Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

National League

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: National League

Post by TexasFutbol on 3/16/2017, 12:17 pm

I think ya'll are forgetting this is a money making machine for these clubs and coaches..Not just soccer but Futsal, Baseball, Basketball, even Football..Your kid will be held on a pedestal till a better kid comes along, then... see ya!!Or even worse, sit the bench while he plays quest players or inter club transfer players...Is that being a scumbag? Not sure if everyone else is doing it...Some parents just insists on believing everything the coaches tell them, kinda like a cult following, some don't.

TexasFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 3/16/2017, 12:31 pm

TexasFutbol wrote:I think ya'll are forgetting this is a money making machine for these clubs and coaches..Not just soccer but Futsal, Baseball, Basketball, even Football..Your kid will be held on a pedestal till a better kid comes along, then... see ya!!Or even worse, sit the bench while he plays quest players or inter club transfer players...Is that being a scumbag? Not sure if everyone else is doing it...Some parents just insists on believing  everything the coaches tell them, kinda like a cult following, some don't.

That could be considered being a scumbag and if you posted about it, unlike many here, I would be grateful as I would want to know when doing my due diligence on a club. My personal opinion is that it all depends on what you are told. If a coach is up front and forthcoming with information then I would have no issue. Luckily none of the coaches have done that. I certainly hold coaches to what they say as they expect me to do what I say as far as paying the bill and as far as commitment.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2017, 9:07 pm

Gator chick,

Did your team get full roster participation in national league? We were qualified to play but with regular fees plus SRPL plus regionals plus national league you are looking at like $10k all in and that's tough for everybody to do.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick on 3/18/2017, 6:27 pm

Yeah when you also do 3-4 tournaments across the country each year too, it's definitely the cost of a good 1-2yr old used car

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick on 3/18/2017, 6:42 pm

Number 13:
I was surprised you guys didn't do National League because you did so well in SRPL. I did hear from some of the parents that it was too costly. It's a shame that we don't always see the best players or teams on the field but rather those that can pay. In the community where I grew up a lot of kids would never play club sports simply because of the expense...yet another problem with soccer in the US...IMO

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 3/18/2017, 7:34 pm

Gator Chick wrote:Number 13:
I was surprised you guys didn't do National League because you did so well in SRPL.  I did hear from some of the parents that it was too costly.  It's a shame that we don't always see the best players or teams on the field but rather those that can pay.  In the community where I grew up a lot of kids would never play club sports simply because of the expense...yet another problem with soccer in the US...IMO

That is so true.
And sad.
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick on 3/18/2017, 9:08 pm

Sorry about that number 13 I never answered your original question. Yes we had a full roster participation.

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum