Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Latest topics
» PPL Power rankings
by Impact05 Today at 12:18 am

» Wizards FC 2010's
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 11:45 pm

» Wizards FC (new team/oak cliff area)
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 11:44 pm

» SBF FC Open Practices
by SBFFC08Boys Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» 08 Boys - League Challenge Cup XIII (May 12-14)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:56 pm

» 02 Boys Teams - League Challenge Cup XIII (May 12-14)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» 04 Boys - League Challenge Cup XIII (May 12-14)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» TOP 10 2008 teams
by txghost Yesterday at 5:25 pm

» Wizards FC (new team / oak cliff area)
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 4:32 pm

» Wizards FC
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 4:26 pm

» 01 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 9-11)
by U90C Yesterday at 4:20 pm

» Looking for a GK coach
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 3:31 pm

» Looking for a GK coach
by SoccerSouthSir Yesterday at 3:29 pm

» TOP 10 2007 teams
by TayJ6 Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» TOURNAMENT: League Challenge Cup XIII May 12-14
by U90C Yesterday at 2:19 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Andromeda 02 Age Pure Sessions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andromeda 02 Age Pure Sessions...

Post by redwhiteblue on 6/3/2016, 6:34 pm

Andromeda 02 Boys Age Pure Open Sessions...Saturday June 4th 1-2pm........

D1 Classic League - Coach/DOC Grant Sawyer
Team has been promoted from D3 - D1 In two years.
Team already defeated many of the D1 teams in tournaments

With the age pure changes we are looking to add 2/3 more 02 birth year
boys to our roster. We have already moved down some D1 players from last years 02 D1 team to strengthen the team.

Last season the team traveled to San Diego for Surf Cup & Florida
for the Disney Showcase.

Please Contact Director of Coaching/Coach Grant Sawyer
coachgrantsawyer@yahoo.com before attending or 214-803-6487

Team open sessions -

Thank You

redwhiteblue
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Andromeda 02 Age Pure Sessions...

Post by winkipop77 on 6/7/2016, 3:56 pm

I heard it is Andromeda Club Policy not to provide guest player releases under any condition...even in the month of June to play in a tournament. Is this true? Please publicly state your club's policy so that you don't waste anyone's time who may be considering attending one of your open practices, or signing with you on July 1st. It may be just a rumor...but I wanted to give you and your club the heads up to publicly confirm or deny it.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slidetackle03 on 6/8/2016, 3:06 pm

winkipop77 wrote:I heard it is Andromeda Club Policy not to provide guest player releases under any condition...even in the month of June to play in a tournament.  Is this true?  Please publicly state your club's policy so that you don't waste anyone's time who may be considering attending one of your open practices, or signing with you on July 1st.  It may be just a rumor...but I wanted to give you and your club the heads up to publicly confirm or deny it.

Just wondering if you've received an answer to your question, as I too have heard the same.

slidetackle03
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 6/8/2016, 4:57 pm

No. But if it is true then shame on Andromeda and any club that uses the NTX competitive player agreements to basically hold kids hostage. I am pretty sure this is not the spirit an intent if the contracts.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 6/9/2016, 4:27 pm

Crickets chirping could lead one to believe that the rumor is in fact true... I had never heard that about Andro before, but that is some good info to have for those looking... Well done Winki!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 on 6/10/2016, 9:23 pm

Just curious but why does it matter? I have no idea on their policy , but shouldn't really be any deciding factor for picking a team. There are a lot of teams that do it because they don't won't to lose players. I don't know your situation Winki but I'm sure whatever It is, your boy will get a great team. It's not always greener on the other side. Good luck in your search.

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 6/11/2016, 7:32 am

booe817 wrote:Just curious but why does it matter?.

For parents who think longer term, here's why it matters:

1. If their BB ends up being one of the stronger players, they may want to shop around in June 2017 and see if their player can further develop by earning a spot on one of many teams that are much stronger in the age group, like Odyssey, Solar, FC Dallas, Cruz Azul, Liverpool or Dallas Texans.  Their records speak for themselves....and I have not heard any rumors of coaches from their teams holding their players hostage.  They seem know what comes around goes around.

2. If their BB ends up being a weaker player on the team, then in June 2017 they'd obviously want to shop to get their player on a team where they can develop further by getting more playing experience in game situations.

In both situations...its about development of the player, something which Andromeda (if the rumor is true) apparently cares little about.

And of course if they were happy in either situation they either would not want to shop in the first place, or would return.  The unwillingness of the Club to let parents/players have their freedom indicates insecurity and exposes what might be a real character flaw with the individuals who set the policy.  A feeling of "inadequacy" perhaps.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 on 6/14/2016, 11:39 pm

You definitely have some good points Winki!

Not sure what you mean though by going to the much stronger teams! Can you elaborate?

I did some research and Andro actually have beat Liverpool-Hunt, Liverpool- Trevino, Cruz Azul, and FC Dallas Premier. Yes they did lose to Dallas Texans and to Odyssey . Not sure on Solar. So ,four out of seven teams they have beaten and are in division one.

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 6/15/2016, 7:15 am

You have to keep in mind that every once in a while a team has a bad game, personnel issues etc. That is the case of the FCD Premier game vs Andromeda game... For example: after Andro beat FCD, Andro lost to an Arlington team (so did FCD if I am not mistaken, but it was FPS, and in both team's defense FPS can play)... If you play that FCD vs Andro game 10 times, Andro wins 1 and loses 9... That FCD team can be salty when they want to, but tripped up a few games this last year for some reason... And yes, Solar Red beat Andro in the State Cup (tough bracket for Andro), but I don't think Andro has ever played Solar Gold...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 6/15/2016, 7:45 am

And another thing parents must keep in mind is that the relative strength of teams to other teams changes every year, so why take the chance of essentially being "trapped" on a team whose club policy may be to do everything it can to prevent your player from doing its due diligence to find a better fit for their BB when the opportunity arises in June 2017? That would be a deal killer for me...especially this year with this age pure thing.  

June 2017 will be equally as crazy due to the fact that so many teams will ask their players to sign this July 1st without ever giving them the opportunity to guest play in a tournament as the "Age Pure" teams they are promoting. Parents will have no idea how well their player will stack-up against other prospective players in a game situation, and how strong the new team will be relative to other age pure teams.  There are very few age pure teams practicing together that have actually played in a tournament together. Perhaps identifying them and the results would be a good topic for discussion.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 6/15/2016, 8:30 am

I CAN understand not allowing players to guest play between Fall/Spring if the team something coming up to prepare for, but these teams who say no during the "looking period" are really not getting it...  I would not let my players guest play a week before our team had a big event and the team was counting on them, but if I knew they were looking to leave us and the season was already over, why not let them guest play elsewhere and bring in a guest player who might want to join your squad?  It is the whole 100% denied thing that seems unfavorable...  Isn't that what you're saying Winki?
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 6/15/2016, 8:54 am

Yes, exactly!  Clubs that hold their players hostage during the open period need to be called out.  I do not think that is the spirit and intent of of the NTX Competitive Players Contracts and perhaps NTX will need to modify the June open period to include tournaments.  Shame on clubs who take advantage of the current system.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 6/15/2016, 9:15 am

First thought; it would be to any clubs advantage to have unhappy players shop around. It isn't healthy for a team to have kids on either end of the skill spectrum griping about not playing or not winning or whatever.

But then I am reminded about the driving force; $. Clubs don't care about unhappy teams and their collapses; there are plenty more of us lemmings willing to pay to keep the machine moving along.

You signed, you pay; thank you very much see you next July. IF you hit the jackpot with a decent coach, decent kids of similar talent and parents that aren't too annoying, then good on you but remember, The House Always Wins.
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum