Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

King Tut 2017

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: King Tut 2017

Post by baller07 on 7/14/2017, 11:20 pm

Surprised by Kennington's performance. Allegiance controlled the game until the last few minutes. New center back is solid, old center back didn't look good playing center mid.

Fever looked like the better team vs Celtic. Should be able to beat allegiance. #9 is legit.

Why is Volkan playing against Silver teams?

Looks like Legends might be playing in the wrong bracket.

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer69 on 7/15/2017, 8:00 am

A parent said Volkan signed up for gold division just like everyone else but Jessie with FC Dallas puts FC Dallas teams in platinum that I have never seen play in a gold division ever. Everything will get sorted out in QT.

soccer69
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/15/2017, 8:18 am

I'm not saying Allegiance will win, but I don't think that looking like the better team in a Fever/Celtic 1-1 tie correlates to being able to beat Allegiance...and #9 is good.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/15/2017, 8:25 am

baller07 wrote:Surprised by Kennington's performance. Allegiance controlled the game until the last few minutes. New center back is solid, old center back didn't look good playing center mid.

Fever looked like the better team vs Celtic. Should be able to beat allegiance. #9 is legit.

Why is Volkan playing against Silver teams?

Looks like Legends might be playing in the wrong bracket.

Allegiance/Kennington was an odd game. Kennington controlled possession in the first half and save for one really bad defensive breakdown that allowed a score by Allegiance didn't look horrible. Slow but not horrible and probably held a 60/40 possession edge. Created virtually no scoring chances however.  Allegiance largely played kickball out of the back. Two passes and a long ball to their winger.  Most were covered though they id far more scoring opportunities than kennington.

2nd half was another story. Allegiance had absolute control of the half until the last few minutes. MUch better possession and less kickball. Kennington seemed to wake up and play like they actually wanted to be on the field the last 10 min or so and really put Allegiance on their heals but it was way too little, way too late. Allegiance earned a well deserved win.

Allegiance controls their on fate from here on out.

Rush/FCD Youth looked like a rec team plying a select team, well maybe not quite that bad. FCD packed the box with defenders for most of the game, 5 deep defenders for most of the game. And they still gave up 5. Could've been far more as the AR missed a clear goal when FCD's Keeper stepped back into the goal on a nice save and a missed handball in the box that should've been a PK (though Rush missed a PK in a similar call that was made). . All FCD managed were a few weak counter-attacks.  

Best line of the game Suarez yells "come on ref, they're just kids" to protest the clearest handball in the box you'll ever see.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dcsol10 on 7/15/2017, 12:09 pm

Dragonstryker, tournament results show the Rush/FCD game as 2-0, is the website not correct?

dcsol10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/15/2017, 12:40 pm

My son and I watched the Rush/FCD game. It was a very physical battle. Rush scored only 2 goals (as it shows on the tournament site). I don't know what game Dragonstryker saw (if he was actually there), but it was very close. Rush is a very physical/dirty team, and the refs were very young. They put 2 in the back of the net, so they deserved the win, but FCD Youth played well also and had some great opportunities in my opinion. They'll need to continue working, but they're no slouch at all, and they very well might surprise a team in that bracket on a good day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DR07B on 7/15/2017, 1:22 pm

Kennington/Allegiance was a good game to watch.  Possession slightly favored Allegiance. However, Kennington moved the ball well but just did not get too many good looks for the majority of the game.  For those of you more familiar with these teams, I felt they were not very physical teams.  Is that normal for them?

Rush/FCD was fun for us to watch.  Rush dominated possession while FCD just couldn't stop Rush's ball movement.  FCD forwards could never get anything going until the second half when the coach subbed out many players and moved others around on the field.  Looks like coach is still getting a feel for his team and where some will end up playing.  With 15 on the roster, gonna have several watching and learning based on their first game together.

DR07B
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/15/2017, 3:23 pm

dcsol10 wrote:Dragonstryker,  tournament results show the Rush/FCD game as 2-0,  is the website not correct?

Noted.

Only watched about half the game. Was going on the final score reported above. It was cleary wrong. The half I watched was all Rush.

Rush plays very physical soccer. But that's how our kids should be taught to play. The rest of the world plays that way. FCD Blue has no business being in the bracket they are in. It's a farce that FC Dallas put them there and is a blatant attempt to secure them an unwarranted seed in the QT.

I stand by my earlier prediction. FCD Youth should consider this tournament a success if they manage a goal that isn't gifted to them by the refs. I'll be surprised if they are s* out in every match played.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer69 on 7/15/2017, 6:50 pm

Well Volkan had been tearing up gold division with no subs mind you and three starters out the coach asked to be moved up to platinum but Jessie refused. Kind of a joke really. Pretty sad to see FC Dallas tournament in which they aren't biased In how they run it.

Kennington beat Ayses gold guess they found a way to neutralize Bryce good win for them. Texans have played well but not sure what thier competition has really been.

Not sure the issue with score up dates some come in fast and some absolutely disappear refs don't let you look at it before they turn it in so who knows what's posted and if it's correct.

soccer69
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/15/2017, 9:31 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
dcsol10 wrote:Dragonstryker,  tournament results show the Rush/FCD game as 2-0,  is the website not correct?

Noted.

Only watched about half the game. Was going on the final score reported above. It was cleary wrong.   The half I watched was all Rush.

Rush plays very physical soccer. But that's how our kids should be taught to play. The rest of the world plays that way.  FCD Blue has no business being in the bracket they are in. It's a farce that FC Dallas put them there and is a blatant attempt to secure them an unwarranted seed in the QT.

I stand by my earlier prediction. FCD Youth should consider this tournament a success if they manage a goal that isn't gifted to them by the refs. I'll be surprised if they are s* out in every match played.

The tournament website now says that FCD Youth beat Liverpool 2-1... Is this correct? I don't know anyone who was there, so can anyone confirm this? (I'd hate to be wrong about the score)..

If this is correct... Dragonstryker's very clear hate for FC Dallas has seemed to only motivate the FCD Youth team...lol

OR

Dragonstryker needs to really consider changing how he evaluates 10 year old soccer players/teams, as he's put his foot in his mouth again. Either way, it's really comical to see your take on the tournament. Keep doing what you do sir.... just check the website before you post.

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 on 7/15/2017, 10:12 pm

Some interesting scores today:

Liverpool Owen dropped both games.
FCD Academy continues to dominate.
FCD youth got a win!!!!!!!

The Texans are dominating the Platinum A bracket.
Solar Mckinney is not looking too sharp. Deciding game tomorrow. Where's the big forward?
Free wins agains the FCD teams.

Allegiance appears to have taken control of Platinum B.
Elite United is not looking very Elite or United.
Solar Kennington is back in business.
Fever disappointed me. I expected a very different result.
Ayces did not use the Ace card.

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser on 7/15/2017, 10:29 pm

Has anyone seen Elite play? 2 pretty surprising results ... key player changes? Other teams stepping up? Despite a pretty direct style in the past - they were first established in top 10 with some really good results over last spring... drop off?

cruiser
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/15/2017, 11:13 pm

Everybody with at least 2 games in.  Some surprises along the way.  Here's my stock up/stock down so far...we'll see if this holds at the end of the day tomorrow.

International-
Stock Down - Liverpool Owen.  Saw at least one post saying they lost some key players.  Anybody able to confirm or give eye witness accounts?

Platinum A-
Stock Up-Texans Dallas.  They were my biggest question mark going in after significant player losses (4 of top 5 confirmed).  They've passed with flying colors so far.  Impressive.
Stock Down-FC Legends.  I had them higher in my personal rankings.  YSR has them at 17.  Computer got it right.

Platinum B-
Stock Up- Allegiance has shown they are much closer to top 10 than their current YSR (15).
Stock Down- Elite United.  No words!  Can't possibly be the same team?  Did some of them fill in the holes at Texans Dallas?

Gold
Stock Up-Solar Volkan.  Proving they were disrespected by their play on the field.  Pretty impressive for 9-10 yr olds to handle adversity so well.

Rumor mill - ManChild Striker didn't sign with Solar McKinney (True) - heard at least 1 report that he ended up at Texans South (Rumor)

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/16/2017, 8:18 am

factsmatter wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

Noted.

Only watched about half the game. Was going on the final score reported above. It was cleary wrong.   The half I watched was all Rush.

Rush plays very physical soccer. But that's how our kids should be taught to play. The rest of the world plays that way.  FCD Blue has no business being in the bracket they are in. It's a farce that FC Dallas put them there and is a blatant attempt to secure them an unwarranted seed in the QT.

The tournament website now says that FCD Youth beat Liverpool 2-1... Is this correct? I don't know anyone who was there, so can anyone confirm this? (I'd hate to be wrong about the score)..

If this is correct... Dragonstryker's very clear hate for FC Dallas has seemed to only motivate the FCD Youth team...lol

OR

Dragonstryker needs to really consider changing how he evaluates 10 year old soccer players/teams, as he's put his foot in his mouth again. Either way, it's really comical to see your take on the tournament. Keep doing what you do sir.... just check the website before you post.

I'm sorry I insulted your son's team.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/16/2017, 8:19 am

factsmatter wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

Noted.

OR

No clue why this double posted and why most of the response vanished. Oh well, off to breakfast. Another fun day of soccer ahead.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco5 on 7/16/2017, 4:17 pm

Looks like 60 teams applied for qualifying.

Not sure how they're going to set it up,, but excpext that top 15 get 1 seeds

Frisco5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/16/2017, 7:39 pm

Frisco5 wrote:Looks like 60 teams applied for qualifying.

Not sure how they're going to set it up,, but excpext that top 15 get 1 seeds

Ideally you would have 10 Brackets of 6 with 5 games played over the weekend. 1 Friday, 2 sat and 2 Sunday.

Week 1 = Top 2 in each bracket makes it to D1. 3rd place makes it to D2. 4th, 5th, 6th places (30 teams) go to Week 2.
Week 2 = You have remaining 30 teams in 5 Brackets of 6 fighting for 10 more spots on D2. Top 2 in each bracket makes it to D2.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Boy on 7/16/2017, 8:02 pm

Does anyone know if the current brackets for the QT are accurate? If so, they mangaged to get it horribly wrong. They have YSR top 10s in the same bracket and teams in other brackets with no one in the top 30. Notably, if correct, all the FCD teams seemed to have gotten very favorable draws (not surprisingly).

07Boy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/16/2017, 10:09 pm

Can't possibly be accurate. 20 brackets with 3 each. S Top in each bracket D1? Top 2 Solar teams plus FCD 2nd team all in the same bracket. I counted at least 6 brackets without a top 20 team at all?!?

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/16/2017, 10:19 pm

If these brackets are correct, this is absurd. I surely hope this is just a placeholder. Otherwise whoever did this is a moron and needs another job given the incompetence....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 on 7/16/2017, 11:26 pm

CONFIRMED: The current brackets are place holders. The coaches have to submit a power ranking for seeding by tomorrow. 15-20 #1 seeds.
My Final Ranking:
1 - FCD Academy
2 - DTS Red
3 - DT Dallas
4 - Rush
5 - Solar McKinney
6 - Allegiance
7 - Elite
8 - Solar Volkan
9 - Solar Kennington
10 - Liverpool Owen
11 - Rebels
12 - ETX wildcatters
13 - NTX Shirley
14 - FC Dallas youth
15 - Ayces gold.
16 - Legends
17 - Fever
18 - FC Dallas youth blue
19 - FC Dallas ETX
20 - Rayos

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 7/17/2017, 7:09 am

where are you getting the information on brackets from?

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soccermom247 on 7/17/2017, 8:13 am

What are you meaning place holders?

1soccermom247
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/17/2017, 8:16 am

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/17/2017, 8:17 am

The teams are listed, but the format is just temporary until the teams are officially seeded for the tournament.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/17/2017, 8:52 am

Overall, KT was a good tournament. Answered a few questions about some teams.

FCD - Academy is still setting the standard for the 07s. Youth and Blue have new names but not much has changed.

DT - Dallas Texans(former DTR) and DTR(PST) both had identical weekends dominating lesser competition and beating McKinney, their 1 top 10 opponent.

Solar - McKinney had tough draw playing both Texans teams.  Both of those games were close, McKinney just couldn't score enough to hang. Kennington had a rough weekend getting beat when they got away from what they do best, but played well when they were holding form.  Volkan was shafted by the tournament, but made the best of it despite having no subs and playing games without their starting center back and strong center mid. GD of 18 for the tournament second only to DTR, albeit against lesser competition.

Rush looks as physical as ever, was outclassed by FCD Academy but overall handled business.  Only managed a tie with what seems to be a struggling LP Owen.

LP Owen had a disappointing weekend and continues to struggle to score, gave FCD Youth their only win.  

Allegiance overall had a good go, solidifying their team in the top 10 conversation. The would love to have their game against Celtic back.

Elite had a win over Kennington, but hardly dominated the lesser competition like you would have expected. They are still in the top 10 conversation but nowhere near the top 5 talk there was a few months back.

On a side note, Rebels dominated the PUMA tournament...but for this, they lose points in my book. They knew where the competition was.

Next up, QT!!

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: