Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Latest topics
» U11 Classic D1
by Nomansoccerdad Today at 10:54 am

» '04 CLASSIC D2 Fall/Spring 2017-18
by Gameday 04 Yesterday at 9:31 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» Congratulation to Weston McKennie
by TayJ6 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» U17 World Cup Roster local players
by Bears Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» 2011 team - North Dallas
by FC FAST 11 Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» 09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 5:40 pm

» New to Plano - 06 Player available
by GKdad4653 9/21/2017, 5:29 pm

» 07 Boys Teams - GULF COAST OPEN -Gulf Shores Area- Jan 12-15
by U90C 9/21/2017, 4:39 pm

» FC Dallas West 11's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:11 pm

» FC Dallas West 10's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:06 pm

» Arlington Labor Tourney
by Riquelme Rises 9/21/2017, 12:21 pm

» Weekly predictions for D2
by PremierLeagueFan 9/21/2017, 11:40 am

» 03 Boys Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 10:52 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 Classic D1

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: U11 Classic D1

Post by factsmatter on 9/16/2017, 4:58 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:
factsmatter wrote:UPSET ALERT (at-least according to our predictions...haha):

Celtic v McKinney 2-1

Looks like NTX Celtic knocked off Solar McKinney (That's now 2 wins against the Top 5 YSR for Celtics--counting their win against Rush at QT) .. Now I didn't see the game... so I'd love get some insight from a spectator. For me, this also brings into debate on whether or not McKinney should still be considered as Solar's top team. Kennington's group is playing much better soccer right now, in my opinion.

That's a bold take but I don't see it.

From my Monday morning quarterback chair mckinney seems to be slightly up and down lately but it's even worse for kenningon.  They haven't beat any team of substance besides mckinney in a while and lost or tied to a few that should have been gimmies. The big question I always ask about mckinney is, Did manchild play today? That seems to be the difference. Anyone see him out there today?

Congrats to the celtics for the huge upset.   The celtics seem to be improving from when I last saw them but a quick look at recent games they've beaten 2 top 5 and been crushed by 2 more.  Both the Texans teams, even the one that doesn't score much put up big numbers on them and then they struggled in QT to much lower teams after beating rush.

None of this is meant to be negative these are 10'year old kids and ups and downs are to be expected I guess I just don't see your view.

Yes... I didn't stay to watch the game, but I can say definitively that the "manchild" was there. We saw him warming up with McKinney's group. Very Happy Very Happy

Also, I agree with your perspective on Kennington. I'm not here to defend or promote them specifically. They are very inconsistent. Yet, it seems to me that Kennington and Volcan's teams have gotten much stronger, while McKinney's is struggling. That's why I said that one could began to debate if McKinney's group is #1. Maybe I'm giving too much weight to their recent loses, but I see a crack in that foundation... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by factsmatter on 9/16/2017, 5:00 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:Is anyone else annoyed with scores not being entered timely ?

I asked about this today... apparently the team managers are imputing the scores now. Not sure how true it is... but thats what I was told. This would explain the delay... To answer you question: YES, I've very annoyed by it.

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by factsmatter on 9/16/2017, 5:10 pm

-- Week 3 Scores Update --

FCD Youth v Elite 2-0
FCD West v LP Owen 1-2
Rebels v Tigres b]9-0[/b]
Celtic v McKinney 2-1
ETX Wildcatters v LP St John 5-0
Ayses v Allegiance 3-2
TXN South v Solar Kennington 2-4
FCD ETX v FCD Academy 0-5
Fever v TXN Dallas 0-3
FCD Blue v TXN Red 0-5
--------------------------------------------------------------

Shout outs to the following picks that were spot on:
DragonStryker           FCD West v LP Owen 1-2
Solar555                   ETX Wildcatters v LP St. Johns 5-0
Cruiser                      FCD ETX v FCD Academy 0-5
DragonStryker           Fever  v TXN Dallas 0-3
Factsmatter               FCD Blue v TXN Red  0-5

Last edited by factsmatter on 9/16/2017, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 on 9/16/2017, 5:40 pm

Socceroo wrote:Arrived a little earlier and watched  Ayses vs Allegiance. Ayses won, but Allegiance dominated time of possession. by a lot. Allegiance is missing a true #9. They don't have a real forward who is a finisher. If they had that they would win a lot of these close games. They win time of possession, pass, pass, pass and then they cant finish... I like their style of playing. Pedro is doing a great job with those kids. He needs to recruit a good #9 for his team.

Although I'm not his biggest fan, I agree with you. He's doing a good job with those boys. They dominate the ball possession in every game, even against us. Those boys can pass and dribble, but they're not as good at finishing. And they're not the most aggressive group of players.

Either way, other than FCD Academy no other team comes close to passing the ball like them. But the game is won by scoring goals, not counting passes!

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/16/2017, 7:39 pm

baller07 wrote:
Socceroo wrote:Arrived a little earlier and watched  Ayses vs Allegiance. Ayses won, but Allegiance dominated time of possession. by a lot. Allegiance is missing a true #9. They don't have a real forward who is a finisher. If they had that they would win a lot of these close games. They win time of possession, pass, pass, pass and then they cant finish... I like their style of playing. Pedro is doing a great job with those kids. He needs to recruit a good #9 for his team.

Although I'm not his biggest fan, I agree with you. He's doing a good job with those boys. They dominate the ball possession in every game, even against us. Those boys can pass and dribble, but they're not as good at finishing. And they're not the most aggressive group of players.

Either way, other than FCD Academy no other team comes close to passing the ball like them. But the game is won by scoring goals, not counting passes!

True, but at this age, I think they will benefit more from learning how to play this way. Whatever Pedro is doing with these boys is working. It is just not translating into goals and wins. I know a lot parents will say that is all that matter. But I disagree...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomansoccerdad on 9/17/2017, 4:30 am

Celtic v McKinney 2-1

Looks like NTX Celtic knocked off Solar McKinney (That's now 2 wins against the Top 5 YSR for Celtics--counting their win against Rush at QT) .. Now I didn't see the game... so I'd love get some insight from a spectator. For me, this also brings into debate on whether or not McKinney should still be considered as Solar's top team. Kennington's group is playing much better soccer right now, in my opinion.

First post here so I hope the quoting and formatting works.

Celtic dug deep into their player pool and club passed a ringer from their D3 Lake Highlands sqaud. She's comparable in size and physical development to manchild, however, in a much more "Eve" sort of way. When the kids on Solar saw her warming up with the Celtic team before the game you could sense immediate fear in their eyes and that they knew their upcoming battle was now doomed from the start.

As for the game itself:

Actually Solar looked better than Celtics for most of the game. Celtics capitalized when they had the chance and both goals were fairly good quality but against the run of the play. Solar played very good ball possession but missed a couple key finishing opportunities. If these teams played 10 times Solar would win 6, they would tie 2 or 3, and Celtics would win 1 or 2. This was just one of those 1 or 2 days.

Manchild was fun to watch! Can't wait to see him on a full size field with space to run. He also shot one ball from the right side of the penalty box that almost went in. Had the goal been 20 feet higher and 100 yards back it might have been on frame.

As for this Celtic "Womanchild" ... this was her first D1 classic game to attend in uniform with "her boys" and she wasn't released to battle the lions on the field just yet. She played with the Celtics all last year but hurt her MCL in training 2 weeks before Tutt. She's recovered 100% but still getting game shape form and speed.

I'd love to get involved in your weekly picks if that's okay with you. I don't have boy that plays D1 Classic so all of my comments and game feedback going forward will be completely neutral. (LOL)

Also is there a D3 Lake Highlands forum similar to this? I may want to make a post there every once in a while!

Nomansoccerdad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/17/2017, 9:06 am

Here's the girls http://www.txsoccer.net/

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/17/2017, 12:31 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:

Celtic v McKinney 2-1

From my Monday morning quarterback chair mckinney seems to be slightly up and down lately but it's even worse for kenningon.  They haven't beat any team of substance besides mckinney in a while and lost or tied to a few that should have been gimmies. The big question I always ask about mckinney is, Did manchild play today? That seems to be the difference. Anyone see him out there today?

Congrats to the celtics for the huge upset.   The celtics seem to be improving from when I last saw them but a quick look at recent games they've beaten 2 top 5 and been crushed by 2 more.  Both the Texans teams, even the one that doesn't score much put up big numbers on them and then they struggled in QT to much lower teams after beating rush.

None of this is meant to be negative these are 10'year old kids and ups and downs are to be expected I guess I just don't see your view.

Solar- I don't think the team hierarchy at Solar has changed, but the once sizable gap between McKinney and those battling for 2nd has shrunken significantly. To me, Mckinney has taken a step back, but its temporary as they integrate new players. That being said...they still have the most upside and when they figure it out will have the best chance of truly competing with FCD Academy.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/17/2017, 1:20 pm

Socceropath wrote:
Dallassoccerdad wrote:

Celtic v McKinney 2-1

Solar- I don't think the team hierarchy at Solar has changed, but the once sizable gap between McKinney and those battling for 2nd has shrunken significantly.  To me, Mckinney has taken a step back, but its temporary as they integrate new players.  That being said...they still have the most upside and when they figure it out will have the best chance of truly competing with FCD Academy.  

The problem is byt the time they figure it out in a few months, he will have recruited another 3 or 4 players like he does every few months and then the cycle re-starts again.....By far the best 07 recruiter at Solar....but likely #4 or 5 as far as coaching go... Laughing

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/17/2017, 1:26 pm

What is going on with the Garland Tigres?

I realize they played 3 of the top 6 teams or so, but they had 24 goals scored against them in 3 weeks and they have not scored once....

They are in a position to basically give up their D1 team and focus on getting their D2 team up to D1....as it looks like this could be the only way to keep them at D1...Maybe that is what they did already....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 9/17/2017, 5:40 pm

I think the post QT shuffle played the odds to make sure they had 2 classic league teams next year...both in D2.
They probably could have fielded a team that could stay in D1, but at a significant chance of having to requalify the D2 team next year.
I don't think they have much chance of getting the D2 team promoted.

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/17/2017, 6:39 pm

How many teams in D2 get to stay at D2 after year 1?

What about after year 2 when it goes to 3 x 10 teams?

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 9/17/2017, 7:29 pm

Bottom 6 teams in D2 after U11 season have to requalify.

After U12, top 2 teams in D2 stay in D2. 3rd and 4th place go to D3...the other 16 can try to requalify for D3, but only 6 spots remain.

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 9/17/2017, 7:56 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:Here's the girls http://www.txsoccer.net/

If he thinks this forum can be entertaining, he is in for a surprise on the girls forum!!

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/17/2017, 8:16 pm

DblDown wrote:Bottom 6 teams in D2 after U11 season have to requalify.

After U12, top 2 teams in D2 stay in D2. 3rd and 4th place go to D3...the other 16 can try to requalify for D3, but only 6 spots remain.

Thanks for the clarification!!

What about the D1 teams after U12? I'm assuming Top 10 become D1, 11 through 18 Stay in D2 and bottom 2 go to D3?

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 9/17/2017, 8:44 pm

Correct

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomansoccerdad on 9/18/2017, 9:21 am

TayJ6 wrote:
Dallassoccerdad wrote:Here's the girls kwhaters.lol /

If he thinks this forum can be entertaining, he is in for a surprise on the girls forum!!

LOL I've actually found that forum and find it quite humorous on some of the stuff that's posted.  Pretty funny how a specific coach has her own hate club and even funnier how long the thread lasts.

I just like watching good soccer.  The style of soccer these kids are playing and these coaches are putting on the field is amazing ... especially since the foundation has been built for 2-4 years with them already.

If you have a son playing D1 07 this year and my daughter is club passing with "her boys team" then you will likely meet me briefly before the game.  I walk around an introduce myself to the opponents parents as the "jackass dad" on the other teams sideline while I act like I'm "sizing up the competition" of the other dads.  Everyone gets a kick out of it and tensions between team parents don't ever seem to escalate.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Nomansoccerdad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TikiTaka10 on 9/18/2017, 10:57 am

Allegiance vs Ayses
game film through the Allegiance lenses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrmFsiXRxz8&t=332s

TikiTaka10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/18/2017, 11:30 am

Week 3 Results:

DragonStryker 28
Good4nuthin 28
Solar5555 27
Baller07 26
Socceroo 26
NoSurpriseHere 25
Cruiser 24
Takinumbers 23
FactsMatter 23
KOSoccer92 23
Socceropath 20
TayJ6 18
DallasSoccerDad 15
Solar07B 0

Season Scores:

Good4nuthin 55
Socceroo 54
Socceropath 51
DragonStryker 51
Baller07 51
FactsMatter 48
NoSurpriseHere 47
Cruiser 46
TayJ6 46
Takinumbers 45
DallasSoccerDad 44
KOSoccer92 43
Solar5555 39
Solar07B 23

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/18/2017, 11:37 am

Week 4 prediction:

FCD Academy v Solar McKinney   4-1
Solar Kennington v ETX Wildcatters   4-1
TXN Dallas v TXN Red  1-1
LP Owen v Celtic  1-2
Rebels v Ayses  5-2
TXN South v  FCD Youth  1-4
Allegiance  v Fever   2-2
Elite  v FCD Blue  3-3
LP St John  v FCD ETX  1-3
FCD W  v  Tigres  3-1

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/18/2017, 11:54 am

Get your popcorn ready.  This weeks matchups are amazing!!!  No way to pick a game of the week as all 10 have a level of intrigue.  Questions that will get answered...

Is 1 more week of practice for McKinney and Allegiance enough to get the chemistry needed to right the ship?  

Can Kennington, Celtic, Ayses, and FCD Youth continue their momentum?  

No PKs to decide TXN battle royale, can either of them get it done in regulation?

Does Elite continue to slide?

Relegation battle in September?  You betcha!  The bottom 4 play each other.  If they don't get a result here, an already steep hill turns into a mountain.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser on 9/18/2017, 12:04 pm

FCD Academy v Solar McKinney 5-2
Solar Kennington v ETX Wildcatters 3-2
TXN Dallas v TXN Red 1-2
LP Owen v Celtic 2-2
Rebels v Ayses 4-2
TXN South v FCD Youth 1-3