Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Labor Day Tournaments

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by bueler13 on 8/30/2017, 3:10 pm

Development=practice and Game=what you learned in practice and using it. If you are not learning anything in practice then it will not develop into game play which means you' e paying your coach for nothing.  Your team develops better by playing a comparable team. A 2-0 is comparable teams playing each other and it is normally tight game that who knows what happened within the game, but the stress from a tight game is better.  My son's team (Dallas Rush) will hold possession and out shoot most teams we play but will lose 2-0 or 3-2 because sometimes that is how soccer goes. Doesn't mean we are a bad team or shouldn't be in classic league 1 it just means it happened.  So in relation to playing gold or silver, success is sometimes better if it is close games then blow outs.  Getting blown out does not develop your team, more likely it will hurt them because mentally they begin to develop a losers mentality.  With that being said if you are blowing teams out in silver then yes that ='s no development because there is not a challenge.  Challenge to improve but you have to succeed sometimes within the challenge.  Fever has two teams and they could be combining them because people out of town, hurt , etc...  Development=practice Game=Fun (should always be fun, blow outs are not fun)

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 8/30/2017, 4:41 pm

Predictions:
U90C
Bracket A advancing - FCD Academy, Solar McKinney
Bracket B advancing - Solar Kennington; Rush

Finals - Solar Kennington x FCD Academy
Winner - FCD Academy

Plano
I don't think there is anyway TSC's main team loses a game here...They are by far the top team here...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 8/31/2017, 3:27 pm

wonder if the gasoline pandemonium will affect turnout for the tournament. will Oklahoma teams show up?

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 8/31/2017, 3:51 pm

They might show up...but will they get home again.....???
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fcwhatever on 8/31/2017, 4:00 pm

I think between U90 and Plano there are close to 200 teams coming from out of town. That's a lot of additional motorist fighting for gas. Don't see many f them making it back home. Would imagine they would need to announce today as people start heading this direction soon. Glad I live here

fcwhatever
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer on 8/31/2017, 7:40 pm

the problem is there is one new story on a station running out of gas and everyone goes to fill up their tank in one day, even if there weren't some Harvey shortages stations would still be running out of gas when everyone shows up in a 24 hour period, fill up before you cross over the red river if coming from the north.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/1/2017, 8:29 pm

Wow, did you see Texans Dallas just got blown out by NXT Celtic? Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 9/1/2017, 9:12 pm

Fuzz wrote:Wow, did you see Texans Dallas just got blown out by NXT Celtic?  Crazy

That's surprising. Hard to see Texans dallas give up that many even if they were playing without a Keeper. Wonder what the story is?
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco5 on 9/1/2017, 10:15 pm

Looks like AYSES was blown out as well 4-0, by Volkan.

Frisco5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/1/2017, 10:35 pm

Sounds more like the scores got reveresed for the games.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/2/2017, 10:07 am

Both still show the same this morning after the 8 am game updates. Wow!

looks like the FC dallas teams fell in line with their expected losses this morning to buck the upset trend

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/2/2017, 5:46 pm

RecMom was right. Or at least it looks that way so far. Both Fever and Texans south don't seem to have been challenged at all today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerboymom on 9/2/2017, 5:52 pm

Sounds like you're a Fever fan RecMom.

Soccerboymom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/2/2017, 6:16 pm

Soccerboymom wrote:Sounds like you're a Fever fan RecMom.  

Is there something wrong with that? I'm a fan of many teams. Not sure what your point is

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerboymom on 9/2/2017, 6:28 pm

From what I understand, you register and they put you in a bracket.

Soccerboymom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/2/2017, 6:46 pm

Soccerboymom wrote:From what I understand, you register and they put you in a bracket.

That is correct, except you tell them if you want to play gold, silver or bronze level.  Then they put you in a bracket.  I think her comment was about why they chose silver instead of gold

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 on 9/2/2017, 7:16 pm

Once again what you want is to be in close games to develop. If Fever and Texans south is killing it then the next tourney they will move up. Guys it is always a learning experience. One team will not when the championship but one will. Sometimes it is okay to win to help the psyche of the team. Disclaimer I am a Rush dad so I have no allegiance to either but I am a fan of soccer done the right way. Everyone has their own opinion and it is always fun sharing those opnions. Wait until they get to u16 and how good the teams will be.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer on 9/2/2017, 9:23 pm

Looks like TSC and Dallas Texans headed for a final showdown in PLD unless Texans Red can take out their brother team.  Surprised the 4-0 loss to TSC by Texans Red, two very direct long ball teams that I thought would be closer. Ayses struggling and LP Owen still having a hard time scoring goals.  Volkan representing the D2 group well.

Over at U90C, FCD taking care of business against Solar McKinney this morning, expect that to be the final with another FCD win.  Rush making their case for why they are top five team despite the Qualifying Tournament.  I expected ETX Wildcatters to be better, but they got shelled by Rush this afternoon.  Kennington looks to be their same inconsistent self.

Fever and Texans South showing they don't really want to play with the big boys signing up for Silver despite being a D1 team.......

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by That Guy on 9/2/2017, 11:21 pm

Way to much analysis of 9 and 10 year old soccer. Socceropath something tells me you're an engineer or an accountant. Question, RecMom does your wife know that you are using her account? If you are a parent of a Fever player, talk to the coach, if you are not, why on Gods green earth do you care so much?? You're either unemployed or underemployed to have this much free time on your hands. Ding fries are done.

That Guy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/3/2017, 11:42 am

I'm neither an engineer nor accountant, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 9/3/2017, 12:03 pm

RecMom wrote:doesn't matter.  Then you shouldn't have tried to make D1.  I get you had to attempt D1 in order to get a shot at D2, but you can easily NOT qualify for D1 if that is your concern.  Plus, DT South only lost to Rebel 2-3.  I just don't see how playing the lower level helps you develop into the team you are wanting to be.  I would rather my son's team loses 5-0 in gold than win 2-0 in silver.  Confidence is a farce in this situation.  Kids know who they are playing and what level.  They may feel good about themselves for winning a Silver tournament, but then next Classic league game is one week after that.  Do you really think they are going to take that confidence with them knowing they are no longer playing silver.  I just don't understand it.  I wouldn't want my son playing for a coach like that.  You get better by playing better competition, not by playing lower competition.  DTS may not deserve to be D1, but they will be better off at the end of the year for it.   Remember, its not about winning, its about player development.

Development, if you truly believe in it, is often times about putting your boys in a position to experience some success. Learning to play possession soccer against big, athletic teams that high press does very little for development. Starting against a slightly slower base to teach the kids how to deal with pressure at a marginally slower pace then advancing them can make all the difference. Allegiance easily proves this point. They spent all last fall and this past spring playing Silver. And beating the crap out of most of the teams they played. But the boys on that team learned to play a possession style that is only slightly behind Texans Dallas. ANd they are a solid top 10 team presently.

Having a boy on a team that kept playing Gold while going through the same process, I can assure you it's a far slower and more difficult process because the boy's confidence takes a massive hit losing ball after ball in the Defensice third. It also slows the learning curve because because you can't learn to move the ball through the middle third or attack in the offensive third until you finally figure out how's to consistently beat that high press. And you don't lose 5-0, you occasionally get pounded while giving up frivolous goals that teach nothing for estrous team confidence and potentially chemistry in the process.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 9/3/2017, 3:55 pm

Looks like now we know why Fever chose the Silver bracket...

They just got beat today by arguably Solar's 5th best team...a team that plays tough, but inconsistent by barely making D2.

It is now clear why they went Silver....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 on 9/3/2017, 4:08 pm

U90c
Rush v solar mckinney
Fc dallas Academy v kennington/etx wildcatters

Plano:
Texans v texans red
Tsc v solar volkan

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco5 on 9/3/2017, 4:33 pm

Plano Labor Day

Not sure what to expect from the two Texans games, only loss for Red was to TSC in which they got blown out. Volkan already put it on TSC. So that game is a toss up/ lean Volkan.

U90

Rush v FCD. Kennington struggled again.

Frisco5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer on 9/3/2017, 6:21 pm

Allegiance really struggling now which is surprising, 4 losses in 4 games. Maybe playing top competition week in and week out taking its toll physically and mentally.

Surprised by the number of goals Rush has been putting up in this tourney, although I still think it is a Solar McKinney and FCD rematch in the final. Rush only has one sub. FCD in final 3-1 vs. McKinney.

Kennington inconsistent, played Rush tough it looks like and then loses to ETX Wildcatters.

PLD

Texans match will be hard fought, no love loss there in trying to be the top Texans team. Red should win but not if they play like they did against TSC. TSC take care of business against Volkan, but great tourney by Volkan, representing well after qualifying disappointment. TSC winner in the final vs. Red.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 on 9/3/2017, 7:18 pm

Kennington was beating Rush 1-0 at half, however from talking with people (I was not there) they seemed to of gone more direct in play. Hopefully that is not the case because he was doing it the right way. As far as how we are scoring goals it is a complete team game. Passing, movement, switching play and finishing when they get a chance. The two games after Kennington we possessed and the teams got tired. We struggle against McKinney but hopefully we play better than the last couple of times in which they handled us.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum