Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Latest topics
» U11 Classic D1
by Dallassoccerdad Today at 2:39 pm

» '04 CLASSIC D2 Fall/Spring 2017-18
by Gameday 04 Yesterday at 9:31 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» Congratulation to Weston McKennie
by TayJ6 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» U17 World Cup Roster local players
by Bears Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» 2011 team - North Dallas
by FC FAST 11 Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» 09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 5:40 pm

» New to Plano - 06 Player available
by GKdad4653 9/21/2017, 5:29 pm

» 07 Boys Teams - GULF COAST OPEN -Gulf Shores Area- Jan 12-15
by U90C 9/21/2017, 4:39 pm

» FC Dallas West 11's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:11 pm

» FC Dallas West 10's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:06 pm

» Arlington Labor Tourney
by Riquelme Rises 9/21/2017, 12:21 pm

» Weekly predictions for D2
by PremierLeagueFan 9/21/2017, 11:40 am

» 03 Boys Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 10:52 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas Gall vs Liverpool Trevino 19-0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FC Dallas Gall vs Liverpool Trevino 19-0

Post by Soccer10Dad on 8/8/2016, 9:10 am

I don't even have words for both these teams. Winners probably got bored after the score was 5-0, losing team probably gave up soon after that.

I hate seeing these blowouts just like the next guy but what can be done?

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Why does anything need to be done?

Post by posterbored on 8/8/2016, 10:15 am

Soccer10Dad wrote:I don't even have words for both these teams.  Winners probably got bored after the score was 5-0, losing team probably gave up soon after that.  

Nothing needs to be done. It happens every year and like most things with youth sports, parents make a much bigger issue out of it than necessary. 2 years from now, no one will remember this one. But also, 2 years from now, it will happen with a different group and the same question will be asked.

posterbored
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: FC Dallas Gall vs Liverpool Trevino 19-0

Post by Soccer10Dad on 8/8/2016, 10:17 am

I asked a coach the same question and his reply was there is only so much you can do. 10 passes, U-turn and go all the way back, score from headers only, etc etc.

I just hate seeing these scores, not sure why though......

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 8/8/2016, 12:42 pm

Hahaha.  Well if you don't want somebody to score 19 goals on you, play better or pick the right level of competition.   That said, if there is "only so much that you can do" then you as a coach are a goof.   If you want them to stop scoring, tell them to stop shooting, that pretty well stops the scoring.   Or don't.  But jeez, its not a zombie pandemic, its a bunch of 10 year olds, any reasonable coach can have them stop scoring at any time.   Its easier to just let the kids score goals.  

Two years from now, in all likelihood, you will not remember anything kind or mean you did today.   Blowing somebody out may be deserved or it may be mean, eye of beholder.   Personally I'm on the side of playing keep away, but whatever.   Do what you feel.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad on 8/8/2016, 12:51 pm

Not the coach. I was looking at scores and noticed the 19-0 and couldn't help the questions that appeared.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 on 8/8/2016, 1:02 pm

I think Classic League needs to take some of these teams and essentially grandfather them into the league .... There are always a (consensus) of 3-4 teams that EVERYONE agrees that should be in Classic that can easily pants lower teams 12+ goals on any given game ... why not just give them the pass?

I know it's Select Soccer and I am BY NO MEANS advocating coddling the kids (you know what you are signing up for and blowouts can happen), but smashing teams 19-0 isn't exactly the best scenario for BOTH parties .... that's not a blowout, that's a total annihilation/demolition Wink

Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 8/8/2016, 1:03 pm

To clarify:

I would laugh at the coach who told you that there is only so much that a coach can do in that situation.   I don't believe that coach is Soccer10Dad, nor John Gall.    I've seen it probably 50 times at a different age, a coach tells them to stop shooting and they are done scoring goals.    If a coach can't stop 10 year olds from scoring, that's not a very good coach. Not a moral issue, just a basic command/control issue. If somebody wants to score 19 goals that's their business.  
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 8/8/2016, 1:06 pm

posterbored wrote:
Soccer10Dad wrote:I don't even have words for both these teams.  Winners probably got bored after the score was 5-0, losing team probably gave up soon after that.  

Nothing needs to be done.  It happens every year and like most things with youth sports, parents make a much bigger issue out of it than necessary.  2 years from now, no one will remember this one.  But also, 2 years from now, it will happen with a different group and the same question will be asked.

It happens in all sports. Check out these "World" futsal championships Benjamin results from the weekend. Funny thing is, the team who piled on 40 goals on the opponent, didn't even win this "Mickey Mouse" (no pun intended) tournament.

http://usafutsal.com/2016-boys-world-futsal-championships-schedule/

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 8/8/2016, 1:07 pm

I can help here. The solution is simple, cut the number of touches to 2 if they continue to score cut it too 1. Too many touches and you kick it up the field and get your defensive shape back and start over. The winning team will get to work on their development while keeping the score lower. Now this does not include tournaments like qualifying where goals can matter. Basically the other teams FEELINGS is not your concern or problem but development is.
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 on 8/8/2016, 1:08 pm

It's a lose - lose proposition for the dominant team. Watching your team chase a ball around for half the game can be pretty embarrassing and frustrating too.

Whichever approach the dominant team picks, some opposing parent or coach will be annoyed.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 on 8/8/2016, 1:09 pm

Number13 wrote:To clarify:

I would laugh at the coach who told you that there is only so much that a coach can do in that situation.   I don't believe that coach is Soccer10Dad, nor John Gall.    I've seen it probably 50 times at a different age, a coach tells them to stop shooting and they are done scoring goals.    If a coach can't stop 10 year olds from scoring, that's not a very good coach.  Not a moral issue, just a basic command/control issue.   If somebody wants to score 19 goals that's their business.  

I watched Solar 04 - Oglesby (in a U11 Classic game) breakdown a very resilient Fever United squad. He could have let his horses up top bully their way on to the score-sheet with their pace + power ... but his team used this as tactical training session on how to breakdown a team and not pepper the goal for the sake of peppering the goal.

I was very impressed by the level of their skill, but I left even more impressed on the discipline Fever United showed defensively ... they didn't park the bus ... the Solar Bus was PARKED on them in the Fever's defensive half of the field. Those kids played their asses off and only took a respectable 2-0 defeat with goals coming in the final 10 minutes of play.

If I remember correct, that same Solar Team smashed somebody up good 17+ goals in the Classic Qualifying Tourney, but the point I am trying to make is that Coach can "control" the players into not obliterating far weaker opponents (I am not saying at all that Fever was "far weaker" by any stretch of the imagination)
Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 on 8/8/2016, 1:57 pm

Something similar happened last week at the Dallas International Soccer Festival. The DT 99 Mid-cities team was outscoring the Austin Texans 00 team 9-0 after the first half. That same team had lost 16-0 to the DT U16 DA team the day before. The Mid-cities coach told his players to stop scoring and just work on passing the ball. They did not score any goals in the second half.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 8/8/2016, 2:02 pm

There are always a (consensus) of 3-4 teams that EVERYONE agrees that should be in Classic that can easily pants lower teams 12+ goals on any given game

What? Is this another one of those PPL,APL vs Classic attempts?
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 on 8/8/2016, 4:10 pm

allen04 wrote:
There are always a (consensus) of 3-4 teams that EVERYONE agrees that should be in Classic that can easily pants lower teams 12+ goals on any given game

What?  Is this another one of those PPL,APL vs Classic attempts?

Oh no no no - I'm not going down that route haha! I mean more in terms of the U11 QT for the 1st year of Classic ..... with all the Tournaments now, PrimeTime Leagues, and the nucleus of these Teams together for so many seasons ... I think it would be fairly easy to a few of those "more advanced" teams and keep them away from slaughtering some of the other Teams
Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum