Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Latest topics
» U11 Classic D1
by Nomansoccerdad Today at 10:54 am

» '04 CLASSIC D2 Fall/Spring 2017-18
by Gameday 04 Yesterday at 9:31 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» Congratulation to Weston McKennie
by TayJ6 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» U17 World Cup Roster local players
by Bears Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» 2011 team - North Dallas
by FC FAST 11 Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» 09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 5:40 pm

» New to Plano - 06 Player available
by GKdad4653 9/21/2017, 5:29 pm

» 07 Boys Teams - GULF COAST OPEN -Gulf Shores Area- Jan 12-15
by U90C 9/21/2017, 4:39 pm

» FC Dallas West 11's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:11 pm

» FC Dallas West 10's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:06 pm

» Arlington Labor Tourney
by Riquelme Rises 9/21/2017, 12:21 pm

» Weekly predictions for D2
by PremierLeagueFan 9/21/2017, 11:40 am

» 03 Boys Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 10:52 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Labor Day Tournaments

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by bueler13 on 9/3/2017, 7:18 pm

Kennington was beating Rush 1-0 at half, however from talking with people (I was not there) they seemed to of gone more direct in play. Hopefully that is not the case because he was doing it the right way. As far as how we are scoring goals it is a complete team game. Passing, movement, switching play and finishing when they get a chance. The two games after Kennington we possessed and the teams got tired. We struggle against McKinney but hopefully we play better than the last couple of times in which they handled us.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 9/3/2017, 8:10 pm

bueler13 wrote:Kennington was beating Rush 1-0 at half, however from talking with people (I was not there) they seemed to of gone more direct in play. Hopefully that is not the case because he was doing it the right way.

Unfortunately it was though don't believe it was or will be a trend. One of our two starting Center Mids went down with an injury in the first half against Rush (actually I think he aggravated a prior injury in the 1st half). He played the 2nd half but was meaningfully slowed and sat out both other games (definitely no reason to risk further injury). That meaningfully hurt our ability to hold the middle third effectively so we moved to a more direct strategy to take some pressure off our midfield. Unfortunately the boys didn't execute as well as they could have. We seem to be a very average team using a director style of play, the few times be brought the ball out of the back and through the midfield in the second two games we saw some success but we simply couldn't hold defensively so had to make adjustments to compensate.

Or at least that was my read of the strategy employed.

Bottom line, the boys let a team beat them and a team tie them that shouldnt. Next week is another game.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 on 9/3/2017, 8:44 pm

Sucks your kid got hurt but glad you did not change except because of injury. Good luck

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzz on 9/4/2017, 10:11 am

Texans game ended in a 0-0 tie. The score posted is the PK shootout score. Teams were very evenly matched in this game.

Fuzz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/4/2017, 12:35 pm

Neither Final has posted yet but for my money the two winners this weekend were Rush and Volkan. Both erased any doubts they are D1 quality teams. Honorable mention to FCD Youth who only losses came to TSC Hurricane.

Losers this weekend...without taking into account injuries (Kennington per DragonStryker), has to be LP Owen, Allegiance, Ayses, FCD ETX, and Kennington. Biggest question marks go to Owen, who managed a tie to TSC "B" team and 3 losses...and were favored in all but 1.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 9/4/2017, 3:57 pm

Volkan's team played really well this weekend. They didn't make it out of the semifinals so I'd be interested in getting a game review from one of their parents about that semifinal game.

Volkan's team is a good team and only 2-3 guest players away from being a great team as their performance showed this weekend.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco5 on 9/4/2017, 7:59 pm

Buddy of mine has a son that plays with him.

First game Volkan outplayed Tulsa, was able to control the game, and a 4-2 result was deserved.

He said that Tulsa outplayed them this time around. Volkans goalie played really well. Volkan had 4-5 really good chances, hit crossbar/post twice. But Tulsa deserved to win the game.

Frisco5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B on 9/5/2017, 8:09 am

Socceroo wrote:Looks like now we know why Fever chose the Silver bracket...

They just got beat today by arguably Solar's 5th best team...a team that plays tough, but inconsistent by barely making D2.

It is now clear why they went Silver....

You mean Solar's 5th best "bronze level" team - as the Fever parent yelled to his son on the field. I believe the exact yell / quote was "your getting outplayed by a bronze division team".

Yeah, his son - and all the boys heard it too. Fantastic sideline motivation and parenting in my opinion.

Although, he was correct - they did get outplayed.

I think "inconsistent" was the theme for many teams this weekend. Time and league play will tell all.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RecMom on 9/5/2017, 8:35 am

That Guy wrote:Way to much analysis of 9 and 10 year old soccer. Socceropath something tells me you're an engineer or an accountant. Question, RecMom does your wife know that you are using her account? If you are a parent of a Fever player, talk to the coach, if you are not, why on Gods green earth do you care so much?? You're either unemployed or underemployed to have this much free time on your hands. Ding fries are done.

This is a forum with one purpose... to talk about 07 boys youth soccer. What else are us parents going to do here? Maybe the analysis is way over your head, who knows, but I do find it amusing you take my comments as if I have a sincere deep care. I see something, make an observation, give an opinion and all of a sudden I'm a fry cook at your favorite fast food restaurant. I also like the fact that this is my 12th post yet you tell me I'm underemployed or unemployed. If posting a total of 12 times is what you consider a full time job then I really hope you didn't stress yourself too much when you obviously had the time visit this forum, read the comments, register an account then post. So, careful there Pot (I'll be the kettle). I guess I turn your question back around to you....why do YOU care so much what I think? And if you think it took me hours and hours to develop my opinion about Fever all of a sudden going from Gold (for the last 2 years) to Silver then I guess it is probably a struggle for you to check on those fries. It took me a whole 5 seconds to see that and go, "hmmm, that's odd, not sure I agree with that". Very Happy Very Happy No pickles please Very Happy

I know not everyone agrees, that's ok, I'm not trying to convince anyone, just providing my opinion on this discussion forum create for this exact reason.....to discuss our opinions. If people's opinions bother you that much, go put your safety pin on and find your safe place. No 10 year olds were harmed in the posting of my comments. I'm RecMom and I approve of this message. Very Happy

RecMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzz on 9/5/2017, 8:42 am

Solar 07B wrote:
Socceroo wrote:Looks like now we know why Fever chose the Silver bracket...

They just got beat today by arguably Solar's 5th best team...a team that plays tough, but inconsistent by barely making D2.

It is now clear why they went Silver....

You mean Solar's 5th best "bronze level" team - as the Fever parent yelled to his son on the field. I believe the exact yell / quote was "your getting outplayed by a bronze division team".

Yeah, his son - and all the boys heard it too. Fantastic sideline motivation and parenting in my opinion.

Although, he was correct - they did get outplayed.

I think "inconsistent" was the theme for many teams this weekend. Time and league play will tell all.

That's ok, I was watching the semis for Plano and for the most part all the parents of the games I attended were civilized and no issues. The only comment I heard that I felt was insulting to players came from the coach of the Texans Red. During their semi finals match he felt the need to yell really loud to his players that the other team "has only 1 threat". As I was standing on the other side of the field with all the parents and could clearly hear that, so could all the players. He basically said the other team only has one good player. The best part was I heard a very similar comment from one of his players on the field during the game after that. I think it was his goalie telling his defenders, "mark # XX, he's the only good one". But, is that really a surprise?

Fuzz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by takinumbers on 9/5/2017, 8:55 am

Socceropath wrote:Neither Final has posted yet but for my money the two winners this weekend were Rush and Volkan.  Both erased any doubts they are D1 quality teams.  Honorable mention to FCD Youth who only losses came to TSC Hurricane.

Losers this weekend...without taking into account injuries (Kennington per DragonStryker), has to be LP Owen, Allegiance, Ayses, FCD ETX, and Kennington.  Biggest question marks go to Owen, who managed a tie to TSC "B" team and 3 losses...and were favored in all but 1.  

LP played all weekend without 2 of their starters who hardly come off the pitch due to injuries. In one game they were missing their entire starting back line, except for their keeper. Not a good weekend for LP. Knowing these group of boys, they're going to work hard to get back stronger.

takinumbers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 9/5/2017, 9:29 am

I heard a lot of shocking things from coaches this weekend. you have to walk by team sidelines at some of the Plano facilities to get to your field and the things I heard from coaches on some sidelines was awful. we as parents generally don't hear what they say across the field, and I think the kids are terrified to say anything, but cursing at kids and demeaning other teams' kids is wrong. I would hope that all parents agree that no kid should get hurt (physically or mentally) at the age of 10. I wonder if the fun is being killed with these coaches desire to win. some kids have bad tournaments - it happens. look at qualifying. truthfully, Game of Thrones is over and I have nothing else to talk about. good luck with Restaurant RecMom.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/5/2017, 9:34 am

RecMom wrote: No 10 year olds were harmed in the posting of my comments.   I'm RecMom and I approve of this message. Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/5/2017, 9:45 am

takinumbers wrote:
Socceropath wrote:Neither Final has posted yet but for my money the two winners this weekend were Rush and Volkan.  Both erased any doubts they are D1 quality teams.  Honorable mention to FCD Youth who only losses came to TSC Hurricane.

Losers this weekend...without taking into account injuries (Kennington per DragonStryker), has to be LP Owen, Allegiance, Ayses, FCD ETX, and Kennington.  Biggest question marks go to Owen, who managed a tie to TSC "B" team and 3 losses...and were favored in all but 1.  

LP played all weekend without 2 of their starters who hardly come off the pitch due to injuries. In one game they were missing their entire starting back line, except for their keeper. Not a good weekend for LP. Knowing these group of boys, they're going to work hard to get back stronger.

So Kennington and LP had significant injury issues. First off I wish a speedy recovery to all affected. Unfortunately I think the boys are getting to an age where the frequency and severity of injuries increase. It can and will affect the outcome of games.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 9/5/2017, 9:50 am

that is part of my point- with the way the coaches are pushing the kids, there are way to many injuries to 10 year olds. these are injuries that can have significant ramifications as they get older.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 9/5/2017, 9:55 am

Part of the injury problem is exacerbated by not enough attention to proper stretching and warm-up. The next is rushing players back before they're ready and playing through injuries.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KOSoccer92 on 9/5/2017, 9:58 am

I went out to support our two North Texas teams in the finals at the Plano Invitational Tourney, so I got a chance to watch both Finals (Gold and Silver) Gold Final was between DT Red and TSC. TSC came out firing on all cylinders. Went up 2-0 pretty early. 3rd goal was a scary/unfortunate moment. While attempting to clear a ball, the Texans keeper kicked the ball right into a defenders face, knocking the BB out cold, while the ball rolled in for an own goal. Kudos to Texans for fighting back. In a blink of an eye, the score was 3-2.... Then came the controversy. Texans were awarded a PK. On the kick, the TSC goalie came off his line, which the linesman called, and blocked the PK. The central ref looked over at the linesmen, put his whistle in his mouth, but as the TSC keeper kicked the ball away, he lowered his whistle and TSC score on that counter to go up 4-2.

Other final was between Liverpool Carragher and Cosmos Elite (OK) I caught portions of this game. Carragher seems to be trending in the right direction. They don't have any super talent that jumps out at you, but they have speed up top, good mids and a strong defense. Their goalie is a good keeper. Saw him make some good saves to keep the score 1-0. Should be interesting to see if they can take the next step and push for the top of D2. They should be a tough match up for any Div 2 team.

Congrats to both teams on their performances.

KOSoccer92
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/5/2017, 10:20 am

just-a-dad wrote: I wonder if the fun is being killed with these coaches desire to win.   some kids have bad tournaments - it happens. 

Post of the year!

All jokes aside, this is exactly what happens...Neighbor's kid was a super stud DT kid....arguably one of the best true forwards I've seen at ages 10-13...This was 5 yrs ago....Needless to say, by the time he turned 15, he was done....got tired of the yelling (by everyone), the pressure, the 40 games a year for 7 years. It was a shame. Great kid, incredible skills....but burned out....This is a common theme....Look around the U11 Classic D1 and D2 teams this next weekend....Half of these kids wont be playing at 14/15....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/5/2017, 10:30 am

Socceropath wrote:

So Kennington and LP had significant injury issues.  First off I wish a speedy recovery to all affected.  Unfortunately I think the boys are getting to an age where the frequency and severity of injuries increase.  It can and will affect the outcome of games.  

The sad part here is that we all know what the problems are....I'm not saying this is what happened to these kids.  But in general, at age 10, these kids have already played on avg 4 yrs of competitive soccer. Most of these teams are now playing 40+ games/yr. Add private practices, indoor, futsal, etc... all this specialization in one sport at 10 yrs old, when you add the pressure from coaches and unfulfilled parents combined with the lack of a understanding and knowledge of physiology by most of these coaches, this becomes a recipe for disaster...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/5/2017, 12:11 pm

Not surprised to hear this about the Fever. I actually expected the post about sideline etiquette to have been about them as well.

I can't Stress enough how much a coach matters to our kids at this age. So many parents want to win vs actually choosing who is coaching your kid.

It will be crystal clear what mistakes were made in a few years though.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Labor day

Post by Solar5555 on 9/5/2017, 12:30 pm

We also watched the texan vs tsc game in plano but found ourselves watching the silver bracket championship. With all the talk about our 4th best team vulcan but wasent it liverpool carrager who knocked them out of D-1 just wondering

Solar5555
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 9/5/2017, 2:45 pm

Solar5555 I don't know what you mean by "with all the talk about 4th best team Vulcan." They had a good tournament but used guest players to do it so I miss the connection to PLD and qualifying. Unless you're just throwing shade.

Last edited by Bears on 9/5/2017, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 9/5/2017, 2:56 pm

Was unaware Volkan had guest players for PLD. Is this speculation or confirmed?

Who did he have and what team's were they from?
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Labor dsy tournament

Post by Solar5555 on 9/5/2017, 3:10 pm

I was just saying.Someone mentioned that it was a good weekend for 2 dividion 2 teams rush and vulcan. Then someone said they saw liverpool carrager play sunday. I was just mentioning that what i briefly saw from liverpool carrager was very good and they should be mentioned in as well. Looking back to confirm it was liverpool carrager who knocked vulcan out of D-1 2-1. ..

Solar5555
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/5/2017, 3:16 pm

Solar5555 wrote:I was just saying.Someone mentioned that  it was a good weekend for 2 dividion 2 teams rush and vulcan. Then someone said they saw liverpool carrager play sunday. I was just mentioning that what i briefly saw from liverpool  carrager was very good and they should be mentioned in as well. Looking back to confirm it was liverpool carrager who knocked vulcan out of D-1  2-1. ..

Liverpool Carragher just lost to Solar McKinney last weekend in their first D2 Classic game...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 9/5/2017, 3:20 pm

Socceroo wrote:
Solar5555 wrote:I was just saying.Someone mentioned that  it was a good weekend for 2 dividion 2 teams rush and vulcan. Then someone said they saw liverpool carrager play sunday. I was just mentioning that what i briefly saw from liverpool  carrager was very good and they should be mentioned in as well. Looking back to confirm it was liverpool carrager who knocked vulcan out of D-1  2-1. ..

Liverpool Carragher just lost to Solar McKinney last weekend in their first D2 Classic game...

Actually they lost to Solar Martinez.

Last edited by DragonStryker on 9/5/2017, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum