Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Pay to Play sports and club teams
by just-a-dad Yesterday at 10:31 pm

» INDOOR SUPER LEAGUE
by TikiTaka10 Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» INDOOR SUPER LEAGUE
by TikiTaka10 Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» Shouting in Spanish
by Socceroo Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» U11 Classic D1
by Socceroo Yesterday at 9:00 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:16 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - League Challenge Cup (Nov. 17-19)
by U90C Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open - Austin, TX - Dec 8-10
by U90C Yesterday at 5:14 pm

» Register Now!! - 2017 PrimeTime Sports Thanksgiving Shootout
by PrimeTimeSoccer Yesterday at 4:49 pm

» D1 results & thoughts
by Soccer GuRu Yesterday at 4:30 pm

» Lobos F.C. Is looking for players!
by lobosfc17 Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» U8 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 2:05 pm

» U6 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C Yesterday at 1:59 pm

» Plano Premier
by Cavazoscar Yesterday at 1:52 pm

» TOP 10 2009 TEAMS
by Coterminous Yesterday at 12:36 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic Tourney Round 2 Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classic Tourney Round 2 Results

Post by SOCCER TRUTH on 6/12/2017, 6:58 am

Anyone know why Round 2 results haven't been posted? All other age groups announced the teams moving up in the Fall except U15.

Hmmmmm. Am I smelling a controversy brewing??

SOCCER TRUTH
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

something happened and no one is saying anything

Post by XcelexSoccer on 6/12/2017, 11:56 am

Why did no one from bracket D advance. Elite united finished with 22pts and bracket winner. If they did something wrong to advanced and where DQ should not the other teams get the forfeit pts. It would mean a 3way tie but you should not punish the other teams for what 1 team did.

XcelexSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic Tourney Round 2 Results

Post by SOCCER TRUTH on 6/12/2017, 1:54 pm

Agree. Pure BS!!

SOCCER TRUTH
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavsfanatic on 6/12/2017, 3:00 pm

CCSAI owes these teams an explanation. If there was unethical behavior taking place this weekend, I'd like to know.

Mavsfanatic
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by XcelexSoccer on 6/12/2017, 3:21 pm

They seem to be staying quiet on the subject. No response to the questions being asked. It even states in their own rules if a team violates and uses an illegal player they FORFEIT ALL games. Meaning all 3 teams in group D have 18pts which is higher then the 2 other wildcard teams taken.
Arsenal NW (Elite) - 16pts
Dallas Texans (FTW)- 20pts
FCD Central - 14pts
FCD N Blue -18pts
FCD West - 22 pts
FPS- 23 Pts
That is 3 bracket winners and 3 high pts when Elite United had 22 pts and not included in Classic 3 advancement meaning they did something to get DQ.

XcelexSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truthseeker on 6/12/2017, 4:13 pm

I believe forfeits are scored 1-0 are they not? This would give the teams 8 points for their wins not 10. If this is the case it would result in a 4 way tie for teams with 16 points each (Arsenal and the teams from bracket D). Not sure how FCD Central got the tiebreaker.

truthseeker
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar on 6/12/2017, 4:43 pm

As they say I have no dog in this hunt. But the league has a lot of things to sort out related to this issue and this process. ( I think I have had this rant a few years back though it seems like it is just yesterday)

The process should be clear well before the first kick as to reduce the appearance of favors and for the integrity of the league.

The process has built in reality TV show to occur. Example if it rains. No comment on when the rain out would be made up. ( It seems to always rain) Does it appear fair that teams get rest and have to play other teams with less rest for example. Was the seeding correct for round 1 or round 2. No matter what you do Classic league is going to have an issue. However, they need to do their best to be consistent and provide the best possibility for fairness. ( I argue the rain because I think it messed our side up every side that played a 8PM match followed by an 8AM match against a fresh side that didn't have an match the Saturday lost) I could bring up another drama similar to the current one from years gone by but I'll keep my mouth shut cause that caused much pain.

So what is the correct answer in this scenario to bring the best teams from the 14 into the final 6 in round 2. If you look at the play on the field it's probably the right 6, if you look at the results and the rules ( which are clear on this point) your left with Teams from bracket D at a what the heck is going on camp.

I have a suggestion. Replay the entire 02 bracket again. (Now isn't that self serving.....) Think all the seeding would be adjusted if Elite wasn't in it, the whole 02 bracket was effected.

I say that in a joke however, to Jeanie's defense ( I can't believe I am saying this out loud) no matter what she does someone is going to be negatively effected by this decision, I really feel for the league on this one. Good luck to all of the teams that were given invites. ( key word there) and the teams in Bracket D that will be complaining about the league on this one.
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 6/12/2017, 4:55 pm

What a mess.

It is possible that Elite was DQ'ed for a reason other than an ineligible player and the games were not forfeited.

Otherwise...

Removing/adjusting the Elite U games from the bracket, Liverpool and Xcelex would be tied for top of bracket by goals scored after 3rd tiebreak is applied and Tigres would be 3rd.

Accordingly, the catch-all "Tournament committee decision" comes into play. (This is not Jeanie despite assertion of previous post.)

Again what a mess.  

The ultimate catch-all: Classic League is an invitational league and it reserves the right to invite/disinvite any teams.
The published list is of the teams that will be invited by Classic to play in the 2017/18 league.

You have a group D where none of the 3 remaining  teams distinguished themselves, none won any actual games and scored just 3 actual goals between them.  I suppose that did not help their case.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum