Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

To Play, or Not to Play???

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: To Play, or Not to Play???

Post by allen04 on 10/24/2016, 9:48 am

The contrast between how people view school sports and select soccer has always amused me. There are a LOT of people who play school sports who accept zero/low PT with little complaints or insanity. Is it just the paying money that does it? The fact that you have options on select soccer? There are a zillion fools trying out for football and 60% of those who make the team don't play.

So many options for most of us with select soccer so its easy to move on. I wouldn't pack up the house and move out to Lovejoy just because my kids can't compete on a high school team in Allen.

allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/24/2016, 9:57 am

allen04 wrote:
The contrast between how people view school sports and select soccer has always amused me. There are a LOT of people who play school sports who accept zero/low PT with little complaints or insanity. Is it just the paying money that does it? The fact that you have options on select soccer? There are a zillion fools trying out for football and 60% of those who make the team don't play.

So many options for most of us with select soccer so its easy to move on. I wouldn't pack up the house and move out to Lovejoy just because my kids can't compete on a high school team in Allen.

Sure. Like you say, its easy to change in soccer. And we like easy. But the thing is that most people use "my kid is absolutely miserable because he is not playing" as their excuse in soccer. Nobody freaks out about their kid being miserable sitting on the bench in football. You aren't really miserable, it's just you have hope in the soccer scenario. And people love hope.

I suppose it's like being married to a loser. You are stuck and suck it up. But if you are married to a loser and getting hit on by hotter younger dudes, maybe you ditch his ass. I'm beginning to wonder if sending my wife to college with 22 year olds was a good idea.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/24/2016, 10:07 am

Soccer10Dad wrote:Not to change topic but im stuck in a similar situation but its not playing time, its the coaching im not agreeing with.  I was vocal to my coach about it and now all of a sudden my kids playing time is getting impacted.  Retaliation perhaps?  

At what point do you just pickup and leave?  I've heard our coach will not sign releases, that leaves me little hope.  Perhaps we can play indoor and non sanctioned leagues, (Primetime - PIT?), and train at city futsal until June.

I could lawyer up but that seems excessive  

What specifically do you disagree with? Tactical, personnel, or maybe the method of communication??? Some things are easy to endure, while others are deal breakers...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad on 10/24/2016, 10:18 am

hanallalone wrote:
Soccer10Dad wrote:Not to change topic but im stuck in a similar situation but its not playing time, its the coaching im not agreeing with.  I was vocal to my coach about it and now all of a sudden my kids playing time is getting impacted.  Retaliation perhaps?  

At what point do you just pickup and leave?  I've heard our coach will not sign releases, that leaves me little hope.  Perhaps we can play indoor and non sanctioned leagues, (Primetime - PIT?), and train at city futsal until June.

What specifically do you disagree with?  Tactical, personnel, or maybe the method of communication???  Some things are easy to endure, while others are deal breakers...

Lots of things actually, but to name a few lets see:

Expecting kids to know what to do without being shown and then belittled during games.

No reason to game-day lineup, kids showing up 5 minutes to the game and missing practices are allowed to start and play a majority of the game, I believe this comes from a win at all cost mentality.

Practices don't match game-day lineups, drills are practiced with kids out of position for example striker working on crossing and midfielders working as strikers but on game day its the opposite. Causes confusion.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 10/24/2016, 10:20 am

Nobody freaks out about their kid being miserable sitting on the bench in football.

Maybe select soccer needs to add bus rides and cheerleaders. Very Happy
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/24/2016, 10:33 am

Soccer10Dad wrote:
hanallalone wrote:

What specifically do you disagree with?  Tactical, personnel, or maybe the method of communication???  Some things are easy to endure, while others are deal breakers...

Lots of things actually, but to name a few lets see:

Expecting kids to know what to do without being shown and then belittled during games.  

No reason to game-day lineup, kids showing up 5 minutes to the game and missing practices are allowed to start and play a majority of the game, I believe this comes from a win at all cost mentality.  

Practices don't match game-day lineups, drills are practiced with kids out of position for example striker working on crossing and midfielders working as strikers but on game day its the opposite.  Causes confusion.

Is this a new thing? Was this coach different before? The belittling would stick in my craw too!!!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad on 10/24/2016, 10:38 am

Yes its new and it started slowly over time and got a lot worse after a poor start into the season.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 10/24/2016, 12:04 pm

Soccer10Dad wrote:Yes its new and it started slowly over time and got a lot worse after a poor start into the season.  

Fall season almost done - back away, keep a low profile and let it play out.  U15 and above breaks until after High School season ends, then returns for 5 or 6 games.  if no improvement and if you really cannot or will not endure this situation, contact North Texas and get a "release to rec", which is automatic and allows you to practice and guest play with any team who will have you.  The transfer period starts during the break - if you want to try to roster with another team, and the coach is a sleeze ball, bribe him to sign the transfer form, but you have to decide if it is worth it for a handful of games.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad on 10/24/2016, 12:22 pm

nearpost that's sound advice and I will relax, as you said, we're just about done with the season.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 10/24/2016, 12:35 pm

another option to consider is guest playing for another team while you are still under contract. NTX Soccer will sign any guest playing request (assuming your coach won't) as long as your current team is not is the same tournament or has a game/tournament conflict with the weekend requested. your coach might sign the guest player form without a struggle.
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/24/2016, 12:38 pm

nearpost95 wrote:
Soccer10Dad wrote:Yes its new and it started slowly over time and got a lot worse after a poor start into the season.  

Fall season almost done - back away, keep a low profile and let it play out.  U15 and above breaks until after High School season ends, then returns for 5 or 6 games.  if no improvement and if you really cannot or will not endure this situation, contact North Texas and get a "release to rec", which is automatic and allows you to practice and guest play with any team who will have you.  The transfer period starts during the break - if you want to try to roster with another team, and the coach is a sleeze ball, bribe him to sign the transfer form, but you have to decide if it is worth it for a handful of games.

S10D - Are you in the U-15 age group???
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad on 10/24/2016, 1:35 pm

Not U15 and sorry to take over this thread but I felt a lot of the points applied to me in my own way, my middle is U12, although I do have a U6 hence the soccer10dad.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/24/2016, 2:10 pm

You're not taking over our thread; this debate is for all competitive soccer families... Feel free to post it on the U-12 board to get additional input; I think it is an important topic... Good Luck!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 10/24/2016, 2:20 pm

Soccer10Dad wrote:nearpost that's sound advice and I will relax, as you said, we're just about done with the season.

Really? You are signed up until June. You have 8 more months of this and you find that acceptable? You wrote that your son (among others ) is belittled and 8 more months of that is OK with you?

Wow. What parents put up with when they are paying never ceases to amaze me.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 10/24/2016, 2:33 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:another option to consider is guest playing for another team while you are still under contract. NTX Soccer will sign any guest playing request (assuming your coach won't) as long as your current team is not is the same tournament or has a game/tournament conflict with the weekend requested. your coach might sign the guest player form without a struggle.

This is only true for the open practices period after State Cup and through June 30. Current coach must approve any other time.

NTX signs guest player forms for released players only other times of the year.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad on 10/24/2016, 2:49 pm

zero wrote:
Soccer10Dad wrote:nearpost that's sound advice and I will relax, as you said, we're just about done with the season.

Really?  You are signed up until June.  You have 8 more months of this and you find that acceptable?  You wrote that your son (among others ) is belittled and 8 more months of that is OK with you?

Wow.  What parents put up with when they are paying never ceases to amaze me.

To clarify, im going to wait it out just a little longer and see if things change and perhaps we win a few games and he changes his mood im hopeful. You're right about tolerating it, at times I need to walk away to avoid confrontation because the crap that comes out of this guys mouth is unbelievable.

Sorry im just frustrated

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 10/24/2016, 2:52 pm

Soccer10Dad wrote:
zero wrote:

Really?  You are signed up until June.  You have 8 more months of this and you find that acceptable?  You wrote that your son (among others ) is belittled and 8 more months of that is OK with you?

Wow.  What parents put up with when they are paying never ceases to amaze me.

To clarify, im going to wait it out just a little longer and see if things change and perhaps we win a few games and he changes his mood im hopeful.  You're right about tolerating it, at times I need to walk away to avoid confrontation because the crap that comes out of this guys mouth is unbelievable.  

Sorry im just frustrated  

To be honest with you that's better if you want to leave. Don't threaten as that is against the law, but if you can't get a release then you "will have to use any and all means necessary." The first step is a restraining order against the coach which means he can't be within x feet of your kid.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum