Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Post by cruiser on 7/31/2017, 3:39 pm

is there any precedent for players on teams that miss D1 being so frustrated / unhappy that look for transfer options? Seems most thought QT would be mostly an academic exercise save for a few spots up for grabs...maybe in the end that's true - but surely those few spots weren't expected.

cruiser
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/31/2017, 3:43 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
I predict team implosion if they miss D2. This wouldn't be acceptable to a group of parents convinced they were/are a close second to Solar McKinney in the hierarchy of teams at that club.

They are close second to Solar McKinney/Lanier!! :-) Who they barely beat in Flamefest....(some here would argue they should have lost that game). So that makes them the 5th team at that club? Rolling Eyes

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 7/31/2017, 3:46 pm

Question: Why didn't Volkan and Kennington merge their 07 squads?

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie on 7/31/2017, 3:48 pm

Who would have coached? Guessing that held it back.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/31/2017, 3:50 pm

Bears wrote:Question: Why didn't Volkan and Kennington merge their 07 squads?

I think Kennington was Andromeda prior to the "Merger"....NO question this will end up happening next year...With kids from all Solar Teams (McKinney, Kennington, Martinez, Lanier, Volkan + others) making into DA, teams like Volkan and Kennington will be short and will likely merge in 2018...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie on 7/31/2017, 3:53 pm

Kennington was Left Foot Studio

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 7/31/2017, 3:55 pm

Volkan was Andromeda and Kennington was Left Foot Studio. I heard they were supposed to merge but clearly that didn't happen.......yet Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 7/31/2017, 4:00 pm

I know I'd be hella mad if I paid select fees expecting D1 and not even making D2. I hope it works out for them. (Corrected)

Last edited by Bears on 7/31/2017, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/31/2017, 4:20 pm

Bears wrote:I know I'd be hella mad if I paid select fees expecting D1 and not even making D3. I hope it works out for them.

It will be tough to make D3 in the next 2 years.... Laughing

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/31/2017, 4:22 pm

message was posted twice...

Last edited by Socceroo on 7/31/2017, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : message was posted twice...)

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 7/31/2017, 5:42 pm

Socceroo wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:
I predict team implosion if they miss D2. This wouldn't be acceptable to a group of parents convinced they were/are a close second to Solar McKinney in the hierarchy of teams at that club.

They are close second to Solar McKinney/Lanier!!  :-)   Who they barely beat in Flamefest....(some here would argue they should have lost that game). So that makes them the 5th team at that club? Rolling Eyes

"Close" second is a stretch for any Solar team, but I bet them vs Kennington 10 times comes out around 5-5.

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/31/2017, 6:31 pm

FCD should've gotten more than one Red. Three wouldn't have been out of the question. They have some big athletic kids on that team that aren't that good at soccer and make up for it with aggression. That isn't going to work so well as ref's become more willing to issue cards for inappropriate conduct.

Owen's parents started screaming like fools less than 5 minutes into the game. They'd secured their reputation long before that young man got punched in my mind. They had one parent ejected, could've easily been 5 or 6 and likely would have been had not one of their own been the volunteer for this game. She came over and calmed things, quieted them down more than a few times in just the first half.

Owen plays good soccer when they aren't focused on pulling jersey's and throwing elbows, forearms. They don't have to play that way, it's a shame they do. Bet they'd be a better team if they focused on playing soccer. FCD has no other choice, they'll get killed on the pitch otherwise because they don't have the technical skill top to bottom to keep up with the top teams. Athletically they are there and I can see how frustrating that has to be for the boys, especially with their parents acting like morons in the sideline.

That punch was uncalled for and should be an embarrassment to Suarez, that team, and FCD as a whole. I doubt the parents see it that way and that's part of the problem with that team.

The ref's did a horrendously poor job keeping the game under control and both teams took advantage of it.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/31/2017, 6:34 pm

DblDown wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

They are close second to Solar McKinney/Lanier!!  :-)   Who they barely beat in Flamefest....(some here would argue they should have lost that game). So that makes them the 5th team at that club? Rolling Eyes

"Close" second is a stretch for any Solar team, but I bet them vs Kennington 10 times comes out around 5-5.

Would've agreed 6 months ago. Not today. Volkan isn't even the 4th best Solar team at the moment. Kennington is solidly number 2 behind McKinney's first team. 3 and 4 is likely a toss up between Martinez and McKinney's second team (Lanier). Then comes Volkan.

Until they prove otherwise on the field.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 7/31/2017, 6:40 pm

feel like a lot of the games have become the youth equivalent of football as less parents are willing to put their kids in football as they used to.  some of these kids are real big and it is very difficult for the refs to know what to call anymore. seems to be less soccer skill and more physicality.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/31/2017, 6:58 pm

There's a difference between a very physical game and a dirty one. I welcome physical play. Makes my boy mentally and physically stronger and hodor him to up his game.

Dirty play has no place and too many parents have no clue the difference.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 7/31/2017, 7:02 pm

i think parents are confusing physical playing with playing hard. they want their kids to win at all costs, but it is hurting the game. I see very little technical skill on display. most games are ugly rugby matches. watch international youth games, huge difference.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/31/2017, 7:04 pm

just-a-dad wrote:i think parents are confusing physical playing with playing hard.   they want their kids to win at all costs, but it is hurting the game.  I see very little technical skill on display.  most games are ugly rugby matches.  watch international youth games, huge difference.

Agree 100%
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/31/2017, 7:09 pm

Dirty plays have no place in Soccer, specially at 10yrs old. Playing physical is perfectly fine, although the REFs must be in total control of a game to properly distinguish physical plays from dirty plays.
I hate when a coach teaches 10yr olds to be physical...If they spent their time in practice teaching them soccer skills, they wouldn't have to rely on physicality to compete.

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 7/31/2017, 7:13 pm

Stryker- What do you think has changed? I only see the 2 teams every now and again and I don't see much difference. I've never seen them play each other. Volkan has a few new faces and the big keeper is gone, but they seem pretty much the same. Their new keeper isn't the problem, he looked pretty good. That center back is out still, but wouldn't think that would affect scoring too much unless they had to pull some offensive players back to fill in. They have the same 2 center midfielders. They have a newer striker up top, but he seems to be an improvement (admittedly I don't remember what they had up top since the left footed kid went to PST). They still have the curly haired kid that could dribble for days on the wing. They did seem to rotate the other wing a lot, like they haven't figured that one out yet.
And Kennington seems even less different since swapping keepers around as well and loosing their forward to FCD a long time ago. They don't have any players that really stand out individually or can just take over a game. They work hard and seem to grind it out together for a few scoring opportunities a game. If they make the most of them, they can win. With them, most of the game looks to be played in an area slightly bigger than the middle third for the most part.

Do you think Volkan are just not improving? Or too inconsistent? You seem to have better knowledge of their supposed decline, or at least an opinion.

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 7/31/2017, 7:14 pm

DragonStryker wrote: Volkan isn't even the 4th best Solar team at the moment. Kennington is solidly number 2 behind McKinney's first team. 3 and 4 is likely a toss up between Martinez and McKinney's second team (Lanier). Then comes Volkan. Until they prove otherwise on the field.

In my opinion after watching all 5 teams play this last weekend it is:

McKinney > Kennington > Martinez > Volkan > McKinney/Lanier

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TXSoccerBall on 7/31/2017, 9:27 pm

re. physical play.

These are 10/11 year old kids. Parents are screaming at them to be aggressive. Often refs are not confident and/or competent  enough to control the game.  It is on the coach to correct repeated, over the line physical play.  It is rare to see a coach sub out a player that is repeatedly crossing the line (often because they are a top player) and explain \ "coach" the player on how to play physical without being a hack. There is unlimited substitutions at this age, coaches should be using that as a teaching tool.  When a player commits repeated fouls (called or uncalled) the coach should pull him and talk to him.  Players hate missing game time, that is the only real hammer a coach has. Pull a player a couple of times for over the top play and the message will be sent to the player and the parents.  Unfortunately this is not happening as often as it should.

TXSoccerBall
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/1/2017, 12:52 am

I only saw the 2nd half of the FCD Youth vs. LP Owen. It was a very physical game. From what I could see, LP initiate most of the contact with their very "handsy" defenders. On the play where the FCD player was issued the Red card, the physicality was both ways.... until the punch was thrown, which earned the kid a red card. I felt like both coaches did a great job of lobbying the refs for fouls. The Refs never had any control over the portion of the game I actually saw. The LP coach was very vocal with the ref, demanding he review the "rulebook" and shout other nasty words at the linesmen. I didn't notice much from the FCD or LP parents, as most of their energies were focused on the refs and the physicality of the game. Only 1 LP parent was tossed, likely because of comments he made to the Ref (not entirely sure why). Right now, it just seems like FCD Youth has their number, and they're the better team of the two. They earned the game, and should have won 3-1 if that punch wasn't thrown (sad that poor FCD forward made a great run on a free ball only to have the score taken away because of senseless foul). The game was a fun one to watch, and I'm sure when these 2 teams meet again during league play, there will be even more drama/entertainment for us to discuss......

As for Solar Volkan, I only saw their last game vs. Rebels at week 1. From what I can tell, they aren't a D1 team. So much of their game seems to live or die with the 2 big midfielders they have. Both played hard, but Rebels was overwhelmingly dominant in that game. Volkan's group wasn't able to connect more than 2 passes, as Rebels just dominated possession .. I would say that Rebels should have won that game 7-0 were it not for some outstanding play by Volkan's keeper. They'll be fortunate to make D2 with their draw... I think we can all agree now that Volkan's YSR wasn't very accurate at all. Kennington's team is much better, and they have better skilled players throughout the field (they're the #2 Solar team for sure).

Lastly if we are going to discuss physical play, I must tell you that the most physical game of the tournament was NTX Celtics vs. Rush. Rush is by far the most aggressively physical team I've seen at this age group. It was a nail biter to witness, as I saw 2 separate incidents of kids sliding into the back of kids legs (both were Rush defenders that had been beaten by the Celtic's midfielder/winger out wide). The refs rewarded both incidents with fouls, 1 of which led to a score. Rush can play with any team in D1, they just didn't decided to play physically instead of possession, and the Refs were alert enough to control the game. I'm not sure Celtic won this, as much as I think Rush just lost it. Celtics played well, but they had a ton of help from the refs, who were calling OBVIOUS fouls against Rush. Some who saw the game might argue that the refs called the game way too tight, but my perspective is that good refs, both competent and alert, can control the games and keep the kids safe. (Side note: Rush should steam roll the field in week 2 to make D2). Celtic will move on, and struggle greatly in D1 if they don't improve their possession play (they still seem to play a ton of kickball).

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 8/1/2017, 4:13 am

Regarding FCD player who threw a punch.

Classic is very weak. There should he ZERO TOLERANCE  for this kind of behavior from a player, no matter what the circumstances are.

You throw a punch as a 10 yr old, team should immediately disqualified from the tournament and kid should be BANNED from classic for a YEAR. I bet this ia the only way the kid would learn to never  do this again.

It is absolutely ridiculous that NTX soccer got to this point. And Classic's complicity w the behavior here is a shame.  They should man up and protect the kids with a zero tolerance program. A One game suspension is a joke.....

Had this happened in a professional league where there is much more aggression, and this would be a 10 game suspension by FIFA. In a little wrinky dinky youth league in texas, this should be a Year Ban. Out of classic for a year. Teach kids a real lesson....

Very sad to see the powers to be at Classic unable to protect our kids. They claim to be so tough with all these rules and at the end of the day, they are super lenient with this type of behavior.

CLASSIC, I will refrain from calling you a Joke until a formal review has taken place....

Last edited by Socceroo on 8/1/2017, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 8/1/2017, 6:51 am

truthfully I feel bad for these kids at timea. they are only 10.and we as parents put immense pressure on them to be aggressive and win. think a lot of the fun has been taken out. it is tough on the coaches as well as the parents are so obsessed with winning that the coaches have to cater to them and turn to the darkside to keep their business going. parents are willing to leave if their amazing child doesn't get the division or competition. they expect. the whole system of trying to be in top division is another way of saying vicarious living by the parents. let's worry about them being good human beings vs professional soccer players

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/1/2017, 7:30 am

Socceroo wrote:

You throw a punch as a 10 yr old, team should immediately disqualified from the tournament and kid should be BANNED from classic for a YEAR. I bet this ia the only way the kid would learn to never  do this again.

It is absolutely ridiculous that NTX soccer got to this point. And Classic's complicity w the behavior here is a shame.  They should man up and protect the kids with a zero tolerance program. A One game suspension is a joke.....

No disrespect to you Socceroo, but a 1 year ban on a "child" for throwing a punch would have been excessive. Let's take a step back here be objective. Remember that these are children. Also remember that we're talking about 10 year old boys. As a kid, I'd get frustrated all the time while playing, especially if I felt I was being fouled repeatedly and the ref wasn't calling it. Now, I'm not condoning violence or saying that the FCD player wasn't in the wrong. However, I'm not gonna pretend that this kid was a thug, running around the field throwing punches. The FCD player was a 10 year old child. He made a poor decision out of frustration (and maybe even fatigue), and he earned a red card. His coach was extremely upset with his behavior (or at least it appeared he was from where I was standing) and immediately removed him from the field to talk with him. If this were league play, he would have been given the 1 game suspension, and that would have been sufficient. Now, if it were my BB that he threw that punch at, maybe I'd feel differently... but since it wasn't, I have the luxury of thinking rationally in this case. I saw the entire thing unfold, and from what I could see, both players threw punches. The FCD player threw the visible punch, and he deserved to get the card. The ref did his job in this instance, and wasted no time tossing the FCD kid...

I find it incredibly absurd that an entire team would be banned (for a full year) because a child threw a punch... That assertion is ridiculous, and it's why they don't let us parent make the rules or judge the situations. That would be over the top, as most of the good teams have players that are aggressive. If they wanted to penalized the team, they should have take away a tournament/bracket point (which would have made things very interesting in QT). Taking away a point would have accomplished the same thing, without stripping the entire team of kids of an opportunity to play classic. We have to remember that we're discussing children. It's 10 yr olds playing soccer, not adults. You Zero tolerance program sounds great to me. I'd love to see something like it implemented at the older age group (say u13 and above). I do believe that the associations and league pretty much have a zero tolerance for violence during play, as I've never seen a ref allow a punch to be thrown without consequence.

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 8/1/2017, 9:35 am

Socceroo wrote:Regarding FCD player who threw a punch.

Classic is very weak. There should he ZERO TOLERANCE  for this kind of behavior from a player, no matter what the circumstances are.

Had this happened in a professional league where there is much more aggression, and this would be a 10 game suspension by FIFA. In a little wrinky dinky youth league in texas, this should be a Year Ban. Out of classic for a year. Teach kids a real lesson....

Very sad to see the powers to be at Classic unable to protect our kids. They claim to be so tough with all these rules and at the end of the day, they are super lenient with this type of behavior.

CLASSIC, YOU ARE A JOKE

Plano Premier has plenty of openings, if you think Classic is a joke.

There is no-one at Classic puffing their chest and claiming "to be so tough with all these rules".  The league has standards intended to make it one of the best leagues in the country, and it hodor FIFA rules on uniforms.

A red card draws a minimum one game suspension.  After the A&D committee reviews the referee report, additional games may be added for violent conduct.

Last edited by nearpost95 on 8/1/2017, 3:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: