Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Cup

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dallas Cup

Post by hanallalone on 4/14/2017, 4:58 pm

Had to check and see if you could say that word yet, nope...  F O R C E

hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dfwsoccerdad on 4/14/2017, 9:50 pm

FCD U14DA lost 2-1. Wow.

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick on 4/15/2017, 1:44 pm

Solar Red vs Texaans Academy game wasn't really close. Game could have been 6-1 very easily. Too many missed opportunities for Solar Red. They looked more like a DA team than the Texans...IMO.

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 4/15/2017, 8:55 pm

Solar Red lost in PK's to FC Golden State in the semi finals under the lights.  FCGS scored an early goal & dominated most of the 1st half.  Solar's defense held until the offense woke up.  2-3 great shots from the left forward went just wide of the right post in the 1st half.  The 2nd half belonged to Solar.  Stricker subbed @ 30 mins into the half which probably made FCGS feel good but Stricker's bench may arguably be a top classic league team itself.  The offense found a bit of rhythm & scored a beautiful tying goal.  The right forward beat the left back then sent a perfect shot around the charging keeper & into the left corner.  3-5 mins before regulation ended SR's left forward received a pass, came across the top of the 18, the right forward who scored the tying goal made a great run behind him to the left side where the ball was delivered, again with the keeper coming out he launched the same ball but from from the right corner.  This time the ball missed the right post by an inch.  Soon after that the ref blew the whistle.  Both teams battled during the 2 OT sessions where SR had another chance miss.  In the PK shootout the FCGS keeper made nice saves on Solar's 1st 2 kicks.  FCGS made their 2 kicks but Solar battled back making their next 2.  Not to be outdone the Solar keeper stopped the next 2 FCGS attemps in dramatic fashion.  Solar made kick 5 but so did FCGS.  In sudden death the FCGS keeper was able to make 1 more save then FCGS made their kick...game over.  It was a heartbreaking loss for Solar Red but a great showing against the 2nd academy team they played in the same day.  All the fans definitely got their monies worth

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 4/15/2017, 9:08 pm

Congrats to the team from Japan in winning Dallas Cup.  What a run by those young men.  They pulled out a must win final game in pool play, beating a Bethesda team that finished 4th in National League last month 5-0 to claim the last wild card spot.  Along the way they knocked off last years defending Dallas Cup champ from Germany then shockingly went on to knock off the FC Dallas machine 2-1.  Finally beating FC Golden State in the final 2-0.  Congrats again to those young men.  Have a safe trip back home & we'll see you back next year ⚽

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Solar Red vs Texans Academy

Post by dfwsoccerdad on 4/18/2017, 8:36 am

Gator Chick wrote:Solar Red vs Texaans Academy game wasn't really close.  Game could have been 6-1 very easily.  Too many missed opportunities for Solar Red.  They looked more like a DA team than the Texans...IMO.

Not sure that I agree with that assessment. One of the Texans called it "controlled kickball". I may ruffle some feathers but Solar was definitely bigger, faster and stronger (strangely, these don't seem to be overly important to the Texans).

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/18/2017, 9:27 am

dfwsoccerdad wrote: I may ruffle some feathers but Solar was definitely bigger, faster and stronger (strangely, these don't seem to be overly important to the Texans).

There is a difference between "not important to Texans" and "they are playing the hand that they are dealt".    I kind of doubt there was a long line of large uber athletic kids left in tears outside Ross Stewart during 02 Texans tryouts.  Very Happy I thought DT went real hard, tried to pass the ball to feet, looked organized, and didn't seem to need a lot of directions shouted at them from the bench.   Then they got tired and worn down.   And looked unlikely to win.  

2-1 felt about right on the balance of play.  
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick on 4/20/2017, 5:10 pm

No feathers ruffled at all my friend Smile  My comments are always in fun, nothing personal & completely my unqualified opinion...which to me isn't worth much because I'm not on the field.  My BB always tells me no one is as good or as bad as I may think...from the sideline.  "Controlled kickball" that's funny...I call it "hair on fire."  Solar Stricker teams from what I've seen are very direct by design.  They don't hold the ball, work it around for 10+ passes waiting for that perfect shot.  These kids make as few passes as possible & just take shots.  I think of it as Oregon football on a soccer pitch...fast, kick the ball every 2 seconds & swarm defensively...lol.  However I believe that if they decided to possess the ball, they could.  Again...my unqualified opinion Smile

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/21/2017, 7:26 am

I don't watch much Oregon football.  Maybe they throw a hail mary every play.  

Its probably mildly insulting to be called a kickball team.   Its probably mildly insulting to say that they killed DT and look more like a DA team.   I don't necessarily know if the DA hierarchy would see it that way.  Either way mild insults don't mean much, and Stricker has a formula that works for winning U15 soccer games.  And, in the end, maybe that is really all that matters and everything else is just gnashing of jealous teeth.   So kudos to them.

Still would have enjoyed watching them playing against FCD DA.  
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dfwsoccerdad on 4/25/2017, 9:04 pm

No insults to Stricker at all. The most amazing thing was how they handled the strong wind (something that all TX teams should be used to). Their passes were much more on target than the Texans. The Texans continually passed the ball too long and out of bounds. They never figured it out and all the screaming from the sideline didn't enlighten them.

dfwsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum