Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Weds Night - Odyssey vs LP Rush

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Weds Night - Odyssey vs LP Rush

Post by Gator Chick on 10/27/2016, 4:51 pm

I agree with Hannollalone...ODY is just not playing well right now.  However I think it will pass so no one should panic.  Those boys are smaller as a whole but they've been that same size all year and out of 17 games they've still won or tied 12 so 70% is pretty good...IMO.  I still think they move the ball better than anyone else in this age group.  All that passing is pretty but they need to be more aggressive by taking more shots & following instead of ball watching...all things that most CL teams need to do.  They will be fine in SRPL because the teams they face in CL are better than those in SRPL with the exception of 2 or 3...IMO.  Most of us parents on the sidelines are expert coaches & former world class soccer players so we know everything...lol but we do need to zip it & let the coaches coach.  Just encourage the effort but don't instruct..other than saying unmarked player on the backside Smile Hopefully Paddy will take a seat & just let them play for 1 whole game.  Even in the pros the coach has to let the players work it out from time to time.  Good luck this weekend ODY, LP Rush & Solar Red in SRPL.  Let's all go out to Mansfield & support our local teams as they show these boys from out of town how we do it in NTX Smile

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Forthegame4 on 10/27/2016, 8:00 pm

Well said. Good luck Ody and Solar (LP Rush is off this weekend). We are rooting for you.

Forthegame4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/28/2016, 7:20 pm

Gator Chick wrote:I agree with Hannollalone...ODY is just not playing well right now.  However I think it will pass so no one should panic.  Those boys are smaller as a whole but they've been that same size all year and out of 17 games they've still won or tied 12 so 70% is pretty good...IMO.  I still think they move the ball better than anyone else in this age group.  All that passing is pretty but they need to be more aggressive by taking more shots & following instead of ball watching...all things that most CL teams need to do.  They will be fine in SRPL because the teams they face in CL are better than those in SRPL with the exception of 2 or 3...IMO.  Most of us parents on the sidelines are expert coaches & former world class soccer players so we know everything...lol but we do need to zip it & let the coaches coach.  Just encourage the effort but don't instruct..other than saying unmarked player on the backside Smile Hopefully Paddy will take a seat & just let them play for 1 whole game.  Even in the pros the coach has to let the players work it out from time to time.  Good luck this weekend ODY, LP Rush & Solar Red in SRPL.  Let's all go out to Mansfield & support our local teams as they show these boys from out of town how we do it in NTX Smile

Love the positive vibe!!! NTX soccer is something that we can all be proud of, and it is nice that you keep that in perspective; we're all representing NTX when you break it down...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum