Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Results from this past weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Results from this past weekend

Post by Gator Chick on 2/28/2016, 8:45 pm

Looks like FCD Spiars is learning how difficult D1 can be top to bottom...any given Saturday right. They stopped the bleeding. After 2 straight losses I'm sure a tie against a strong Thornberg team was a nice consolation prize
Mexico 1 DTS 0...always a dog fight
Ameica America 1 LP Owen 0...now that was a shocker to most I'm guessing. Owen has been the hottest team the last few weeks
Solar 3 Andro 0...looks like Solar finally found some scoring punch but most have this season again Andro. 0-0 halftime so if anyone thinks Andro is just go lay down then you are sadly mistaken
LP Elite 2 Sporting 2...heard there were a few red cards handed out to 2 LP Elite defenders. That could hurt next week against Andro...again they won't roll over & play dead for anyone

Sunday's surprise: Solar 2 Thornberg 0...shocker! Solar scoring 2 goals against a good team...could they be ready to run the table? LP Owen is up next & that's a tough defense to crack

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Results from this past weekend

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 2/29/2016, 6:06 am

Wow! Solar won 2-0 over Thornber? That's surprising. Not the fact that they won, but that they scored 2 over Thornber without giving up a goal.

Mexico vs DTS will always be a dog fight.

2 straight reds for LP Elite?

I hope Andro's parents don't jump ship like a lot of parents do when their team drops.
They can learn from FCD Spiars. Stay together, practice harder and more tournaments and come out swinging next season.

LP Owen had a ton of bad luck this weekend: 2 injured players out, 2 quit before Spring started, and 1 sit-out due to yellow card accumulation. No subs.
But America America played very well.
LP Owen is a "Jekyll and Hyde" type of team.
Lots of missed shots. Kicking the balls out instead of passing, standing in the opponent's box and allowing the opponent to make the 1st move (score).
You never know which will take the pitch during game-time.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 2/29/2016, 11:01 am

Looking at the misconduct section of GotSoccer, it looks like it was a double yellow for one player and straight red for another player. The straight red was for VC (violent conduct) so that will carry an automatic 2 game suspension (ask me how I know...) and the two yellows for the other young man were took him to 3 so he will miss a game as well. Unlike speculation above, that will not benefit Andro--they've already played LP Elite. DTS and Mexico will be the beneficiaries, but isn't LP Elite deep enough to handle a couple suspensions...

Regarding Andro parents jumping ship, isn't this already going to be a crazy roster churn with the birth year change??? Won't be surprised to see a lot of rosters that look quite a bit different as even strong teams can't resist the siren call of those Jan-July birthdays. Bigger/Stronger/Faster for the WIN!!!

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 2/29/2016, 11:35 am

Are 2 yellows in the same game (i.e a red) treated differently from a straight red when it comes to the suspensions?

i.e Straight red equals a suspension
2 yellows = red but only accumulated yellows from a suspension perspective
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 2/29/2016, 12:43 pm

I'm pretty sure that's the case. A red as a result of 2 yellows is not automatic suspension.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 2/29/2016, 12:48 pm

OK, found the document I remembered reading a long time ago...  Confirms earlier thoughts.  Straight Red is auto suspension, but otherwise, it's accumulated Yellows.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0041/5496/ADCumulativeCardSystem819.pdf

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 2/29/2016, 12:55 pm

debit wrote:Looking at the misconduct section of GotSoccer, it looks like it was a double yellow for one player and straight red for another player.  The straight red was for VC (violent conduct) so that will carry an automatic 2 game suspension (ask me how I know...) and the two yellows for the other young man were took him to 3 so he will miss a game as well.  Unlike speculation above, that will not benefit Andro--they've already played LP Elite.  DTS and Mexico will be the beneficiaries, but isn't LP Elite deep enough to handle a couple suspensions...

Regarding Andro parents jumping ship, isn't this already going to be a crazy roster churn with the birth year change??? Won't be surprised to see a lot of rosters that look quite a bit different as even strong teams can't resist the siren call of those Jan-July birthdays.  Bigger/Stronger/Faster for the WIN!!!

Forgot all about the Age Pure breakup.
If the team's made up of the majority '01s, hopefully they will stay together.

SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 2/29/2016, 1:56 pm

debit wrote:OK, found the document I remembered reading a long time ago...  Confirms earlier thoughts.  Straight Red is auto suspension, but otherwise, it's accumulated Yellows.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0041/5496/ADCumulativeCardSystem819.pdf

Interesting. I didn't realize there was a difference. Thanks!
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 2/29/2016, 2:48 pm

It looks like Sporting has an unassailable lead again in D1 this year...... Evil or Very Mad
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/29/2016, 2:58 pm

Check out the cards for Sporting...  Looks like 2 are out the next 2 games, 1 out for 1 game and a couple of more on the verge of getting their 3rd.

And Snookems is right...LFC Owen is in quite a pickle due to key player injuries and such...  No subs last week...and potentially only 1 this week.  Unfortunately, it's going to be a tough road the rest of the season.  Sad
Glad we were able to pull out 2 wins against the top 2 teams beforehand. Some kids are going to get a chance to step up. Hopefully, fitness is there for everyone.

Last edited by CCM on 2/29/2016, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some additional info.)

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 2/29/2016, 3:18 pm

There's a section in that document I linked about teams that hit 25 cards in a season. Sporting has 24 yellows and 2 reds. Have they been dragged in front of Classic League A&D to explain themselves yet? Any punishments? A nice firm verbal reprimand...

Seriously, that is a ridiculous amount of cards. Two players have 5 yellows each which has resulted in 6 games missed due to suspension from those two. When my son's team last played them we had to have 2 players carted off the field. And more cards should have been handed out in that game--the ref was very ummm... patient? In the first minute of the game there was a two footed slide tackle studs up. No foul called. My son will play the game how it's being called, and if it gets a little physical, he's willing to mix it up and break out some kung fu, but 26 cards in 14 games. That earns a well deserved C'MON REF!

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 2/29/2016, 3:22 pm

Actually I was checking out the cards.....not the points table...

Sporting appears to have an unassailable lead in the Misconduct table again this year. Suspect

24 yellows and 2 reds (nice of the coaches to chip in there...) across 12 different players is impressive with 4 games to go.

I think they have even surpassed their winning total from last year already.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 2/29/2016, 3:33 pm

They must be proud.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 2/29/2016, 3:44 pm

Yeah a quick check of last year's table shows they had 21 yellows* across 11 players.

* Last player in list had 3 but only counted as 1 in the table for some reason.

Some interesting conclusions could be drawn from this pattern.....

http://events.gotsport.com/events/misconduct.aspx?EventID=39881&GroupID=372722&Gender=Boys&Age=13
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum