Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: U-15 Age Pure Predictions/Results

Post by hanallalone on 9/13/2016, 11:54 am

It is... Just hasn't been changed in CL yet...

hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 9/13/2016, 3:48 pm

What stands out to me in this age group is that after 4 games only three D1 teams have a positive goal differential.

Looks to me like another typical age group where we have failed to develop a large pool of decent soccer players.

When will this tide turn?
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 9/13/2016, 4:22 pm

finish1 wrote:What stands out to me in this age group is that after 4 games only three D1 teams have a positive goal differential.

Looks to me like another typical age group where we have failed to develop a large pool of decent soccer players.

The top 4 teams have a positive goal differential.   Right? This isn't Lake Wobegon.   Maybe one day we can live in a world where we are judged by the contents of our character and everyone has a positive goal differential, but alas, that is not today.

And one of the teams has a +25 goal differential through 4 games which tends to skew things toward "more teams with a negative GD" as well.   Once the Solar Storm passes through all 9 teams, maybe it will be less than 4 with a positive GD.   But right now, 4 out of 10.   Madness!  

Yeah, sure, it doesn't seem too far-fetched to me for someone watching D1 CL soccer to think "oh jeez".   But I don't think the GD is much of an indicator.   Hell, all the games could be 1-1 or 5-5 and that may mean everyone is great...or everyone sucks.   One team could kill everyone which may just mean that they are superhuman.   Or that 9 of 10 teams are full of soccer playing monkeys.  

I would bet, in general, that this age is just like all the other ages before it.   Which, again, would say that the tide has not turned.   We just happen to have one team that has done a much better job of consolidating older athletic soccer players (in this age-pure turmoil) than others.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/13/2016, 6:04 pm

finish1 wrote:What stands out to me in this age group is that after 4 games only three D1 teams have a positive goal differential.

Blame Solar Stricker for those high scoring Hijinx, Odyssey would rather switch the offense with the defense and make his players have 50 continuous touches before allowing a single shot attempt  once they go up and the rest of us max out at about 3 or 4 regardless of our intentions.

Stricker goes full auto with his boys when the scoring factory is in full production mode so maybe I should ask Stricker to keep it down to 1 or none against our team. Does anyone know his private number?

Twisted Evil
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 9/13/2016, 6:32 pm

Look at the EPL table. After 4 games, only 8 out of 20 teams have a positive goal differential...looks like they, too, must "have failed to develop a large pool of decent soccer players."

I think 4 out of 10 is about right. It would make sense in a group of 10 teams to see roughly 4 positive GDs at the top, 4 negative GDs at the bottom, and 2 zero GDs in the middle...I mean they are all playing each other...

TayJ6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 9/13/2016, 9:04 pm

13, we can agree completely on your last paragraph. Which, of course, underscores my point.

PLF, yes, I have his cell number, but it's not worth the call.

TayJ, interesting you had to take your positive goal differential ratio all the way down to the bottom of the EPL table to sort of make your point.

But alas, 8 of the top 10 in the EPL have positive goal differentials, while number 9, Middlesbrough, is even at zero. In fact, one must drop all the way to the 10th spot to find a negative number, where Watford sits at -1.

Suppose your "quoted" null hypothesis H is true.
It follows from H that a certain outcome O is improbable.
But O is actually observed.
Therefore, H is very improbable.

Certainly it is preposterous to compare player development of U15s in Dallas with professional players in the EPL.

Best of luck and carry on.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 9/13/2016, 9:44 pm

Point is, when scaled to a larger sample of 20 teams in stead of 10, assuming the teams are only playing each other, they have the exact same percentage of teams with a positive goal differential...40%. It is a very common and almost ideal result.
It's not about top 4 or top 8, it's about relative to entire group.

Simpler terms...
Goal differential within group says NOTHING about how talented the player pool is, only how evenly it is distributed between the teams.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 9/14/2016, 7:59 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:

Blame Solar Stricker for those high scoring Hijinx, Odyssey would rather switch the offense with the defense and make his players have 50 continuous touches before allowing a single shot attempt  once they go up and the rest of us max out at about 3 or 4 regardless of our intentions.

Stricker goes full auto with his boys when the scoring factory is in full production mode so maybe I should ask Stricker to keep it down to 1 or none against our team. Does anyone know his private number?

Twisted Evil

I believe if you just dial 666 and hit send on your cell phone it takes you right to his private cell.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick on 9/14/2016, 8:31 am

Well if we're done bashing Stricker, would anyone care to make any predictions for the games on Saturday?

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 9/14/2016, 8:54 am

Prediction.....team that scores the most goals wins.....

I think the two interesting games this weekend are FCD vs Odys and DTS vs LP Rush. Both results may give us some indications on how these teams stack up.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/14/2016, 9:05 am

Gator Chick wrote:Well if we're done bashing Stricker, would anyone care to make any predictions for the games on Saturday?

C'mon now don't be a Killjoy...The 666 post by Zero had me LMAO. jocolor

Back to Businesss:
DTS over Rush (DTS needs a team leader to emerge or Rush will upset)
Andro (aka Solar Chelsea Andro) over Real GP (Kickball Extravaganza)
Ody over FCDP or Draw (Draw would be better)
Stricker over Hunt (Hunt can Score if Man child breaks through)
Castro Gold over Cruz Azul (Solar needs to show why they are a Top 5)
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 9/14/2016, 9:57 am

zero wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:

Twisted Evil

I believe if you just dial 666 and hit send on your cell phone it takes you right to his private cell.

FYI, the # for Stricker is incorrect... I just tried it and got a voicemail for some guy named Hassan???
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/14/2016, 10:12 am

hanallalone wrote:
FYI, the # for Stricker is incorrect...  I just tried it and got a voicemail for some guy named Hassan???  

I should have recognized that was the Dark Lord's number, I still have him on my Speed Dial from youth academy. ROTFL!

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/16/2016, 11:50 am

OMG 8 am games on a Saturday,  this may affect some of my predictions (aka swag) because Friday night activities have the tendency to put BB's at a disadvantage with mixed results as they struggle to wake up during the first half of the game.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/17/2016, 11:41 am

Stricker 2-1 over Hunt, but what a great game! Hunt definitely could have won and Stricker finally got some successful pushback by the Hunt team and was unable to get the scoring factory in production. I hope that Hunt realizes that this was an excellent indicator of what is possible for them.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer14fanatic on 9/17/2016, 11:49 am

7-1 andro over real gp

Soccer14fanatic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/17/2016, 12:06 pm

Adames DTS 1-1 Trevino Liverpool
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 9/17/2016, 12:12 pm

Fcd 6 Ody 2. PLf too nice to post.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/17/2016, 12:12 pm

Soccer14fanatic wrote:7-1 andro over real gp

I was hoping that Real GP would find a way to keep it closer than that, what happened?
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/17/2016, 12:21 pm

What was the Solar Gold Cruz Azul result?
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 9/17/2016, 12:39 pm

I believe it was 2-2 (but some one check me on that)

DTS and LP Rush tided 1-1
FCD was up on Ody 5-2 last I heard.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 on 9/17/2016, 1:14 pm

What happen to Ody? Looks like they had some defense issues. Or was FCD that strong?

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 9/17/2016, 1:20 pm

They were pretty strong. We had all sorts of issues.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 9/17/2016, 1:53 pm

booe817 wrote:What happen to Ody? Looks like they had some defense issues. Or was FCD that strong?

On a day where FC Dallas played their best soccer, Odyssey came out and looked worse than I have ever seen them... From the opening whistle FC Dallas held possession, and the Odyssey group that is usually disciplined stabbed for the ball and chased like nothing I have ever seen from them... The 50/50 balls all went to FCD as Odyssey struggled to do just about everything from stringing 3 passes together to covering the back post on both sides of the pitch... The stabbing for the ball reminded me of an early 80s Domino Rally commercial, because as soon as the first player missed, the dominoes went down fast and in perfect unflattering time.... It was UGLY, and props to FCD for beating us in EVERY aspect of the match... Not to take anything away from FCD, but I think that anyone who faced us today likely would have earned 3 points; we were awful... FCD was VERY strong, and executed with perfection for 80 minutes...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerlife89 on 9/17/2016, 5:17 pm

FC Dallas had a good day, Congrats to Liverpool for keeping it close even though Stricker played a lot of subs with regional league next week. Texans game looked like a back and forth game from where we were. Andro was a little frustrated after last week hopefully we are here to stay. Real GP has a very good forward but coach playing a trap with the Andro speed was not very smart. I believe solar was winning 3-2 over Cruz Azul late update?

Soccerlife89
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/17/2016, 8:00 pm

FCDP had all of our DP's today and things went well for us against an Odyssey team that was not in their usual top form.

I wouldn't take much away from the game aside from the fact they were a bit unlucky in the first half and we were able to use it to our advantage.

The second half was better for Odyssey, but they were still struggling against an earlier goal difference that took the wind out of ther sails and FCDP was able to keep their lead.

Odyssey vs FCDP redux will be a different game so we are happy that we had a good result today.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum