Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Latest topics
» U11 Classic D1
by Nomansoccerdad Today at 10:54 am

» '04 CLASSIC D2 Fall/Spring 2017-18
by Gameday 04 Yesterday at 9:31 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» Congratulation to Weston McKennie
by TayJ6 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» U17 World Cup Roster local players
by Bears Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» 2011 team - North Dallas
by FC FAST 11 Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» 09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 5:40 pm

» New to Plano - 06 Player available
by GKdad4653 9/21/2017, 5:29 pm

» 07 Boys Teams - GULF COAST OPEN -Gulf Shores Area- Jan 12-15
by U90C 9/21/2017, 4:39 pm

» FC Dallas West 11's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:11 pm

» FC Dallas West 10's (mid-cities area) Open Sessions
by ccarra02 9/21/2017, 3:06 pm

» Arlington Labor Tourney
by Riquelme Rises 9/21/2017, 12:21 pm

» Weekly predictions for D2
by PremierLeagueFan 9/21/2017, 11:40 am

» 03 Boys Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 10-12)
by U90C 9/21/2017, 10:52 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Labor Day Tournaments

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Labor Day Tournaments

Post by DragonStryker on 9/5/2017, 3:20 pm

Socceroo wrote:
Solar5555 wrote:I was just saying.Someone mentioned that  it was a good weekend for 2 dividion 2 teams rush and vulcan. Then someone said they saw liverpool carrager play sunday. I was just mentioning that what i briefly saw from liverpool  carrager was very good and they should be mentioned in as well. Looking back to confirm it was liverpool carrager who knocked vulcan out of D-1  2-1. ..

Liverpool Carragher just lost to Solar McKinney last weekend in their first D2 Classic game...

Actually they lost to Solar Martinez.

Last edited by DragonStryker on 9/5/2017, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)

DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 on 9/5/2017, 3:27 pm

I JUIJust checked it was actually SOLAR MARTINEZ.2-1 BUT IM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT EITHER OF THOSE TEAMS.

Solar5555
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 on 9/5/2017, 3:28 pm

Good luck to everyone

Solar5555
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 on 9/5/2017, 5:03 pm

Ok so if we are talking parent incidents, Rush-Solar McKinney semifinal. Preface I am a Rush dad hut see things fairly. Rush player tackles Mckinney's man child and it is definitely a foul and a yellow card. The solar player does a push with his fist and gets a red (should of been a yellow because more of a push). However a Solar parent starts berating our player and basically he is done playing for the rest of the game. As a parent ai am disturbed that the coach would allow this but seeing how the coach is worried about yelling I can see the culture being formed with in that team. The other kids on solar played hard and fair and there was no other issues. Has any other people had the same issue with this team? As a parent if you are on the same team do you go up to that parent and say chill out?

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/5/2017, 6:37 pm

Solar5555 wrote:I JUIJust checked it was actually SOLAR MARTINEZ.2-1 BUT IM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT EITHER OF THOSE TEAMS.

Correct, my bad. Liverpool Carragher lost to Solar Martinez  last weekend 3 x 2 in the 1st round of Classic D2.

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/5/2017, 6:39 pm

bueler13 wrote:Ok so if we are talking parent incidents, Rush-Solar McKinney semifinal. Preface I am a Rush dad hut see things fairly. Rush player tackles Mckinney's man child and it is definitely a foul and a yellow card. The solar player does a push with his fist and gets a red (should of been a yellow because more of a push). However a Solar parent starts berating our player and basically he is done playing for the rest of the game. As a parent ai am disturbed that the coach would allow this but seeing how the coach is worried about yelling I can see the culture being formed with in that team. The other kids on solar played hard and fair and there was no other issues. Has any other people had the same issue with this team? As a parent if you are on the same team do you go up to that parent and say chill out?

McKinney's team have historically had some pretty wild parents...their 08 parents are unbearable...If you think he has a problem with screamers, you have not met his sidekick in his 2nd team yet...now that is a screamer!   rabbit

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword on 9/5/2017, 7:17 pm

Don't have a BB on either team but a Rush parent disturbed by coaching behavior may be a favorite irony of the season so far.

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad on 9/5/2017, 7:22 pm

My kid has played Rush many times and I've found the parents to be just fine. The boys play a physical style which some don't like though.

Fever, PST, Mckinney, and Owen are the parents I've always found to be the most annoying, rude and uncontrolled which trickles down directly from how their coaches act

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco5 on 9/5/2017, 7:34 pm

Solar Volkan played with two guest players, from a Plano Premier Team. So it wasn't as if they pulled over two kids from FCD Academy.

Crragher was Volkan's first loss in QT. Volkan's team just didn't show up and Carragher played well. Volkan had a really good weekend, they should be proud.

Frisco5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 on 9/5/2017, 8:55 pm

So yes Rush parents can be intense depending on the game and what is happening. However that is no different then other teams all with in teams 1-30 in any league. Two years ago we lost the one parent who would charge the field if his bb got hurt and he went to PST. Here is the difference we never go after another teams player. We mostly cheer for our players, mostly. And if you would like to ever have a conversation with me I am the bald guy sitting in the corner on the ground away from both sets of fans. Most of all I am a fan of good soccer. I coach club, hs and rec and I see all sorts of refs and attitudes. I have quieted my fans quite a bit in hs because of negativity not positivity. At least I tell you who I am with and can take the criticism openly. On top of that I probably should of put this in the apectator thread so my bad. So the one of my questions is how would you stop your teams fans if they are going to far? Would you step up for the good of your players and aay whatever?

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by No_Surprise_Here on 9/6/2017, 8:59 am

I would not judge any team based on performance in Labor Day Tournaments that allow guest players. Also, due to the fact that the holiday throws many kids and family's off their routine and play can suffer because of that. Congrats to those who did well and to those who didn't, I would not worry, plenty of league games to be played.

No_Surprise_Here
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 9/6/2017, 10:09 am

Frisco5 wrote:Solar Volkan played with two guest players, from a Plano Premier Team.  So it wasn't as if they pulled over two kids from FCD Academy.

Crragher was Volkan's first loss in QT. Volkan's team just didn't show up and Carragher played well. Volkan had a really good weekend, they should be proud.

Your comments remind me of the discussions on the board pre-Tut and QT. Volkan DID have at least one kid from FCD Academy guesting and they barely won the Firecracker tournament or whatever that tournament was called.

I wouldn't dismiss the quality or talent of their two guests from PLD purely because those guests play on a PPL team. You'll find DA caliber players on D2 and D3 teams. Playing PPL isn't an indictment on skill or ability.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B on 9/6/2017, 10:10 am

Socceroo wrote:
bueler13 wrote:Ok so if we are talking parent incidents, Rush-Solar McKinney semifinal. Preface I am a Rush dad hut see things fairly. Rush player tackles Mckinney's man child and it is definitely a foul and a yellow card. The solar player does a push with his fist and gets a red (should of been a yellow because more of a push). However a Solar parent starts berating our player and basically he is done playing for the rest of the game. As a parent ai am disturbed that the coach would allow this but seeing how the coach is worried about yelling I can see the culture being formed with in that team. The other kids on solar played hard and fair and there was no other issues. Has any other people had the same issue with this team? As a parent if you are on the same team do you go up to that parent and say chill out?

McKinney's team have historically had some pretty wild parents...their 08 parents are unbearable...If you think he has a problem with screamers, you have not met his sidekick in his 2nd team yet...now that is a screamer!   rabbit

Who exactly are your referring to? "sidekick in his 2nd team"? Lanier is the opposite of a "screamer" in games, he will generally sub a kid out and talk with him - then put them back in.

And our parents tend to be pretty tame. With the exception of that one parent who got thrown out of a game at King-Tut for addressing the center ref about overturning three correct calls in a row made by the linesman. But that guy is just a troublemaker... Twisted Evil

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/6/2017, 10:15 am

Solar 07B wrote:
Socceroo wrote:

Who exactly are your referring to? "sidekick in his 2nd team"? Lanier is the opposite of a "screamer" in games, he will generally sub a kid out and talk with him - then put them back in.

And our parents tend to be pretty tame. With the exception of that one parent who got thrown out of a game at King-Tut for addressing the center ref about overturning three correct calls in a row made by the linesman. But that guy is just a troublemaker... Twisted Evil

Don't know any of  the parents on Lanier's team. I can't comment on it. Was referring to the 08's.... ...As for Lanier, I know he is a good coach. But I have seen him in two or three practices in the past few years....could definitely see tears in some of those kids eyes....granted...this was a few years back when these 07's were 7-8.....But hey...some kids need that "encouragement" in practice right?  Shocked

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B on 9/6/2017, 10:26 am

Socceroo wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:
Socceroo wrote:

Don't know any of  the parents on Lanier's team. I can't comment on it. Was referring to the 08's.... ...As for Lanier, I know he is a good coach. But I have seen him in two or three practices in the past few years....could definitely see tears in some of those kids eyes....granted...this was a few years back when these 07's were 7-8.....But hey...some kids need that "encouragement" in practice right?  Shocked

I also had my reservations about him at first (as did my son), but he has turned out to be a very good coach and addition. The boys like and respond to him well.

I would go as far to say as for a "5th best Solar" and "bronze level", "B" team, we have the best coaching you can get.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by factsmatter on 9/6/2017, 10:49 am

Solar 07B wrote:I would go as far to say as for a "5th best Solar" and "bronze level", "B" team, we have the best coaching you can get.

Very well stated... can't argue with this.. Very Happy

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/6/2017, 10:51 am

Solar 07B wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:

I also had my reservations about him at first (as did my son), but he has turned out to be a very good coach and addition. The boys like and respond to him well.

I would go as far to say as for a "5th best Solar" and "bronze level", "B" team, we have the best coaching you can get.

Very Happy  Not sure who mentioned Bronze Level...but they clearly have played Silver division last year or so. Nothing wrong with that. 
The B team and 5th Best Solar team are simply straight from the rankings...doesn't make it true...but since none of us know all of these teams that well, the best we can do is use the tools available to us...  Nothing wrong with being McKinney's B team... His A team is really good. Nothing wrong with being the 5th ranked Solar Team per YSR...

As for Coaching....I'm not as familiar with Solar's coaching hierarchy here...but clearly they have good coaches in the 07 group...

Kennington, Volkan, McKinney, Martinez.....    If you claim McKinney and Lanier are the best, ok...who am I to argue...We just haven't seen any history with with older kids from McKinney (don't think he coaches any team older than 07) to see if that is true. We can clearly see how some the other Solar/Andromeda coaches have done in the past with older kids that they developed. I think from just observing Solar teams play, it is clear all of these guys are good coaches. With some of them, being much better recruiters than others...   Cool

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 on 9/6/2017, 11:20 am

Well i just thought i would say a few things. Im probably the old one in the room. With 2 kids who.played thru the solar system and one in it. If you are a girl things are different and the opportunity is greater for a scholarship..if your a boy for all the parents who play for a high ranked team great but remember no one cares but you and the other parents on the team. There are no college coaches watching them. Maybe when there 17 if there lucky and there still playing soccer. If your a boy and looking for a scholarship better try football,baseball,basketball only soccer if your looking for a 50% D-2 school.There are exceptions but few. Remeber if your kid is not playing enough leave /leave fast. Play for a team where your kid will play becsuse one coaches oppinion is what it is, one coaches oppinion so if your on the 1st or the 5th team have fun enjoy the experiece with your kid because you only get one chance and then there grown.go solar

Solar5555
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B on 9/6/2017, 11:49 am

Solar5555 wrote:Well i just thought i would say a few things. Im probably the old one in the room. With 2 kids who.played thru the solar system and one in it. If you are a girl things are different and the opportunity is greater for a scholarship..if your a boy for all the parents who play for a high ranked team great but remember no one cares but you and the other parents on the team. There are no college coaches watching them. Maybe when there 17 if there lucky and there still playing soccer. If your a boy and looking for a scholarship  better try football,baseball,basketball only soccer if your looking for a 50% D-2 school.There are exceptions but few. Remeber if your kid is not playing enough leave /leave fast. Play for a team where your kid will play becsuse one coaches oppinion is what it is, one coaches oppinion so if your on the 1st or the 5th team have fun enjoy the experiece with your kid because you only get one chance and then there grown.go solar

I totally agree with this.

Help them love the game, watch professional matches, let them play as much as they want - or don't want. If they want to get better, help them get better.  Let them dream. Spending time going to tournaments, practices, games and just talking about soccer in general -  is connecting and spending time with your kid - something our society has forgotten how to do.

There is my share moment for the month, now Im going to go have a good cry and eat some ice cream - and I should be all good for a while.

and our team is still the best... just sayin' Very Happy

Last edited by Solar 07B on 9/6/2017, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JogaBonitoTX on 9/6/2017, 11:52 am

Which Solar coach will have the 07s when they go DA next year? Is it one of these five? Kennington, Volkan, McKinney, Martinez, or McKinney. Or somebody else at the club?

JogaBonitoTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B on 9/6/2017, 12:01 pm

JogaBonitoTX wrote:Which Solar coach will have the 07s when they go DA next year? Is it one of these five? Kennington, Volkan, McKinney, Martinez, or McKinney. Or somebody else at the club?

They have not assigned a DA coach to the age group. None of the current age group coaches have DA teams or experience.

My guess would be Oglesby or Castro - but that is pure speculation.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 9/6/2017, 12:06 pm

Solar 07B wrote:
JogaBonitoTX wrote:Which Solar coach will have the 07s when they go DA next year? Is it one of these five? Kennington, Volkan, McKinney, Martinez, or McKinney. Or somebody else at the club?

They have not assigned a DA coach to the age group. None of the current age group coaches have DA teams or experience.

My guess would be Oglesby or Castro - but that is pure speculation.

Adam Wells. He held a few limited pool practices this past spring. I would anticipate them starting back up in the medium term (Nov to Jan best guess).

This could obviously change.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JogaBonitoTX on 9/6/2017, 12:32 pm

Interesting. Not familiar with Adam Wells.

Situation sounds similar to the 06's. If they haven't announced anything officially, I guess only Adrian knows.

JogaBonitoTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by factsmatter on 9/6/2017, 12:38 pm

DragonStryker wrote:Adam Wells. He held a few limited pool practices this past spring. I would anticipate them starting back up in the medium term (Nov to Jan best guess).

This could obviously change.

Yes, I too was told it's Adam Wells. He's a good coach from what I've seen and heard. I've spoken to him personally about him coaching DA, and this has also been confirmed by both Volkan and Kennington.

However, I've also been told (by friends with kids playing U12 DA) that Castro will stay with the U12 DA... so who know's what to believe at this point...smh

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/6/2017, 1:04 pm

I have heard from a very good source that despite the speculation, it will not be Adam Wells...    Wink
I don't know who will be the DA coach, but please note that from the current crop of the TOP 5 07 Solar coaches, only one has assisted on DA teams before. Not that it means anything...but it could mean something...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 9/6/2017, 1:21 pm

Aside from politics at play over at Solar, it may be as simple as who holds a "B" license, since its required for DA. This potentially eliminates quite a few candidates.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum