Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Latest topics
» U11 Classic D1
by Nomansoccerdad Today at 10:54 am

» '04 CLASSIC D2 Fall/Spring 2017-18
by Gameday 04 Yesterday at 9:31 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» Congratulation to Weston McKennie
by TayJ6 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» U17 World Cup Roster local players
by Bears Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» 2011 team - North Dallas
by FC FAST 11 Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» 09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 5:40 pm

» New to Plano - 06 Player available
by GKdad4653 9/21/2017, 5:29 pm

» 07 Boys Teams - GULF COAST OPEN -Gulf Shores Area- Jan 12-15
by U90C 9/21/2017, 4:39 pm

» FC Dallas West 11's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:11 pm

» FC Dallas West 10's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:06 pm

» Arlington Labor Tourney
by Riquelme Rises 9/21/2017, 12:21 pm

» Weekly predictions for D2
by PremierLeagueFan 9/21/2017, 11:40 am

» 03 Boys Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 10:52 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

King Tut 2017

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: King Tut 2017

Post by TayJ6 on 7/12/2017, 5:00 pm

texasboy85 wrote:
DragonStryker, they didn't add anyone because we stayed with FCD.

Actually I'm pretty sure they did, it just apparently wasn't your son.

Back to KT, the poor draw for Volkan might be a blessing in disguise, as they may have sustained an injury to a significant player for the weekend. We'll see if sources are correct in a couple days.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 on 7/12/2017, 11:15 pm

International -
1 - FCD Academy - the best.
2 - Rayados - who knows?
3 - Rush - No guest players, not very good.
4 - Liverpool - Unpredictable. Will struggle with too many changes. Using players from bronze team.

Plat A
1 - DT (PST) - got more players and Solar Mckinney best player. The only team that can probably beat FCD Academy.

2 - Solar Mckinney - lost best player, but still has the big question forward. Picked up Allegiance best player.

3 - FCD ETX - good team, but will struggle against top 15 teams.

4 - Legends - Good skills, sometimes too much. Haven't seen them in tournaments. But didn't do good in league.

5 - DT (old red team) - Lost too many players. Lost Coach. Unpredictable.

6 - FCD Blue - If the roster did not get better. Why?

Plat B
1 - Elite - Walks through. Too Strong for the rest.

2 - Solar Kennington - lose to Elite again, beat allegiance again. Wins the rest.

3 - Fever - very good team with very strong players. Can finish 1st or 2nd if all players are there.

4 - Celtic - Good team. lost to fever in final at u90c.

5 - Allegiance - should be in silver division. Not top 20. The hype ends. kick and run is not possession. Poor version of fcd academy. Gets best players from small teams to win games and claims he developing them. No skills. Parents need to wake up.

6 - Ayses - Not enough information. 1 good forward is not enough.

Last edited by baller07 on 7/13/2017, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/13/2017, 7:16 am

I hadn't heard of the McKinney defection to PST. That one doesn't make much sense to me. PST has kind of been struggling (by their standards), where McKinney has been looking strong. Also the absolute clash of styles. I think PST is a good team, but I think playing with McKinney would be better for your tactical development moving forward. Over the next few years the teams that rely on 1v1 prowess alone will start struggling. If PST can truly integrate that player, they would be impressive. Sometimes PST looks like they could really use a "quarterback" on the offensive end facilitating the attack. Might really get them organized. Just my .02

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 on 7/13/2017, 8:44 am

We have been there. Too much tactics, players are not very good individual. McKinney kicked the ball less than PST, but it could be different this year. What is "looking strong?"

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/13/2017, 9:09 am

And I'm curious who McKinney picked up from Allegiance. I know quite a few of the families on McKinney's two squads and didn't see any new faces in their signing day Facebook posts.

I know it wasn't Allegiance's Big Center Back-Mid or their fast winger. Hard to see another on that team referred to as their "best" player.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/13/2017, 9:13 am

Solar Mckinney's best player (Center Mid) lives in Colleyville (actually all but a very small handful live meaningfully west of the Tollway). There's zero chance they left for PST (he's also in their signing day pics on Facebook so I'm 100% confident in this statement). Especially considering his dad's relationship with Coach McKinney.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/13/2017, 9:18 am

baller07 wrote:Too much tactics, players are not very good individual.

=Soccer ignorance. Each individual plays 95% of the game without the ball at their feet. The only time there are "Too much tactics" is when a player isn't mature enough to learn/understand them.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 on 7/13/2017, 9:23 am

Allegiance #10 to Solar - scored most of their goals.
Solar #23 to PST - that was their best player.

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/13/2017, 9:31 am

Got it, leading scorer = best player (in both cases). That meshes well with your tactics comment.

Id disagree with you in both cases however.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 on 7/13/2017, 9:33 am

Socceropath,

You are right. Especially if your goal is to have the best record. Be the champion. Then a good tactic system helps deliver wins. But we are talking about U10s. They must be developed to become good individual players. Skills and technique. Tactics come later. But maybe the Rest of the world is wrong.

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/13/2017, 9:39 am

baller07 wrote:Socceropath,

You are right. Especially if your goal is to have the best record. Be the champion. Then a good tactic system helps deliver wins. But we are talking about U10s. They must be developed to become good individual players. Skills and technique. Tactics come later. But maybe the Rest of the world is wrong.

You clearly didn't watch Man City mow through IberCup. It takes both. And by u11, you best have a solid tactical base or you are quite a ways behind. And if you're relying on your club coach to handle skills, you're also woefully misinformed as to what their job description is.

Skills development is and always has been the parent and player's responsibility after roughly u8/9.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 7/13/2017, 9:47 am

My nine-year old wanted to go outside and play "wall ball" to train for a few hours.   I told him that was ridiculous and made him instead read Inverting the Pryamid by Jonathan Wilson.   He is such a better player now and loves the sport so much more based on learning tactics.   He makes incredible runs and positions himself so well.  He does not have a very good first touch and does not finish very well, but that is not as important at this age.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/13/2017, 9:49 am

What part of "it takes both" was confusing?

Team practices at u10/11 are tactical. If the boys aren't working on their skills at home for many hours a week, they'll never reach any meaningful level of excellence.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 7/13/2017, 9:54 am

Take a breath DragonStryker; I agree with you 100%.  I had written my post before your post and did not want to delete my effort at comedy.   Do not take my attempts at being whimsical from me.   Now days, I have very little that makes me happy. Are we good?

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/13/2017, 9:56 am

All good sir!!

Wall ball is about the best individual skill development plan out there. You'll get nothing but agreement from me there. The first touches I see even on the top teams are generally woefully bad. Wished more kids would work on that.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 7/13/2017, 9:57 am

Good deal. Speaking of wall ball, has anyone seen SDR? I am truly worried about him.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/13/2017, 9:57 am

Uncleof05AP
Sadly you are a bit late if he's only reading it at age 9. My BB was drawing diagrams of the 2-3-5 by age5. He could demonstrate the short passing game of the Scots and the direct dribbling of the Brits with his gold fish.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/13/2017, 10:18 am

baller07 wrote:Allegiance #10 to Solar - scored most of their goals.
Solar #23 to PST - that was their best player.

Those are not the 2 players I had in mind when reading your post!

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/13/2017, 10:20 am

Man City in IberCup...
Each player had the skill to handle anyone on the pitch, but passed so effortlessly that almost no one got close enough for them to need to use it! I think they could have drawn their positions from a hat and it would have looked the same.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 7/13/2017, 10:21 am

TayJ6 wrote:Uncleof05AP
Sadly you are a bit late if he's only reading it at age 9. My BB was drawing diagrams of the 2-3-5 by age5. He could demonstrate the short passing game of the Scots and the direct dribbling of the Brits with his gold fish.

That is even too late...my BB was working on short passes with his twin sister while in the womb...we could even see the occasional long pass through the skin... unfortunately it all went down the drain when they started practicing bump and run with NTX coaches...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 on 7/13/2017, 10:24 am

Skills and technique must be above tactics. You cannot play like Manchester City without it. You would know that if you actually studied the game.

I have always wondered; why are KIDS in other countries as good or better than the American professional players? When it comes to skills and technique.

Then I realize, it's probably because to the American parents and coaches a successful youth team is a team that wins a lot. Even if their kids have poor skills, technique and understanding of the game. So they pick tactics over everything, since it helps win more games. And the amazing parents are happy because johnny won the games! But Johnny is below average!

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 7/13/2017, 10:26 am

TayJ6 wrote:Man City in IberCup...
Each player had the skill to handle anyone on the pitch, but passed so effortlessly that almost no one got close enough for them to need to use it! I think they could have drawn their positions from a hat and it would have looked the same.

On Skills vs Tactics development....funny to watch a team like Brazil, where historically tactics have played a secondary role with the terrible coaches they've had....some would argue certain teams like their 2002 WC championship team played with very little tactics.....but given the incredible amount of talent on that team they were able to win it all with very little tactics and a whole lot of talent...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 7/13/2017, 10:27 am

baller07 wrote:Skills and technique must be above tactics. You cannot play like Manchester City without it. You would know that if you actually studied the game.

I have always wondered; why are KIDS in other countries as good or better than the American professional players? When it comes to skills and technique.

Then I realize, it's probably because to the American parents and coaches a successful youth team is a team that wins a lot. Even if their kids have poor skills, technique and understanding of the game. So they pick tactics over everything, since it helps win more games. And the amazing parents are happy because johnny won the games! But Johnny is below average!

Agree 100%

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 7/13/2017, 10:40 am

I think the reason that kids in other countries are better at soccer is that is all they do and all they can hope to accomplish.  american kids are always putting winning before anything else in all sports.   we compete to win in school.  you dont think the kids in ither countries would prefer the life of our kids?  if your goal is to make a professional soccer player, then yes, find the best coach and make him practice all day.  if not, relax, they are young and it helps with other life skills as well.  they will make friends and learn to be competitive.  don't turn them into jerks by getting caught up in parents desire to live vicariously through them.   I'm not sure on would ever let my kid referee after hearing of how parents act to them.  theybanned parents speaking for a month in North Carolina for safety.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/13/2017, 10:42 am

Socceroo wrote:
TayJ6 wrote:Man City in IberCup...

On Skills vs Tactics development....funny to watch a team like Brazil, where historically tactics have played a secondary role with the terrible coaches they've had....some would argue certain teams like their 2002 WC championship team played with very little tactics.....but given the incredible amount of talent on that team they were able to win it all with very little tactics and a whole lot of talent...

And Leicester City won the Premier League with basically only contrary tactics...once.

Teams have strengths and weaknesses to be played to.  You can't compare a level of soccer where winning now is absolutely everything to youth soccer where the goals are much more long term.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/13/2017, 10:46 am

If a team plays "possession" soccer and wins, they are putting tactics and winning over skill.
If a team plays "possession" soccer and loses, they are playing the "right" way instead of worrying about winning and they will be better for it in the long run.
If a team plays 1v1 individual soccer and wins, they are just playing to win and not really learning how to play the game the "right" way.
If a team plays 1v1 individual soccer and loses, they need to be taking more skills lessons and start looking for a new coach.

It all goes hand in hand. You have to have enough skill to pull off the tactics! Playing tactically is a skill. Dominating 1v1 is a skill.
Yes, every player should be a dominating skill player that plays within the given system and only uses his skills when absolutely necessary......you know, like Mr. Miyagi and Karate!!

But seriously, they are 9 and 10 years old.

My son is out back staining the top of the fence while kicking the ball against the bottom of it.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum