Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Pay to Play sports and club teams
by just-a-dad Yesterday at 10:31 pm

» INDOOR SUPER LEAGUE
by TikiTaka10 Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» INDOOR SUPER LEAGUE
by TikiTaka10 Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» Shouting in Spanish
by Socceroo Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» U11 Classic D1
by Socceroo Yesterday at 9:00 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:16 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Yesterday at 5:14 pm

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Yesterday at 4:49 pm

» D1 results & thoughts
by Soccer GuRu Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» Lobos F.C. Is looking for players!
by lobosfc17 Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» U8 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 2:05 pm

» U6 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 1:59 pm

» Plano Premier
by Cavazoscar Yesterday at 1:52 pm

» TOP 10 2009 TEAMS
by Coterminous Yesterday at 12:36 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Weds Night - Odyssey vs LP Rush

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weds Night - Odyssey vs LP Rush

Post by Forthegame4 on 10/26/2016, 10:36 pm

LP Rush 2 - 1 Odyssey.

Odyssey took an early lead. LP Rush came back with 2 quick goals. There was not any scoring in the 2nd half. Appeared to be a really even game.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Weds Night - Odyssey vs LP Rush

Post by booe817 on 10/26/2016, 11:11 pm

So what was the final score?

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 10/26/2016, 11:21 pm

LP Rrush 2 - Odyssey 1

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetouchpass on 10/26/2016, 11:27 pm

Forthegame4 wrote:LP Rrush 2 - Odyssey 1
so let's begin with the onslaught of "we controlled the whole game.." And "should have won 5-0". From the best team in the age group.....

In jest! Good showing for Rush and should help them in SRPL as well!

Onetouchpass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 12:07 am

I believe someone said that this team is not consistent??? Flip a coin... Ringing a bell??? Life is like a box of chocolates...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 10/27/2016, 6:06 am

Unfortunately it doesnt help in SRPL, only the First game counts there.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 7:16 am

Odyssey is playing ugly soccer in SRPL and Classic League... Our shape is off, our formation is not aggressive enough, and we are giving the ball away WAY too often... Ball watching, stabbing, you name it; we're doing it... I don't see it changing over night, so it could be a LONG November!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 10/27/2016, 11:17 am

"Stabbing"?
Where in the hell are the refs?!?
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 11:22 am

We might as well be stabbing; we damn sure don't appear to be playing soccer...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 10/27/2016, 11:40 am

Two important items:

1. Rush needs Odyssey to play well in SRPL over the next few weeks to maintain their involvement next year.

2. Unfortunately I predicted last week (or maybe two weeks ago) that Odyssey would begin to struggle. Too many games and too many younger players on their team. Odyssey has 7th graders trying to keep up with 9th graders (9th graders who are right now learning to play fast/strong 10-12th graders at school soccer. And while school soccer is poor it teaches a classic league 9th grader to play at a faster speed with older, rougher boys. Something the younger Ody boys are not getting if they are 03's). Someone video taped the Rush/Ody game last night. If this video is posted, watch it. Both Rush center backs and Striker are all three 9th graders (Jan-April 02 birth year). They were clearly bigger, stronger, faster than the Odyssey boy (the shortest one is 5'09"). Even to Odyssey parents on the sidelines were making these same comments. Toss in 10 classic games and 7 SRPL games to date for Ody and they are wearing down. This is why they are stabbing at the ball, dribbling the ball out of bounds and struggling against pressure. I think Ody returned more players than any other team in CL. Now that teams are starting to find chemistry, the younger Ody team will find it very tough the rest of the fall and entire spring season. Will they end up top 5, yes, but it will be difficult.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetouchpass on 10/27/2016, 11:51 am

hanallalone wrote:We might as well be stabbing; we damn sure don't appear to be playing soccer...

Let me pose a question. Do you think that perhaps your boys just might be not playing to their potential perhaps because of their sideline? I know that most teams have some parents on their respective sidelines that believe they know and some even DO know the game and voice that. I have to be honest, your sideline is quite harsh to your players. This HAS to be part of their struggles. These boys feel that tension from the sidelines.

I know that once I greatly reduces my instructions and negative tone toward my bb his play improved greatly. I would challenge your group to try a "sit out" for a game and let the kids play and the coach coach.

Onetouchpass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 12:10 pm

On top of the obvious size-age thing, ODY is playing without an aggressive attack, and with 1 person up top and a bad shape, the midfield gets worn out running up and down the pitch...  Last year we kept possession very well, but this year we are making unforced errors and basically forcing the low percentage pass in lieu of taking what they give us...  The stabbing comes from fatigue, and the fatigue from errors and bad movement off the ball...  I know it is easy to watch and critique, but I truly believe the predominately defensive formation that ODY never breaks away from is handicapping our ability to score...  5 in the midfield is great when you're defending, but on the attack you need more people pushed up to apply the high pressure and create errors from the opponent's backs...  1 guy up top vs. 4 backs is not exactly a display of good odds, and unfortunately we never break from this formation...  4-4-2, 4-3-3...  Maybe the mix up would breathe life back into this stagnant offense; the status quo is just not cutting it...  I think this roster is more than capable of being a top team, and you will hear no excuses here about our age/size; we do have a ton of skill and talent...  We just need to use our assets differently and we can turn the page on this ugly chapter...  Liverpool played well last night, and I'm sure they were pleased to not have to face ODY's potent attacker #10, who sat out the match with an injury... We will see how this group reacts Saturday night in the SRPL match...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetouchpass on 10/27/2016, 12:14 pm

hanallalone wrote:On top of the obvious size-age thing, ODY is playing without an aggressive attack, and with 1 person up top and a bad shape, the midfield gets worn out running up and down the pitch...  Last year we kept possession very well, but this year we are making unforced errors and basically forcing the low percentage pass in lieu of taking what they give us...  The stabbing comes from fatigue, and the fatigue from errors and bad movement off the ball...  I know it is easy to watch and critique, but I truly believe the predominately defensive formation that ODY never breaks away from is handicapping our ability to score...  5 in the midfield is great when you're defending, but on the attack you need more people pushed up to apply the high pressure and create errors from the opponent's backs...  1 guy up top vs. 4 backs is not exactly a display of good odds, and unfortunately we never break from this formation...  4-4-2, 4-3-3...  Maybe the mix up would breathe life back into this stagnant offense; the status quo is just not cutting it...  I think this roster is more than capable of being a top team, and you will hear no excuses here about our age/size; we do have a ton of skill and talent...  We just need to use our assets differently and we can turn the page on this ugly chapter...  Liverpool played well last night, and I'm sure they were pleased to not have to face ODY's potent attacker #10, who sat out the match with an injury...  We will see how this group reacts Saturday night in the SRPL match...

Your kids are playing on edge and deflated. It is so obvious from the outside yet you keep deflecting to the size thing. Yes that is an issue. But I can honestly say it's not the main issue with your team.

Onetouchpass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetouchpass on 10/27/2016, 12:15 pm

And judging from the PM's I am now getting, some of your parents seem to feel the same way!

Onetouchpass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 12:17 pm

Onetouchpass wrote:
hanallalone wrote:We might as well be stabbing; we damn sure don't appear to be playing soccer...

Let me pose a question. Do you think that perhaps your boys just might be not playing to their potential perhaps because of their sideline? I know that most teams have some parents on their respective sidelines that believe they know and some even DO know the game and voice that. I have to be honest, your sideline is quite harsh to your players. This HAS to be part of their struggles. These boys feel that tension from the sidelines.

I know that once I greatly reduces my instructions and negative tone toward my bb his play improved greatly. I would challenge your group to try a "sit out" for a game and let the kids play and the coach coach.

There is DEFINITELY a negative vibe and unnecessary pressure, but I don't hear much of that coming from the parents side... I think the team would play better if they were allowed to play without direction, period... They are 13-14, so they know what to do for the most part... We don't need to direct them on every single pass etc. Let em' play!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 12:21 pm

Onetouchpass wrote:
hanallalone wrote:On top of the obvious size-age thing, ODY is playing without an aggressive attack, and with 1 person up top and a bad shape, the midfield gets worn out running up and down the pitch...  Last year we kept possession very well, but this year we are making unforced errors and basically forcing the low percentage pass in lieu of taking what they give us...  The stabbing comes from fatigue, and the fatigue from errors and bad movement off the ball...  I know it is easy to watch and critique, but I truly believe the predominately defensive formation that ODY never breaks away from is handicapping our ability to score...  5 in the midfield is great when you're defending, but on the attack you need more people pushed up to apply the high pressure and create errors from the opponent's backs...  1 guy up top vs. 4 backs is not exactly a display of good odds, and unfortunately we never break from this formation...  4-4-2, 4-3-3...  Maybe the mix up would breathe life back into this stagnant offense; the status quo is just not cutting it...  I think this roster is more than capable of being a top team, and you will hear no excuses here about our age/size; we do have a ton of skill and talent...  We just need to use our assets differently and we can turn the page on this ugly chapter...  Liverpool played well last night, and I'm sure they were pleased to not have to face ODY's potent attacker #10, who sat out the match with an injury...  We will see how this group reacts Saturday night in the SRPL match...

Your kids are playing on edge and deflated. It is so obvious from the outside yet you keep deflecting to the size thing. Yes that is an issue. But I can honestly say it's not the main issue with your team.

I do not believe the size thing is the issue, and I am definitely not saying it is???
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 10/27/2016, 12:41 pm

I think it is the issue leading to the other issues. Size, strenth, speed....start to struggle here and you struggle everywhere, again Ody had played 17 games thus far this fall and younger age is catching them. (Rush has played 19) this was the evident issue last night.

As someone once said "everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth". 7th grader that is 5ft tall vs a 9th grader that is 6+, faster and stronger .... 18 games in 2 1/2 months.....sorry, can't be overcome at this age.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 10/27/2016, 12:52 pm

How many 7th graders can Odyssey possibly carry?
Even the '03s are mostly 8th Graders.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 12:55 pm

I don't think we have any 7th graders but I might be wrong??? We do have a few 03s and young 02s, but like I said:. I DON'T think that is our issue...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/27/2016, 1:10 pm

I kind of doubt it's the sideline. But who knows. You could see all air go out of balloon after first random 35 yard goal. "Here we go again". Followed by 2nd goal a minute later. So yeah I'm sure that is a lot of tension for some kids who are not used to losing games. But I'm sure from a variety of sources, likely most self-generated. I think LP had probably 5-6 solid chances to score...and every single one came from an Ody throw-in or free kick. That is how the game went. Sometimes you go on tilt.

Ody played with 14 kids with two of the bigger stronger faster ones out for the game. And yes, makes a big difference to be bigger and faster. Their forward clearly bigger and faster. They won more balls all over the place. My kid has had the flu over the past week and he probably wasn't helping the team out there a lot, usually he is decent. Those seem like facts to me, if you feel inclined to view as excuses, knock yourself out. Seems better than trying to find what to blame. Credit to Trevino's team, usually you put a goal in on them and they get dispirited. They played hard.

I looked at the video. Not a lot of good stuff on there by anyone on the field. Similar to in person.

Its not unreasonable to think that the kids who have not grown or hit puberty have the most to gain physically in the next 6month-year. So who knows. Might be a bitch for the rest of the season, or things may regress to the mean. Whichever way it goes, no point making too much of it. In the end, to paraphrase Palahniak, its hard to forget pain, and we learn so little from peace and happiness. Losing a soccer game, while it may be kind of frustrating at the time to all, isn't the worse thing ever.

No 7th graders. Ody had three 03 BY kids at the game. They are all 8th graders. Their two smallest kids are last week of Dec 02s.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 10/27/2016, 2:40 pm

Onetouchpass wrote:

Sorry but IMO you are flat out wrong.  There is no bigger difference with a year or 2 (since Ody has some 03s) than at this age.  I know some of the kids on that team and they have not hit puberty yet.  It is obvious from the bodies of boys on the other teams that they have.  This is why this is happening.  Period.

IMO opinion they will be fine (probably not this year) if they stay the course. They will catch up eventually. 100% of the time kids hit puberty. Some of the 03s will probably end up going age pure and they will pick up some new 02s and it will all balance out. I would much more concerned if this was a year or 2 ago or a year or 2 from now.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 2:49 pm

My opinion is that puberty does not make your passes go where they should...  We give the ball away often, and that applies to our pre and post pubescent players...  Losing doesn't suck if you play well, but we're playing bad, and that sucks ass!  No size excuses here; we are poor fundamentally right now ON TOP OF being a bit small and underdeveloped...  I can take the underdeveloped part, but I cannot stand the unforced errors from those who know better...

Last edited by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 10/27/2016, 2:52 pm

hanallalone wrote:My opinion is that puberty does not make your passes go where they should...  We give the ball away slot, and that applies to our pre and post pubescent players...  Losing doesn't suck if you play well, but we're playing bad, and that sucks ass!  No size excuses here; we are poor fundamentally right now ON TOP OF being a bit small and underdeveloped...  I can take the underdeveloped part, but I cannot stand the unforced errors from those who know better...

It makes your passes go where they should when you don't have to panic and get rid of the ball faster than you would like for fear of being either run over or manhandled. It also helps when you know the guy you are going to pass to is as big and as fast. It is amazing what some extra muscle and pounds will do for dealing with physical and mental pressure. I have watched a lot in this age group and age and size dictate success more than anything else at this point. In the next year or two that won't matter. Personally if I am Odyssey and their parents I realize this and stay the course and I am not Odyssey apologist.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/27/2016, 3:01 pm

It will definitely help them later on tho have had an ass kicking or two, but the decisions that are bad are usually the un-pressured ones... We are playing bad, and it is not because we are small... We are just playing bad...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick on 10/27/2016, 4:51 pm

I agree with Hannollalone...ODY is just not playing well right now.  However I think it will pass so no one should panic.  Those boys are smaller as a whole but they've been that same size all year and out of 17 games they've still won or tied 12 so 70% is pretty good...IMO.  I still think they move the ball better than anyone else in this age group.  All that passing is pretty but they need to be more aggressive by taking more shots & following instead of ball watching...all things that most CL teams need to do.  They will be fine in SRPL because the teams they face in CL are better than those in SRPL with the exception of 2 or 3...IMO.  Most of us parents on the sidelines are expert coaches & former world class soccer players so we know everything...lol but we do need to zip it & let the coaches coach.  Just encourage the effort but don't instruct..other than saying unmarked player on the backside Smile Hopefully Paddy will take a seat & just let them play for 1 whole game.  Even in the pros the coach has to let the players work it out from time to time.  Good luck this weekend ODY, LP Rush & Solar Red in SRPL.  Let's all go out to Mansfield & support our local teams as they show these boys from out of town how we do it in NTX Smile

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum