Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DIV 3 BETTER THAN DIV 2 - No Longer a Question

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DIV 3 BETTER THAN DIV 2 - No Longer a Question

Post by Gameday 04 on 8/25/2016, 10:58 pm

A quick look at the DIV 2 bye teams and their activity thru the offseason.
What do their recent performances tell about how they managed the age pure mandate? Why have some teams kept it on the down low?
And why haven't any of them taken up Falls Town??

ANDROMEDA 04, Haylocks existing 05 team from last season that finished 11th place in Div 1 during their initial Classic season. Are there any new "true" 04 players?  
Did well in the Premiere Cup tournament vs other converted 05 teams, an Arlington team and a team from south Texas.  

ATHLETICO ESPANOL last seasons DIV 2 winner has taken it easy this summer off-season.  In their last tournament vs familiar foes produced a -5 goal differential.

AYSES GOLD looks to have had a productive off-season while posting 17 goals for and 0 goals against cruising to a convincing win at the Texas Summer Classic.  (Air quality apparently not an issue.)

DALLAS COSMOS underwhelmed with a -17 goal differential in their initial Classic campaign.  There are rumors that they put together a team in order to claim the Bye?  Hard to argue when you look at their last tournament results going 0-3 with a -7 goal differential.

DALLAS TEXANS RED is gotsoccer number 98 ranked.  At the Texas Summer Classic went winless vs Andromeda Haylock and Ayses Gold with a -3 goal differential.

DALLAS TIGRES tested the "playing up" waters back in May in the Jalapeno Tree Tournament vs 04 talent producing 1 win and 2 losses and a -4 goal differential. Did they bring in new and bigger players?

FC DALLAS "North Blue", the franchise is expected to field a team?

FC DALLAS ETX (-26 goal differential initial Classic Season) went for 1 win 2 losses 1 tie in their last tournament with a -5 goal diferential.

FC PREMIERE 04 GREEN, apparently still looking for a goal keeper and lost 1-3 to Barcelona (who failed to qualify in the Div 3 Challenge Tournament).

FEVER UNITED, the wonder boy has gone way of the DA.  The rumored patchwork rest of the team took a roadie to Oklahoma last weekend and went 1-2-1 with a -11 goal diferential.

Did the Classic committe thoroughly think this through?  
Will eight of these teams actually remain in Division 2 at the end of the campaign?

Last edited by Gameday 04 on 8/26/2016, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: DIV 3 BETTER THAN DIV 2 - No Longer a Question

Post by allen04 on 8/26/2016, 9:43 am

Will eight of these teams actually remain in Division 2 at the end of the campaign?

No. Two will advance to D1 and two will drop to D2; leaving 6.
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 8/26/2016, 3:56 pm

allen04 wrote:

No.  Two will advance to D1 and two will drop to D2; leaving 6.  

Actually at the end of the "campaign" (what is this an election year or something) there should be all 10 teams remaining unless one or more of the teams mysteriously disappear mid season.  This of course could happen if Giant Meteor 2016 somehow wins the election or one or more teams get abducted by aliens, which I suspect is more likely for the Ayses team than the FC premier team given that they practice more out in the fresh country air where there are less actual witnesses.  

At the beginning of next season (which I think is synonymous with a campaign here on planet earth) simple math does tell us there there should be 6 (not eight) of these original teams available for a BYE to remain in Classic League DIV2 as you Allen04 have pointed out .  Of course this is IF and only IF none of the afore mentioned events happen.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 on 8/26/2016, 4:15 pm

Hey Winki,
Your assertions are rediculous! Ayses are far more likely to be abducted by Sasquach way out there. The runway lights and bad air quality scare off the alien, parents?

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 8/26/2016, 8:36 pm

The runway lights are are for them to land. The truth is out there:)

BTW...it seems I've hijacked your OP. Sorry. Very in-depth analysis. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Best of luck.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarCoach01 on 9/2/2016, 10:22 am

I'm thinking most of Div 2 teams would get beat by the upper half of the Div 3s.. Watch how the tournaments play out. Ayses, notwithstanding Smile

SolarCoach01
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 9/2/2016, 1:04 pm

SolarCoach01 wrote:I'm thinking most of Div 2 teams would get beat by the upper half of the Div 3s..  Watch how the tournaments play out.  Ayses, notwithstanding Smile

So what you are saying is that pre July 1 signing, older Spring 04's (7th graders), some whom may already have been playing at the D2 or even D1 level decided not only to move down an age group and play with younger Fall 04's (6th graders), but also decided to move down a skill level and play with these 6th graders that were on teams that either had a D3 bye, or still had to challenge to get one.  Nothing wrong with being optimistic...especially in an election year:)

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 on 9/4/2016, 10:33 pm

More definative proof from the Labor Day tournament-

Solar Chelsea 2 - 0 Dallas Texans Red
Solar Chelsea 4 - 0 FCD "North Blue"
Crush            3 - 1 Andromeda

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Very Insightful Call!

Post by JonathanChurch77 on 9/6/2016, 10:49 am

Gameday 04 wrote:ANDROMEDA 04, Haylocks existing 05 team from last season that finished 11th place in Div 1 during their initial Classic season. Are there any new "true" 04 players?  
Did well in the Premiere Cup tournament vs other converted 05 teams, an Arlington team and a team from south Texas.

Haylock failed to pull it together to show at the SILVER (WOW!) level for Plano tournament this past weekend, getting beat bad by teams that would not even be able to play in Classic League. This team is dead and the players are not even close to expectations for Classic League D3. They should be relegated down to Plano. I predict they will be last place this year. The midfield is slow, unskilled, and cannot control the game and the defense cannot keep up with constant pressure. Maybe the worst midfield in the D2 pool.

Gameday 04 wrote:ATHLETICO ESPANOL last seasons DIV 2 winner has taken it easy this summer off-season.  In their last tournament vs familiar foes produced a -5 goal differential.

We will see this trend to continue. Any good players would have moved to a DA team or one of the top FCD teams. Gomez loves these players and he would have recruited them.

Gameday 04 wrote:AYSES GOLD looks to have had a productive off-season while posting 17 goals for and 0 goals against cruising to a convincing win at the Texas Summer Classic.  (Air quality apparently not an issue.)

Clearly a team that won with the change in true age rules. They are playing well below their level and will dominate Classic League D2. Very strong offense and defense. Still needs a midfield. We will see them advice to D1 next year.

Gameday 04 wrote:DALLAS COSMOS underwhelmed with a -17 goal differential in their initial Classic campaign.  There are rumors that they put together a team in order to claim the Bye?  Hard to argue when you look at their last tournament results going 0-3 with a -7 goal differential.

Oh Well, not worth reviewing.

Gameday 04 wrote:DALLAS TEXANS RED is gotsoccer number 98 ranked.  At the Texas Summer Classic went winless vs Andromeda Haylock and Ayses Gold with a -3 goal differential.

Oh Well, not worth reviewing. All the good players went to DA.

Gameday 04 wrote:DALLAS TIGRES tested the "playing up" waters back in May in the Jalapeno Tree Tournament vs 04 talent producing 1 win and 2 losses and a -4 goal differential. Did they bring in new and bigger players?

I have no idea and never seen them play. May worth seeing?

Gameday 04 wrote:FC DALLAS "North Blue", the franchise is expected to field a team?

FCD DA pulled all good kids from the pool. The FCD teams to watch are those stacked by Gomez during the pool training this year. FCD Premier and FCD Pino will dominate. Both teams have a stacked offense and midfield. FCD Premier may have a better defense.

Gameday 04 wrote:FC DALLAS ETX (-26 goal differential initial Classic Season) went for 1 win 2 losses 1 tie in their last tournament with a -5 goal diferential.

Oh Well, not worth reviewing. All the good players went to DA.

Gameday 04 wrote:FC PREMIERE 04 GREEN, apparently still looking for a goal keeper and lost 1-3 to Barcelona (who failed to qualify in the Div 3 Challenge Tournament).

This team was decimated during the FCD pool training and early recruiting by FCD DA program. They lost big in midfield and striker position. They failed to show in the Plano Tournament losing every game. At least they played Gold unlike Haylock's team.

Gameday 04 wrote:FEVER UNITED, the wonder boy has gone way of the DA.  The rumored patchwork rest of the team took a roadie to Oklahoma last weekend and went 1-2-1 with a -11 goal diferential.

No idea.

Gameday 04 wrote:Did the Classic committe thoroughly think this through?  

JonathanChurch77
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lookintoplay on 9/6/2016, 2:04 pm

I think you have the wrong team here, before posting and putting down almost every team and player in an entire league. You might want to make sure you are bashing the right team. I believe you have made a mistake on the following team.

"FC PREMIERE 04 GREEN, apparently still looking for a goal keeper and lost 1-3 to Barcelona (who failed to qualify in the Div 3 Challenge Tournament).

This team was decimated during the FCD pool training and early recruiting by FCD DA program. They lost big in midfield and striker position. They failed to show in the Plano Tournament losing every game. At least they played Gold unlike Haylock's team. "

Just saying if your going to bash, make sure you get it right. Carry on.

lookintoplay
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by JonathanChurch77 on 9/6/2016, 2:56 pm

lookintoplay wrote:I think you have the wrong team here, before posting and putting down almost every team and player in an entire league.  You might want to make sure you are bashing the right team.  I believe you have made a mistake on the following team.

"FC PREMIERE 04 GREEN, apparently still looking for a goal keeper and lost 1-3 to Barcelona (who failed to qualify in the Div 3 Challenge Tournament).

This team was decimated during the FCD pool training and early recruiting by FCD DA program. They lost big in midfield and striker position. They failed to show in the Plano Tournament losing every game. At least they played Gold unlike Haylock's team. "  

Yes, thank you, I may be confusing FC Premiere 04 Green (i think Opoku) with FC Premiere 04 Forzi. I am not sure about 'Green'. I thought it was Forzi's 04 team. Last Year Forzi had a strong team; however, it is true some of the kids left and joined FCD DA program. Forzi should be proud to have developed kids at a level that are able to walk on to an FCD DA team.

I am sorry you feel like this is bashing. I am only laying out the facts as i see it and i am eager to hear others' opinions if they are not trying to hide it in a marketing companion for your club.

I understand this is a huge business for each club and FCD being the worst for collecting peoples money. I just think we; as avid fans, parents, and player need to hold the clubs and coaches to a new level of expectations. I am not willing to just sit back and watch the clubs and coach not put in what it takes to develop the kids on the teams and just believe they can collect a pay check. I get it, this is pay to play. However, the clubs and coaches need to understand a forum like this may impact what others think and say about you and at the end of the day their pay.

JonathanChurch77
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lookintoplay on 9/6/2016, 3:15 pm

no problem, do not have a dog in the hunt. I was originally interested in the post because the original poster seems to be 4theloveofthegame under a different name.

Not involved with any of the teams but thought you should get a team right. Like you said this forum may impact how others think.

lookintoplay
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 9/7/2016, 9:20 am

JonathanChurch77 wrote: I just think we; as avid fans, parents, and player need to hold the clubs and coaches to a new level of expectations. I am not willing to just sit back and watch the clubs and coach not put in what it takes to develop the kids on the teams and just believe they can collect a pay check. I get it, this is pay to play. However, the clubs and coaches need to understand a forum like this may impact what others think and say about you and at the end of the day their pay.

Bravo.  Sounds like we might have something in common:)

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 9/7/2016, 10:15 am

Sounds like we might have something in common:)

77's are all bitter?
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 9/7/2016, 2:58 pm

allen04 wrote:
Sounds like we might have something in common:)

77's are all bitter?

No, we are perhaps naively optimistic that we can somehow make a positive impact, hence the inclusion of the lucky 77's in our screen names.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx on 9/7/2016, 11:52 pm

Lol, I also think you are confusing the Dallas Texans Red Team with the Dallas Texans Dallas team. I think there was one player from the Red team from last year who went to the DA team, there were several 05 players who went to one of Stark's 05 teams, and some of the other 04 players went to the Dallas team. There were several players from the Dallas team from last year who did go to the DA team and some to Stark's 05 team. The Red team referred to above is a new team who will get better as the season goes on. This bye belonged to Hodder last year. Partain took the Dallas' team's D1 bye.

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Impact05 on 9/8/2016, 9:34 pm

FC Premier Forzi lost all but 3 original players and one of those was his own son. 4 or 5 went to Liverpool, 1 quit to play football and the rest went "DA" mostly FCD-DA. FC Premier Green is Opoku and picked up some AP04's which made that team better but still new to each other - They should be interesting

Impact05
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 on 11/14/2016, 9:33 pm

7th Annual NTX Celtic FC Fall Challenge FINAL
TEXAS XTREME 2 - 0 FC PREMIERE GREEN
(Division 3 may be better than Division 2)

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 on 11/22/2016, 9:05 am

Here's just another example proving our point that Division 3 is better than Division 2. Just to clarify, the purpose of this thread is not to mock any team, it is more of a statement to North Texas Soccer and the leagues who in our opinion did not thoroughly think thru the Age Pure / Bye debacle.

LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP
U13 Boys Classic
(D3) RAYOS 2 - 1 (D2) FEVER UNITED
(D3) XTREME 7 - 2 (D2) FEVER UNITED

RAYOS 4th place D3 Fall Season
XTREME 3rd place D3 Fall Season
FEVER 2nd place D2 Fall Season

This is two weeks in a row that a D3 team has faced a D2 team in tournament play. Last week Xtreme beat 5th place FC PREMIERE 2 - 0.

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 11/22/2016, 9:53 am

Not sure about the 04s, but it has been my experience that there is not too much difference from #9-#28 in any age group... The top teams usually distance themselves and the bottom couple do as well... The middle could go any way, but there is usually one team in each division that clearly should not be there (too strong or too weak)...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 on 11/23/2016, 9:02 am

GOAL DIFFERENTIAL during the past two weeks of matches;
Div 3 vs Div 2
2 - 0
2 - 1
7 - 2
=
11 / 3

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fussball on 12/11/2016, 6:59 pm

Top 3 in each PPL DIV might be better too! Shocked
fussball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameday 04 on 3/12/2017, 8:01 pm

PRESIDENTS CUP - DIVISION 3 vs DIVISION 2

DIV 3. DIV 2 SCORE
#5 F.T. #1 Ayses Gold. 2-0
#6 Sol/Chelsea. #2 Fever United 0-0
#3 FCD Kang. #2 Fever United 4-0
#1 Chelsea E. #4 Athletico Esp 4-1
#5 F.T. #1 Ayses Gold. 4-3

Record 4-0-1
Goal Diffential 14/4

Last edited by Gameday 04 on 3/13/2017, 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Gameday 04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazza on 3/12/2017, 8:41 pm

G04
Your right!
Feel good?
Age change, good recruiting, puberty???
Who knows.

Gazza
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic_llama on 3/13/2017, 7:38 am

Like I have said in the past, it will take 2-3 years to get everyone where they belong. Without throwing any team under the bus and I'm not saying every team in D2 and D3 but the games that I have seen, there is a lot of kickball. At times it looks like a ping pong game. Kick it as hard and far to the fast kid up top. Again I'm not saying every team but most would struggle with the speed of play in D1 at least with the top 8.

It should be interesting who makes it out of the Challenge games to re-qualify for D3. 1 bad game or weekend and you could find yourself in Plano next year.

chronic_llama
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum