Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 11/3/2016, 11:17 am

Unfortunately, I couldn't walk around and watch any of the other '02 games, due to this DT South vs. Solar Castro being a VERY good game. (DT SOUTH 3 - SOLAR CASTRO 1).
Castro's kids dominated the possessions coming from the air. Every DT South game this season, the kids seem to wait for their opponents to win the ball before reacting. Whether the ball's coming from the air or on the ground, the Texans usually wait.
The Texans keeper played awesome against a very fast and strong Castro offense.

Anything from anyone on these other games?

LP Hunt 3 - LP Rush 2.

FCD 5 - Cruz Azul 1

Solar Stricker 7 - Real GP 0 (Dang! DTS faces off against this Juggernaut team next Tuesday.) Shocked

Odyssey 0 - Solar Andro 0. (I heard some cheering and shouting behind us. I thought someone had scored. I'm sure this was an exciting game).

Have a great week and weekend.
And...... GO COWBOYS!!!!!

SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by Number13 on 11/3/2016, 2:42 pm

If you heard cheering in the Andro/Ody game it was probably because somebody completed two passes in a row.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 11/3/2016, 2:54 pm

Dang it, Number 13!
I just spilled tea all over my keyboard, laughing so hard!
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 11/3/2016, 2:56 pm

I meant "spit", not "spilled".
Man, that was hilarious!
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 11/3/2016, 6:32 pm

I don't remember any cheering, but it could have been when some believed Ody scored in the 2nd half...  Not a bad result for Ody considering how many of the starting 11 missed the game due to injuries...  Pretty ugly match overall, but we survived...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerlife89 on 11/4/2016, 1:24 am

Just watched the video back of the game I think it shows clearly how many more chances Solar had. Solar also had 4 players out which cancels out that excuse. 0-0 fair result although Solar had many chances to end it in the first half.

Soccerlife89
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 11/4/2016, 7:40 am

Andro/Solar/White pressed very hard and effectively first half, got a bunch of turnovers, a bunch of corners, maybe should have gotten a red card on Ody for denial on a potential breakaway, and had two very makeable chances to score...one sky'd and the other saved. Second half was more/less the opposite. Goal for blue (if you believe little kids) not awarded due to CL being too cheap for goalline technology in such a high-profile match Smile, GK grabbing forwards foot to keep him from spilled ball, bunch of corners for Blue, ball down near white goal. Sort of strange as both teams did better into the 10mph wind. That was how I saw it going, maybe that is wrong. Certainly Andro could have won. I did watch 80 mins of video as well and all I remember thinking is that I need about three more Four Lokos so I can black out and forgot the whole thing.

That may be too harsh, I thought both teams tried very hard. I would imagine that is despite both dealing with late Halloween Mon and football game Tuesdays which makes Wed night games a challenge. An Ody kid who usually doesn't play did quite well and that made me happy. Peace.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 11/4/2016, 8:11 am

Soccerlife89 wrote:Just watched the video back of the game I think it shows clearly how many more chances Solar had. Solar also had 4 players out which cancels out that excuse. 0-0 fair result although Solar had many chances to end it in the first half.

FIRST HALF: Solar had more chances, no arguement there...

SECOND HALF: Solar seemed to fizzle out (maybe the 2 handed shoves in the back use more energy than just using your shoulder or making a clean tackle)...

As far as the 4 players for 4 comment, Odyssey was missing Solar's equivalent of #14, 2 very strong backs, and a midfielder - utility/offensive player who sparks the attack with his energy... These are 4 game changers! Pull #14 off the pitch for Solar and they don't have 30% of the opportunities that they had, so lets just say that the sun was shining on Solar in this match...

Out of curiosity, does the video show the goal??? Several of the players said it went in, but who knows... Either way it was a favorable result for Ody considering the circumstances...

hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 11/4/2016, 11:39 am

Looks like those two teams are fairly evenly matched. 1-0 and 0-0 results. Good games.

Why when I look at Strickers and Castro's games played, does it say 11, but only 10 games are showing? I am obviously missing one somewhere.
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 11/4/2016, 12:02 pm

They don't show the Aug 24th games. Stricker v Castro. Ody vs Trevino.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 11/4/2016, 12:06 pm

Thanks for that.

I was anticipating the release of a Podesta email to explain. Suspect
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET on 11/4/2016, 12:07 pm

But those games are reflected if you click on the Results link. Strange.
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 11/4/2016, 2:13 pm

hanallalone wrote:
Soccerlife89 wrote:Just watched the video back of the game I think it shows clearly how many more chances Solar had. Solar also had 4 players out which cancels out that excuse. 0-0 fair result although Solar had many chances to end it in the first half.

SECOND HALF: Solar seemed to fizzle out (maybe the 2 handed shoves in the back use more energy than just using your shoulder or making a clean tackle)...

As far as the 4 players for 4 comment, Odyssey was missing Solar's equivalent of #14, 2 very strong backs, and a midfielder - utility/offensive player who sparks the attack with his energy...  These are 4 game changers!  Pull #14 off the pitch for Solar and they don't have 30% of the opportunities that they had, so lets just say that the sun was shining on Solar in this match...  

Out of curiosity, does the video show the goal???  Several of the players said it went in, but who knows...  Either way it was a favorable result for Ody considering the circumstances...

Funny how you always attack the other team Ody plays for whatever reason. As for the game, i heard Solar/Andro only had 12 players so they must have been missing some players as well. My son plays for neither and i wasn't there but man can you be negative.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 11/4/2016, 2:29 pm

odie1993 wrote:

Funny how you always attack the other team Ody plays for whatever reason. As for the game, i heard Solar/Andro only had 12 players so they must have been missing some players as well. My son plays for neither and i wasn't there but man can you be negative.

Solar had four kids on their bench who appeared to be dressed out (Thanks, Sergio!), their roster lists 16 total. For all I know only one of them played and I have zero insight into who was missing. Ody had 13 kids who were able to play. At a minimum both teams missing kids. Who knew playing 20 games in two months was a bad idea?
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 11/4/2016, 2:50 pm

odie1993 wrote:
hanallalone wrote:

As far as the 4 players for 4 comment, Odyssey was missing Solar's equivalent of #14, 2 very strong backs, and a midfielder - utility/offensive player who sparks the attack with his energy...  These are 4 game changers!  Pull #14 off the pitch for Solar and they don't have 30% of the opportunities that they had, so lets just say that the sun was shining on Solar in this match...  

Out of curiosity, does the video show the goal???  Several of the players said it went in, but who knows...  Either way it was a favorable result for Ody considering the circumstances...

Funny how you always attack the other team Ody plays for whatever reason.  As for the game, i heard Solar/Andro only had 12 players so they must have been missing some players as well.  My son plays for neither and i wasn't there but man can you be negative.

My apologies if that was somehow construed as an attack; to me it was an accurate observation... An example of what I consider to be an attack would be like "That coach encourages his players to play dirty, and that makes him a douchebag", but I guess we all see things differently...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum