Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League - Not Up To Expectations

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic League - Not Up To Expectations

Post by ballwork on 10/30/2016, 3:29 pm

It was 01 or 02 game, I just saw where this is under the 06 header. It was not our game and would not need to justify for any other reason than the ref got it wrong.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 10/30/2016, 3:31 pm

ballwork wrote:It was 01 or 02 game, I just saw where this is under the 06 header.  It was not our game and would not need to justify for any other reason than the ref got it wrong.  
There is a chance you are correct. We will never know
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 on 10/30/2016, 3:49 pm

That's not at all accurate. Our boys played a D1 game in which four yellows were given to the opposing team. Exactly none of those cards were recorded. The team in question only has only one card to its record.

nearpost95 wrote:
tshirtfan wrote:I got to see a couple games today. One game, the first half of a game today was officiated great, the second half was called completely one way with 2 yellow cards being given to one team. After the game, the ref says he had to appease the parents on the team getting beat because they were yelling about everything and the game sheet was clear of any cards he had given. The better team did win, however handing out phony yellow cards and giving countless free kicks to calm parents down could have decided the outcome of the game. It was dissappointing to say the least.

no referees in Classic give cards or call fouls to appease parents - they don't care what the spectators think.   the referee crews collaborate after the game to complete the paperwork, so cards do not disappear.  if this did happen, which it didn't, the referee would be uninvited, as one of the crew would notify the assessors.

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 10/30/2016, 9:41 pm

OP05 wrote:That's not at all accurate.  Our boys played a D1 game in which four yellows were given to the opposing team.  Exactly none of those cards were recorded.  The team in question only has only one card to its record.  

When you say "recorded", I assume you mean the database displayed online with the scores and schedules, as opposed to the game sheet.

This is the process:
Referee notes cards on the game sheet.  Managers (or coaches) for both teams are required to sign the sheet, acknowledging the score and cards. Some managers take photos of the sheet since they are required to track their teams' cards.  The game sheet is then turned in to the office.  Office person usually posts the scores fairly promptly, and the cards are recorded later.

What you described may be a clerical issue.  If the game was played more than a week ago, have your manager make an inquiry to the league.  Office will locate and check the game sheet.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew on 10/31/2016, 11:57 am

I am by no means a soccer expert, but we had one game where 2 fouls were called on 2 different goalies for our team, resulting in PKs. I have never seen this happen. In both instances, the goalie was going for the ball, as was the shooter on the other team. The goalie jumped on the ball and the player jumped over the goalie, took a couple of steps to regain balance and then fell. This happened twice with 2 different goalies. Nothing looked abnormal with either goalie. Was he just supposed to stand there and do nothing? Had it happened once, I might think it was a fluke. But twice with 2 different goalies? Uh, no.

During the same game the sideline ref called a handball in the box on the other team. The middle ref said he didn't see it and waved it off. The game ended in a tie, but the outcome was 100% determined by the ref. We felt completely ripped off.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 10/31/2016, 12:10 pm

@melabrew No one is saying that there are not many, many "mistakes" made by refs. It just may not be they are not corrupt like HRC lol
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew on 10/31/2016, 12:42 pm

No, I know. It was just the most bizarre game as far as the refs go.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum