Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

06 Labor Day Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

06 Labor Day Results

Post by smculberts on 9/6/2016, 9:23 am

Two tourneys, Plano and U90. Congrats to PST Attack 06 Gold Salazar (Plano Labor Day) and to FC Dallas Youth 06 Academy Gall (U90c).

Plano Labor Day:
PST (3) vs. Dallas Texans Dallas (1)

U90c:
FC Dallas (4) vs. Solar Chelsea Barboza (2)

With those four teams, plus Solar Oglesby (went 3-0 in bracket play at U90c and beat FCD 06 Academy 5-2 on Saturday), the 06 group looks stronger each weekend. I don't want to forget teams like Solar Hildebrand, FCD Pino, FCD Lopez, Texans Adames, and others.

In U90c tourney, Solar Oglesby steamrolled through Saturday play. They won 7-2 over a team from Austin, River City Rangers. Then in their afternoon game, they came out and just whooped FCD Academy, 5-2 (was 5-0 early in 2nd). My BB plays for FCD Academy, so I have no issue saying they beat us down, in every position on the field. I know our coach would agree. Solar Barboza came out fired up to play FCD Academy on Saturday morning, and it was a slugfest with lots of free kick goals. 10yo GKs in a huge goal, with kids that can hit a nice high ball, tend to equal goals galore. And, it did. This game ended 5-5, as it should. Barboza then beat Hildebrand later in the day to head into Day 2 at the top of Bracket A.

Sunday AM, Olgesby kept their momentum going by beating FCD Pino and finished top of Bracket B with a 3-0 record. Barboza had a tough, physical game against River City Rangers, and tied 3-3 to secure top spot in Bracket A. FCD Academy had their wakeup calls on Saturday, and came out and beat Solar Hildebrand on Sunday morning to take 2nd in Bracket A. The Semifinals were a couple of rematches. Barboza put it to River City, winning 7-2. People were buzzing about that game and Barboza's style of play being fun to watch. In the other Semifinal, FCD Academy took round 2 against Solar Oglesby by a score of 2-0 to advance to the finals. Round 3 will be this Saturday in Classic League play.

The finals for U90c Labor Day tourney was Solar Barboza vs. FCD Academy Gall. Those in the know, realize this game has a lot of layers to it. Both positive, and negative layers. Lots of old teammates on the field, but sharing different sidelines. Same for the parents. FCD made some costly mistakes on the backline early, and Solar capitalized and took a 2-0 lead in the first 10mins. Solar controlled the tempo for much of the first half and had chances to take a 3-0 lead. FCD strangled the possession back and built momentum late in the first half, missing a key chance and then pinging the crossbar on another. The second half was back and forth to begin with, and Solar started to tire. FCD pulled one back off a corner kick, and then pulled even minutes later off of a fluke goal. Ball was hit into the box just to cause trouble, not an actual shot, and it found it's way into the net (my BB, and he admitted it was just a cross into the box). That goal took the wind out of the sails of Solar, but they kept clawing away and fighting. FCD found the net 2 more times and held on for the last 5mins. It was a great game, and I could watch FCD Academy vs. Solar Barboza or Solar Oglesby any day (same for PST and Texans). FCD Academy won, but I think multiple teams learned a lot about what they have going into this Fall league season, and going forward into the futures of these young players.

smculberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: 06 Labor Day Results

Post by melabrew on 9/7/2016, 7:57 am

The Silver division came down to Cosmos Barros and FC Premier Nezi. (For the sake of full disclosure, I don't know much about the rankings.) I was very impressed with the way Premier (was ranked 43 in TX and 1068 nationally at the time of the game) played Cosmos (ranked 2 in OK and 28 nationally). The two team played twice - the first game Cosmos took Premier 2 to 1 and again during the finals Cosmos won 3 to 2. To say FC Premier was the underdog during each round of the finals in a complete understatement. Great to see the team show up and exceed expectations!

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 on 9/7/2016, 9:51 am

Congrats to the FCD 06s and other FCD teams. They won 05, 06 and 07 gold brackets at U90C.

And congrats to FC Premiere on showing well. It's always fun to see progress and effort!

As for the gotsoccer rankings, they are of questionable value even at the older ages. But for the 06s, who have only been acquiring points for a few weeks they really don't tell you much. Even for the 05s, it's largely a matter of which teams kept old gotsoccer accounts and which teams set up new accounts.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew on 9/7/2016, 12:25 pm

OP05 wrote: 

As for the gotsoccer rankings, they are of questionable value even at the older ages.  But for the 06s, who have only been acquiring points for a few weeks they really don't tell you much.  Even for the 05s, it's largely a matter of which teams kept old gotsoccer accounts and which teams set up new accounts.  

I figured as much, but still as a D2 team Premier did show lots of improvement this past weekend. It was exciting to see! Smile

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum