Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 1 thoughts (anyone)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 1 thoughts (anyone)?

Post by Dragon Nation on 8/21/2017, 8:01 am

I did not get to see any of the games played in Classic league but I did see the scores.    Congrats to Ayses Gold, Cruz Azul & Solar Castro for getting their first wins of the season.  Did Ayses look ready for the moment, is Cruz Azul stronger & did the Castro machine look like men amongst boys?  Thoughts?

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 thoughts (anyone)?

Post by Number13 on 8/21/2017, 9:51 am

The First Rule of Fight Club....
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 8/22/2017, 10:02 am

LOL

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTssball on 8/24/2017, 12:10 pm

I saw Castro beat Sawyer - they just look really solid - will be hard to beat.

What a set of games last night - I wanted to watch but just got too busy.

Can anyone give their take on the events? Both outcomes where surprising!

Just shows that why we play the game.

Next week predictions!
Stricker vs Ayses - 5-0 Stricker - they will be in a bad mood...
FCD Gold vs Cruz Azul - 2-1 FCDG - this will be a good game.
LP Rush vs FCDP - 6-3 FCDP - see Stricker game above.
DTS vs Sawyer - 2-0 DTS - both have solid defenses - tough start for Sawyer.
ODY vs Castro - game of the week - 4-2 Castro - the machine keeps on rolling!

Good luck all!

NTssball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 8/24/2017, 2:39 pm

Stricker vs DTS last night ended 0-0 but should have probably been 5 or 6-1 but Solar didn't finish the opportunities they had.  DTS blew a PK with 7 mins left in the game that mostly would have been the game winner considering they seemed to be playing with 20 kids on defense.  Solar was still able to break down the defense but just didn't finish.  Not what I'm used to seeing.  I'm sure they'll get that fixed.  DTS is a very good team & they played well.  Stricker has some kids who have been thrust into new roles but they'll be OK.  I doubt anyone will shed a tear for them Smile  Hopefully they'll bounce back on Saturday.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 8/24/2017, 3:14 pm

Stricker team probably on a Championship hangover. Didn't they finish last years season about 10 hours ago?

Talk about year round play. I pick them to win the National Title again this year.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 8/25/2017, 8:18 am

Sprint wrote:Stricker team probably on a Championship hangover.  Didn't they finish last years season about 10  hours ago?

Talk about year round play.  I pick them to win the National Title again this year.  

Didn't these 2 teams draw last season as well? Maybe they are just matched well. No slight on either team, sometimes the matchups just equate to a draw.
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 8/25/2017, 8:36 am

tpitty wrote:

Didn't these 2 teams draw last season as well? Maybe they are just matched well. No slight on either team, sometimes the matchups just equate to a draw.

I think they played 3 times last year.  5-0, 2-2, 6-0.   On goes the sine wave.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 8/25/2017, 8:44 am

Ah, so a prediction of a large to nil result next match would be fair. Cool
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTssball on 8/25/2017, 9:12 am

Number13 wrote:
tpitty wrote:

I think they played 3 times last year.  5-0, 2-2, 6-0.   On goes the sine wave.

I think ALL teams would love to have the Stricker sine wave - Stricker (due to their results) gets the best from each team every time they go out. It's tough to keep up that level EVERY game. Look out when they are focused though - that is why I thought they would run away with the next game. They have proven that when they focus on a result - they are tough to deal with!

NTssball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/25/2017, 8:02 pm

Dragon Nation wrote:Stricker vs DTS last night ended 0-0 but should have probably been 5 or 6-1 but Solar didn't finish the opportunities they had.  DTS blew a PK with 7 mins left in the game that mostly would have been the game winner considering they seemed to be playing with 20 kids on defense.  Solar was still able to break down the defense but just didn't finish.  Not what I'm used to seeing.  I'm sure they'll get that fixed.  DTS is a very good team & they played well.  Stricker has some kids who have been thrust into new roles but they'll be OK.  I doubt anyone will shed a tear for them Smile  Hopefully they'll bounce back on Saturday.

Stricker 50/50 direct with degradation to boot and run with some occasional passes to goal that were on the mark but unable to connect so an overall disappointment to them I imagine. Their timing will improve over the next few games and then we will see what they are capable of.

DTS missed opportunities like the PK but that was just jitters and will settle down now that the bloom is off the rose with Stricker. DTS midfielders ruled over Stricker and the forwards really had no strategy against the DTS defenders that looked like men.

This year defensive size is gonna matter so I give the big D's an advantage. Ody grew some big boys in the back and stole an olympic sprinter (I am gonna call him the flash) and look like they could give any team a run for their money.

FCD Premier is still getting it together but the last minute press by their striker gave everyone a scare at Ody and rightfully so.

That's all I saw but it was definitely worth watching.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/25/2017, 8:39 pm

NTssball wrote:I saw Castro beat Sawyer - they just look really solid - will be hard to beat.

I am hoping this academy team will give us all a run for our money and give everyone a shot at classic league glory. If you beat this team then you are good enough to brag about it, but even if you find that it's too tall an order to fill, it will be well worth the attempt.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/26/2017, 2:18 pm

Looks like FCD Premier got it together this morning and had a good win. Lots of talent and much is expected from them so it's nice to see them play to potential.

DTS and Solar Sawyer found out they are on different sides of the same coin and their size and physicality kept it level the entire game. Both sides attacked well, Sawyer is very direct and Adames is very creative but neither could finish. If we were scoring on hitting the post hard enough to make it ring or watching a PERFECT pass to goal go unanswered, then Solar would have won, if we were scoring for each shot sent into orbit over the crossbar or directly at the Solar GK (guess what? D1 GK's aren't gonna let you score that way) DTS would be the winner. However when the shots were spot on, BOTH GK's impressed. BIG defense combined with strong mids makes for a long grind.

Elephant in the Room...Ody beat Solar in a game of possession vs results with each coach competing for loudest voice on the pitch. Bragging rights to Odyssey and I am sure this loss has Solar smarting till their next game.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 on 8/26/2017, 5:05 pm

Any idea who won Stricker/Ayces game?

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation on 8/29/2017, 2:23 am

Solar Stricker won 5-1.  The Ayses will win a lot of games this year.  They're a good team.  In the 1st half, their ball movement, spacing & runs were impressive.  I can see how they won D2.  Solar started fast by scoring 2 goals in the 1st half then blinked & the Ayses scored 2 minutes before halftime.  I think the Ayses gave 110% in the 1st half just trying to keep up. The 2nd half was all Solar.  Strickers offense came alive overcoming the wet conditions & the goals came in bunches like we're used to seeing.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 8/29/2017, 11:18 am

The Solar/Ody game demonstrated why you do not bet on the favorite on a muddy track. The red card Solar received did not help their ability to fight back late in the game.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/30/2017, 10:26 am

Fanofson wrote:The Solar/Ody game demonstrated why you do not bet on the favorite on a muddy track. The red card Solar received did not help their ability to fight back late in the game.

I think it shows how well Odyssey is playing at the moment since they got the result over a highly skilled team of USSF academy players who were unable to overcome Odyssey in poor field conditions that absolutely tilted the scales in Solars' favor even more ( I bet Coach Castro didn't see the field conditions as a weakness).

The red card (if justified) is totally beneath the quality of an academy player so I am guessing (hoping) that it was a new player who needs to learn a thing or two about positioning.

I would confidently take this Academy team with 10 players into any Classic League game so let's just call it what it is, a good result for Odyssey and give them kudos for a job well done.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks on 8/30/2017, 2:12 pm

There's been a PLF sighting...glad to see you back on the boards. It has been (relatively) quiet without you.

Did your BB's last team put a moratorium on your message board postings? Welcome back.

donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 8/30/2017, 3:40 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
The red card (if justified) is totally beneath the quality of an academy player so I am guessing (hoping) that it was a new player who needs to learn a thing or two about positioning.

Red card was for utterance of a word that begins with F. The player was a bit rusty on the sensitivity of CL regarding language. Lesson learned.

Although the card was not helpful there was only 15 minutes to go and Ody had done a fine job of parking the bus. It was not looking like they were going to concede anyway.

Last edited by davito on 8/30/2017, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/30/2017, 4:33 pm

donovansucks wrote:There's been a PLF sighting...glad to see you back on the boards.  It has been (relatively) quiet without you.

Did your BB's last team put a moratorium on your message board postings?  Welcome back.

He was playing in a different league so I didn't get to see any games from our beloved Classic League. I am glad my BB is back here cause he missed playing against his friends.

He is playing a new position this year and it is fun watching him compete for playing time. cheers
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 8/30/2017, 6:56 pm

PLF was truly missed. Now the message board will be worth reading again

Make Message Board Great Again!

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down