 9-11)
by U90C Yesterday at 4:20 pm

» Looking for a GK coach
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 3:31 pm

» Looking for a GK coach
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 3:29 pm

» TOP 10 2007 teams
by TayJ6 Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» TOURNAMENT: League Challenge Cup XIII May 12-14
by U90C Yesterday at 2:19 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password

Big bad CL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big bad CL

Post by GoalFC on 2/9/2016, 1:07 pm

CL being a bully and pushing their weight around again.
We have a 2:00 game and 10:45 to 2:00 volunteer duty in the same day. Fine, no big deal except we drive over 2 hours to play.
Since we carpool players to the games, they will have to get up by 7am and leave by 8am for a car ride and then sit and wait to play our game.
Even though there are a few weeks of league volunteer duty that hasn't been scheduled yet, CL response is, sorry, nothing we can do about it.
We even did the leg work for them to make exchanges and they still said no.
How is this in the games best interest?

GoalFC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Tuesday on 2/9/2016, 1:24 pm

Classic is a dying league, its only a matter or time now. There is a new league starting up that will take away all the top teams in classic.



Tuesday
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Number13 on 2/9/2016, 1:31 pm

Don't you just have to divide up the driving a little bit more?   Send the volunteers early in one car, and the players/other parents later?    I'm sure it's not that simple.  

In the kindest light, they are unwilling to allow for any special treatment as that opens floodgates.  In less kind light, they seem to like to tell people to piss off.  

Unaware of any new league taking away the top teams.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1406
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Riquelme Rises on 2/9/2016, 1:35 pm

Classic League folks are the very worst. From day one when I was threatened by a member of the board because we would not move our team out from under the shade of a tree during the Qualifying tournament. These people are garbage and are in fact sub-human....ok well maybe that is an exaggeration but they still suck.

Have a great day!!!
avatar
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Join date : 2014-11-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Tuesday on 2/9/2016, 1:42 pm

Riquelme Rises wrote:Classic League folks are the very worst. From day one when I was threatened by a member of the board because we would not move our team out from under the shade of a tree during the Qualifying tournament. These people are garbage and are in fact sub-human....ok well maybe that is an exaggeration but they still suck.

Have a great day!!!

These people are the scum of the scum because we have allowed them to provide with a product that is garbage. Can't wait until what I know is made public.


Tuesday
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by GoalFC on 2/9/2016, 1:53 pm

It's not like it"s a game schedule, it's a volunteer schedule that I guarantee you not everyone looks at, nor compares it to a game schedule. It would have been very easy to fix by taking us off of that slot and putting us at a date that hasn't even been scheduled yet.
Just plain stupid. I bet they are hoping we don't make it just so they can grab some cash. Seems like that's all CL is concerned about, money and corruption. Yes, I said corruption. That's another story or two.


Last edited by GoalFC on 2/9/2016, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

GoalFC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Sprint on 2/9/2016, 1:54 pm

Tuesday wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:Classic League folks are the very worst. From day one when I was threatened by a member of the board because we would not move our team out from under the shade of a tree during the Qualifying tournament. These people are garbage and are in fact sub-human....ok well maybe that is an exaggeration but they still suck.

Have a great day!!!

These people are the scum of the scum because we have allowed them to provide with a product that is garbage.  Can't wait until what I know is made public.  



You have peaked my interest. Is there a new league that will be starting this coming Fall or will it be after that?

I have wondered for years why someone doesn't start a league to compete with Classic League. If you get the main four or five clubs to support it with all of their teams, it would be the end of Classic League.

Any other info on this new league?


Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 772
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Tuesday on 2/9/2016, 2:02 pm

Sprint wrote:
Tuesday wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:Classic League folks are the very worst. From day one when I was threatened by a member of the board because we would not move our team out from under the shade of a tree during the Qualifying tournament. These people are garbage and are in fact sub-human....ok well maybe that is an exaggeration but they still suck.

Have a great day!!!

These people are the scum of the scum because we have allowed them to provide with a product that is garbage.  Can't wait until what I know is made public.  



You have peaked my interest.  Is there a new league that will be starting this coming Fall or will it be after that?  

I have wondered for years why someone doesn't start a league to compete with Classic League.  If you get the main four or five clubs to support it with all of their teams, it would be the end of Classic League.  

Any other info on this new league?  


All of us wondered the same thing and someone is actually doing something about it. All I can is ABOUT TIME! The new league can't come soon enough, I had it up to my ears with the BS.

Tuesday
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Sprint on 2/9/2016, 2:20 pm

Tuesday wrote:
Sprint wrote:
Tuesday wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:Classic League folks are the very worst. From day one when I was threatened by a member of the board because we would not move our team out from under the shade of a tree during the Qualifying tournament. These people are garbage and are in fact sub-human....ok well maybe that is an exaggeration but they still suck.

Have a great day!!!

These people are the scum of the scum because we have allowed them to provide with a product that is garbage.  Can't wait until what I know is made public.  



You have peaked my interest.  Is there a new league that will be starting this coming Fall or will it be after that?  

I have wondered for years why someone doesn't start a league to compete with Classic League.  If you get the main four or five clubs to support it with all of their teams, it would be the end of Classic League.  

Any other info on this new league?  


All of us wondered the same thing and someone is actually doing something about it.  All I can is ABOUT TIME!  The new league can't come soon enough, I had it up to my ears with the BS.  


I will be interested to see and hear more about it. My only hope is they don't play at Richland College and they allow playing up into select.


Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 772
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Tuesday on 2/9/2016, 2:22 pm

It won't be Richland! Not sure about playing up into select though......

Tuesday
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Guest on 2/9/2016, 2:23 pm

I hope they consider thumbing their nose at USSF and go unsanctioned like PSA. Then, we won't have to mess with going age pure.


Last edited by RunningWithScissors on 2/9/2016, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Sprint on 2/9/2016, 2:26 pm

If they get it off the ground and get the backing of the main clubs prior to this fall that will bring another issue of change to NTX Soccer.

So this fall:

1. All teams change up due to age pure
2. Some teams break apart due to DA at 04 and 03
3. Field and player roster changes at U11 and U12
4. Entirely new league takes the place of Classic League.
5. Said new league will have to have a QT or publish league rules for formation.

Should make for an interesting Spring on the forum.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 772
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Tuesday on 2/9/2016, 2:27 pm

Yeah Hay!

Tuesday
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Number13 on 2/9/2016, 2:46 pm

Why would clubs support this?    Right now clubs have byes into CL, which has value.  They can market that.    You would think most of the major players in the status quo are content with the status quo.   Maybe not on all fronts (like perhaps LP thinks it should have a bigger place at the USSF table), but you would think on the CL front.

Yeah, there is decent amount of $ at stake, and clubs like money. But..a club pays, what, like $4k a year to play in CL?  For each team.  But the club brings in $45-50k a year from that team in revenue.    From a club's standpoint, I don't think the math makes sense to put the ability to attract kids at any risk to pursue a different league option.   You would really need to hate CL.   Which I suppose is not inconceivable.

Me, I love CL.  Freedom is Slavery.  Etc.  



avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1406
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by GoalFC on 2/9/2016, 3:01 pm

Back to the original topic,...... do you not agree that something could have been done by CL to correct a disservice they have done to kids?
Without the kids, there would not be a CL. You hear some say that bringing in out of DFW teams is a great thing and the they crap all over them. the focus here should be providing quality on the field and having kids sit around for 3 hours after a 2 hour car ride isn't right. Volunteer duty is essential and we are not trying to get out of it. We only want our boys to be treated fairly. It's not their fault.
We typically have about 4-5 parents that come and carpool these boys so they can play at a higher level than what is provided locally.

GoalFC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Guest on 2/9/2016, 3:15 pm

GoalFC wrote:Back to the original topic,...... do you not agree that something could have been done by CL to correct a disservice they have done to kids?
Without the kids, there would not be a CL. You hear some say that bringing in out of DFW teams is a great thing and the they crap all over them. the focus here should be providing quality on the field and having kids sit around for 3 hours after a 2 hour car ride isn't right. Volunteer duty is essential and we are not trying to get out of it. We only want our boys to be treated fairly. It's not their fault.
We typically have about 4-5 parents that come and carpool these boys so they can play at a higher level than what is provided locally.

that is a long time to wait

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Number13 on 2/9/2016, 3:26 pm

GoalFC wrote:Back to the original topic,...... do you not agree that something could have been done by CL to correct a disservice they have done to kids?
Without the kids, there would not be a CL. You hear some say that bringing in out of DFW teams is a great thing and the they crap all over them. the focus here should be providing quality on the field and having kids sit around for 3 hours after a 2 hour car ride isn't right. Volunteer duty is essential and we are not trying to get out of it. We only want our boys to be treated fairly. It's not their fault.
We typically have about 4-5 parents that come and carpool these boys so they can play at a higher level than what is provided locally.

It's not ideal that they make people with very long drives volunteer at all.  And its frustrating that they will not negotiate anything, even things that seem reasonable to an individual.   I get that.  

They always give volunteer duty abutting a game.   Either before or after.   For most folks, that's a convenient time.   (Accepting that NONE of this is actually volunteering or convenient).    So...if the kids have to ride with the volunteers, how do you get around the kids waiting 3 hours?   Either before or after the game.  

Are you advocating that your parents be allowed to drive 4 hours and volunteer for 3 hours on a game when you don't have a game?   Which, sure, spares the kids but seems like a very crappy solution.   Again, perhaps I don't understand your parental availability, but it sure seems like the better solution is to bring 3 more parents than normal.  In a single car, that leaves 3 hours earlier than everybody else.   If the most parents you can get is 4-5 (i.e. the min number required to bring the kids), then it seems to me that its the other parents that are hosing you more than CL.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1406
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Guest on 2/9/2016, 3:28 pm

Just raise fees and hire field marshals

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by GoalFC on 2/9/2016, 3:36 pm

There is another day that hasn't even had volunteers scheduled yet that we could have the duty right after our game. We have no problem with the after game part, only before our game.

GoalFC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Big bad CL

Post by Nice Ball on 2/9/2016, 3:50 pm

I can see your point, trying to change it through Classic League to get a better time slot, after a game. However, when Classic League doesn't bend on this I would not be happy with the other parents that are refusing to step up and help out. That does seem like a better solution to have three of them drive down together to do the volunteer work and then 4 or 5 other parents step up and take the kids to the game. You can all meet up just before the game to watch.

Like I said I would be hacked at the other parents for not stepping up on this one.

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Join date : 2013-04-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum