Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Trying to understand the pure age

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to understand the pure age

Post by SoccerSouthSir on 4/19/2016, 9:37 pm

So I'm trying to understand this new age system. If I have an 01, purely 01. Am I supposed to be looking at the 02's then? I'm just trying to get it right a few 01 clubs I looked at have said they are moving up to 00. So just curious to know if that means 02's move to 01

Thanks

SoccerSouthSir
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Trying to understand the pure age

Post by Corona14 on 4/19/2016, 10:26 pm

Yes I want to know to

Corona14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerSouthSir on 4/19/2016, 10:36 pm

From what i got, yes the 01's move up to 00's for the most part. Either way it's going to be tough for the young 01's if that makes sense

SoccerSouthSir
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 4/19/2016, 10:59 pm

SoccerSouthSir wrote:So I'm trying to understand this new age system. If I have an 01, purely 01. Am I supposed to be looking at the 02's then? I'm just trying to get it right a few 01 clubs I looked at have said they are moving up to 00. So just curious to know if that means 02's move to 01

Thanks

no, your kid born in 01 cannot go to an age pure 02 team.

under the old system, an 01 team would be comprised of kids born in Aug-Dec 00 and Jan-Jul 01.

if the 01 team says it is going to AP 00, that means it may sign kids born Jan-Dec 00 or younger.  If your kid signs with an AP 00 team, he would now be be "playing up" an age group.

The team could recruit older kids born in Jan-Jul 00, keep its existing team including the Jan-Jul 01 kids, or cut all of the Jan-Jul 01 kids, replace some or all players, or some combination of all these.

Yes, 02's will likely move to AP 01.

Some teams may abandon all of their Aug-Dec kids and stay in the younger AP age group.  Many Aug-Dec kids will leave their teams to join better positioned AP teams.

The teams likely will go where their byes go and adjust accordingly.

The kids must decide if they will "play up" with their current teams or do they become the oldest on a new team.

Last edited by nearpost95 on 4/19/2016, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar on 4/19/2016, 11:23 pm

Normally I have a whole lot to say abut topics. This one is only time will tell. Heck at the 02 age with most going into highschool what make sense. I think it's going to be a team by team decision. A lot will depend on whom comes put to check out each team. I have thoughts clubs have thoughts parents have thoughts Docs have thoughts. Right now its just thoughts. To keep bye you must move up in classic. Byes stat with club so large clubs make make their team more pure. Us well were trying to get ready for a few tournaments and will be having open Practices for 01s and 02s after State cup. Need some help from the forum. Our first match is against Mexico 02 then we play FCD 02s. Looks like rain so maybe we get another week to train....
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OutofTowner on 4/20/2016, 8:19 am

FCD is doing age pure pool training for the coaches to check out players at each age group. For a club that large, they shouldn't have trouble building teams where the top teams are all older kids in the age range. Might not be as easy for smaller clubs...

OutofTowner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 4/20/2016, 8:23 am

02 teams are currently composed of kids born Aug-Dec 01 and Jan-Jul 02. A club with an 02 team with a bye in Classic League will keep the bye but it will become an AP 01 bye.

Therefore if your son is born in 01 and wants to play in Classic League then you should look at teams that are currently 02 teams as he will be eligible for them next season.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerSouthSir on 4/20/2016, 8:36 am

Let's say he plays up to the 00, since he's a pure 01 does that not mean next season he will or could be playing kids 16 about to be 17? It just seems like an odd idea to have to play kids 1 1/2 - 2 years older. I thank each and everyone of you, for your help in this matter.

SoccerSouthSir
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 4/20/2016, 9:02 am

Yes, he can be up to a year+ younger than some kids if he chooses to play up.

However, since he is an 01 (freshman), if he plays school ball, he will be competing against Fresh-Seniors at school on varsity. So maybe the age/size  difference is isn't as substantial for him.
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 4/20/2016, 10:12 am

SoccerSouthSir wrote:Let's say he plays up to the 00, since he's a pure 01 does  that not mean next season he will or could be playing kids 16 about to be 17? It just seems like an odd idea to have to play kids 1 1/2 - 2 years older. I thank each and everyone of you, for your help in this matter.

Lets look at an example:

01 team in CL this season.
Becomes AP 00 team next season.
(As the CL bye goes with the older age group)

Your kid has a July 01 birthday.

He can play up with the team in 00 AP
Kids in 00 AP can be anywhere from 7-19 months older than him.

Alternatively he can move to an 02 team that now has an 01 AP bye.
Kids in AP 01 can only be a max of 7 months older than him.

It is up to you to choose whether to play up or not.

davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerSouthSir on 4/20/2016, 10:15 am

You all are great thanks for the help!!! Best of luck to you in the new season

SoccerSouthSir
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mookieblaylock on 4/20/2016, 10:30 am

Here's my question on the topic--my son is a young '00, so, under the current rules, he plays '01; so obviously he will move up to '00 under the new rules.  Understood.  BUT, he's currently a freshman and the older '00s are sophomores, so in his junior year, half of his new team (older '00s) will be seniors and it will be their last year.  What happens to all of the teams who will inevitably lose half of their rosters each year?  (The current system keeps this from happening, since its based more on school-year)
mookieblaylock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerSouthSir on 4/20/2016, 10:48 am

See that's something i thought about as well, so i think in the end the kids that merge or play up will ultimately have to look for a new team. Since they will play up then i think that means when the kids are 17 most of the team will be 18/19 and pretty much done with soccer...so the younger kids that playes up will still have say 1 season left in them but will have to find another club to do it with.....thoughts

SoccerSouthSir
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mookieblaylock on 4/20/2016, 10:52 am

SoccerSouthSir wrote:See that's something i thought about as well, so i think in the end the kids that merge or play up will ultimately have to look for a new team.  Since they will play up then i think that means when the kids are 17 most of the team will be 18/19 and pretty much done with soccer...so the younger kids that playes up will still have say 1 season left in them but will have to find another club to do it with.....thoughts

Exactly--the year when it matters most, half of the players will phase out and there will be a scramble of teams folding, and players looking for teams. . .
mookieblaylock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 4/20/2016, 10:52 am

Yup. Merge the 17's and 18's similar to what DA does.
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/20/2016, 1:20 pm

tpitty wrote:Yup. Merge the 17's and 18's similar to what DA does.

Except in the new terminology it will be U18 and U19, as the older seniors will be U19 their senior year.

Yes, its the end that is the mess with the switch from school year. If they combine the ages, I don't know what they do with the byes next year. As you have U16 and U17 teams moving up to U18 and U19. Haven't paid any attention to what they are doing with older kids.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TacoKid on 4/20/2016, 6:38 pm

OutofTowner wrote:FCD is doing age pure pool training for the coaches to check out players at each age group.  For a club that large, they shouldn't have trouble building teams where the top teams are all older kids in the age range.  Might not be as easy for smaller clubs...

Where and when is this "Age Pure Pool Training" taking place? Is this something the coaches are keeping close to their vest?

TacoKid
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TacoKid on 4/20/2016, 6:46 pm

SoccerSouthSir wrote:So I'm trying to understand this new age system. If I have an 01, purely 01. Am I supposed to be looking at the 02's then? I'm just trying to get it right a few 01 clubs I looked at have said they are moving up to 00. So just curious to know if that means 02's move to 01

Thanks

Here is the easy, simple answer -

Whatever year your son was born, that is the year he is eligible for.

Born in 01 play for an 01.

Born in 02 play for an 02.

Or you can "play up".

An 02 can play 01.

An 01 can NOT play 02.

TacoKid
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerSouthSir on 4/20/2016, 7:19 pm

Let me know where that FCD pure age is going to be at?

SoccerSouthSir
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SWGSB 52 on 4/21/2016, 3:37 pm

TacoKid wrote:
OutofTowner wrote:FCD is doing age pure pool training for the coaches to check out players at each age group.  For a club that large, they shouldn't have trouble building teams where the top teams are all older kids in the age range.  Might not be as easy for smaller clubs...

Where and when is this "Age Pure Pool Training" taking place? Is this something the coaches are keeping close to their vest?

If you are in one of the larger clubs having pool training, then you should have already been notified of where and when. If you're not in one of those clubs then you have to wait until "Open Sessions" in May and June. After State Cup for your age group or after league play is finished.

SWGSB 52
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by OutofTowner on 4/21/2016, 5:23 pm

The pool training was supposed to be this week (Wednesday) but was cancelled. Not sure when it's being rescheduled for...

OutofTowner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Ho

Post by Corona14 on 4/21/2016, 8:02 pm

About 02/19/01 Can he play with the 02 teams ??

Corona14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 4/21/2016, 9:42 pm

TacoKid wrote:

Thanks

Here is the easy, simple answer -

Whatever year your son was born, that is the year he is eligible for.

Born in 01 play for an 01.

Born in 02 play for an 02.

Or you can "play up".

An 02 can play 01.

An 01 can NOT play 02.

SSS should be looking at the 02s for his 01 son. Because the AP 01s will have the School Year 02s byes next season. In other words the 02 teams are going to become 01 teams.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 4/21/2016, 9:48 pm

OutofTowner wrote:The pool training was supposed to be this week (Wednesday) but was cancelled.  Not sure when it's being rescheduled for...

Is this for a particular age group within FCD?

Not heard anything about pool training and FCD has a ton of teams and kids in each age group. Those would be some big pools to coordinate.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerSouthSir on 4/21/2016, 10:31 pm

Haven't heard anything about it. I checked with a couple FCD in CL no one knows what or where it's going to be, must be exclusive

SoccerSouthSir
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum