Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Roll Call

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roll Call

Post by Socceropath on 7/5/2017, 7:38 am

Let's put together a list of '07 teams that "made" and which league they anticipate playing in. I've purposely left off teams that have had little to no activity since end of spring season and/or I don't know what league they will aim for. In no order:

FCD Red - Classic
FCD Blue - Classic
FCD Che - Classic
Solar McKinney - Classic
Solar Volkan - Classic
Solar Kennington - Classic
Solar Martinez (formerly Oglesby) - Classic
Solar Lanier (aka McKinney Lanier) - Classic
Texans Red (formerly PST) - Classic
Texans Dallas (formerly RED) - Classic
Texans White - Classic
Rush - Classic
Allegiance - Classic
LP Owen - Classic
NTX Celtic -Classic
Ayses Gold - Classic
ETX Wildcattrs - Classic
Fever United - Classic
FC Fast - Classic
Garland Tigres Salcedo - Classic

Please add to the list!

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll Call

Post by DragonStryker on 7/5/2017, 9:28 am

Interestingly, DT White, FCDP Red, ETX Wildcatters, and Dallas Rebels aren't listed as playing in the King Tut yet.

Accepted teams list is posted. That's probably a good list to start with for teams shooting for a spot in Classic League.

FCD with 10 teams, Solar with 7 (Martinez not listed yet).

DT with 3 (no DT white).

Liverpool with 4.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/5/2017, 10:49 am

Thanks Stryker. We'll take a little different approach. Below is a list of the 39 teams signed up for King Tut. Please report if any of the teams listed are NOT planning on entering QT. Or if they are planning on entering QT but not playing in King Tut. Also if you know of additional teams playing in PPL, Primetime, etc...provide that as well. Please note I'm trying to keep up with some name changes as well.

Allegiance FC
Ayses Gold
Dallas Roma
Rush
Rush - White
Texans Red (formerly PST)
Texans South
Texans Dallas (formerly Red-Leite)
Elite United - Arana
Elite United - White
FCD Youth (formerly FCD Blue)
FCD ETX
FCD ETX - Garcia
FCD Black (formerly FCD Mbemba)
FCD Blue (formerly FCD Che)
FCD Central Blue -Topletz
FCD North Black (formerly FCD Ekeme)
FCD North Gold -Robertson
FCD West Blue -Gonzalez
FCD West Red -Sweester
FC Legends
Fever United
Frisco Fusion
Garland Tigres Gold
LP Carragher
LP Heighway
LP Owen
LP St John
NTX Celtic -Shirley
Rayos -Martinez
Solar -Evans
Solar -Figueroa (formerly Solar Kennedy)
Solar -Juliao
Solar -Kennington
Solar -McKinney
Solar -McKinney/Lanier
Solar -Volkan
Strikers SC
Texas Spurs

Notable ommissions:
FCD Premier Red- no need for them to play
ETX Wildcatters ?
Texans White - did they make?
FC Fast ?
Garland Tigres Salcedo ?
FC Leon North ?
TNT ?
Hurst United ?
Stars & Stripes ?
NTX Rayado ?
Dallas Kicks Blue ?

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B on 7/5/2017, 3:09 pm

There is also the Puma tournament in Arlington that happens the same weekend. There are many teams in the past who have chosen this tournament over King Tut to fly under the radar into QT.  

The results have been used before for seeding - Don't know if they still factor or not.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/5/2017, 3:36 pm

Dallas Rebels
FC Arlington Legends
FCD Central Red (Juarez)
Solar Martinez
Solar Tezkol
TX Lightning

My take: overall a very weak field

Rebels should cruise through and are an easy top 10 seed in qualifying assuming they elect to play Classic and will almost certainly make D1. Doesn't really matter where they play and with their history of running up the score on lessor opponents, I see some potentially lopsided scores coming from this tournament. Looks like trophy hunting on the part of the Rebels, they are a good team and should be seeking out more apt competition.

Martinez is a bubble team for D1 so they are an interesting one to skip King Tut. Tough to justify playing 2nd tier competition if you're looking to make it through QT into D1 in a few weeks. If they are good with D2, it really doesn't matter much as they should cruise into a D2 spot. They'll need to play the Rebels close and stomp the remaining teams to maintain their YSR ranking or if they are hoping for a top 20 seed going into QT.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/5/2017, 6:47 pm

So Stavrou is taking over Red-Leite? There is no history linked to the team in Gotsoccer. Or did they just regroup from scratch? I know they were looking to put together 3 teams for D1...I assumed it would be basically PST, Red, and White. (not factoring in DTS)

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerToneLoc on 7/5/2017, 7:42 pm

King Tut Tournament might be over hyped. This is an FC Dallas Tourney and biased in that direction. Puma Cup is an alternative albeit lessor competition but will give squads time to gel without being under fire.

SoccerToneLoc
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B on 7/5/2017, 8:15 pm

TayJ6 wrote:So Stavrou is taking over Red-Leite? There is no history linked to the team in Gotsoccer. Or did they just regroup from scratch? I know they were looking to put together 3 teams for D1...I assumed it would be basically PST, Red, and White. (not factoring in DTS)

Who knows how it all panned out. Marcio had no business coaching 07s, that is for sure...

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/5/2017, 11:38 pm

Besides the known inappropriate language around the kids, what was wrong with Marcio? I think he is one of the best youth coaches in NTX.....by far....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B on 7/6/2017, 8:40 am

Socceroo wrote:Besides the known inappropriate language around the kids, what was wrong with Marcio? I think he is one of the best youth coaches in NTX.....by far....

Thats a big piece of bait that has been taken before... but yes, besides the inappropriate language, racial slurs and verbal abusing of 9 year olds, he is one of the best youth coaches in NTX. Shocked

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KOSoccer92 on 7/6/2017, 9:41 am

My BB trained with 4 coaches in the top 10 a few months ago. (Marcio w/ DT red, Frank Arana w/ Elite, McKinney w/ Solar and Kevin Salazar w/ PST) Of all of those coaches, his favorite hands down, was Marcio. Was he tough on my son? Extremely. Did he use language that most other coaches don't use? Yes. But my son felt that he learned the most from Marcio and was coached up better by him.

Part of the parents "issue" with Marcio may be that the parents get their feelings hurt more than the kids do.

Now don't think I'm defending Marcio because my son plays for him, we signed for a team that did not include any of those listed coaches. Smile

KOSoccer92
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/6/2017, 11:52 am

KOSoccer92 wrote:My BB trained with 4 coaches in the top 10 a few months ago.  (Marcio w/ DT red, Frank Arana w/ Elite, McKinney w/ Solar and Kevin Salazar w/ PST)  Of all of those coaches, his favorite hands down, was Marcio.  Was he tough on my son? Extremely.  Did he use language that most other coaches don't use? Yes.  But my son felt that he learned the most from Marcio and was coached up better by him.

Part of the parents "issue" with Marcio may be that the parents get their feelings hurt more than the kids do.

Now don't think I'm defending Marcio because my son plays for him, we signed for a team that did not include any of those listed coaches. Smile

Damn Parents...the real problem with Youth Sports....

I also like Marcio....Where is he now?

On another note, looks like there are 41-42 teams now signed up for KT.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/6/2017, 11:59 am

Holy Cross FC and Chivas Houston Blue were added as of a couple hours ago bringing total teams to 41. Haven't checked this afternoon to see if any others were added.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/6/2017, 12:05 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I believe Marcio is coaching the Texans U12 DA squad.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/6/2017, 10:06 pm

How does King Tut places teams in brackets when you have 41+ teams signed up?

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/7/2017, 7:25 am

In previous years, King Tut brackets them in groups of 5 in order of seeding, i.e 1-5 group A, 6-10 group B, etc. Since its a friendly and there's no champion the goal is to see how a team does against a similar level of competition. Each team plays the 4 other teams in their bracket.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/7/2017, 8:42 am

Socceropath wrote:In previous years, King Tut brackets them in groups of 5 in order of seeding, i.e 1-5 group A, 6-10 group B, etc.  Since its a friendly and there's no champion the goal is to see how a team does against a similar level of competition.  Each team plays the 4 other teams in their bracket.  

This also serves to provide the most insight into seeding the QT, whether intentionally or by coincidence.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/7/2017, 10:59 am

DragonStryker wrote:
Socceropath wrote:In previous years, King Tut brackets them in groups of 5 in order of seeding, i.e 1-5 group A, 6-10 group B, etc.  Since its a friendly and there's no champion the goal is to see how a team does against a similar level of competition.  Each team plays the 4 other teams in their bracket.  

This also serves to provide the most insight into seeding the QT, whether intentionally or by coincidence.  

Based on Year's past how close to YSR and/or KT results were the actual seeding at QT?

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/7/2017, 2:24 pm

Socceroo wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

Based on Year's past how close to YSR and/or KT results were the actual seeding at QT?

From memory and conversations with coaches over the years, it looks like seeding for QT gives more weight to more recent performances than does YSR, purely anecdotal however.

Additionally, Holy Cross FC and FCD North Black (Ekeme) are no longer be on the applied team listing.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/7/2017, 4:16 pm

So as of today, it looks like 7 Brackets of 5 teams and 1 of 4 teams for QT.
And possibly 2 brackets of 4 for PUMA (if they manage to get 8 teams signed up).

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/10/2017, 9:58 am

PUMA schedule is out. Only 6 teams. HCFC 07B ended up at the U12 Silver division...

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=60166&GroupID=659784&Gender=Boys&Age=11

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/10/2017, 10:00 am

FCD Academy and Rayados(Mexico) added to KT. Anyone know if FCD Academy is Premier Red?

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/10/2017, 10:03 am

Also I previously mislabeled Solar-Figueroa as formerly Solar-Kennedy...they are actually formerly LP-Rush. Any other discrepancies let me know. I'm guessing everyone's trying to get a grip on the new landscape.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/10/2017, 1:19 pm

I would assume FCD Academy is Premier Red. So now it goes Academy, then Premier, then Colors?

And DT goes Red(formerly Gold), then no color (formerly Red), then White(maybe, haven't seen this one lately)?

And all bets are off at Solar

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/10/2017, 1:49 pm

FCD Academy is Premier Red, FCD Suarez is Premier Blue ... just for clarification.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum