Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Latest topics
» U11 Classic D1
by Nomansoccerdad Today at 10:54 am

» '04 CLASSIC D2 Fall/Spring 2017-18
by Gameday 04 Yesterday at 9:31 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» Congratulation to Weston McKennie
by TayJ6 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» U17 World Cup Roster local players
by Bears Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» 2011 team - North Dallas
by FC FAST 11 Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» 09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 5:40 pm

» New to Plano - 06 Player available
by GKdad4653 9/21/2017, 5:29 pm

» 07 Boys Teams - GULF COAST OPEN -Gulf Shores Area- Jan 12-15
by U90C 9/21/2017, 4:39 pm

» FC Dallas West 11's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:11 pm

» FC Dallas West 10's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:06 pm

» Arlington Labor Tourney
by Riquelme Rises 9/21/2017, 12:21 pm

» Weekly predictions for D2
by PremierLeagueFan 9/21/2017, 11:40 am

» 03 Boys Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 10:52 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password


Labor Day Tournaments

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Socceropath on 9/6/2017, 1:21 pm

Aside from politics at play over at Solar, it may be as simple as who holds a "B" license, since its required for DA. This potentially eliminates quite a few candidates.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 185
Join date : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by dcsol10 on 9/6/2017, 1:34 pm

JogaBonitoTX wrote:Which Solar coach will have the 07s when they go DA next year? Is it one of these five? Kennington, Volkan, McKinney, Martinez, or McKinney. Or somebody else at the club?

I could be wrong but unless they are adding a new age group to US Soccer 07's won't be DA age until July/August 2019

dcsol10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/6/2017, 1:34 pm

DragonStryker wrote:

Adam Wells. He held a few limited pool practices this past spring. I would anticipate them starting back up in the medium term (Nov to Jan best guess).

This could obviously change.

I heard that was more of a recruiting tool for Volkan and Kennigton to try and bolster their teams

Were solar mckinney players invited as well?

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Join date : 2017-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by JogaBonitoTX on 9/6/2017, 1:50 pm

I could be wrong but unless they are adding a new age group to US Soccer 07's won't be DA age until July/August 2019[/quote]

The 06's are current (2017/2018) U12 DA. The 07's will be U12 DA next year - the 2018/2019 season. Teams will be set (early) summer of 2018 with rosters done in August 2018.

JogaBonitoTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Join date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by DragonStryker on 9/6/2017, 1:52 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

Adam Wells. He held a few limited pool practices this past spring. I would anticipate them starting back up in the medium term (Nov to Jan best guess).

This could obviously change.

I heard that was more of a recruiting tool for Volkan and Kennigton to try and bolster their teams

Were solar mckinney players invited as well?

Sorta like when Solar arranged pool practices for the age pure change, McKinney's players were told not to attend
avatar
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 562
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Socceroo on 9/6/2017, 2:16 pm

Socceropath wrote:Aside from politics at play over at Solar, it may be as simple as who holds a "B" license, since its required for DA.  This potentially eliminates quite a few candidates.

True, but just because they dont have a B now, doesnt mean they wont in June 2018 ....I know of at least one of them who is pursuing the B this year....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 227
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by dcsol10 on 9/6/2017, 2:30 pm

JogaBonitoTX wrote:I could be wrong but unless they are adding a new age group to US Soccer 07's won't be DA age until July/August 2019

The 06's are current (2017/2018) U12 DA. The 07's will be U12 DA next year - the 2018/2019 season. Teams will be set (early) summer of 2018 with rosters done in August 2018. [/quote]

Joga, I stand corrected. It looks like last years U12 DA teams had a 1 year exception

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-boys/dure-age-group-issue-puts-development-academy-in-a-time-warp/


dcsol10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by CSTinDFW on 9/7/2017, 1:16 am

I'm new to this site and forum, but have been watching this 07 discussion board for a month or two now. I decided to register today after some of the blatant and unfortunate falsehoods I've seen perpetuated by multiple people. To set the record straight, Fever United and Coach Moreno did not choose to be in the Silver division of this past weekends Labor Day tournament. Quite the contrary, he actually asked to be in the Gold division. Apparently it was based on rankings and also took into consideration the teams from Oklahoma and Kansas. If you look at the record, Fever has not shyed away from strong competition. Also, anyone who knows anything about or who has adequately observed Coach Moreno knows what kind of man and Coach he is. His kids adore him and he always has their best interest at heart. That and he always handles himself with class and character.

CSTinDFW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Solar 07B on 9/7/2017, 8:39 am

CSTinDFW wrote:I'm new to this site and forum, but have been watching this 07 discussion board for a month or two now. I decided to register today after some of the blatant and unfortunate falsehoods I've seen perpetuated by multiple people. To set the record straight, Fever United and Coach Moreno did not choose to be in the Silver division of this past weekends Labor Day tournament. Quite the contrary, he actually asked to be in the Gold division. Apparently it was based on rankings and also took into consideration the teams from Oklahoma and Kansas. If you look at the record,  Fever has not shyed away from strong competition. Also, anyone who knows anything about or who has adequately observed Coach Moreno knows what kind of man and Coach he is. His kids adore him and he always has their best interest at heart. That and he always handles himself with class and character.

Your coaches behavior was never in question. The sideline antics of one of your parents is what is being called out. I am sure you will agree, belittling 9 and 10 year olds from the sidelines is never justified - by a coach or parent.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Join date : 2016-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by KOSoccer92 on 9/7/2017, 9:20 am

Solar 07B wrote:
Your coaches behavior was never in question. The sideline antics of one of your parents is what is being called out. I am sure you will agree, belittling 9 and 10 year olds from the sidelines is never justified - by a coach or parent.

I have to agree with Solar.... I've seen these parents belittle kids on the opposing team on multiple occasions. The coach may have class and respect, but the same can not be said for all the parents on that sideline.

KOSoccer92
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Join date : 2017-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by CSTinDFW on 9/7/2017, 9:41 am

I've never seen or heard that since we started last October. If anyone has any specific examples, please share. Neither our Coach nor our parents condone that type of behavior. If any parent acts in a manner that is in any way unbecoming, they are quickly called out by other parents. I can assure you we'd never stay on a team like that. My daughter actually plays on a Solar 09 team.

CSTinDFW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by CSTinDFW on 9/7/2017, 9:58 am

It wasn't you guys, but this is what was said about our Coach and nothing could be further from the truth. Coach Moreno is one of the most classy, character filled Coach's I've seen in youth sports and we've been around 100's as I have 4 kids who play multiple select sports. He doesn't scream and yell, is often sitting on the bench observing and never ever gets into it with refs or other coach's.

"Fever, PST, Mckinney, and Owen are the parents I've always found to be the most annoying, rude and uncontrolled which trickles down directly from how their coaches act."

CSTinDFW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by BigDaddy5 on 9/7/2017, 10:25 am

Solar 07B.... please enlighten us with a single example of a Fever parent or fan belittling a player from an opposing team? That's a pretty serious accusation, and a very cowardly one...given that its hearsay, and impossible to argue. Coach Moreno is the epitome of the word Coach, and has a heart of gold, he has never and would never put up with anyone, a Fever parent or any teams parent bullying a child. As far as the Fever parents go..yes, we love watching our kids play and can cheer pretty loud sometimes, but always in a positive and encouraging manner, in fact if you knew anything about them, you would find they are the first to cheer an opposing player after standing from an on field injury, or even a well played goal. I know that if I , or any adult with a clear conscience witnessed another adult at a soccer match, a little league game, Chuck E. Cheese's, bully a child..... I would absolutely take some type of action to stop it! Did you clarify with with other spectators or the individual if what you thought you heard was correct? Talk to the Refs? Make a formal complaint with the league? If you answered "no" to those questions, then my question to you is, Why not?

BigDaddy5
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Solar 07B on 9/7/2017, 10:52 am

BigDaddy5 wrote:   Solar 07B.... please enlighten us with a single example of a Fever parent or fan belittling a player from an opposing team? That's a pretty serious accusation, and a very cowardly one...given that its hearsay, and impossible to argue. Coach Moreno is the epitome of the word Coach, and has a heart of gold, he has never and would never put up with anyone, a Fever parent or any teams parent bullying a child. As far as the Fever parents go..yes, we love watching our kids play and can cheer pretty loud sometimes, but always in a positive and encouraging manner, in fact if you knew anything about them, you would find they are the first to cheer an opposing player after standing from an on field injury, or even a well played goal. I know that if I , or any adult with a clear conscience witnessed another adult at a soccer match, a little league game, Chuck E. Cheese's, bully a child..... I would absolutely take some type of action to stop it! Did you clarify with with other spectators or the individual if what you thought you heard was correct? Talk to the Refs? Make a formal complaint with the league? If you answered "no" to those questions, then my question to you is, Why not?

Solar 07B wrote:
Socceroo wrote:Looks like now we know why Fever chose the Silver bracket...

They just got beat today by arguably Solar's 5th best team...a team that plays tough, but inconsistent by barely making D2.

It is now clear why they went Silver....

You mean Solar's 5th best "bronze level" team - as the Fever parent yelled to his son on the field. I believe the exact yell / quote was "your getting outplayed by a bronze division team".

Yeah, his son - and all the boys heard it too. Fantastic sideline motivation and parenting in my opinion.

Although, he was correct - they did get outplayed.

I think "inconsistent" was the theme for many teams this weekend. Time and league play will tell all.

Feeling a little hostile are we BigDaddy5? Maybe you should read before commenting.


Last edited by Solar 07B on 9/7/2017, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Join date : 2016-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by 07D1player on 9/7/2017, 10:56 am

Since you guys are so adamant about receiving an example, I give you the League Challenge Cup from November 2016. Your 2006 team was playing on the field next to us. The parents of that team were worse than atrocious and belittled the Center Back for the team they were playing during the entire 2nd half. When we played their 07's in that same tournament, my son was put down more than a few times by a group of parents on your sideline (I won't say why because it would clearly identify both him and myself which I'd prefer not to do).

Anyway, I'm in 100% agreement with Solar 07B, some of the worst parents I've come across.

I'm sure you'll say those were simply bad apples or one off events and that those parents are likely no longer with the team. But it's been a recurring theme with Fever generally going all the way back to u6/7 with their 08 team. It's appears to be a trend, not a one off aberration.

07D1player
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/7/2017, 11:28 am

My son has shared the field with or been next to the the 06,07,and 08 fever teams multiple times over the past 3 years of competive soccer. Each team's parents are similar in their berating of opponents and obnoxious behavior.
I appreciate you both signing up today to defend your coach but there is a common theme for this and I stick to my original comment that got you to sign up. It comes from the top down. If we can all hear it even if we aren't on the same field he can too and nothing has been done so far.


Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Join date : 2017-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Socceroo on 9/7/2017, 11:33 am

I'm not involved with Fever or Solar....and don't know any of the Fever parents...but I know that Coach Moreno is a very respected coach and a very nice guy. BUt one thing is clear...when there are multiple people complaining about a certain group of parents, usually there is something to that.

One would hope Coach Moreno would have a nice conversation with those parents.

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 227
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by CSTinDFW on 9/7/2017, 12:40 pm

I can't speak for the 06' team, but I can say clearly and without a shadow of a doubt that there is no problem whatsoever with Fever's 07 parents. I can assure you, if there were I'd have a major problem with it as would Coach Moreno. I'm sorry that you guys experienced anything to the contrary. I guarantee you that kind of behavior won't ever be tolerated.

The other reason I signed up after just reading for a couple of months was the ignorant comments by several people of Coach Moreno intentionally signing up for the Silver division in this Labor Day tournament. To say again unequivocally, he signed up the team for the Gold division and was placed in the Silver. Also, for all those who say Fever would be crushed in the Gold bracket and how we'll only be favored in 4-5 games at best in Classic, we lost to the Dallas Texans-Salazar team 2-1 at QT and without a late own goal, it would have been a draw. We then lost to that same team 3-1 in Classic with the game being 1-1 close to halftime. We actually gave up another weird own goal with a slip in the rain and a late goal being overly aggressive late. I can assure you that Coach Moreno is not afraid to play the best. Our team has come a long way and is consistently getting better. We aren't Solar, FC Dallas or the Dallas Texans, we do the best with what we have and Coach is doing a heck of a job in that regard. The kids are truly being developed.

CSTinDFW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/7/2017, 12:46 pm

It was wierd to see you guys in silver because you've always played gold so I figured there was a better reason for that and as we read volkan got screwed over in King Tut recently too so it happens more often than we think.





Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Join date : 2017-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Socceroo on 9/7/2017, 12:56 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:It was wierd to see you guys in silver because you've always played gold so I figured there was a better reason for that and as we read volkan got screwed over in King Tut recently too so it happens more often than we think.





Yes it is true. People here need to calm down. This is std procedure....There are only so many teams they can place in each bracket....Usually they go by YSR to determine who should be in the Gold Brackets. So most of the time for a competitive team ranked 15 to 25 that want to play tournaments in the Gold Bracket, it becomes difficult and dependent on how many teams have signed up....In most tournaments, it is not 1st come 1st serve....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 227
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by melabrew on 9/7/2017, 1:10 pm

My son's 06 team played Fever last year and we had a similar experience. A mom (or potentially grandmother) from Fever was so loud and abrasive the entire game. With her aggressive behavior, she honestly seemed like she may have been drunk or on something. It was a stressful game and Fever ended up winning. At the end, she approached our side of the field and declared, "we kicked your ass!" Shocked I was in shock as were the rest of the parents on our team. After the field cleared, I approached the coach, congratulated him on their win and then told him what happened. The team is good, really good. That lady totally took away from the team and their win, which was my point of saying something to the coach. It was completely unnecessary. The coach could not have been nicer and said he'd address it. By my description he seemed to know who I was talking about, so I do not think my experience was isolated. Unfortunately whenever we play Fever now, I completely dread it.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 37
Join date : 2016-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by sonnyspur07 on 9/7/2017, 1:13 pm

Not to belabor this topic too much, but I thought I have a bit of a unique perspective to share. My son is on this Fever 07 team, but we've only been with them for a couple of months (since signing day). So admittedly, it's a small sample size (Tut, QT and Labor Day), but also it gives me some objectivity since I don't have any long standing loyalty to this team (I'm actually still learning some of the parents' names). And in the 10-11 games I've attended, I've never heard these parents ever step out of line. They don't argue with refs, they don't engage the other team's parents, they don't berate our kids and they certainly don't belittle the other team's kids. They are loud and enthusiastic, but always in a positive way. I can't speak to what some of you experienced in the past and whether those parents are even still with the team, but some of the allegations are downright puzzling to me. It almost makes me think you have us confused with another Fever team or something.

I WAS on the sideline for the Solar/Fever game this weekend however, and I can say that I did not hear the "bronze team" comment. But also that I'm having a hard time believing that the comment came from our sideline. The reason I say that is because 1) it would be out of character for the parents on this team and 2) many of our parents know the McKinney/Lanier team, and we know they are not a "Bronze" team. I think we even have a couple of kids that came from that team. Is it possible maybe your team misheard what was said? Or maybe the comment came from one of the kids/older siblings on the sideline that have no filter for comments? Just puzzling.

Again, I'm speaking from a small sample size of 10-11 games, but that's still more than any parent from an opposing team. And to drag Coach Moreno under the bus is absolutely wrong. I second CST...he is a great coach and a class act in every way. Always under control when addressing the kids, refs or the other team's coach.

PS. to say that Solar "outplayed" Fever is really an overstatement. I think it was a fairly even game. A D2 team playing evenly with a D1 team is not that shocking.

sonnyspur07
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by KOSoccer92 on 9/7/2017, 2:37 pm

I think all the "new" fever parents that joined are misunderstanding the post as well. As a parent, when your child does wrong, its a reflection on you as a parent, on your parenting. On the fields, the coaches are the one's held responsible for the actions of their players and unfortunately the player's parents as well. This is why they say its a reflection on the coach. Not because the Coach is that type of person, but because his sideline is acting that way. Is it unfair to the coach, yes. But I have seen coaches in games yell at the parents to get them in check as well.

KOSoccer92
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Join date : 2017-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by CSTinDFW on 9/7/2017, 2:53 pm

I'm not misunderstanding anything, I think you are the one misunderstanding. The problem doesn't exist with our Fever 07 Parents or Coach and if it did, it would be addressed Immediately. I have no doubt that any isolated events would have been handled by Coach Moreno immediately. I'm done with this topic.

CSTinDFW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/7/2017, 2:55 pm

melabrew wrote:My son's 06 team played Fever last year and we had a similar experience. A mom (or potentially grandmother) from Fever was so loud and abrasive the entire game. With her aggressive behavior, she honestly seemed like she may have been drunk or on something. It was a stressful game and Fever ended up winning. At the end, she approached our side of the field and declared, "we kicked your ass!" Shocked I was in shock as were the rest of the parents on our team. After the field cleared, I approached the coach, congratulated him on their win and then told him what happened. The team is good, really good. That lady totally took away from the team and their win, which was my point of saying something to the coach. It was completely unnecessary. The coach could not have been nicer and said he'd address it. By my description he seemed to know who I was talking about, so I do not think my experience was isolated. Unfortunately whenever we play Fever now, I completely dread it.

The 07s have a grandma that is like that too I wonder if it's the same one? Thankfully my kid has never lost to them for her to be able to spout that phrase.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Join date : 2017-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Solar5555 on 9/7/2017, 2:58 pm

Just saying. Im not a fever parent but if i was do you really think i would care about what the rest of you thought about me and my team..HECK NO!!!! GO SOLAR! GIVEM THE FINGER FEVER!! YOU OWE NONE OF US AN EXPLANATION ..

Solar5555
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum