Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Pay to Play sports and club teams
by just-a-dad Yesterday at 10:31 pm

» INDOOR SUPER LEAGUE
by TikiTaka10 Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» INDOOR SUPER LEAGUE
by TikiTaka10 Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» Shouting in Spanish
by Socceroo Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» U11 Classic D1
by Socceroo Yesterday at 9:00 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:16 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Yesterday at 5:14 pm

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Yesterday at 4:49 pm

» D1 results & thoughts
by Soccer GuRu Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» Lobos F.C. Is looking for players!
by lobosfc17 Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» U8 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 2:05 pm

» U6 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 1:59 pm

» Plano Premier
by Cavazoscar Yesterday at 1:52 pm

» TOP 10 2009 TEAMS
by Coterminous Yesterday at 12:36 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

02 Boys D1 games this weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

02 Boys D1 games this weekend

Post by SoccerDad712 on 4/25/2017, 8:31 am

Any predictions for the D1 games this weekend? I know Odyssey and FCD have 3 games in 4 days. Odyssey had 3 very tough teams too. FCD of course, Texans, and Striker.

SoccerDad712
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: 02 Boys D1 games this weekend

Post by Number13 on 4/25/2017, 10:25 am

It will be exciting. Right now Castro leads with 7 yellows/reds, Trevino 8, Ody 9. Down to the wire. Hopefully Ody can pull through to the top, but looks like a top 3 finish is definitely in the cards. Punny. On the other end, Sawyer and DTS will have to put in some work to bypass Hunt, Cruz Azul, and Real GP. Can anybody raise their game and get an A&D hearing for 25 cards? I have my doubts but I was always a glass half-full sort.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 4/25/2017, 11:40 pm

Thursday night throw down:
Odyssey vs FCD...I'll take ODY 3-1 if FCD doesn't bring any Academy players.  I'll take FCD 4-0 if they do
Saturday games:
FCD vs LP Rush..upset alert..I'll take LP Rush 1-0 as they bounce back from a tough emotional loss to Solar Stricker
Solar Stricker vs Cruz Azul..possible trap game.  Will SR get caught looking ahead to Sunday's rivalry game against Odyssey & let Cruz sneak up & steal this one..naw..I'll take Solar in a close one 4-2
Odyssey vs DTS..the battle for 3rd place.  This is hard to call.  2-2 tie
LP Hunt vs Real GP..the battle for last place.  I'm guessing 6 yellow cards between them but a 4-1 win for LP Hunt
Solar Andro vs Solar Castro..game of the day.  Castro's team is too well coached to be beaten by Andro's 1 man scoring machine.  I'll take Castro 3-0

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gator Chick on 4/25/2017, 11:54 pm

Predictions fun stuff Very Happy
FCD 3 Odyssey 0
Solar Red 8 Cruz 0
FCD 6 LP Rush 0
Odyssey 3 Dallas Texans 2
Real GP 2 LP Hunt 1
Andro 3 Castro 1

Sunday
Dallas Texans 6 Real GP 2
Castro 2 LP Rush 0
Andro 5 Cruz 1
FCD 8 LP Hunt 0
Solar Red 3 Odyssey 1

Gator Chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/26/2017, 2:59 pm

Odyssey is a hard team to predict... To end the season vs. FCD, DT South, then Stricker (in 4 days) is BRUTAL!!! That being said, don't count them out of any of these matches just yet... If they finally decide to shoot when they're in range, who knows what could happen??? I honestly see a 1-1-1 result for these 3 at BEST, but just for the fun of it: Odyssey​ will FINALLY "lett-er rip", score 7 goals in 3 games, and allow 2 (an own goal and a bogus PK)... A pot of gold really DOES exist at the end of the rainbow!!!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/28/2017, 8:27 am

Thursday Result:
Odyssey 2
FCD 1

Windy game, but Ody came back from 1-0 deficit to clinch a much needed victory...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad712 on 4/28/2017, 8:39 am

yah, what a win for ody. They needed that. Did FCD bring their academy players? I watched like the last 20 minutes and saw the last goal. Kudos to that kid, he did decent when i watched but he did finish when he needed to. Also, Odysseys Center back was an absolute beast. Nothing was getting past that kid.

SoccerDad712
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/28/2017, 9:00 am

SoccerDad712 wrote:Did FCD bring their academy players?

If I remember #s correctly, FCD had the five kids who played as DP players in the lone DA game.  Plus kid who started season on Castro DA.   In other words, their CL roster.   They looked very good IMO for large portions of the game.    

Was probably the only CL game I have seen where both teams just subbed in their entire bench at once both halves.   20-25 mins into the half....Take out 5, put in 5, trust kids, see what happens.  Thumbs up to both coaches.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Predictions

Post by Soccerlife89 on 4/28/2017, 11:58 am

Gator Chick wrote:Predictions fun stuff Very Happy
FCD 3 Odyssey 0
Solar Red 8 Cruz 0
FCD 6 LP Rush 0
Odyssey 3 Dallas Texans 2
Real GP 2 LP Hunt 1
Andro 3 Castro 1

Sunday
Dallas Texans 6 Real GP 2
Castro 2 LP Rush 0
Andro 5 Cruz 1
FCD 8 LP Hunt 0
Solar Red 3 Odyssey 1

Little fun-
Solar Red 5 Cruz 1 - Getting ready for Sunday
FCD 4 LP Rush 0
Odyssey 1 Dallas Texans 1
Real GP 2 LP Hunt 2
Sawyer 1 Castro 1

Sunday
Dallas Texans 4 Real GP 1
Castro 2 LP Rush 1
Sawyer 4 Cruz 0
FCD 5 LP Hunt 0
Solar Red 3 Odyssey

I think everyone forgets there is no more Andro.(Solar). The so called goal scoring machine has not scored any of the teams last 5 goals if i am correct. If the team could score consistently they could play with anyone. To many ties this season.(Tied Texans 2 and Odyssey 1) Total of 6 ties(Couple of bad ties Azul and GP). The entire roster is made up of players who played D2/D3. Not bad for their first year in D1 & for a team that was D3 two years ago. It has been a fun experience.

Soccerlife89
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 4/30/2017, 5:54 pm

Big win for Odyssey over Solar Stricker today 1-0.  Neither team could do much with the 40mph East to West winds.  Solar had several good scoring chances in the 1st half but each time the Odyseey defense turned them away.  Hats off to the Odyssey keeper!  He played very well...coming off the line aggressively when needed.  Odyssey scored on a free kick that was headed in 17:00 mins into the 2nd half.  Then both teams took turns attacking each other's defense but no success.  Congrats to Odyssey for bouncing back after a tough loss yesterday to DTS.  Solar Stricker & Odyssey will represent NTX at the June Regionals in North Carolina so good luck to both.  Next up...State Cup starting Thursday.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plano02 on 4/30/2017, 6:20 pm

The wind made it a terrible game.

I think Odyssey had one chance on goal and they scored. Solar had between 5 and 10 and they couldn't score after a goalfest season. That was the story of the game.

Congratulations to Solar and coach Stricker on a dominant league win, backed up by a SRPL title, National League 2nd placing, Dallas Cup semi-final and Regionals and Nationals qualification for summer soccer.

This loss was a good lesson...at the right time...to refocus on the important things coming up.

plano02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/30/2017, 8:04 pm

Dragon Nation wrote:Congrats to Odyssey for bouncing back after a tough loss yesterday to DTS.  Solar Stricker & Odyssey will represent NTX at the June Regionals in North Carolina so good luck to both.  

Hey thanks.   I think mostly just glad to be done with the CL season and this run of games.  Best of luck to you as well.

plano02 wrote:The wind made it a terrible game.  

I think Odyssey had one chance on goal and they scored. Solar had between 5 and 10 and they couldn't score after a goalfest season.  That was the story of the game.

The wind made it a more terrible game than it might have been.  No doubt.   May have effected how it was played.   It did allow for a handful of shots from midfield.  Wheeee!  I'm not the most positive rosy outlook guy in the world and it never felt like being involved in anything that wasn't more/less balanced.   Maybe I just don't care enough.   Ody GK caught long balls well and denied one chance when one of the balls into box fell to a blue shirt and was struck on target.    

I'm sure Solar has played better in other games.  They sure have a lot of kids on the team.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum