Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

'01 State Cup 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'01 State Cup 2016

Post by PG-Boy on 5/1/2016, 2:03 pm

While watching Añoranza physically manhandle Andromeda yesterday I was quite amused how the aggressor team caused the victimized team to earn fouls and cards. Amused, isn't the most apt term, but can't think of a better description at the moment. Añoranza is savvy. Referees seem to more often catch the retaliation and not the original cause of the subsequent incident. While Andromeda was busy replacing shredded jerseys, Añoranza kept poking and tugging during game play until Andromeda players "lost" their composure. So it wasn't surprising when Andromeda lost their keeper and central defender to red cards. Añoranza won the physiological game and the actual game. A double win.

Afterwards I was curious enough to review the Classic League misconduct point ranking to check where Añoranza stood. Not too bad. About the middle of the ranking. As physical as they play I might have guessed they'd be higher. But they're too intelligent at gaming the referees. So I'll have to agree they are just about where they should be in the ranking.

Solar Chelsea, the three FCD teams and even Dallas Texans, have the fewest misconduct points. Are the big clubs just more disciplined? TBD

Now, FWFC has a whopping 26 points. Four more than last place Wizards. 25 points are from yellow cards. I'm guessing they play a very chippy game. While watching a game today, a field marshall was a few feet away. I overheard his radio chirp and buzz something like ... "Assistance needed on field 2 with an issue with parents". I looked up the schedule on my phone. Field 2 had FWFC and DTS. I don't know which team the parent(s) belonged with.

With only one Classic League match remaining, FWFC likely won't have their A&D Hearing before playing their last match of the year. What are the penalties metted out for reaching 25 points?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Re: '01 State Cup 2016

Post by SoccerDad7 on 5/7/2016, 3:43 pm

My son was playing on the next field over from that Anoranzas v Andromeda game, and saw a lot of the "action". Anoranzas should have collected a few cards, too. 2 reds to Andromeda hurt them. But, FCD Premier was by far the class of that bracket. Anoranzas were tied by the ever-inconsistent but watch-out-when-they're-on Olympians (7th in D3), and frankly the should have lost that game as Olympians hit the post twice while Anoranzas was clearly frustrated and sending shots 30 feet above goal or getting stymied by the Olympians' keeper inside the box.

As for penalties for points, many of FWFC's newer players came from Samba's disbanded '01 team. One of them is a great kid who has legitimate anger issues. Good to see he's only drawing yellows instead of reds. I hope that's growth for him.

SoccerDad7
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by claretiano on 5/9/2016, 10:42 am

Congratulations to the FCD 01 Che for winning the 2016 state championship against FCD premier. It was a great battle between two very good teams, 3-2 win by Che in the final minutes of the game.

and to solar and DTS for taking the finalists to OT and PK in the semis.

claretiano
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 on 5/9/2016, 4:09 pm

PG-Boy wrote:Solar Chelsea, the three FCD teams and even Dallas Texans, have the fewest misconduct points. Are the big clubs just more disciplined? TBD

Do you think they are more disciplined  or that refs just don't call as much on the big clubs teams?  Maybe they don't want to make the big clubs mad.  Then they might get "black balled" and not be able to ref any of their big tournaments. Twisted Evil
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum