Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League - Not Up To Expectations

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classic League - Not Up To Expectations

Post by Booya22 on 10/14/2016, 10:11 am

This has been my first exposure to Classic League. This league attracts the best teams in DFW????

- Worst warm-up area of any complex that I've been to
- Fields on top of each other with the smallest spectator area
- Balls from other fields constantly coming onto the field - Put up the freakin nets already!
- Requiring field marshals and fining teams who don't provide "volunteers"
- Referees who are worse than PPL (from my observations)
- Only league that I know of who cancelled all games last Saturday

I personally am quite disappointed by Classic League. The quality of the League does not match the quality of the teams. Am I missing something?

Booya22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic League - Not Up To Expectations

Post by melabrew on 10/14/2016, 10:17 am

I agree with the field marshal thing. Why?!?!? I would rather just pay a little extra to have them hire field marshals instead of making it the parent's problem. I've volunteered once (my game was rained out, so I didn't actually do it), but it makes me extremely uncomfortable to have to kick people out of games. Umm, no thanks.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 10/14/2016, 12:47 pm

I have noticed this year, its happened once in my BB's game, that the refs have let teams use ANY BALL. Seen at least 4 games this short season with 'non-regulation' soccer balls.

Why make such a production about every team buying 2 Select balls and then start the game off with a Nike EPL ball?
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 on 10/14/2016, 1:02 pm

allen04 wrote:I have noticed this year, its happened once in my BB's game, that the refs have let teams use ANY BALL. Seen at least 4 games this short season with 'non-regulation' soccer balls.

Why make such a production about every team buying 2 Select balls and then start the game off with a Nike EPL ball?

Fair point. Those select balls are crap though. :-). Nike Strikes are much better made. But we should all use the same crap ⚽️, I suppose.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballwork on 10/14/2016, 1:07 pm

The officiating has been the worst, inconsistent, and most ridiculous I have ever seen. Even by CL standards. Expanding to additional fields and number of games has really stretched the talent pool I guess. Nearly every week of the season thus far I have seen refs decide outcome of games rather than the teams. Non calls for rules that are supposed to be enforced and calls against teams that were not fouls to begin with. Someone said that parents were doing AR as well. Since Field Marshalls are required, they should be able to survey the officials as well as keep the peace.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer2 on 10/14/2016, 1:48 pm

I believe that this league has run its course. It really has become a joke and the Classic League folks are as easy to work with as a serial killer.

- Too many teams in both 06 and 05 that makes for a very uncompetitive environment
- Too may blowouts that don't serve either team well
- PUT THE DAMN NETS UP!!!
- Fields are too small and make for a very ugly game, even for the teams that know how to play
- Terrible referees - there are some good ones but the majority are awful - played an entire half in an 05 game before the ref knew that heading was allowed
- Cancellation of games when every other field in Dallas is open
- Rude staff
- Extremely dangerous warm up area, someone will get hurt and someone will be held accountable

With both the 05's and 06's going to Development Academy next year, Classic League will really no longer be relevant for the best teams in each age group. I think we will see the big clubs for the 07 age group decide to play each other outside of the league (or in another league) instead of having 16 uncompetitive games in a 19 game season.

slrsoccer2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew on 10/14/2016, 2:24 pm

slrsoccer2 wrote:

With both the 05's and 06's going to Development Academy next year, Classic League will really no longer be relevant for the best teams in each age group.  I think we will see the big clubs for the 07 age group decide to play each other outside of the league (or in another league) instead of having 16 uncompetitive games in a 19 game season.

Rookie question...what is the Development Academy? I have an 06 player and haven't heard of this before.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Booya22 on 10/14/2016, 2:50 pm

Development Academy is for the top teams from Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Solar who play in a separate league with teams from Texas South and neighboring states. Lots of traveling for one soccer game.

The majority of 06s will still be playing Classic League soccer and warming up in a rock-filled, uneven grass. Classic League is still relevant and I hope the league learns that the 9v9 field environment is completely unacceptable and make improvements for the spring or at least fall 2017. Unfortunately, I bet they don't do crap and that they'll still have all the top non-DA teams.

Booya22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 10/14/2016, 3:47 pm

melabrew wrote:I agree with the field marshal thing. Why?!?!? I would rather just pay a little extra to have them hire field marshals instead of making it the parent's problem. I've volunteered once (my game was rained out, so I didn't actually do it), but it makes me extremely uncomfortable to have to kick people out of games. Umm, no thanks.

Field marshals do not kick people out of games, nor are they to confront anyone.... not in the job description.

Field marshals facilitate communication between the fields and the medical staff, league officials and maintenance staff. Most important job is helping an injured player get medical attention as quickly as possible. Field marshall can direct visitors to fields, call for courtesy rides for elderly and disabled. Field marshall can use his common sense and call for help for unusual situations.

If you have the duty, introduce yourself to the ref crews - tell them where you will be. Take the opportunity to ask a question. Be visible and quickly accessible. Hopefully watch a good game. Observe the behavior of the spectators and hope that you don't appear to act that way.

The point about hiring marshals is worth discussing.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew on 10/17/2016, 3:55 pm

nearpost95 wrote:
melabrew wrote:I agree with the field marshal thing. Why?!?!? I would rather just pay a little extra to have them hire field marshals instead of making it the parent's problem. I've volunteered once (my game was rained out, so I didn't actually do it), but it makes me extremely uncomfortable to have to kick people out of games. Umm, no thanks.

Field marshals do not kick people out of games, nor are they to confront anyone.... not in the job description.  

Field marshals facilitate communication between the fields and the medical staff, league officials and maintenance staff.  Most important job is helping an injured player get medical attention as quickly as possible.  Field marshall can direct visitors to fields, call for courtesy rides for elderly and disabled.  Field marshall can use his common sense and call for help for unusual situations.

If you have the duty, introduce yourself to the ref crews - tell them where you will be.  Take the opportunity to ask a question.  Be visible and quickly accessible.  Hopefully watch a good game.  Observe the behavior of the spectators and hope that you don't appear to act that way.

Thanks for the info!

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HupHolland on 10/17/2016, 4:52 pm

nearpost95 wrote:
melabrew wrote:I agree with the field marshal thing. Why?!?!? I would rather just pay a little extra to have them hire field marshals instead of making it the parent's problem.  I've volunteered once (my game was rained out, so I didn't actually do it), but it makes me extremely uncomfortable to have to kick people out of games. Umm, no thanks.

Field marshals facilitate communication between the fields and the medical staff, league officials and maintenance staff.  Most important job is helping an injured player get medical attention as quickly as possible.  Field marshall can direct visitors to fields, call for courtesy rides for elderly and disabled.  Field marshall can use his common sense and call for help for unusual situations.

If you have the duty, introduce yourself to the ref crews - tell them where you will be.  Take the opportunity to ask a question.  Be visible and quickly accessible.  Hopefully watch a good game.  Observe the behavior of the spectators and hope that you don't appear to act that way.

Isn’t that effectively how the current system works? If your team doesn’t want to provide volunteer marshals, then you simply pay the CL fine and move down the road. If you don’t want to pay for marshals, then you provide the volunteers. Either way, you get the system you want.
HupHolland
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Booya22 on 10/17/2016, 4:55 pm

No. Classic League says that they will reschedule teams who miss their field marshal duties, which implies that they want you there and will keep scheduling you until you show up.

Booya22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 10/17/2016, 4:56 pm

I think I can help here. LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS. That should help. You're welcome
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by HupHolland on 10/17/2016, 5:16 pm

Booya22 wrote:No. Classic League says that they will reschedule teams who miss their field marshal duties, which implies that they want you there and will keep scheduling you until you show up.
Doesn’t that just change how often/how much you pay for marshals? Again, as long as your team can foot the bill then you just keep paying.  If the $ gets too rich, then you find 3 parents in the Fall and 3 in the Spring.  What am I missing?
HupHolland
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tib73 on 10/18/2016, 9:02 am

Booya22 wrote:Development Academy is for the top teams from Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Solar who play in a separate league with teams from Texas South and neighboring states. Lots of traveling for one soccer game.

The majority of 06s will still be playing Classic League soccer and warming up in a rock-filled, uneven grass. Classic League is still relevant and I hope the league learns that the 9v9 field environment is completely unacceptable and make improvements for the spring or at least fall 2017. Unfortunately, I bet they don't do crap and that they'll still have all the top non-DA teams.

Can you explain why are these the only clubs to have a DA? Sorry for the dumb question. I am not really familiar with this. For Example: I have seen Dallas KICKS (Carillo) play some solid games, and wondering what does this consist of. $?

tib73
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 10/18/2016, 9:22 am

tib73 wrote:
Booya22 wrote:Development Academy is for the top teams from Dallas Texans, FC Dallas and Solar who play in a separate league with teams from Texas South and neighboring states. Lots of traveling for one soccer game.

Can you explain why are these the only clubs to have a DA? Sorry for the dumb question. I am not really familiar with this. For Example: I have seen Dallas KICKS (Carillo) play some solid games, and wondering what does this consist of. $?

I'll try. http://www.ussoccerda.com/overview The primary determination for club selection is training facilities, coaching and the clubs ability to pay for said facilities and coaching. if classic league had 1 division, soccer would be much more competitive. adding 2nd and 3rd just dilutes talent.

Following a comprehensive review of elite player development in the United States and around the world, U.S. Soccer created the Development Academy in 2007. The Academy Program's philosophy is based on increased training, less total games, and more meaningful games using international rules of competition.

The Academy has 96 total clubs, comprised of teams in three age groups: U-13/14, U-15/16, and U-17/18. The Academy is currently in the process of expanding its programming to include 56 new clubs at the U-12 age group and to develop a Girls' Development Academy that will begin in Fall 2017.
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tshirtfan on 10/29/2016, 7:36 pm

I got to see a couple games today. One game, the first half of a game today was officiated great, the second half was called completely one way with 2 yellow cards being given to one team. After the game, the ref says he had to appease the parents on the team getting beat because they were yelling about everything and the game sheet was clear of any cards he had given. The better team did win, however handing out phony yellow cards and giving countless free kicks to calm parents down could have decided the outcome of the game. It was dissappointing to say the least.

tshirtfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 10/29/2016, 11:36 pm

tshirtfan wrote:I got to see a couple games today. One game, the first half of a game today was officiated great, the second half was called completely one way with 2 yellow cards being given to one team. After the game, the ref says he had to appease the parents on the team getting beat because they were yelling about everything and the game sheet was clear of any cards he had given. The better team did win, however handing out phony yellow cards and giving countless free kicks to calm parents down could have decided the outcome of the game. It was dissappointing to say the least.

no referees in Classic give cards or call fouls to appease parents - they don't care what the spectators think. the referee crews collaborate after the game to complete the paperwork, so cards do not disappear. if this did happen, which it didn't, the referee would be uninvited, as one of the crew would notify the assessors.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballwork on 10/30/2016, 3:03 pm

Near the end of one game a referee actually had decided to give 2 yellow cards to one team. One for a monsterous and late tackle and the other for a player kicking the dead ball 40 yards out of play well after the whistle. The player that got tackled complained to the ref about the severity of the tackle and the referee stated that he WAS going to give two yellows but then he decided not to due to the complaint. The ref had previously waived off two or more tackles of a similar nature just minutes before from the same team. Refs are going to be the cause of some serious injuries by letting these games go to this point. And this "I'll just take them back" stuff is something you would expect a 10 yr old to do.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 10/30/2016, 3:06 pm

ballwork wrote:Near the end of one game a referee actually had decided to give 2 yellow cards to one team.  One for a monsterous and late tackle and the other for a player kicking the dead ball 40 yards out of play well after the whistle.  The player that got tackled complained to the ref about the severity of the tackle and the referee stated that he WAS going to give two yellows but then he decided not to due to the complaint. The ref had previously waived off two or more tackles of a similar nature just minutes before from the same team. Refs are going to be the cause of some serious injuries by letting these games go to this point.  And this "I'll just take them back" stuff is something you would expect a 10 yr old to do.
Whom did the ref have this conversation with? I've never heard a ref conversation with spectators PERIOD! (To use an Obama infadication)
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ballwork on 10/30/2016, 3:11 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
ballwork wrote:Near the end of one game a referee actually had decided to give 2 yellow cards to one team.  One for a monsterous and late tackle and the other for a player kicking the dead ball 40 yards out of play well after the whistle.  The player that got tackled complained to the ref about the severity of the tackle and the referee stated that he WAS going to give two yellows but then he decided not to due to the complaint. The ref had previously waived off two or more tackles of a similar nature just minutes before from the same team. Refs are going to be the cause of some serious injuries by letting these games go to this point.  And this "I'll just take them back" stuff is something you would expect a 10 yr old to do.
Whom did the ref have this conversation with? I've never heard a ref conversation with spectators PERIOD! (To use an Obama infadication)

To the player complaining about the tackle. Just about 20 yards in front of the parents and linesman. Not my fight since no skin in the game but it all seemed crazy that he would say that.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 10/30/2016, 3:12 pm

ballwork wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:

To the player complaining about the tackle.  Just about 20 yards in front of the parents and linesman.  Not my fight since no skin in the game but it all seemed crazy that he would say that.
Lmao. Prove conversation happened.
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ballwork on 10/30/2016, 3:22 pm

lmao is right. How or why would a person make this up as it is crazy. One of the middle fields at RC. Prior to 12 today.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 10/30/2016, 3:24 pm

ballwork wrote:lmao is right.  How or why would a person make this up as it is crazy.  One of the middle fields at RC.  Prior to 12 today.  
Some people make shite up to justify their position.
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ballwork on 10/30/2016, 3:29 pm

It was 01 or 02 game, I just saw where this is under the 06 header. It was not our game and would not need to justify for any other reason than the ref got it wrong.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum