Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Congratulations Soapboxmom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Congratulations Soapboxmom

Post by Uncleof05AP on 1/31/2017, 10:45 pm

Soapboxmom, I saw that you settled your case against David Arciniega and Garland Soccer Association. I am sure that it was a successful settlement. I am surprised you did not post anything about it. Are you the new President of Garland Soccer Association? What were the terms of the settlement? Based on your demand for transparency, I am sure the settlement is not confidential. Once again, congratulations.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Soapboxmom

Post by Soapboxmom on 2/1/2017, 8:06 am

GSA asked to settle months ago.  We are in the process of negotiating the final settlement as the trial date is this Friday, but nothing has been signed yet.  I expect that very shortly the joint statement will be released and I can give you all the details. 

Where did you see anything about it being settled???
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 2/1/2017, 8:17 am

Soapboxmom, according to the records of Dallas County, your trial on Friday has been canceled based on the case being settled. Please see below, which was copied from the Dallas County website.

02/06/2017 Jury Trial - Civil
View Document TRIAL SETTING (JURY)

Judicial Officer
MOLBERG, KEN

Hearing Time
8:30 AM

Cancel Reason
CASE SETTLED

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom on 2/1/2017, 8:18 am

Well, I will be a monkeys uncle.  That wasn't there the last time I checked.  I guess we better get this signed quick!
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom on 2/1/2017, 8:49 am

Soapboxmom wrote:Well, I will be a monkeys uncle.  That wasn't there the last time I checked.  I guess we better get this signed quick!

Hopefully, you didn't let them off with the standard "no admission of wrongdoing or liability". And, if David A. is still President of GSA, then the settlement is a failure.
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 2/1/2017, 10:37 am

Soapboxmom wrote:Well, I will be a monkeys uncle.  That wasn't there the last time I checked.  I guess we better get this signed quick!

You're being coy albino
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET on 2/1/2017, 1:35 pm

Please, nightmaremom, you've been around the legal block one or a dozen times. You're well aware that once both parties inform the court that they have reached a settlement in principle, the court is all too anxious to remove a pointless trial from its docket. They have much bigger fish to fry than your senseless personal vendetta against David A. and GSA. We're all on pins and needles--how much, is David out as President, are you the new President, and who is your next target (other than Jevin)?
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom on 2/1/2017, 2:09 pm

How is any of this a personal vendetta?  Have you read all of the court filings?  They are public and free.
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET on 2/1/2017, 2:33 pm

Not all of them, no. I would probably shoot myself if I had read all of that mind-numbing drivel.  But, I've read enough to know this is personal.  Your pleadings and rantings here and on your realscam site are replete with talk of being kicked off the board based on a "phony", "trumped up" no-confidence vote by David and his cronies.  You also blame him personally for the disgusting actions of a couple of very bad actors in coaching positions as well as allowing a sex offender to drive his wife to the fields.  It is very personal to you.  Maybe vendetta is the wrong word but no one here is under any delusion that there is no personal animosity between you and Mr. Arciniega.  It's also very clear that the distaste goes both ways.

Hope you got whatever it is you were looking for so you will leave us all alone.
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 on 2/5/2017, 5:10 pm

Where is the update on the settlement?
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad on 2/6/2017, 8:53 am

My guess is that you won't get an update. I'm sure part of the agreement is for her to keep quiet about all of this and move on to her next victim.

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 2/6/2017, 10:42 am

She was paid to go away, which was her goal all along. We won't hear another peep out of here about how horrible the Garland Soccer Association is and how poorly it's run, and how it is single handedly destroying soccer for thousands of kids. Because taking care of all those kids was, afterall, the primary reason for her lawsuit.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET on 2/8/2017, 10:24 am

It looks like, despite her best efforts, she was unable to keep everything public and require transparency from GSA.  So much for talk of accountability, transparency, and making GSA great again.  Apparently, based on her lengthy silence, she may have been forced to stay quiet, not only about how much cash she received but also anything to do with  GSA or Arcieniega.  Without full disclosure, how can we possibly know whether she's lived up to her word to put all the money back into the children of Garland, Texas? Where's the social justice warrior known as Soapboxmom, now? House hunting, perhaps?
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 2/8/2017, 11:29 am

Yep, everyone has a price. As altruistic as some may seem, it's always about the money.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom on 2/8/2017, 11:32 am

The lack of transparency is disappointing. It doesn't make you any better than the people you and your website complain about.

I still remember when you called me asking for PrimeTime to contact the City of Garland to try and create a new rec league, as well as talking about the problems Denton Soccer was experiencing... Good times.

Enjoy your settlement money. Thanks for looking out for the kids of Garland.

Last edited by coachdom on 2/8/2017, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET on 2/8/2017, 1:09 pm

My guess is that to settle the case, she had to agree to confidentiality and that all the goading in the world will not get her to speak up if she wants to keep her money. Especially since she is online right now and has been every time I've checked the site. Clearly she is bound by the settlement agreement to keep quiet.
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom on 8/14/2017, 7:22 pm

Announcement
Heather Dobrott and the Garland Soccer Association and David Arciniega announce that all matters in controversy between them in the lawsuit filed by Dobrott against the Association and Arciniega have been compromised and settled. No payment of damages was made to Dobrott as that was not the purpose of her lawsuit. Further, Dobrott did not receive full reimbursement of her attorneys’ fees incurred as part of the lawsuit. As part of the settlement, a contribution to the Garland Soccer Association Scholarship Fund will be made in Dobrott’s name. The parties have agreed in their settlement to confer and discuss the issues raised by Dobrott in the lawsuit and to work together toward a betterment of the Garland Soccer Association and the children it serves.

"SOCCERGLAMMY wrote:

It was never about the money and before you start ridiculing her, maybe you should have asked questions from the thousands of families that have been hurt by that organization.

All but 2 board members were corrupt and have been voted out or quit as of last week thanks to Soapboxmom going out of her way to make sure that the facts were known of the fraud, racism, and corruption at Garland Soccer Association.

Many think of youth sports as being a sanctuary whereas fraud, racism and corruption cannot penetrate, but they often reflect what is actually going on in our society. There seems to be a broad agreement among many parents and Coaches that report this kind of activity as it is increasing at an alarming rate but never dealt with and the accused continue until someone is hurt and usually it is the kids.

All elected Board members are critical to not only the safety of our kids, but the future of our soccer community and they earn the Coaches trust and confidence to not only run in the elections but to continue to hold the position that they have been voted in to perform. Each Board Member should be held accountable to their designated area and successful major milestones one after another. The process of navigating through last-minute changes and requirements, undocumented processes, aging technology, child safety and free from any form of corruption must be addressed and eliminated immediately.  Each Board member should successfully execute and solidify their understanding and execution of the bylaws and procedures highlighting opportunities for improvement to the organization and mitigate all risks of corruption, theft, prejudice and discrimination to any and all members relative to any Soccer Association.

The parents, Coaches and players have had enough and each of those individuals were voted out this last week in the election. Now we can rebuild GSA back to the organization that it once was, when it was all about the kids. Hope to see each and every one of you at future elections to participate in eliminating youth sports corruption vs ridiculing someone who did stand up and fight for the kids.
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum